Home ATV Florida Forum ATV Florida Where to Ride? ATV Florida Links Advertise

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: what JUST happened?  (Read 4456 times)
xr100racer

« on: October 17, 2006, 10:32:46 PM »

the video "me and buddy messing around on the yfz's" and my "!!!360!!!" video just got removed. why?
Thrumud
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: October 17, 2006, 11:01:22 PM »

Were you guys riding with helmets ?  If not, that's why.

xr100racer

« Reply #2 on: October 18, 2006, 11:03:23 AM »

yes everyone was wearing a helmet in both videos. if they were removed simply because it was on the street then thats riddiculus. i can understand the helmet thing but i think the mods are getting out of hand with filtering stuff. can a moderator please give me an explanation?
The Quad FaJa
Supreme Member

05 KFX 440 "4 Sale"

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: October 18, 2006, 11:37:48 AM »

yes they were removed simply because it was on the street.
I am going to say yes thats why...there was a nother vid of people going wheelies on the street and its gone to...
greenmachine
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: October 18, 2006, 11:59:35 AM »

It is illegal to ride on the street, unless it is a dirt road & your are traveling less than 25mph. I dont see anything rediculous here, use some common sense & look at the big picture. Your video if allowed on this site would be used by treehuggers to show the blatant disregard for the law & misuse of an atv. Then they would say the site allowed it so they must encourage it.
big-daddy
Defender of the secret society!
Supreme Member

Home of the Brave

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: October 18, 2006, 12:16:30 PM »

It is illegal to ride on the street, unless it is a dirt road & your are traveling less than 25mph. I dont see anything rediculous here, use some common sense & look at the big picture. Your video if allowed on this site would be used by treehuggers to show the blatant disregard for the law & misuse of an atv. Then they would say the site allowed it so they must encourage it.

Thats why its was remove! Get Smart and dont post ammo for the tree huggers.  Wink

I wonder if we can get Cheney to take Obama hunting?
1985 CJ7 Swamp Buggy named Swamp Thing
2001 Yamaha Wolverine 4x4
2005 Kodiak 450 4x4
2007 F150 Super Crew FX4
Proud RR and FMR member
NRA Life Time member
xr100racer

« Reply #6 on: October 18, 2006, 12:48:51 PM »

it was at the end of a dead end road out front of some trails. which is like a mile long and there are only a couple warehouses on it and they were like a half mile up the road. the other video looked to be in a normal street. im not gunna argue about this though it was removed so thats it but i do think the filtering is too intense, no one is going to use this as ammo against us. tell you what puts atv'ers in a bad light is that DVD dont know what its called where they are driving on the street and the guy runs from the cops on the predator, someone posted a preview of it on here, by the way that wasnt removed. if i had gotten an explanation for the removal like a pm or somthing i wouldnt have said anything, i just wanted to find out why
Thrumud
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: October 18, 2006, 12:54:04 PM »

xr100racer, the death of the boy in Ft Myers and the girl in Margate are making headlines. Law enforcement and extreme environmentalist monitor this site. They will use any unlawful material against us.  We ask that you please not post any unlawful activity on ATVs.  There is a reason behind it.  Please understand.

Thrumud
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: October 18, 2006, 12:55:37 PM »

If you want a better reason ask the mod.

xr100racer

« Reply #9 on: October 18, 2006, 01:01:48 PM »

ok ok ok SORRY for riding on the road. lot worse stuff on here though that hasnt been removed
qt314nfla

« Reply #10 on: October 18, 2006, 01:15:21 PM »

ok ok ok SORRY for riding on the road. lot worse stuff on here though that hasnt been removed

Then jump up and down and scream and hold your breath until your face turns blue.  Maybe if you throw yourself on the ground and start kicking it they'll listen.  Sorry man but you sound like a 5yo throwing a fit.

If the mods removed something then ask them.  Either way they are doing a job they were asked to do.  Sometimes things are let to slide until it gets out of hand. 

You were not singled out because they don't like you or what not.  It may just be because there were too many video's of activities that the site doesn't condone.  One person posts one video then the next guy has to show what he did.

This is over all a great site.  If you think it is over moderated then there are several other sites you can check out.  Give the mods a break though.  They have a hard job trying to keep everyone happy and still have fun on here.  I'm sure most of their time on the site is spent putting out fires and moderating posts rather than enjoying themselves like the rest of us do.
Thrumud
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: October 18, 2006, 01:20:17 PM »

Clapper

xr100racer

« Reply #12 on: October 18, 2006, 01:39:04 PM »

yeah, im throwing a big fit QT. look i dont care i just wanted to know why they removed it, i didnt know what mod removed it so i just posted the topic. now i know why, i was on the road. i like the site, i just stated my opinion about how i dont think the video of me on a piece of ashalt that no one drives on mattered. but i guess it could be seen by some as reckless and used against the atv community.  i now know what all of your opinions are so we dont need to argue, it is the mods decision and if they dont feel its appropriate for the site then thats fine. i understand completly why it was removed. it doesnt belong here because the site does not condone that behavior, the site doesnt want to show atv'ers as reckless people running on the streets. i feel this site does an excelent job of showing the atv community in a positive way and if a video jepordises that then by all means remove it
qt314nfla

« Reply #13 on: October 18, 2006, 02:08:42 PM »

Thanks for understanding.  I wasn't trying to jump on you.  I appreciate your understanding and hope you'll join in on some of the group rides.  They are a blast.
xr100racer

« Reply #14 on: October 18, 2006, 02:50:51 PM »

ok, glad we got all this cleared up
Fox17
Supreme Member

Go Gators!!

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: October 18, 2006, 11:10:53 PM »

TREE HUGGERS SUCK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 

(figured if they monitor this sight then they might wanna see how i feel bout them).
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Other Florida sites of interest: www.PinballShark.com