Home ATV Florida Forum ATV Florida Where to Ride? ATV Florida Links Advertise

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Jasper, FL SFTL Points Race #4 10/21  (Read 16748 times)
HillKiller
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« on: October 08, 2006, 11:48:24 PM »

www.crossroadsmotorplex.com

Just a reminder for everyone, the 4th points race of the series is Oct 21 at 7pm at CrossRoadsMotorplex in Jasper, Fl.   There may be an issue or a few issues that league members will be asked to vote on so do not miss the drivers meeting.

Last race at Jasper I believe we had 27 entries. The track owner was very impressed. In an effort to give him a head count, if you are going please send me a PM and let me know. Also the track owner is a dealer for American Racers and Hoosiers, if interested call the track and ask for Wade.

For anyone wanting to stay overnight, there is plenty of room to camp and showers with hot water...all free, but no hookups.

If anyone didn't hear, the league membership has grown again. Four new members have joined Grin.

Lastly, we are debating locations for the end of series awards banquet. Ocala seems to be the most central location for all members. Do any of you have a specific location of where you would like to have the banquet? Before you make your suggestion, typically banquets are held in a restaurant because they don't charge to use their room when we are ordering meals. This saves the league money and helps us to prepare for the next series in January. It also is a comfortable environment unaffected by weather. Send me your ideas in a PM please.

« Last Edit: October 18, 2006, 09:16:37 AM by HillKiller » Logged

www.SouthernDirtTrackAssociation.Com

Special thanks to my sponsor:
WareRacing Engines

Sunoco Race Fuel Distributor
5 gal pails 110,112,116
See me at the track or email me here
1fastltr450
Supreme Member

Super Fast Racer

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: October 09, 2006, 09:43:17 AM »

My idea would be a community building. I am sure Ocala has one. The banquet for Sand Mountain was done in a community building and everyone paid $5 to come eat and get their trophies (they had someone singing as well). In our case maybe the racers (members) could be free and family/friends (non-members) could be $5.

Our 4-H banquets were always done in the community building in Groveland. They have a stage, tables, chairs, and a kitchen. We fit a few hundred people in the building. The 4-H club would provide the meat and paper goods and then each family would bring a covered dish or 2 and/or drinks.

If we did it at a restaurant I think it could get pricey. People have already paid membership fees and raced at varies locations and now they would have to pay for their families meals at a restaurant too. 

*And we're going to Jasper.

2007 Maximum TT Series Open class Champion

AMA 2007 Winter National Short Track Series Open Class Winner

Hair color helps you win.

www.SouthernFlatTrackLeague.Com

Thanks to my sponsors:
 Krome n Kustomz (K & K Motorsports)
 Mystic Motorsports  (Their only 4-poke)
Hoosier Daddy
Southern Flat Track League
Supreme Member

Team WareRacing Member #07

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: October 09, 2006, 10:02:31 AM »

Pricey? dont you go to Dennys after every race?  Wink As you and I have discussed before, everyone is responable for thier own meals. Plus keeping track of who paid what and whos there that didnt pay and is eating "for free" is a huge task to add to my already huge task of the banquet not to mention the league. But, your idea is welcomed and noted...
« Last Edit: October 09, 2006, 10:08:33 AM by Hoosier Daddy » Logged

BLISS Feed, Hay, and Race Fuels Zephyrhills, Fl
"Character is what you have when no one is looking"
1fastltr450
Supreme Member

Super Fast Racer

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: October 09, 2006, 10:09:33 AM »

I thought this post asked for opinions/suggestions to be voted on not to be shot down.

Again as I have mentioned before...I would like to see a treasurers report since everytime I mention something there never seems to be enough money for it. 

If the problem is time for such a task they why don't we see if someone else could be charge of this task so that its not all on you and Dave's plate.

Thanks to my sponsors:
1fastltr450
Supreme Member

Super Fast Racer

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: October 09, 2006, 10:15:04 AM »

I can't remember what we had to eat at the Sand Mountain banquet but I think it was BBQ chicken with like beans and coleslaw. At the 4-H banquet we always have BBQ Pork. The dads in the club cook it...so it's not very expensive at all.

