Home ATV Florida Forum ATV Florida Where to Ride? ATV Florida Links Advertise

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: db testing at FTR QS#1  (Read 3364 times)
TRX450R_Racer
Retired Racer
Supreme Member

**** Frank **** **FF&J Racing**

View Profile

Ignore
« on: September 27, 2006, 09:04:07 PM »

I have a Dr. D slip-on with a quiet insert and it was just repacked before the race. Their website says it should be 96db, but it doesn't say at what RPM that is at. The sheet they had at the race said my quad got tested at 3750 RPM. Twice in a row I was tested at 94db. I guess I should have nothing to worry about.

Member of South East Florida Trail Riders

Life's to short, wear a helmet.
Dress for the crash, not for the ride.
Ripped off by Brandon George.
mudnuri
Supreme Member

06 YFZ

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: September 28, 2006, 09:06:36 PM »

That's great! I know I saw many tested with aftermarket systems that passed.
I couldn't hear any of them over the jet traffic that passed overhead. LOL!

Brian Morris
06 YFZ
FTR#108 SENIOR
Don't litter
Respect life
mud-n-ur-i
kenz

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: September 28, 2006, 09:32:51 PM »

I have a DMC Afterburner Quiet full system on my Z.  I have a few hours on the packing and it came in at 91 DB.  DMC advertises it to be no more than 96 DB, they aren't lying. 

The only thing I don't like about the exhaust is that it sticks out past the grab bar.

2008 YFZ450
FTR 30+ #34B
Sarasota Area Quad Riders
paul450

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: September 28, 2006, 10:02:11 PM »

HMF  ballance,  with quiet insert, new packing   93..
khooping

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: October 01, 2006, 09:46:18 PM »

I've got about 60 hrs. on my HMF (Full System, not a slip on) and am going to the HS this weekend and wanted to know what the DB limit is?  Do you guys know the protocol if you test and you're too loud?  Does anyone else have any experience with this pipe and what they've tested? Should I bring my original pipe with me?  I'm not currently running the quiet core.  Just the standard spark arrestor.

Thanks

Kevin
« Last Edit: October 01, 2006, 09:48:13 PM by khooping » Logged

Z-400
Full HMF Pipe
Jet Kit
Denton Steering Dampener
Renthal Bars
Dominator Rear
Complete Skids

TRX250EX
Full HMF Pipe, Jet Kit
Rev Box
K&N Filter
Full Skids
kenz

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: October 01, 2006, 10:26:08 PM »

Kevin,

The limit is 96 DB.  Technically you can be at 97.5 and still pass because there is a +(-) 1.5Db allowed for error.

There was a guy 2 quads ahead of me with an HMF pipe when I got tested and I heard the tester tell him he was at the limit.  I don't know how many hours were on the packing or if the quiet core was in. 

If you don't pass the sound check your run will be a DQ.  Not a big deal with the quads at the HS because there are not any points given.  If you were running the Quad Scrambles you'll want to be sound compliant because season points are offered. 

Who knows it may not be long before they don't allow you to run at all if you don't pass.  They are after all imposing the sound limit to show that people in our sport are responsible.

2008 YFZ450
FTR 30+ #34B
Sarasota Area Quad Riders
khooping

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: October 01, 2006, 11:00:47 PM »

Thanks Kenz,

I'm going to go ahead and call HMF tomorrow and have them ship me a quiet core...with any luck I can get it here before Friday.  I was trying to avoid driving from central Florida to the pan handle only to be turned away and not get to run.  To be quite honest I hadn't given it too much thought until I caught this thread.  I appreciate the info and hope to be running quietly this weekend.

Kevin

Z-400
Full HMF Pipe
Jet Kit
Denton Steering Dampener
Renthal Bars
Dominator Rear
Complete Skids

TRX250EX
Full HMF Pipe, Jet Kit
Rev Box
K&N Filter
Full Skids
TRX450R_Racer
Retired Racer
Supreme Member

**** Frank **** **FF&J Racing**

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: October 02, 2006, 10:57:04 AM »

Thanks Kenz,

I'm going to go ahead and call HMF tomorrow and have them ship me a quiet core...with any luck I can get it here before Friday.  I was trying to avoid driving from central Florida to the pan handle only to be turned away and not get to run.  To be quite honest I hadn't given it too much thought until I caught this thread.  I appreciate the info and hope to be running quietly this weekend.

Kevin

I would order new packing also. If you put in the quiet core and repack it you should be good.

Member of South East Florida Trail Riders

Life's to short, wear a helmet.
Dress for the crash, not for the ride.
Ripped off by Brandon George.
digginfool
Supreme Member

Finally! ATVFlorida.com is here!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: October 03, 2006, 09:33:54 PM »

I'm running a CT Racing pipe with the Supertrapp and 9 discs on my Raptor 660.  I tested out at 94dB's in Orlando.  Can't complain about that.  The bike runs real strong with that setup.  I was second to the corner and only because I initially held back so I didn't get caught up in the melee heading in to the first turn.  Saw some guy earlier really tumble hard at the 1:30 start.

"Peace is that brief glorious moment in history when everybody stands around reloading". --Thomas Jefferson

"When plunder becomes a way of life for a group of men living together in society, they create for themselves ... a legal system that authorizes it and a moral code that glorifies it."
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Other Florida sites of interest: www.PinballShark.com