Home ATV Florida Forum ATV Florida Where to Ride? ATV Florida Links Advertise

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Durhamtown pics 2006  (Read 13454 times)
Chuck_Norris

« on: October 15, 2006, 09:53:31 PM »

This Year's trip to Durhamtown started out almost like last years. many complications left going on the trip inthe balance. I had to have the engine in the YFZ freshened up after the crash as the Thunderbowl created a few more broken pieces than expected. Literally the day we picked it up, it was loaded on the Trailer in preperation for this years trip. Well all the bad that preceeded the arrival to durhamtown was made up upon arrival. Can I say WOW!!! This years venture was far more superior than the mud bath of last year. It was great meeting new faces with screen names. Great to have met Paul_S and Company, The Scrub Brothers and their Crew, FL.Sportsman and his family. Also great to have seen others like Dreth,Matt, T2 and his son, Honda328i.
On to the events. We arrived Thursday evening, met up with Matt and Dreth and checked into our cabins. Unloaded the quads as T2 and Company arrived. A common thread was the over anticipation of riding the next day. As Friday Morning arrived 5:40am we were all restless and anxious to ride only restrained by the 8am starting rule. after breakfast we started to suit up for the trials.  Early in the the Ride venture the mini quad was giving us a bucket load of trouble, the throttle kept hanging up. finally resulting in  parking it. refused to start after that, more on that later...I have to give my Son Daniel the rookie of the year recognition. I went into this ride a little apprehensive with giving him the new 250EX and knowing that he is all or nothing when it comes to riding. with a set of 18's installed and a few pointers from Dreth we hit the ATV MX Track. The kid took to the track like a fish to water. You'll see the  pictures below. The kid out shined his old man, On the trails we were clipping along in the top of 3rd gear and into 4th. He was hanging right in there jumps and all. we made our way to MX4 the woods track, special thanks to FLSportsman for the ride on the LT-R, fabulous ride. on through the trails and into a few other MX tracks for more challenges. we returned to the cabin completely wiped out, Matt and myself ripped into the mini and tore it down to parade rest looking for answers to no avail. It stayed on the trailer the rest of the weekend.
As Morning crested for Saturday we were not so quick to rise and shine. A few soar muscles made getting out of bed a challenging..LOL
after breakfast it was a repeat of an already awsome time of riding. The Tracks and trails remained in good shape. we were greeted with a low of 39 degrees on Saturday night, The rest of the weekend I dont think temps exceeded 75 degrees. I suffered a pretty good set back with the YFZ while rolling through the trails. It seems that my slip on slipped off, actually the bracket holding it to the frame broke off. after a failed attempt to stitch it back in place with a wire coat hanger I obtained some safety wire that worked long enough for another trip to the ATV MX track for a fine farewell. alright well I can talk about how great this trip was but I will let the pictures say the rest. Enjoy  folks, hopefully we can have more partake next year.   

« Last Edit: October 15, 2006, 10:01:19 PM by Chuck_Norris » Logged
MuddFreak77
Supreme Member

I found out who my friends are

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: October 15, 2006, 10:10:16 PM »

I'm Jealous!!!!!!   Looks like y'all had a great time

Never argue with an Idiot. They drag you down to their level, and then beat you with experience!

'07 Suzuki King Quad
3k Warn Winch
GPS

2001 F-250 4X4 Diesel, 6 way hand
Paul_S
Supreme Member

FloridaMotoplex.com

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: October 15, 2006, 10:20:32 PM »

Hi Chuck, it was nice meeting you and your family. I am a little mad at T2 he has just about convinced me to get a YFZ (wife is going to kill me), but it was really great to meet him, the Scrub bros, Honda 328i and Fl sportsman - it was great meeting you.  Dreth - always a pleasure, please say hi to your friend Matt too and thanks to Mrs Dreth for the cookies. 

Don't have too many pictures but me and my nephew made this video of the trip.

Count me in already for next year.

Paul
dreth

« Reply #3 on: October 15, 2006, 10:26:17 PM »

sorry about your pipe chuck but it looks like the 250 never slowed down. the jumps were great, the trails were nice, and the air up there was beautiful! im planning on heading back up SOON! that mx5 track was a blast. im very sore to say the least, its been abut a year since i did that much jumping :box.gifi feel pretty beat up but its all muscle so it will go away.

