Home ATV Florida Forum ATV Florida Where to Ride? ATV Florida Links Advertise

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Camper /ATV Hauler  (Read 2376 times)
JEMatyas

Finally! ATVFlorida.com is here!

View Profile

Ignore
« on: October 22, 2006, 02:34:52 PM »

Last weekend I saw a pop up camper/ ATV hauler at C&R Motorsports park.  It was yellow and black, I believe.  If anyone knows the make of this and a dealer, please respond.  I am interested in buying one.

Foreman 500 4X4 ES
Recon 250
Bigscrb15
Supreme Member

I'm a Florida Mud Rider

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: October 22, 2006, 03:22:25 PM »

Its a Fleetwood Scorpion. www.fleetwoodrv.com

"When once you have tasted flight, you will forever walk the earth with your eyes turned skyward, for there you have been, and there you will always long to return."
lawn_man mx
Supreme Member

dont forget your wings! sky is the limit!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: October 22, 2006, 08:44:21 PM »

that scorpion  is way overpriced!!!  i check them out  before. Huh

05 yfz houser hiper  elka rpm alba   03 cr125   05 f350 fx4     braaauuuupppp !!!!  ftr +30B #58
quadtographer

Finally! ATVFlorida.com is here!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: October 22, 2006, 09:35:38 PM »

not to cause a any problems or debate here, I think the scorpin is one heck of a deal for the money. I have been pricing toy haulers for some time now, and there are to many that come as nicely equiped as these for $12-14,000 price range. Plus the added fact that you can easily haul four full sized quads or two rhino's with ease, plus a dirt bike or two on the front storage area. My only complaint with them would be not having a flush type toliet with a holding tank.

To me overall, for the money and with just a little work on the owners part, they can have one heck of a rig with very little money compaired to the $20,000 price range of most others that will give you the same as this unit will.

And yes, as of right now, I am planning on buying one unless I find something of equal ability, functionability,and price.
Bigscrb15
Supreme Member

I'm a Florida Mud Rider

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: October 22, 2006, 09:45:17 PM »

i looked at them also and found them to be way overpriced compared to other haulers. the ones I looked at were all around 15-16K they did not have large holding tanks, tv's, generators, flush toilets, large standup showers, a/c. You can find a used toy hauler for around the same price with all these features. I just couldn't justify spending that much and esentially being in a tent that is open to the outdoors.
 another unit that is a good price is the keystone hobbi. doesnt come with a gen but you can get one for it and is very nice. http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/2007-KEYSTONE-HOBBI-HB260-TRAVEL-TRAILER-TOY-HAULER-NEW_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQcategoryZ50063QQihZ016QQitemZ260041303448QQrdZ1
« Last Edit: October 22, 2006, 09:47:42 PM by Bigscrb15 » Logged

"When once you have tasted flight, you will forever walk the earth with your eyes turned skyward, for there you have been, and there you will always long to return."
05greengriz
Supreme Member

FMR STYLE

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: October 23, 2006, 09:21:22 AM »

Whether or not it means anything or not, safe yourself the headache and do it right the 1st time around.

07 Eiger
06 fsc 2800 weekend warrior
06 Rhino       
2005 Scardy Cat 500 4x4
2006 Acrtic Cat DVX 90
http
Bigscrb15
Supreme Member

I'm a Florida Mud Rider

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: October 23, 2006, 09:45:10 AM »

If money is a big concern you can always make your own trailer similar to the scorpion. We had a member on here that had a large dovetail deckover trailer and put an 8' popup sideways on the front and then loaded the quads behind it.

lawn_man mx
Supreme Member

dont forget your wings! sky is the limit!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: October 23, 2006, 10:04:03 AM »

i also checked the hobbi  and  it was a very nice  rig   but my only problem was  the back door  was too narrow  to fit race quads  Cry other than that  the  trailer  was sweet.   now  when its time  to get another one  my choice would  be  a raptor like  bigscrub15;D

05 yfz houser hiper  elka rpm alba   03 cr125   05 f350 fx4     braaauuuupppp !!!!  ftr +30B #58
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Other Florida sites of interest: www.PinballShark.com