Home ATV Florida Forum ATV Florida Where to Ride? ATV Florida Links Advertise

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Durhamtown  (Read 2325 times)
stacktester
Supreme Member

Proud of our servicemen and women

View Profile

Ignore
« on: October 17, 2006, 05:37:54 PM »

I'm thinking about going to Stone Mountain and Durhamtown after Christmas. Is 2 days enough to ride there and be satisfied. I will have my daughter (9) and will camp in our toy hauler. Is it a pretty safe place? It looks like, according to the rules they keep people in line. I think the website gives a pretty good description of what to expect such as food and dining. I'm thinking arond Thurs. and Friday after xmas so if anybody is going let me know so we can ride with some Florida folks lol.

Honda Rancher 4x4 ES
Newmembers good friend
AintSkeered
Contributing Member Plus
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: October 17, 2006, 05:50:10 PM »

2 Days @ DP is plenty, you will not be sorry.

2015 Can-Am Outlander XT-P by Perry Performance Group
bigscrub79
Supreme Member

I'm a Florida Mud Rider!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: October 17, 2006, 06:09:14 PM »

2 days is worth it. They have guys riding around making sure nobody is acting crazy. They do a real good job of keeping people inline. Met many new people there this past weekend, its always a great time there. May think about heading up there around that time, if I do i will let you know.

Chuck_Norris

« Reply #3 on: October 17, 2006, 06:12:28 PM »

If I had my choice I would not have left, but the money only goes so far and as you might have seen in the pictures from our trip stuff breaks. Great time you will not be disappointed Thumbs Up
UncleRico
Supreme Member

"Crazy, Insane?"

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: October 17, 2006, 06:40:09 PM »

They do an excellent job of enforcing responsible riding at Durhamtown.

I think you and your daughter will have a blast. It's a great place to ride, and there's always really cool people there when I go that I seem to hook up with.

2 days is sufficient to get your fix.

UNLUCKY #13 RACING  "I want to thank my sponsors, Jack Cass Bail Bonds, The Cleveland Steamer Carpet Cleaner Company, The Rusty Trombone Pub, and Dirty Sanchez's Liquor and Check Cashing."
stacktester
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: October 17, 2006, 06:49:10 PM »

Thanks for the replies. I'm thinking about going to Stone Mountain the 26th and 27th and then heading to DP. So for 1 adult it's $40 for 2 days and I think 25 for my daughter for 2 days. I think $25 a day for my camper is reasonable. How is the campsites? Pretty clean and roomy?

Honda Rancher 4x4 ES
Newmembers good friend
randyz

Finally! ATVFlorida.com is here!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: October 17, 2006, 06:50:13 PM »

I just got back from there this weekend.  Spent one day at Durhamtown and one day at Broadriver.  Had a blast.  I had my 10 year old son with me and the only complaint at both parks was the dirt bikes flying by you on some of the narrow trails.  Other than that loved it.  If I had to pick I would say Broadriver was better with a youngster than Durhamtown, not nearly as crowded.
stacktester
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: October 17, 2006, 06:54:20 PM »

what is Broadriver? Is that the park near Macon? If anybody rides wreckless around a kid they need their a$$ kicked and kicked hard lol. I can't remember who has the saying on their page but that damn "I wish stupid was painful" makes me lmao everytime I see it. If only being stupid hurt the world would be a better place.

Honda Rancher 4x4 ES
Newmembers good friend
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Other Florida sites of interest: www.PinballShark.com