Home ATV Florida Forum ATV Florida Where to Ride? ATV Florida Links Advertise

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Digitial Camera Question....?  (Read 3233 times)
MadMudder
Supreme Member

Semper Fi

View Profile

Ignore
« on: October 29, 2006, 09:38:57 PM »

Hey, I got a quick question about my camera. If im correct, you can hook up your camera to a computer and download the pics to the computer. But my mom says that you have to put the pictures on a CD and then put them in the library. Isnt there a way to connect the camera straight to the computer? I have a Cannon Powershot A75. It doesn't have any cables or anything like that. The CD's are the kodiak easyshare kind. Any help would be appreiciated.

2013 BF650i 4x4
Stock; for now..
B.MURRAy

« Reply #1 on: October 29, 2006, 09:41:11 PM »

You need a cable to hook it up to the computer.  If you do not have one then you will have to resort to a disc.
UncleRico
Supreme Member

"Crazy, Insane?"

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: October 29, 2006, 09:57:22 PM »

The A75 is USB compatible...you can hook it to your computer using the correct USB cable.

Also, you can remove the memory card and put that into your computer. (Depending on what type of computer you have)

UNLUCKY #13 RACING  "I want to thank my sponsors, Jack Cass Bail Bonds, The Cleveland Steamer Carpet Cleaner Company, The Rusty Trombone Pub, and Dirty Sanchez's Liquor and Check Cashing."
MadMudder
Supreme Member

Semper Fi

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: October 29, 2006, 10:22:18 PM »

My computer is a custom made one by Southern PC... Huh It has a USB port. Is that where I hook up the Memory card? Also, where do I get the cable to do this with. Thanks for the quick advice.

2013 BF650i 4x4
Stock; for now..
UncleRico
Supreme Member

"Crazy, Insane?"

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: October 29, 2006, 11:15:26 PM »

If you have a memory card for your camera, you pull it out and put it in the memory card slot of your computer.

If you don't have a memory card, then you need the USB cable to fit your camera. The camera should have come with that USB cable though. (This type of cable has a smaller head at one end)

UNLUCKY #13 RACING  "I want to thank my sponsors, Jack Cass Bail Bonds, The Cleveland Steamer Carpet Cleaner Company, The Rusty Trombone Pub, and Dirty Sanchez's Liquor and Check Cashing."
wilburz
Supreme Member

Tastes like chicken!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: October 30, 2006, 07:16:28 AM »

using a usb cable connected directly to your camera and pc wears down your cameras batteries really fast. Buy a card reader for your pc. then you don't have to have your camera turned on to download the pics to your pc.

Go onto the internets and do the google to find a reader that is compatable to your camera.

1978 ridin mower, 48 inch cut, 3.4 hp briggs & stratton
12-6-3 front
14-8-5 back
no muffler
BonesTM

Did I clear That?

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: October 30, 2006, 07:25:24 AM »

I agree with wilburz. All you need is an all in one memory card reader and you will be set. Even if you decide to upgrade your camera, a multi reader should have you covered. Best of all they are cheap and won't put a dent in your walet. I did a quick search and found this 52in1 Card reader.

http://www.tigerdirect.com/applications/SearchTools/item-details.asp?EdpNo=1951865&CatId=962

If your not living on the edge.....
   Well, your just taking up to much Space!
2005 Suzuki Z400, ProTaper, K&N Filter, ProArmor SwingArm Plate, ASV C5 Levers, Pro Armor Skid Plate, Maxxis Razars Rear, ITP Holeshot Front
2004 Yamaha 350 Bruin 4x4
JackL
Supreme Member

A enemy generally says and believes what he wishes

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: October 30, 2006, 07:49:59 AM »

I have that same camera. It has a port on the
bottom left marked digital that plugs into usb.
It downloads real fast that way.

I use a reader that plugs into the PCMCIA slot on
a laptop though.
http://search.ebay.com/search/search.dll?from=R40&satitle=pcmcia+cf+reader
It was like $8 at walmart.

Just get something that can take compact flash.

The only rules that really matter are these: what a man can do and what a man can’t do.
UncleRico
Supreme Member

"Crazy, Insane?"

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: October 30, 2006, 11:54:20 AM »

Go onto the internets and do the google to find a reader that is compatable to your camera.

Is it safe to use "the google" on "the internets" or will it jam the tubes?

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Other Florida sites of interest: www.PinballShark.com