Home ATV Florida Forum ATV Florida Where to Ride? ATV Florida Links Advertise

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Big Scrub campsites -online  (Read 15421 times)
GrizzlyBear
Supreme Member

ONFA President, Florida OHV Rec Committee Member

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« on: November 03, 2006, 09:57:02 AM »

You can now reserve your campsites at Big Scrub online.  This is something you might want to do for holiday weekends.

www.reserveamerica.com

you can also call 1-877-444-6777

New showers now open.
« Last Edit: December 05, 2006, 03:59:35 PM by GrizzlyBear » Logged

2006 Rhino Special Edition
2006 Grizzly 660
2003 Raptor 660 (son)
2003 Yamaha Kodiak

www.onfa.org
pineiroj

Finally, ATVFlorida.com is here!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: November 03, 2006, 11:00:05 AM »

grizz,
With the additions of the trailheads has anybody discussed getting power and water to the camp sites at Big Scrub? Like at Croom power and water to every site. I know some of us with generators are okay and I understand showers are going in. It would be nice to have power and water.   Grin
GrizzlyBear
Supreme Member

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: November 03, 2006, 11:06:23 AM »

Probably never in our lifetime, but I could be wrong.

2006 Grizzly 660
2003 Raptor 660 (son)
2003 Yamaha Kodiak

www.onfa.org
pineiroj

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: November 03, 2006, 11:12:55 AM »

Thanks was just hoping  Smiley
duroc825
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: November 07, 2006, 09:28:57 AM »

yeah, power and water and while we're at it how about a few nice condos and hotels for us to stay at in the "forest". Come on man water and power aint camping! Just my opinion no harm meant.
logger

« Reply #5 on: November 07, 2006, 09:52:26 AM »

To verify that you have a reservation I would suggest to make a print out of the reservation, so you can show it to the host.
Eworm
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: November 08, 2006, 03:13:17 PM »

yeah, power and water and while we're at it how about a few nice condos and hotels for us to stay at in the "forest". Come on man water and power aint camping! Just my opinion no harm meant.

I like to ride. Camping is OK. I would love to ride all day and then come to my cabin and relax in a hot tub. Come on man, water and power is sweet!! Power would be awesome at scrub!! My .02
4fittyr

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: November 08, 2006, 03:42:24 PM »

they ran power and water to new restrooms why not to every site?? but whatever happen to first come first serve  big scrub is really a parking lot with bathrooms now or did they designate camp sites??

if u can't be good be good at it
bad2thebone

« Reply #8 on: November 08, 2006, 08:39:09 PM »

it looks like designated camp sites, what new restrooms, you mean the ones that may never open
lisa

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: November 21, 2006, 07:16:45 PM »

Oh and don't forget that the camping arrangements in ONF will be changing soon. I will get more information on that at the next Scenic By-way meeting if Rick has the courage to show up and talk to me.

In His Hands,
Lisa
In the beginning of a change the patriot is a scarce man, and brave, and hated and scorned. When his cause succeeds, the timid join him, for then it costs nothing to be a patriot.
Mark Twain - Notebook, 1904
450rcrazy

« Reply #10 on: November 29, 2006, 06:22:29 PM »

I own a camper with an AC unit that loves to run but only with power.My wife does not ride quads "they scare her" but I do enjoy spending time with my wife.This all being said Florida is very hot even at night after generators must be turned off,My wife does not sleep well when she is sweeting like a pig therfore I cannot sleep.Sleep is something I like to have before a long ride.I bought a camper so I can be near open leagel riding areas and still have some comferts of home not just to go camping.
T2
Supreme Member

It's Better To Be The Predator Than the Prey

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: December 12, 2006, 05:31:50 AM »

I own a camper with an AC unit that loves to run but only with power.My wife does not ride quads "they scare her" but I do enjoy spending time with my wife.This all being said Florida is very hot even at night after generators must be turned off,My wife does not sleep well when she is sweeting like a pig therfore I cannot sleep.Sleep is something I like to have before a long ride.I bought a camper so I can be near open leagel riding areas and still have some comferts of home not just to go camping.

