Home ATV Florida Forum ATV Florida Where to Ride? ATV Florida Links Advertise

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: River Ranch  (Read 17935 times)
qt314nfla

« Reply #25 on: October 05, 2006, 10:35:27 AM »

QT, sounds like you are saying that if you purchase land out there the state may someday take it away from you and you lose what you have. Would this be correct. Don't think to many people would buy a deed if thats the case. It would give the state more leverage. All they would need to say is, "you knew when you purchased a deed that we were in the process of taking this land"

You would be correct.  The state is not attempting to take this land by emminent domain.  They are wanting to buy the land.  However, they do not have to pay the deed owners what was originally paid for the deed.  The owners stand to get much less than what they paid.  There are efforts in place to prevent this from happening but more deed holders need to pay attention, go to meetings, and get active to prevent this from happening.   Deed owners just don't want the state having any more leverage than the already have and to give it to them ourselves is rediculous.
Captain The Morgan

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #26 on: October 05, 2006, 11:25:17 AM »

Yeah, I was at the tax auction at the courthouse and the STATE OFFICIALS were there buying up pieces, they kept out bidding me.

They were paying like 6,000.00 for a 1.25 acre parcel.

tekhanto

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #27 on: October 05, 2006, 01:57:53 PM »

Yes that is the case, they have been trying to take it for some time now.  The North
side portion has now been lost so only time will tell about south side
« Last Edit: October 05, 2006, 02:01:31 PM by tekhanto » Logged

You don't stop riding because you get OLD................... You get OLD because you STOP RIDING.

&
yunt2ride
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #28 on: October 05, 2006, 02:05:30 PM »

I wouldn't think anyone would be willing to purchase a piece of property out there knowing that the state is trying to get it for less then what its worth. You could lose money on it if that happened and if you know this when you buy it then the state can always say you knew what we were doing before you paid to much.

1997 Chevrolet 4WD extended cab
2005 Polaris 500HO 4X4 Hunter Edition Camo
X-DreamChick

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #29 on: October 05, 2006, 02:17:02 PM »

I just saw this on ebay, someone is selling 529 acres, for a complete buyout of river ranch. http://cgi.ebay.com/CENTRAL-FLORIDA-LAND-529-52-ACRES-POLK-COUNTY_W0QQitemZ130032751071QQihZ003QQcategoryZ15841QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Quod me non interficit me confirmat
gery350
Supreme Member

no guts, no glory

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #30 on: October 05, 2006, 02:25:09 PM »

wow 17 minutes left.
529 acres at 2,559.00
thats 5.00 an acre.
good deal. Grin

hey this is klutchbuster350, me and rl400*mostly rl400* made my dad this sig. now lets see how long it takes him to notice lol
hey while im here...........klutchbuster rules!!!!!!
http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y235/klutchbuster350/gery350_3.gif
wilburz
Supreme Member

Tastes like chicken!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #31 on: October 05, 2006, 02:27:00 PM »

I just saw this on ebay, someone is selling 529 acres, for a complete buyout of river ranch. http://cgi.ebay.com/CENTRAL-FLORIDA-LAND-529-52-ACRES-POLK-COUNTY_W0QQitemZ130032751071QQihZ003QQcategoryZ15841QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

that price is per acre:

2599.00 * 529 = 1,374,871. I guess if I had 1.25 million laying around I would buy some swamp land that will never be developeable. Some people are just dumb!

1978 ridin mower, 48 inch cut, 3.4 hp briggs & stratton
12-6-3 front
14-8-5 back
no muffler
MuddFreak77
Supreme Member

I found out who my friends are

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #32 on: October 05, 2006, 02:31:00 PM »

that price is per acre:

2599.00 * 529 = 1,374,871. I guess if I had 1.25 million laying around I would buy some swamp land that will never be developeable. Some people are just dumb!

Wilburz read the fine print 2600 per acre thats still HIGH for a RR deed.

Never argue with an Idiot. They drag you down to their level, and then beat you with experience!

'07 Suzuki King Quad
3k Warn Winch
GPS

2001 F-250 4X4 Diesel, 6 way hand
X-DreamChick

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #33 on: October 05, 2006, 02:31:18 PM »

I don't know if it is dumb or not, once they own the majortiy they can start dividing it and forming a PUD. That would be the end of riding at River Ranch.

