Home ATV Florida Forum ATV Florida Where to Ride? ATV Florida Links Advertise

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Poll
Question: Where would you like to see an OHV park open ?
St Lucie Area
Palm Beach Area
Broward Area
Miami Area
Naples Area

Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Need members input ! Please read ! Riding area  (Read 19817 times)
mikeE36
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #25 on: October 03, 2006, 11:22:12 PM »

Manatee county wasn't listed, but that is my vote.

same
qt314nfla

« Reply #26 on: October 03, 2006, 11:24:10 PM »

Manatee county wasn't listed, but that is my vote.

same
Third
boneman

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #27 on: October 04, 2006, 02:00:38 PM »

It only makes sense to go to Glades County or Hendry county. Still basically untouched and can be there in an hour from either coast. Land is way cheaper than by the coast. You may have to dodge alligators though.
raca65

Finally, ATVFlorida.com is here!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #28 on: October 04, 2006, 02:07:08 PM »

What about Martin County in between we have alot of property out west the state already owns like Dubois Park off SR 76 or the big ranch out off 714 by Underhills place these property have no use now except horse riding, hiking ,and hunting with special permits plus like i said its in between the 2 most popular votes right now.
taterstots81

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #29 on: October 04, 2006, 02:36:29 PM »

I live in Broward so i would like to see one in broward but PBC would be ok too.  really as long as i have a place to ride with out the cops bothering me and having to wait for the various mudfests

2006 Green Arctic Cat 650 V2
28" Outlaws
K & N filter
Self-made, self-installed snorkels
Dyno Jet Kit
H2O temp gauge
Mega Pipe Exhaust
3.0 Hummer Wench
backwoods boy
Supreme Member

REBEL MOTORSPORTS

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #30 on: October 04, 2006, 03:06:18 PM »

somewhere between cocoa orlando n melbourne[brevard county] theres nowhere in brevard or even close to brevard besides holopaw n land out there gettin steep or what about the compound in palm bay

NObama08 '' nigga please its the WHITE house''
LIVE FAST-PLAY HARD-DIE LAUGHING
Thrumud
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #31 on: October 04, 2006, 03:53:47 PM »

What about Martin County in between we have alot of property out west the state already owns like Dubois Park off SR 76 or the big ranch out off 714 by Underhills place these property have no use now except horse riding, hiking ,and hunting with special permits plus like i said its in between the 2 most popular votes right now.

Martin County is the MOST strict county in the state. But never say never.  Search for County land.

Thrumud
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #32 on: October 04, 2006, 04:01:40 PM »

It only makes sense to go to Glades County or Hendry county. Still basically untouched and can be there in an hour from either coast. Land is way cheaper than by the coast. You may have to dodge alligators though.

Most of Hendry & Glades is agricultural owned by farmers, meaning private land owners. I’m not saying there is no public land but I’ll do a search. Good one thanks.

Thrumud
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #33 on: October 04, 2006, 04:10:29 PM »

I live in Broward so i would like to see one in broward but PBC would be ok too.  really as long as i have a place to ride with out the cops bothering me and having to wait for the various mudfests

Broward has run out of land to build on, I don't think they will reserve a place for us to ride.

Fox17
Supreme Member

Go Gators!!

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #34 on: October 04, 2006, 04:14:10 PM »

brevard would be great if you need county cooperation. half the people in brevard ride. especially in canaveral groves/cocoa/psj/titusville/mims/scottsmore area. down south there are less but......... im all for brevard county. ill be at every meeting and all that.
Thrumud
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #35 on: October 04, 2006, 04:18:05 PM »

somewhere between cocoa orlando n melbourne[brevard county] theres nowhere in brevard or even close to brevard besides holopaw n land out there gettin steep or what about the compound in palm bay

I am not familiar with those counties but if you provide me the entire county own land I will have someone research it.  I will also mention these areas at the Ocala meeting but I need maps, locations etc.

Fox17
Supreme Member

Go Gators!!

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #36 on: October 04, 2006, 04:19:34 PM »

brevard county is on the east coast directly east of orlando. how would we get the info you need?
Thrumud
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #37 on: October 04, 2006, 04:21:14 PM »

brevard would be great if you need county cooperation. half the people in brevard ride. especially in canaveral groves/cocoa/psj/titusville/mims/scottsmore area. down south there are less but......... im all for brevard county. ill be at every meeting and all that.

Do some research on county land and bring it all to the meeting in Ocala. I will back you up.

Fox17
Supreme Member

Go Gators!!

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #38 on: October 04, 2006, 04:27:03 PM »

i tried google and couldnt find anything!!!! Cry Angry
Thrumud
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #39 on: October 04, 2006, 04:28:15 PM »

brevard county is on the east coast directly east of orlando. how would we get the info you need?