You hit the nail right on the head with this comment. My wife feels exactly the same way. This is one of the reasons I don't like to camp at Scrub anymore. I tried it a couple of weeks ago and we froze are azzzezs off when we had to turn off the power and there was no more heat.

qt314nfla

« Reply #12 on: December 12, 2006, 06:56:06 AM »

You hit the nail right on the head with this comment. My wife feels exactly the same way. This is one of the reasons I don't like to camp at Scrub anymore. I tried it a couple of weeks ago and we froze are azzzezs off when we had to turn off the power and there was no more heat.

Ok crazy you need to get your wife to lose a few pounds and she won't sweat like a pig.  However, she'll likely be freezing your butt off by cuddling up to you like T2's tiny wife.

Tony, I don't even take a generator out to my camp anymore.  I have a heater that runs on propane that heats my entire trailer.  It has 3 automatic shut offs.  I tested it before sleeping and it's reliable as heck.  It was in the 30's a few weeks ago at my camp and I was nice and comfy!
jbbj220

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: January 31, 2007, 10:09:00 PM »

I have never been to Big Scrub, what are the campsites like? I like to tent camp so I am wondering do the sites have any trees for shade, fire pits for a camp fire. Let me know what they are like.

you don't stop rideing because you get old, you get old because you stop rideing
IT200

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #14 on: February 01, 2007, 12:45:27 AM »

I have never been to Big Scrub, what are the campsites like? I like to tent camp so I am wondering do the sites have any trees for shade, fire pits for a camp fire. Let me know what they are like.
No trees at all, they have fire pits. And the new bathrooms/showers are open.

Polaris 500 4x4
Yamaha Warrior
Yamaha Timberwolf 4x4
Suzuki DRZ 400
Inyourdraft2000

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: February 08, 2007, 02:28:35 PM »

I have not been back to Big Scrub since the new showers and restrooms were actually under construction, can anyone tell my what major changes has been made to the trails and or trail riding experiance surrounding the campground say w/ in a 15 mile radious.
Thanks for and info, wanting to put together a weekend trip w/ several friends here in Lakeland. Thanks

dvx400#1
Supreme Member

ride hard, ride fast, and ride safe

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: March 12, 2007, 07:56:48 PM »

do not reserve @ this site all information is wrong and they charge a $9 reservation fee,
the site says $6 per site and a minimum of 2 vehicles at site (trailer does not count as a separate vehicle) well we reserve 2 sites got there and they had all our info but they told us that it wasn,t for 2 vehicles and that we had to pay extra for a vehicle. well we argue and they told us to tell it to the web people, they would not honored what the web site says also the new showers were not working i mean they were all over flowing in to the floor out side the shower and it took a long time for it drain.  and also the volunteers were harrasing people like they were rangers, is cool to have volunteers to help out but to act like they were rangers comom, so we spoke with the ranger about it and he say just to be polite to them and just tell them that you know the law and just go on about your bussiness. and they cannot do anything about it
Psycho Ward

Team psycho racing

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: March 28, 2007, 10:04:41 PM »

We'll be camping here this sat. the 31st. Anyone else up for riding the surrounding areas? Gotta put some hours on the new quad Grin Wink

07' Can-Am 800 Renegade (stealth snorkled) 28" Silverbacks on vision 159's, UNI filter, BRP pre- filter,BRP rear hitch,Pro Taper bars,death grips, HMF Penland pro pipe, Dalton Clutch, 650 helix mod,custom front bumper,LED brake light and diamond plate CV guards.

<a href="http://s145.photobucket.co
mulemedics

Finally! ATVFlorida.com is here!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: August 11, 2007, 02:51:34 PM »

I have a trip planned in September.  Does quiet hours after 10pm mean no generators???  I hadnt noticed that before I planned the trip......

2012 Polaris ranger crew
GrizzlyBear
Supreme Member

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: August 13, 2007, 02:28:04 PM »

No generators after 10:00pm

2006 Grizzly 660
2003 Raptor 660 (son)
2003 Yamaha Kodiak

www.onfa.org
FLA.SHEE

lil' ol' YFZ 350R

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: August 13, 2007, 07:14:20 PM »

No generators after 10:00pm

or leave  the campgrounds either ,unless you park outside the gate!
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Other Florida sites of interest: www.PinballShark.com