Scrub Bros, i hope i didnt let you down as far as the riding lessons went Cheesy  Cool
Ryan561

Dont even try to keep up!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: October 15, 2006, 10:29:07 PM »

damn!!! can u send me some derections to that place... please

2005 trx 400ex       Pro Armor bumper
yoshi RS-3             Pro Armor killswich
jetted                   DG nerfs
K&N filter

2006 KX 250F
Its got everything
dreth

« Reply #5 on: October 15, 2006, 10:29:32 PM »

Hi Chuck, it was nice meeting you and your family. I am a little mad at T2 he has just about convinced me to get a YFZ (wife is going to kill me), but it was really great to meet him, the Scrub bros, Honda 328i and Fl sportsman - it was great meeting you.  Dreth - always a pleasure, please say hi to your friend Matt too and thanks to Mrs Dreth for the cookies. 

Don't have too many pictures but me and my nephew made this video of the trip.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VApG7FVJFxo

Count me in already for next year.

Paul

great video. see ya next weekend at jasper
SpringHill Riderz

« Reply #6 on: October 15, 2006, 10:37:44 PM »

Man I dont like cabins, they make me feel unsafe like they will collapse @ any minute.  Sweet trails though.
bigscrub79
Supreme Member

I'm a Florida Mud Rider!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: October 15, 2006, 11:16:17 PM »

Scrub Bros, i hope i didnt let you down as far as the riding lessons went Cheesy  Cool
Jessicas brother saw you on the track and after about 10 minutes he said " I aint following him, hes crazy"

I had such a great time. Nice riding with everyone or atleast watching some of yall ride. Chuck did you ever find out if it was the exhaust on the mini?

Chuck_Norris

« Reply #8 on: October 15, 2006, 11:26:16 PM »

Scrub Bros, i hope i didnt let you down as far as the riding lessons went Cheesy  Cool
Jessicas brother saw you on the track and after about 10 minutes he said " I aint following him, hes crazy"

I had such a great time. Nice riding with everyone or atleast watching some of yall ride. Chuck did you ever find out if it was the exhaust on the mini?

took it off when I unloaded it here at the house, and it is still not wanting to start. It is gonna take some time to figure out that I just didnt have up there wanting to ride. with fuel fire and compression there shouldnt me anthing preventing it from running. I'll keep you posted.

sorry about your pipe chuck but it looks like the 250 never slowed down. the jumps were great, the trails were nice, and the air up there was beautiful! im planning on heading back up SOON! that mx5 track was a blast. im very sore to say the least, its been abut a year since i did that much jumping :box.gifi feel pretty beat up but its all muscle so it will go away.

your right Daniel and the 250 shined bright. thanks for the use of the 18's we ended up buying FL Sportsmans  LT-R take offs to install on the 250.

damn!!! can u send me some derections to that place... please

http://www.durhamtown.com/
« Last Edit: October 16, 2006, 04:15:30 PM by Chuck_Norris » Logged
Honda328i
Supreme Member

I do my own stunts

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: October 16, 2006, 12:09:20 AM »

WOW, what an awesome weekend we had, I'm still grinning  Grin  (but man am I sore  Huh)  We couldn't have asked for better weather and my long awaited trip to DT finally came true.

Thanks to the Norris crew for getting all of us organized with the arrangemets, and thanks to T2 and Anthony for the ride & company up to DT.  Mrs. dreth, your cookies are outstanding!  Great to see everyone again (matt, flsportsman & fam., scrub bro's, and nice to meet you Paul_S. 

I have a few pix from a cheap camera to share, I'll try to get some more tomorrow.

[attachment deleted by admin]
« Last Edit: October 16, 2006, 12:49:31 AM by Honda328i » Logged

Honda328i
Supreme Member

I do my own stunts

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: October 16, 2006, 12:10:45 AM »

T2 and Anthony on MX3 track

Thrumud
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: October 16, 2006, 12:13:27 AM »

Beautiful pics !!! WOW !  I gotta go there !