Thanks to my sponsors:
Hoosier Daddy
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: October 09, 2006, 10:28:17 AM »

WOW! didnt expect that, now I see this is Liz not Gary...think on getting your own screen name its confusing. The banquet wasnt part of the voting option, the LCQ is. I think dave used the word "suggestion" not "vote". The problem with asking people for help or ideas is if you dont use them people get upset. And I think you just proved that for me. GARY is free to come over anytime if Gary wants to see the books, as he is a league member then you will see im not ripping you off "GARYS" 25.00 and if you have ANY doubt i am, Gary is free to get a refund and drop out of the league. I know you think we have all this money but the whole idea is to try and trophy everyone something.. thats doesnt leave much left, if at all anything for next year..keep in mind I fronted a few hundred dollars that I "donated" to the league... has anyone else?

« Last Edit: October 09, 2006, 10:44:40 AM by Hoosier Daddy » Logged

1fastltr450
Supreme Member

Super Fast Racer

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: October 09, 2006, 10:49:12 AM »

I too didn't expect you just to shoot it down wihtout even considering it. The reason I am suggesting what I am is because I have seen this first hand these types of problems go wrong in other clubs and organizations I have been involved with. I have seen them crumble (3 of them in fact) because of money troubles. I didn't want that to happen here which is why I am suggesting that everything should be out in the open. Nothing to hide.

I have been to banquets at restaurants where they were expecting us to be done in an hour and hovering us waiting for us to leave. Just didn't make for a great night. Which is why I suggested a community building. And you're right its just $25 but if you are a family with several racers who have to travel to every race it adds up which is why I thought a restaurant could get pricey. Some people have to travel hours just to get to Ocala.

And by the way if a vote is taken then no feelings should end up being hurt because you know thats what the majority of people wanted. Thats why all along I pushed for some type of meeting where a vote could be taken. Maybe this could also be a voted issue since it does affect all the league members.

I am not trying to get on your case just giving you a different point of view.

You had to have known it was me since there was punctuation!

Thanks to my sponsors:
Hoosier Daddy
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: October 09, 2006, 11:02:24 AM »

Liz, it was considered, Gary has brought this up to me twice already, and both times he was answered..
I think you know Dave and I have enough financial backing to keep this league going if there were "money troubles" and I know your mom was ripped off by 4-H but,I think those troubles were do to dishonest people... right? Since you have been to my home and you and Gary and Gina and I have taken trips together I would think you would have no doubt about my integirty. 

To answer you question.  No, I will not read the book in a drivers meeting or in a public arena as it is for members information only. But, if a member wants to see the books I dont have a problem with that.
Keep in mind this is the first season, we dont have any idea on what our total cost will be, but we cant blow it all because we need a reserve for next season. Maybe next season we can just place the top 3 on every class and spend the rest on food? But for this season I cant be paying for 40 peoples meals, gifts, and trophys. trust me, as im sure you can tell i like free food  Wink.... but we just cant do it this time around..

Oh and i knew it was you because there was no run on sentences..  LOL... (sorry Gary just pickin')
and Im not mad or upset at you, please dont think that. After all, text doesnt relay emotion very well.
And your screen name should be "GaryBOSS"... Man, thatsa pride buster huh?  Grin
« Last Edit: October 09, 2006, 11:13:29 AM by Hoosier Daddy » Logged

Scott270r

Mystic Motorsports #5

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: October 09, 2006, 11:15:30 AM »

I'm good with whatever everyone decides. I am not opposed to pitching in extra money for a catering of BBQ/meal at a central community building, and I would want to be able to hang out for as long as everyone wants to and not feel rushed.

Gary and Liz,

If you have something in mind P.M. me and let me know, I could throw down some extra cash if need be, I would really like to help make this first Banquet something special, because this is a special group of guys we race with.

* I will be at Jasper too.
« Last Edit: October 09, 2006, 11:56:23 AM by Scott270r » Logged

1998 GFTL Open Pro Champion
2006 SFTL Open Class Champion

......Thanks Derek

Mystic Motorsports - 3 Time Champions....Congratulations Derek on a great 2010 season!!!

http://i114.photobucket.com/albums/n270/scott270r/Race_Mystic.jpg
SkyHighT100
Supreme Member

Enough Bullsh*t... LETS RIDE!

