Home ATV Florida Forum ATV Florida Where to Ride? ATV Florida Links Advertise

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: HOUSE OF POWER IN PALM BAY FLORIDA SUCKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  (Read 14690 times)
lukes660r

Finally! ATVFlorida.com is here!

View Profile

Ignore
« on: September 21, 2006, 10:08:40 PM »

I just bought a 2005 honda rincon 650 from these guys.  First off the sales person told me that the 05' is a 680cc which was BS right from the beginning and I didn't find out that it was a 650 until we were signing the papers. I didn't get a chance to ride the atv the same day I bought it because they kept us at the dealer for about 4 1/2 hours doing this.  The next morning I noticed that the rear wheel was badly warped, the a arms were bent and the handler bars were bent and crooked.  When I called the sales person he kept telling me that I got a "good deal" and basically saying take what you get and be happy with it.  I don't think that $8500.00 is such a good deal.  They sold this P.O.S. to me as a new 2005.  It had 0 miles and .2 hours on the clock and with this much damage to the atv I am assuming that they dropped it at the dealership and no one said anything about it and just pushed it back up front and sold it to my un suspecting self.  Just letting everyone know that if you do plan on buying a new bike, atv in the near future, by all means go somewhere else. I should have listened to my brother and went to ARS in Okeechobee.   Cry Cry Cry
Fox17
Supreme Member

Go Gators!!

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: September 21, 2006, 10:57:10 PM »

they really do suck. we wont even drive past the dealership any more. they bite. all the people there suck.
450rcrazy

« Reply #2 on: September 23, 2006, 08:59:43 AM »

you bought it as new not used ,the bike should be perfect I would not ride it till this is resolved so they cant blame you for the damage .I hate crappy dealers makes you wan't to start your own.
Fox17
Supreme Member

Go Gators!!

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: September 23, 2006, 12:32:58 PM »

we are considering starting our own dealer with a mx track and trails and a mud pit too. we found some property to get in a few different places. i hate all dealers pretty much. all of the ones i been to there are 2 i like. the yami and honda shops by our house. thats it.
gtnwood

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: September 23, 2006, 02:04:29 PM »

When ever I refer to them I refer to them as the HOUSE OF IDIOTS, funny everyone knows just who I'm referring to. phluckin plicks Angry

'Political Correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and
rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition
that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end.'
(From a Texas A&M student)
2005 Kodiak 450, 26" 589s
khooping

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: September 24, 2006, 07:22:40 PM »

Sad

It's really a shame with these guys.  I agree wholeheartedly as every experience at the H.O.P dealership has been disappointing.  I've purchased 6 new ATV's in the last 4 yrs.  After giving them chances, I found that ARS was the best, so that's where I went.  Since I live in PB, I still go there for maintenance stuff  like parts, oil, filters, etc.... which takes significant time for the service associate to identify correctly, locate in stock, and ring me out.   I went there to get a new set gloves a few weeks ago and they only had one color in stock.  With all those bikes, ATV's, UV's, etc... you'd think they'd be better stocked.  Go back to them and continue to demand reparations; otherwise, they won't change their behavior.  Given their locallity and the huge number of riders in the area, they could certainly have a much better business by lowering their new bike prices and improving their service after the sale. 

Z-400
Full HMF Pipe
Jet Kit
Denton Steering Dampener
Renthal Bars
Dominator Rear
Complete Skids

TRX250EX
Full HMF Pipe, Jet Kit
Rev Box
K&N Filter
Full Skids
yfz#78

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: September 25, 2006, 01:59:27 AM »

LAWYER!!!! get one

Legendary1

« Reply #7 on: December 14, 2006, 10:40:13 PM »

All I can say is thanks people. I'm a newbie to ATV's and I recently went to HOP and was shocked when I knew more than the salesman who "helped" me. I didn't make a purchase, mostly because they wont allow test rides, and now after reading this thread I am certain I did the right thing. So, thanks again for the heads up.

hey khooping, in your post you said you made you purchases from ARS. Where are they located? I only know of HOP and space coast in cocoa.

khooping

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: December 14, 2006, 10:47:36 PM »

Lengendary1,

They're on 441 just North of Okeechobee.  No freight, set up fees.  Give them a call and they'll give you an out the door price right over the phone.  I've made my purchases by phone, then went down and picked them up.  Here's their website with directions (map) as well as their toll free number.  Good luck with your purchase.

Kevin

http://www.arspowersports.com/

Z-400
Full HMF Pipe
Jet Kit
Denton Steering Dampener
Renthal Bars
Dominator Rear
Complete Skids

TRX250EX
Full HMF Pipe, Jet Kit
Rev Box
K&N Filter
Full Skids
Legendary1

« Reply #9 on: December 14, 2006, 11:05:41 PM »

Lengendary1,

They're on 441 just North of Okeechobee.  No freight, set up fees.  Give them a call and they'll give you an out the door price right over the phone.  I've made my purchases by phone, then went down and picked them up.  Here's their website with directions (map) as well as their toll free number.  Good luck with your purchase.

