Home ATV Florida Forum ATV Florida Where to Ride? ATV Florida Links Advertise

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Quad scramble #2 at Seminole LET'S GO WOODS RIDERS!  (Read 35863 times)
Albright335

GEICO Powersports

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #100 on: November 01, 2006, 01:17:19 PM »

Phil and I are looking forward to  this weekend... Wink

Please say Hi Smiley   Tongue

Jen

Thank You: GEICO, Lojaks Yamaha, MAXXIS, MSR, HMF, Rath Racing, HiPer, GT Thunder, FASST, BelRay, DP Brakes,Triple X Motorsports, PowerMadd, Precision, Spider Grips, CV4, MotoPro Training, Scott, IMS
tony pitts
Supreme Member

Life's short, ride hard.

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #101 on: November 01, 2006, 01:27:03 PM »

does anybody know if sunday the track will be open for regular practice. we are planning to stay all weekend so my son can practice the mx track.

TRX450R_Racer
Retired Racer
Supreme Member

**** Frank **** **FF&J Racing**

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #102 on: November 01, 2006, 02:14:00 PM »

Yes the track will be open on Sunday.

Member of South East Florida Trail Riders

Life's to short, wear a helmet.
Dress for the crash, not for the ride.
Ripped off by Brandon George.
digginfool
Supreme Member

Finally! ATVFlorida.com is here!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #103 on: November 01, 2006, 05:56:18 PM »

Well, I got blind-sided by the wife this afternoon.  After telling me all month her grandmother's party was Sunday, I found out it is Saturday at 3:00, just as I should have been starting my run.  I won't be racing but will be out in the morning for my son to race in Super PeeWee.  Since December 2 is already spoken for, I guess my next event will be one of the HS or QS4.  See you on the trail then. Cry

"Peace is that brief glorious moment in history when everybody stands around reloading". --Thomas Jefferson

"When plunder becomes a way of life for a group of men living together in society, they create for themselves ... a legal system that authorizes it and a moral code that glorifies it."
YFZ450-Tampa
Supreme Member

Pura Vida !!!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #104 on: November 01, 2006, 07:19:33 PM »

Hey men, bring them all, and have the party on the track, ooohhh yeeeaaaahhh, that way you can race and we all have a party  Rolling on the Floor Laughing

See everyone at the track !!!!

Luis 
                              Quad #29 
                                 XC
digginfool
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #105 on: November 02, 2006, 05:02:06 PM »

Whooooo-Wheee!!  You boys better have your mud gear ready for this one!!  It's been raining for nearly 24 hours down here and it's going to be WET!!  I'm not so sure I'm going to be too upset about missing this.  Luckily, I'll be out there long enough to watch some of the riders come in off the practice runs.  Should be amusing!   Grin

"Peace is that brief glorious moment in history when everybody stands around reloading". --Thomas Jefferson

"When plunder becomes a way of life for a group of men living together in society, they create for themselves ... a legal system that authorizes it and a moral code that glorifies it."
mudnuri
Supreme Member

06 YFZ

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #106 on: November 02, 2006, 06:28:02 PM »

Crap! I just cleaned mine!

Brian Morris
06 YFZ
FTR#108 SENIOR
Don't litter
Respect life
mud-n-ur-i
paul450

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #107 on: November 03, 2006, 11:40:22 AM »

wet= mud.......finally our first mud race of the year...WOOT!!!
svtbolt04
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #108 on: November 03, 2006, 01:26:23 PM »

If I dont break down or anything of that nature.. I usually do pretty well in mud races... Somthing about having that extra 20lbs to hustle me through the bogs.

823 for life!

Black wheels, plastics, some shiny chrome pieces. Left over dirt from last year, handle bars.
svtbolt04
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #109 on: November 04, 2006, 08:03:14 PM »

I broke first lap. I know I didnt end up in last though.. Some guy in my class went off into the canal.