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: October 09, 2006, 11:24:52 AM »

Goodness, things can get so heated over nothing... chill out. As for the whole where to have the banquet thing, I agree that having it at a restraunt would be the most cost effective on the SFTL as a whole. Most of the people who regularly make it out to Ocala stop at restraunts on the way home as it is... so the issue of paying for a meal really shouldn't even be an issue. Or if it is, just don't go out to dinner the week before and save a few more dollars  Tongue Plus, when organizations cater in food it's a lot harder to get something that everyone is going to like without ordering in a ton of different things, in turn spending way more on food then needed. At least at a restraunt people can choose exactly what they want and that would be the end of it. The idea of everyone bringing a covered dish to the banquet (if it was held in a hall) is good... if everyone who was coming was local, but they're not so it is not really effective either IMO. A lot of people (even the more local ones) are still having to drive 2-4 hours just to make it to the central location of Ocala... what food would really still be "good" after 4 hours sitting in a car? And who is really going to want to worry about toting food, making sure it's still edible when it arrives, heating it, washing the dishes, and being sure everyone takes home what they came with? Just some stuff to think about.

The true measure of a man is how high he bounces after hitting the bottom

Proud owner of an '06 LTR and a '00 300EX... both have too many mods to list Smiley

http://www.myspace.com/humrz28
Quad32x
Supreme Member

Work My Sausage !

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: October 09, 2006, 11:50:05 AM »

Do we get free beer ? Drink Laugh

[attachment deleted by admin]

Team LFG , Local Fat Guys.
Mystic Motorsports Vet Class Rider #32
SkyHighT100
Supreme Member

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: October 09, 2006, 11:59:06 AM »

That would for sure put SFTL in the hole... supplying you alone they'd have to go take out a loan.. not to mention for the rest of us Wink

Proud owner of an '06 LTR and a '00 300EX... both have too many mods to list Smiley

Hoosier Daddy
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: October 09, 2006, 12:04:01 PM »

Tim, NO.   Grin

Sky, No one is heated, thats what i hate about text.... Grin

SkyHighT100
Supreme Member

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: October 09, 2006, 12:09:50 PM »

Ya... always makes it interresting how things can get lost when it comes to text

Hoosier Daddy
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #14 on: October 09, 2006, 12:11:41 PM »

Ya... always makes it interresting how things can get lost when it comes to text

Plus she knows who the boss is!  Wink  First Place

Quad32x
Supreme Member

Work My Sausage !

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: October 09, 2006, 12:18:00 PM »

No beer huh. Somebodys gettin whooped over this ! Wink

Hoosier Daddy
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: October 09, 2006, 12:18:48 PM »

It was ALL daves idea..  Wink
« Last Edit: October 09, 2006, 01:47:59 PM by Hoosier Daddy » Logged

Quad32x
Supreme Member

Work My Sausage !

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: October 09, 2006, 01:46:38 PM »

I was ALL daves idea..  Wink
That figures. Dang that evil brother of yours ! Dave is the Devil ! Evil

BIGWORM3699 ( ECP RACING)
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: October 09, 2006, 02:22:39 PM »

I think the restaurant idea is the best that way you can order what you want. I know you guys will look out for the best intrest of the league.

East Coast Performance Mini Quad is your
Official Apex and DRR mini quad dealer, For your mini quad performance parts and tuning needs.
2013 polaris ranger camo
KINGQUAD, 29.5 outlaws,snorkled,rad. relocate, clutch mod.
APEX, stage6 RT 70, elka,mallosi overrange,PVL ign.
HillKiller
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: October 09, 2006, 04:02:18 PM »

My idea would be a community building. I am sure Ocala has one. The banquet for Sand Mountain was done in a community building and everyone paid $5 to come eat and get their trophies (they had someone singing as well). In our case maybe the racers (members) could be free and family/friends (non-members) could be $5.

Our 4-H banquets were always done in the community building in Groveland. They have a stage, tables, chairs, and a kitchen. We fit a few hundred people in the building. The 4-H club would provide the meat and paper goods and then each family would bring a covered dish or 2 and/or drinks.