Go to your county's zoning department, ask one of the officials for a future land use map ( it may cost around 15 bucks ). The map will identify current land use, you can also go to your county's "property appraisers web site" and identify if the land is public or private.  Do a Google search type  "Brevard County property appraisers" or "Brevard County GIS"  

Thrumud
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #40 on: October 04, 2006, 04:29:34 PM »

let me try and I will post the link. Give me a few minutes.

Thrumud
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #41 on: October 04, 2006, 04:32:48 PM »

i tried google and couldnt find anything!!!! Cry Angry

http://www.brevardpropertyappraiser.com/  THEN - Click "Maps Search" THEN accept the terms, zoom in about two times and check off "Aerial"  Fiddle with it.
« Last Edit: October 04, 2006, 04:43:13 PM by Thrumud » Logged

raca65

Finally, ATVFlorida.com is here!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #42 on: October 05, 2006, 08:36:26 AM »

Martin County does suck but i just told you of 2 places the state owns its public land not county isn't that what your looking for?? And both are 1000's of acres.
MuddyGirlatTheHump

Dirty Pretty Things!

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #43 on: October 05, 2006, 08:50:49 AM »

Realisticly I would like to see an OHV park in all the listed areas. Having many parks will creat an income for the surounding town. Riders will want to visit the different parks.

cheropride
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #44 on: October 05, 2006, 09:05:17 AM »

Broward has run out of land to build on, I don't think they will reserve a place for us to ride.
[/quote]

I live in Broward as well, and ditto to the above.  I think Palm Beach would be good for a few reasons; 1) location, it's really not that far of a drive for Dade and/or Broward, and not bad for people just north of the Palm Beach.  2) A lot more land in PB than Broward  3) Just like Palm Beach!!!! Wink

Kawi-360 4WD/Camo
Honda 400
Polaris Ranger 700XP
WPBSMOKA

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #45 on: October 05, 2006, 01:03:04 PM »

I live in Broward as well, and ditto to the above.  I think Palm Beach would be good for a few reasons; 1) location, it's really not that far of a drive for Dade and/or Broward, and not bad for people just north of the Palm Beach.  2) A lot more land in PB than Broward  3) Just like Palm Beach!!!! Wink
[/quote]

Way to be a team player Grin

'04 400ex, frequently bent handlebars, bent bumper, torn seat, rusty chain and some abused plastics

Thrumud
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #46 on: October 05, 2006, 01:38:00 PM »

Martin County does suck but i just told you of 2 places the state owns its public land not county isn't that what your looking for?? And both are 1000's of acres.

Is there any way you can map the area and e-mail it to me, I will have the committee look into it.
dennis@paramountfl.com

UncleRico
Supreme Member

"Crazy, Insane?"

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #47 on: October 05, 2006, 02:02:55 PM »

I'm gonna go with "D", all of the above.

UNLUCKY #13 RACING  "I want to thank my sponsors, Jack Cass Bail Bonds, The Cleveland Steamer Carpet Cleaner Company, The Rusty Trombone Pub, and Dirty Sanchez's Liquor and Check Cashing."
Thrumud
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #48 on: October 05, 2006, 05:32:41 PM »

Realisticly I would like to see an OHV park in all the listed areas. Having many parks will creat an income for the surounding town. Riders will want to visit the different parks.

Well as you know, that is the committee's goal.  This is not an over night process, this will take a few years. The time to start is NOW before real estate prices start to rise and developers continue to buy land all over Florida.

dnigels

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #49 on: October 06, 2006, 11:41:19 AM »

At our last meeting, John Waldron from the Department of Forestry advised all of us to do our part by searching for potential land around Florida for an ATV park. Try to identify land that is state, county, or city owned. There are two ways to do this, one is to go to your county’s zoning department and ask for a “future land use map”. This map will identify areas that are residential, commercial, industrial and agricultural.  What to look for … Try to identify open land away from residential areas and protected areas. These maps will also identify county land; this is the land to look for. The other way is to use a county's GIS system, but this can become complicated for some. The OHV committee can only assist us on public land not private. Remember the only way we can get these areas open to OHV use is by grants from the state. The OHV committee acts as a middle man.  So, if you know of a potential site, make a note of it and e-mail it to me or present it at the next OHV meeting. The committee will then look into the site and do their research. This is not an over night process, it could take a few years but no more than two years.

I still haven't given up hope regarding Mecca Farms in Palm Beach County.  Perhaps with the backing of the OHV committee, a dialogue could begin.  The Commissioners have no interest in dealing individually with a few ATVers.  Perhaps an organizational approach with the possibility of Grant monies might be more enticing to them.

By and large Mecca Farms would be an ideal location.

'06 Yamaha 350 Wolverine
'06 Yamaha PW80
'07 Chevy Silverado 1500 Ext.cab
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Other Florida sites of interest: www.PinballShark.com