TRX_racer , When I was helping you on the log... I now have enough dirt in my ears/hair to make a small sandcastle from the roost you threw at me. All good though.

I hate breaking. It is the worst ever. I havent completed a full race this year. My bike just isnt prepared in some areas I guess.

823 for life!

Black wheels, plastics, some shiny chrome pieces. Left over dirt from last year, handle bars.
paul450

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #110 on: November 04, 2006, 08:19:44 PM »

Bad holeshot 2nd to last got to 10th at the beginning of the 2nd lap and then hit a tree and bent left tie-rod.Sad  limped back to to the finish line,  want to say sorry for everyone that I held up while I was putting back and getting stuck  everywhere,  but I sure wasn't going to wait till the end of the race for someone to tow me back in the dark...   I saw TWO bikes in the Canals..  all and all was a good  track.  tight but FAST....
TRX450R_Racer
Retired Racer
Supreme Member

**** Frank **** **FF&J Racing**

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #111 on: November 04, 2006, 10:58:42 PM »

SVT Thanks for the help.

I clipped a tree and went over the bars on the first lap. It bent the left tie rod and snapped the end off of my PEP stabilizer. That's 2 weeks in a row that has happened. I guess it's time to ge a Precision.

The course was fun. It had some of everything.

Member of South East Florida Trail Riders

Life's to short, wear a helmet.
Dress for the crash, not for the ride.
Ripped off by Brandon George.
Chillinthemost
Supreme Member

Git it rag

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #112 on: November 04, 2006, 11:41:42 PM »

It was a fun day. I finished 3rd. and I feel like I got hit by a truck. I've got to find the time to practice more, I slow down too much at the end.
« Last Edit: November 05, 2006, 09:01:07 AM by Chillinthemost » Logged

YFZ  FTR B-Open  #12
Chillin Jr. FTR Super Pee A #12
mudnuri
Supreme Member

06 YFZ

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #113 on: November 04, 2006, 11:43:51 PM »

I commited a sin and payed for it.
Instead of using the practice lap as intended, (to give us a chance to see what the course is like) I was going too fast for a turn. I went into the turn with the expectation of passing a C rider. Well I ran out of talent and my machine hooked up and flipped over. I pushed off and ejected myself so my quad would not land on me. My shoulder guard on my chest protector must have hit the ground first and in such a way that when I came down it jammed into my right shoulder. Seminole took me out almost 2 years ago. Broke my right collar bone and some nerve damage to my left leg. So I am on the ground thinking "Great. Here we go again."
This is where the members of FTR shine. THANK YOU TO EVERYONE WHO STOPPED! I think it was Jimmy Benton who was there right away. I rememer seeing Luis, but I was seeing stars and didn't want to let on taht I was injured. Between them and everyone else who stopped, they helped me up and righted my quad. They showed me my steering stem was bent and so were the handle bars. I rented a helmet cam, but didn't have it hooked up for practice, so no good crash caught on tape Sad hehehe-that was the second thing Jimmy asked!
I had the paramedics check to see if my collar bone was broken. They said they didn't think so, but I should get an x-ray.
So after the race I went to the hospital (what a nightmare) and had an x-ray taken. Sure as heck, a hairline fracture in my shoulder. I knew something had to be broken. Everytime I hit the throttle the machine the reaction was not fun for the craked bone.
I asked the announcer during the riders meeting to ask if anyone had an extra stem. He put the word out over the loud speaker and Tony Pitts spoke up. THANK YOU TONY!!
I swapped it out and lined up. In my hurriedness, I didn't hit the record button as I was supposed to, so nothing I can share from that point of view. Sorry, PAUL!#8VET
FTR members are the BEST!
p.s. On the flip side, about the guy in the canal. When I came on that scene I first saw the belly of the machine. Then I saw two heads sticking out of the water struggling to hold it up. The rider did not appear to be hurt, but I stopped to at least try to help. My shoulder screamed when I tried to pull it up the bank. A senior rider came up and my quad was blocking the trail and he had the nerve to scream at me. Nice. Thanks for helping out whoever you are. I know that piece of wood that you were not going to get because you were so far back from your class is SOOOO important to you. More important than helping out in a bad situation. You are a real class act. I know he is not the only one who just rode right on by. How sad.
« Last Edit: November 04, 2006, 11:50:29 PM by mudnuri » Logged