Kevin

http://www.arspowersports.com/

Thanks Kevin, I appreciate it. Where do you usually ride around here. I am in viera and i was told one of the best places to ride was ocala national.

khooping

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: December 15, 2006, 06:34:42 PM »

We ride ONF (they have a large trail system there), as well as Brooksville (Croom), and we also are part owner of some land in Holopaw south of 192 just off of 441.  We also go to Georgia, South Carolina and last year went to West Virginia to the Hatfield McCoy trail system. Take time to voice your opinion to open more riding areas (whenever the chance arises)

Kevin

Z-400
Full HMF Pipe
Jet Kit
Denton Steering Dampener
Renthal Bars
Dominator Rear
Complete Skids

TRX250EX
Full HMF Pipe, Jet Kit
Rev Box
K&N Filter
Full Skids
fordsuks91

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: April 29, 2008, 09:21:19 AM »

I was dumb enough too to buy from HOP. I get my bike and brought it home, cracked the diff's and the fluid was grey. They didnt even do the recall on my prairie before they sold it too me.  I took it to Champions in Cocoa to get the recall done and had no problems. There is a reason this place used to be called Cons...

08 Kawasaki Teryx with 27" Mud Sharks

Blue 08 Grizzly 700 EFI/PS
FOR SALE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
94Hardbody4x4
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: April 29, 2008, 09:37:52 AM »

I've never heard good things about HOP. We bought our Rincon from ARS in Okeechobee and we got a good deal (07 Rincon 680 for $7500 I believe). However, they screwed us on our extended warrenty when the rear pinion seal went out. They claimed it was our fault but couldn't give us a reason why, they just said we'll fix it for $700.00. We ended up buying a new rear differential and replacing it ourselves for $400.

I've heard Champions Honda in CoCo is the best around for price and service.
« Last Edit: April 29, 2008, 09:39:27 AM by 94Hardbody4x4 » Logged

Parting out 2005 Honda Foreman....ASK ME!
steelheader13

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: April 30, 2008, 02:35:30 PM »

I was warned by several people to not buy from H-O-P, so I didn't.  I made the driver from Sebastian to Lake Wales and bought from another forum member bigscrub79 at Sky Powersports.

First I checked at ARS, but was not totally satisfied.

'08 Rhino 700 SE
racefan15

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #14 on: May 21, 2008, 11:33:25 AM »

Luke, please dont take this personally, but you are an idiot if you agreed to pay 8500 for a 3 yr old bike in the first place, EVEN if it was 0 miles..That is just rediculous and they obviously knew you didnt know anything about what bikes are worth.
With that said, they are complete ASSH0LES at HOP anyway. I have bought 3 new quads in the last month or two. They have all come from Sky Powersports (they have 3 locations, one in Lakeland, one in Lake Whales, and the other in Hudson (tampa way)) And you will not find a cheaper price ANYWHERE. Each time I got the best price from Sky, then went to HOP (because I live 5 miles away) to see if they could match...Each time they said they couldnt even come within about 2,000$ of the Sky price and that Sky would be changing the pirce once i got there to actually buy. So each time I went ot Sky ot buy and they did not change the deal we had made over the phone. They are straight up ppl there and i got names of who i deal with if anyone wants it.
I then took the sales paperwork back to HOP to prove ot them that i was not lying about the deal I got the time before and to prove that i bought from someone else not local, and they stutteres a lot and really could not come up with a good reason why they are about 2g more on the same exact bikes.....THEY ARE IDIOTS AND RIP OFFS
My brother worked there for a few months when he first moved to Fl as a sales person, and they do not even give their sales ppl a salary, It is commission based, so that is also why you get attacked when you pull into the parking lot by 10-12 sales ppl.
A father came in b4 christmas 2 yrs ago while he was working there and inquired about a 50cc atv for his 5 yr old son for christmas...The price of the bike (which wasnt listed on it was about 1799.) The sales Manager ran his credit for him and found out that he was approved for 2600. So the Sales man rang him up for the 2600 and sent him away from the store with the quad. He paid 800 dollars more than the bike sold for just because he didnt know better and the shop took advantage of him...That is horrible and they should be closed down.
The reality of it is though, that if idiots go there not knowing anything about value of bikes and knowing what the same bike sells for somewhere else, then whos fault iis it really?Huh
Hell is someone wants to give me a grand more than Im asking for anthing Im selling, Id be glad ot take advantage of the situation too.....
STAY AWAY FROM THERE...GO TO SKY     
TRX450R_Racer
Retired Racer
Supreme Member

**** Frank **** **FF&J Racing**

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: May 21, 2008, 11:42:29 AM »

This thread is like 18 months old................... Huh

Member of South East Florida Trail Riders

Life's to short, wear a helmet.
Dress for the crash, not for the ride.
Ripped off by Brandon George.
racefan15

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: May 21, 2008, 12:01:28 PM »

Yes, but HOP is still in business and F*cking ppl everyday...So not a bad idea to get it back to the top in case someone is ready to buy from them soon right?Huh
Islandbreeze07

Miami Crepes (owner) and AmeriPlan IBO

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: May 21, 2008, 02:26:42 PM »

18 months old, who cares. I learned something today!!! Thanks! Sky when I buy.

http://mybenefitsplus.com/KGraber
http://iboplus.com/KGraber

Life is like a farm, you gotta get up early to do the chores
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Other Florida sites of interest: www.PinballShark.com