If we did it at a restaurant I think it could get pricey. People have already paid membership fees and raced at varies locations and now they would have to pay for their families meals at a restaurant too. 

*And we're going to Jasper.

Hey Liz,
 Thanks for your input. I was really just looking for opinions on a location, not so much how to do the banquet. As of now we are carefully watching expenses and as Chris said we have to plan ahead for the next series. There may be changes coming with organization but that will be addressed later. As of now we are spending alot more time trying to get the rules nailed down and consistent from week to week but lately it has proved to be difficult. We have a plan for the banquet in place that should suit everyone but if we come across something better it is possible to make changes. I have the red carpet rolled out for suggestions and I have received several PM's but I can't use them all and some would be impossible unless we charged everyone an admission fee which we will not do. When I said restaurant, I didn't mean Burns's Steakhouse at 25 bucks a plate, but more like Golden Corral or Denny's or Cracker Barrel where they have a private room with doors, the food is affordable, and we get waited on. Like you I too have been involved with social clubs all my life...Brandon Eagles MC Club, Custom Vans LTD., Tampa Bay Buggy Club, Florida Comancheros, 4-H, Oak Hill Saddle Club, Mini Madness Inc., and now the SFTL. In some of them I served in an officer role, organized Poker Runs, Scavenger Hunts, Road Rallys, Truck Shows, Banquets, and whatever else that needed to be done. At this time I will say the Banquet will be in Ocala at 7pm on Dec 9 and everyone should be happy with the result. Chris will get it posted when he gets a chance. Right now the key word is conservative not lavish. For the next banquet I think a catered hall or similar would be cool (esp. if Gary's cooks BBQ Grin) but we want to get through this first series with a surplus at the end and look for bigger in the next series that start in January.
                      Thanks,
                               Dave

www.SouthernDirtTrackAssociation.Com

Special thanks to my sponsor:
WareRacing Engines

Sunoco Race Fuel Distributor
5 gal pails 110,112,116
See me at the track or email me here
dreth

« Reply #20 on: October 09, 2006, 08:17:55 PM »

well i drive the farthest to get to these races so i think we should have the banq. at my house and i will supply the burgers and dogs on the grill with some baked beans and cole slaw. my dad and mom will cook everything and we can rent a few tables and chairs and stay as long as we want Wink

if you dont like that idea then im game for anything Cool

i will be at jasper too
1fastltr450
Supreme Member

Super Fast Racer

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #21 on: October 09, 2006, 09:22:58 PM »

He!! this sounds as good as Denny's...actually better. lol
« Last Edit: October 09, 2006, 09:25:26 PM by 1fastltr450 » Logged

Thanks to my sponsors:
flagmanthunderbowl

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #22 on: October 09, 2006, 10:04:18 PM »

why not ask brady to open the track for a big bbq and some fun racing maybe a little money show between some of the talkers?Huh im sure the boss would like for all to save money and no offence to jasper but it all got started in ocala.... just a thought?
Hoosier Daddy
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #23 on: October 09, 2006, 10:15:42 PM »

Brady and I have already talked about that.
It wont be at T bowl, were looking for an inside, sit down kind of event. No racing involved. Plus, I really dont want to be screaming over carts,sprints,quads, ETC as were tring to hand out trophies.
What are you talking about Jasper? i think you misread something... were having a meeting over rule issues at jasper nothing else. Oh and Ocala is a great track, but the Flat Track racing started in Dade City 2 years before any of us came to Ocala  Wink.  I went to ocala a few years ago and talked to a long haired carney worker that ran the track, he had 2 quads that would come out and race. No offence but because of this very forum with me, Dave, Doug, & Gary promoting the heck out of this, is honestly why you see the turn out it has now. 99% of the people who race flat track are members of atvflorida.com or friends of. No offense to Brady I know he has worked hard to get the track going again, but give credit where credit is due.
« Last Edit: October 09, 2006, 10:34:19 PM by Hoosier Daddy » Logged

dreth

« Reply #24 on: October 09, 2006, 10:47:51 PM »

so your saying that my house is not high class enough Rolling on the Floor Laughing
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Other Florida sites of interest: www.PinballShark.com