Brian Morris
06 YFZ
FTR#108 SENIOR
Don't litter
Respect life
mud-n-ur-i
digginfool
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #114 on: November 05, 2006, 09:07:39 AM »

Sorry to hear about your injury, Mud.  Wasn't a good day for us, either.  During the PeeWee practice, my son was going through the puddles instead of around them.  The Outerwears on his air cleaner apparently was a little loose and ended up scooping up large quantities of muddy water.  His machine stopped and while trying to get it going again, I pulled the plug to find it soaked in muddy water.  Not good.  Towed him back, loaded the bike back on the trailer and drove the 60 miles back home.  Wasn't worth getting up at 5 AM for.  Guess we'll see you guys in January.

Chillinthemost
Supreme Member

Git it rag

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #115 on: November 05, 2006, 09:17:31 AM »

Sorry to hear that Diggin. I had the same problem with my sons bike. He got a good start in pee wee B and then the water got him. His bike was running like crap and stalled a bunch of times. He wound up with 4th and a little more experience.

YFZ  FTR B-Open  #12
Chillin Jr. FTR Super Pee A #12
mudnuri
Supreme Member

06 YFZ

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #116 on: November 05, 2006, 09:59:04 AM »

diggin' read chillin's post and that is what you should say. Chalk it up to an expensive lesson.  Nerd I know the feeling of being bummed out on making a long haul (which your was not) and having mechanical trouble. I bet your son feels it was GREAT! Just learn from it, practice with your child and be prepared. And don't go too fast approaching a turn during practice! hehehe
I have holeshot vids of the 3:30 classes. I will post them later. Right now I need to get some ice  Cry
I met a bunch more new people that are on here. and no my last name is not Mudnuri It is Mud-n-ur-i  unless you wear these  Cool

Brian Morris
06 YFZ
FTR#108 SENIOR
Don't litter
Respect life
mud-n-ur-i
YFZ450-Tampa
Supreme Member

Pura Vida !!!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #117 on: November 05, 2006, 09:59:59 AM »

It was a really nice race out there, nice "combo" "MX" "SX" "XC" and wide open and yes some whoops, it was an asome track, may be one of the best I've been on, great job and thank's to all that people that made it possible for us.

Hey Brian, I was like 50 feet behind you when your quad decide to kick you out and Jimy was just behind me, you where on your feet by the time we stop and you didn't look hurt bad, hope you get better soon.

I was second to the last at the holeshot (out of 20 riders) made my way to the middle of the pack on the "SX" track and then on the tight woods everyone got stuck, I pass a lot of people but a lot more pass me hehehe, I saw Kevin Cook all wet, just getting out of the water, yep his quad looked more like a Jetski at that moment, but he had a big smile at his face, o well he was OK.

Neal MacGrath won his class and put out a nice race, he did a great job getting his "MX" quad trough those tigh woods, and we all know how fast he is when it come to jump. Great job boy, hope to see you on more of this "QS" races

Hey Matt, great job out there those guys Chris (1rst) and Jason (2nd) are just flying, they are riding really good, it just let us to work out a lot more to get a lil closer hehehe.

I had a great time and it was really good to see that many quads, not sure how many we had but I think we had a better turn out then the first, let keep it on the way up.

Luis 
                              Quad #29 
                                 XC
Toomey
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #118 on: November 05, 2006, 12:08:30 PM »

I went to watch Rad700 race, and now I've got the bug to try one of these races out for myself on my dirt bike.  There's one coming in January for me.  But as for Rad700, all he had to say after the race (and before throwing up his gatorade) was, "That was intense."  I think he did a good job anyways completeing the entire race.  A bunch of people dropped out on the second and third laps.  And I saw you TRX450R_Racer (Frank), as you took off on your race, your bike is easy to pick out of a crowd.  I had a lot of fun just watching, and now I've got the bug to enter a race.