Quod me non interficit me confirmat
bluesman
Supreme Member

03 ds650baja/03kfx 400/ 03kfx 450

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #34 on: October 05, 2006, 03:17:31 PM »

There is a RR thread...Please do not post pics or vids of RR in an open forum!! Thank you...RRPOA>
    why not id like to see whats going on in there also?!!?!!?!
MuddFreak77
Supreme Member

I found out who my friends are

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #35 on: October 05, 2006, 03:23:30 PM »

RR gate was getting ppl showing up at the gate thinking they could just get in and that it was an ATV park.  This caused a great deal of problems for the gate keepers as well as owners wanting to enter and exit the property.  In addition ppl started barraging land owners PM's every weekend filling their PM's up asking for invitations to the property.  Most had enough and a private section was created.

What's more important than that is the state looks at these pics and these sites.  They are attempting to take this property away and using our own pics and posts against us.  The property is a blast when I've been there and you can purchase a deed to use this property.  However, if usage of this property and pics continue appearing on public forums the state will take it and we will lose another riding area.  At that point you won't be able to purchase a deed.

It is up to you what you want to do.  Please don't ruin the property for the ppl that do own deeds, or for the kids that will inherit these deeds, or for the ppl that would like to purchase a deed and have a place to ride.  If you post pics on the site the owners will figure out who you are and you will begin making enemies out there.  Bad choice my friends, bad choice.

Please be respectful.  If you don't own out there keep your pics off the public forums.  If you own out there and are not aware of what is going on legally w/ this property go to the gate and find out who you need to talk to about the issues.  Educate yourself and refrain from posting pics unless you don't mind the state coming in and taking over.

Bluesman please read this, and this is why pics will not be posted by any RRPOA members

Freakk

Never argue with an Idiot. They drag you down to their level, and then beat you with experience!

'07 Suzuki King Quad
3k Warn Winch
GPS

2001 F-250 4X4 Diesel, 6 way hand
wilburz
Supreme Member

Tastes like chicken!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #36 on: October 06, 2006, 07:35:10 AM »

that price is per acre:

I agree Freek. I was just pointing out that is is not 17 bucks an acre like Gery said before. You would have to be completely brain dead to drop over a million dollars for that land. That is what I am saying. Just think of all the brew you could buy with dat?

1978 ridin mower, 48 inch cut, 3.4 hp briggs & stratton
12-6-3 front
14-8-5 back
no muffler
big-daddy
Defender of the secret society!
Supreme Member

Home of the Brave

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #37 on: October 06, 2006, 07:47:03 AM »

I hear they shoot sport quads with loud exhuast when there in the hunting area and make the rider squeal like a pig..... Huh ask Rico he like it!   

I wonder if we can get Cheney to take Obama hunting?
1985 CJ7 Swamp Buggy named Swamp Thing
2001 Yamaha Wolverine 4x4
2005 Kodiak 450 4x4
2007 F150 Super Crew FX4
Proud RR and FMR member
NRA Life Time member
UncleRico
Supreme Member

"Crazy, Insane?"

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #38 on: October 06, 2006, 08:13:46 AM »

I hear they shoot sport quads with loud exhuast when there in the hunting area and make the rider squeal like a pig..... Huh ask Rico he like it!   

I assume you own property out there, but are you saying you enjoy shooting at sport quads or just Rico?

Where's the love?

I've ridden with Rico, he's pretty fast! Have you ever shot at sport quads before? 

"The older I get the faster I was!"

We're gonna have to have a redneck sit down and settle this once and for all...which camp is yours? Is it the one with the rebel flag?

« Last Edit: October 06, 2006, 08:16:44 AM by UncleRico » Logged

UNLUCKY #13 RACING  "I want to thank my sponsors, Jack Cass Bail Bonds, The Cleveland Steamer Carpet Cleaner Company, The Rusty Trombone Pub, and Dirty Sanchez's Liquor and Check Cashing."
Captain The Morgan

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #39 on: October 06, 2006, 08:23:53 AM »

Hey Mud, I spend 2600 on cable a year.  If you told me I could have a place to ride and hunt and camp for the rest of my life and all I had to do is fork over 2600 bucks, I'd do it in a heart beat.

And what's with the state wanting to take all the recreational land in Florida?  That sucks man.