Honda328i
Supreme Member

I do my own stunts

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: October 16, 2006, 12:17:39 AM »

Your's truly.  I think I spent more time OFF the ground this weekend than I have ever before, what a rush!!!  Grin

Honda328i
Supreme Member

I do my own stunts

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: October 16, 2006, 12:21:22 AM »

Missed all the trees  Wink

Honda328i
Supreme Member

I do my own stunts

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #14 on: October 16, 2006, 12:23:06 AM »

Chuck_Norris the persistent mechanic and FLsportsman & Daughter, T2, Dan.

« Last Edit: October 16, 2006, 12:26:13 AM by Honda328i » Logged

Honda328i
Supreme Member

I do my own stunts

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: October 16, 2006, 12:30:25 AM »

Daniel Norris on his new Honda, the next John Natalie !!!  Grin

Honda328i
Supreme Member

I do my own stunts

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: October 16, 2006, 12:31:57 AM »

Fox trot cabin....

Honda328i
Supreme Member

I do my own stunts

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: October 16, 2006, 12:33:34 AM »

Anthony

Honda328i
Supreme Member

I do my own stunts

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: October 16, 2006, 12:35:28 AM »

Anthony in action

Honda328i
Supreme Member

I do my own stunts

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: October 16, 2006, 12:37:55 AM »

My Buddy T2 rockin' on

T2
Supreme Member

It's Better To Be The Predator Than the Prey

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: October 16, 2006, 10:58:27 AM »

Man I dont think I could have had a much better time this year. The weather was great, the tracks were perfect, and meeting new faces. Let see the Scrub Brothers, Paul_S and his nephew. And than there is the old faces Chuck_Norris and family, Dreth, Matt, Flsportsman05 and family, and I think I'm going to rename Honda328I for SteveSaw, I thought the cabin was going to come down from the chainsaw that was coming from his mouth at night when everyone was alsleep. I forgot to bring a camera this time so I want to thank everyone else for taking pics and posting them.

I think Next years trip is even going to be better and BIGGER, or mabe sooner I dont think I can wait a whole year to go back.

BIGWORM3699 ( ECP RACING)
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #21 on: October 16, 2006, 11:43:42 AM »

Glad you all had a blast. Mrs. dreth and her cookies they seem to win everyone over we had some at thunder bowl and they were great.
 Chuck what happened to the mini? Bring it to work and we can get it ironed out. But Im sadden that jr couldnt partake on the fun with you all. The pics of daniel jumping were great time for mx for him.

East Coast Performance Mini Quad is your
Official Apex and DRR mini quad dealer, For your mini quad performance parts and tuning needs.
2013 polaris ranger camo
KINGQUAD, 29.5 outlaws,snorkled,rad. relocate, clutch mod.
APEX, stage6 RT 70, elka,mallosi overrange,PVL ign.
Honda328i
Supreme Member

I do my own stunts

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #22 on: October 16, 2006, 01:20:54 PM »

I think I'm going to rename Honda328I for SteveSaw, I thought the cabin was going to come down from the chainsaw that was coming from his mouth at night when everyone was alsleep.

I think Next years trip is even going to be better and BIGGER, or mabe sooner I dont think I can wait a whole year to go back.

That was not a chainsaw, that was an FMF silencer  Wink I slept Great dreaming about the MX track!!!   Sleepy Sleepy  What was y'alls problem?   Tongue Tongue

Sorry, guess I had too much GA dirt up my nose  Crap
« Last Edit: October 16, 2006, 03:49:09 PM by Honda328i » Logged

Qdawg76
Supreme Member

AKA FLblaster. AKA FLsportsman

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #23 on: October 16, 2006, 04:40:50 PM »

Great Pics, we had an absolute Blast there. It was great riding with everyone again and just hanging out at night. We didnt get many pics sonce we were too busy riding but I got a few. we are still a little sore, We will definately have to do this again. Just noticed My Suzuki took a hit to the bottom of the frame from a rock and left a pretty good size dent  Cry but other than that Everything was perfect, the only thing we could of asked for was more time to ride. I am all ready to ride some more, Were hitting Lorretta lynn's this weekend and were planning on a trip to Windrock in the spring.

05 ATP 330
08 Polaris RZR 800
06 Predator 90
07 Polaris Outlaw 525
Qdawg76
Supreme Member

AKA FLblaster. AKA FLsportsman

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #24 on: October 16, 2006, 04:42:47 PM »

Grin