Looking for a junker dirt bike project.
digginfool
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #119 on: November 05, 2006, 05:55:39 PM »

Well, I didn't really intend to come off so harsh but to drive 60 miles and watch my son get three practice laps before breaking was a bit of a downer.  We were both very disappointed.  Unfortunately, his quad just isn't designed to be run through water (there is no airbox - carb is out in the open and only the Outerwears is there to block any water) and it would have been difficult for him to stay completely out of it on the kids track.  He was really excited for this race because he had a brand new set of Elka's on his quad.  The stock shocks were stiff enough for me to ride it and the Elka's had given him a lot of confidence in practice.  Just like Chillin's son, Austin is now a little wiser and really chompin' at the bit for the next race.

RAD 450r
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #120 on: November 05, 2006, 06:34:09 PM »

Hey everyone, I gotta say, that for my first race, That was probably the most fun Ive ever had.  Let's see, some words to describe it were Fun, Intesne, Exhausting, Exhilirating and awesome.  The practice lap was fun and I knew this was going to be good.  My first lap I had the bug to ride hard and ignore everyone that told me to go at your own pace and take it easy  Bang Head.  I got pretty tired quick but took my own pace soon enough too keep going and finish, the second lap is when the fatigue factor started setting in but with determination and adrenaline I just kept going. Third and Fourth were not as bad but still pretty brutal. When I finished I fealt like I just climbed mount everest or something. A fealing of self confidence was certanitly there.  Got back to the truck and just sat down and sipped on some ice cold gatorade Drink.  Started taking my stuff off and out of nowhere I just hurled lol.  A wise man once said  "If youve never thorwn up after a workout then youve never worked out."  Doing that race just wants me to work even harder,stonger and smarter to become that best that I could be. Also just wanted to thank everyone that was ever helped me or any information that had to do with this race. Thanks!

P.S. Does anyone know when there going to post the pictures?Huh?

XC FTR #28C
-KFX450R, Hipers
- Silver L
dnigels

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #121 on: November 05, 2006, 07:20:51 PM »

Of you projectile vomiting?  I'll pass!

'06 Yamaha 350 Wolverine
'06 Yamaha PW80
'07 Chevy Silverado 1500 Ext.cab
RAD 450r
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #122 on: November 05, 2006, 07:47:42 PM »

HAHA  Laugh Laugh Laugh Laugh, Your funny

Yeah that little canal in one of those turns was deadly lol I saw a guy about halfway into a canal, Asked if he needed help, He said it would be quicker, So I helped out and got back on the track real quick. Nothing big. Thats another cool thing about the race, Nice people help you out when your in trouble, Pull over for slower riders ( That was me ) lol and everything else.
« Last Edit: November 05, 2006, 08:00:01 PM by RAD 700r » Logged

XC FTR #28C
-KFX450R, Hipers
- Silver L
jeremy retzsch

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #123 on: November 05, 2006, 07:50:30 PM »

does anyone have pics??

1998 RM125
-Bills thunder pipe
-Boysen reeds
-Works Connection frame guards
-Carbon fiber clutch cover
-Pro Taper fatty bars
-Race Tech suspension
-Twin Air airfilter
-Fx gripper seat cover
-Steel braded brake and clutch lines
-vortex sprocket and chain
-tusk aluminum shifter
-EBC hd clutch springs
YFZ450-Tampa
Supreme Member

Pura Vida !!!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #124 on: November 05, 2006, 07:57:44 PM »

I've seen some on www.floridaquadriders.com a lot of kids and some of the mornig races

Luis 
                              Quad #29 
                                 XC
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Other Florida sites of interest: www.PinballShark.com