And I hope Big daddy is kidding when he says he likes to shoot at sport quads or Ricos.
UncleRico
Supreme Member

"Crazy, Insane?"

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #40 on: October 06, 2006, 01:02:37 PM »

And I hope Big daddy is kidding when he says he likes to shoot at sport quads or Ricos.

He's kidding Captain. (At least I hope he is)

Besides, no worries mate, Big Daddy hasn't had a confirmed kill since they stopped letting him hunt in baited fields.   If we could bottle Big Daddy, we could sell him on the open market as "wild game repellant".

Although, I do hear, the Rico backstrap is deliscious when prepared properly.

UNLUCKY #13 RACING  "I want to thank my sponsors, Jack Cass Bail Bonds, The Cleveland Steamer Carpet Cleaner Company, The Rusty Trombone Pub, and Dirty Sanchez's Liquor and Check Cashing."
dnigels

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #41 on: October 06, 2006, 02:16:57 PM »

No one out there minds others purchasing the property and becoming deed owners.  It's just that there are many that don't have full knowledge of what is politically happening out there. Wink

So are you saying there's no Albino monk's out there?

I heard it's run by the Priory of Scion.

I think I've seen those Albino Monks...they were following some Skunk Apes with pooper scoopers.  Of course I was into the worm a little when this all went down.

We're talking Big pooper scoopers!

'06 Yamaha 350 Wolverine
'06 Yamaha PW80
'07 Chevy Silverado 1500 Ext.cab
Captain The Morgan

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #42 on: October 07, 2006, 08:36:14 AM »

Does anyone have any pictures of River Ranch, other then thier website?

Here's a picture of the waterfall in the "secret spot" at river ranch.  No one knows about this area, so keep it on hte downlow.

It's ridiculously hard to find, but I have the GPS co-ordinates.

[attachment deleted by admin]
UncleRico
Supreme Member

"Crazy, Insane?"

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #43 on: October 07, 2006, 08:47:04 AM »

Yeah, I've heard about the waterfall but I've never seen it.

Is it in the fireswamp, out past the lolipop forest?

big-daddy
Supreme Member

Home of the Brave

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #44 on: October 07, 2006, 09:58:04 PM »

are you talking to your self Rico? Sad

2005 Kodiak 450 4x4
2007 F150 Super Crew FX4
Proud RR and FMR member
NRA Life Time member
xr100racer

« Reply #45 on: October 07, 2006, 10:28:33 PM »

just bought property out there today and going riding tommorow. will post pics of the waterfall if i find it, i herd its acctually just north of the old indian burial grounds
Loopy

Finally! ATVFlorida.com is here!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #46 on: October 09, 2006, 12:17:18 PM »

which camp is yours? Is it the one with the rebel flag?

That was funny
AintSkeered
Contributing Member Plus
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #47 on: October 09, 2006, 05:37:54 PM »

Thatwaterfall is where Saddam is hiding WMDs and where we got the seeds of Democracy to plant in Iraq/Afghanistan. LOL

2015 Can-Am Outlander XT-P by Perry Performance Group
big-daddy
Supreme Member

Home of the Brave

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #48 on: October 09, 2006, 06:03:28 PM »

He's kidding Captain. (At least I hope he is)

Besides, no worries mate, Big Daddy hasn't had a confirmed kill since they stopped letting him hunt in baited fields.   If we could bottle Big Daddy, we could sell him on the open market as "wild game repellant".

Although, I do hear, the Rico backstrap is deliscious when prepared properly.

Big-daddy can shoot a quarter at 200yds with no problem there Rico old boy.  Oh..... I was out there this weekend with my little friend looking for you.

2005 Kodiak 450 4x4
2007 F150 Super Crew FX4
Proud RR and FMR member
NRA Life Time member
big-daddy
Supreme Member

Home of the Brave

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #49 on: October 09, 2006, 06:05:59 PM »

Hey Mud, I spend 2600 on cable a year.  If you told me I could have a place to ride and hunt and camp for the rest of my life and all I had to do is fork over 2600 bucks, I'd do it in a heart beat.

And what's with the state wanting to take all the recreational land in Florida?  That sucks man.

I dont want to shoot you!

But, my dog wants your nuts to eat.

2005 Kodiak 450 4x4
2007 F150 Super Crew FX4
Proud RR and FMR member
NRA Life Time member
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Other Florida sites of interest: www.PinballShark.com