Home ATV Florida Forum ATV Florida Where to Ride? ATV Florida Links Advertise

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Jasper Fl. Cross Roads Motorplex Motel/Campground Info and Directions  (Read 12903 times)
HillKiller
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« on: September 19, 2006, 11:53:16 AM »

Cross Roads Motorplex Jasper*, Fl.    http://crossroadsmotorplex.com

Link to pictures of track   http://www.ranlayracing.com/999crossroadsdirt.htm

WADE MURPHY
TRACK  386-938-1228
HOME    386-938-3481

DIRECTIONS TO TRACK:
EXIT 460 OFF I 75 GO WEST ON STATE RD 6 FOR 4 1/2 MILES.
THE TRACK IS ON THE LEFT

GATES OPEN AT 4 PM
PRACTICE AT 5 PM
RACING AT 7 PM

CAMPERS ARE ALLOWED TO STAY OVERNIGHT BUT NO HOOKUPS

Days Inn Jasper
(386) 792-1987
8182 State Road 6 W
www.daysinn.com

*Please note: The track is at the Jasper exit but is located in Crossroads, Fl. 4 1/2 miles west of I-75.
« Last Edit: September 19, 2006, 02:05:40 PM by HillKiller » Logged

www.SouthernDirtTrackAssociation.Com

Special thanks to my sponsor:
WareRacing Engines

Sunoco Race Fuel Distributor
5 gal pails 110,112,116
See me at the track or email me here
Skully

I Wanna Fo Fast............

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: September 19, 2006, 01:35:12 PM »

Is it just me.....Or does that track look like a dirt Martinsville? I'm thinking it's going to take a hard compound tire, judging from how black the groove is.

Very nice looking facility, and thanks for the info Dave!

HondaATC

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: September 19, 2006, 01:48:10 PM »

Just curious but how many laps do you guys usually run in the heats?

1996 Laeger TRX250R
1985 CR500 powered ATC250R
1986 ATC250R
HillKiller
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: September 19, 2006, 01:51:59 PM »

8 laps in the heats
15 laps in the Main/Feature

Yes it may work better with a harder compound. I ran an RD12 at similar tracks and it feathered the tires with only one race but those black groove tracks have SOOOO MUCH GRIP! The G's in the corners are a challenge and if you are getting your bike sideways you just might be doing something wrong  Wink
« Last Edit: September 19, 2006, 02:12:06 PM by HillKiller » Logged

WareRacing Engines

5 gal pails 110,112,116
HondaATC

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: September 19, 2006, 07:57:02 PM »

Thanks. Lookin foward to this weekend, should be a good time.

1996 Laeger TRX250R
1985 CR500 powered ATC250R
1986 ATC250R
Ride1Rob
Supreme Member

YFZ 450!!!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: September 19, 2006, 09:13:29 PM »

Was supposed to come up with Dreth and Wayne for the race. Saw that track and...  Undecided  . Is that asphalt with clay over the surface? Don't think I'll be trying to learn flat track racing on that No. No.  . Besides, 2 weeks ago Momma,(aka Wifey) told me I was going to church with her and the kids. Forgot all about that Shocked

If it'll run... I'm ridin'!!!
HillKiller
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: September 19, 2006, 10:23:00 PM »

Was supposed to come up with Dreth and Wayne for the race. Saw that track and...  Undecided  . Is that asphalt with clay over the surface? Don't think I'll be trying to learn flat track racing on that No. No.  . Besides, 2 weeks ago Momma,(aka Wifey) told me I was going to church with her and the kids. Forgot all about that Shocked
   No not asphalt, just Georgia clay with alot of rubber laid down....makes them tires bark like a dog!

WareRacing Engines

5 gal pails 110,112,116
1fastltr450
Supreme Member

Super Fast Racer

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: September 20, 2006, 06:48:29 AM »

thtas a good place for you to stay. we would ware you out up there

2007 Maximum TT Series Open class Champion

AMA 2007 Winter National Short Track Series Open Class Winner

Hair color helps you win.

www.SouthernFlatTrackLeague.Com

Thanks to my sponsors:
 Krome n Kustomz (K & K Motorsports)
 Mystic Motorsports  (Their only 4-poke)
HillKiller
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: September 20, 2006, 07:26:06 AM »

...still having problems with spellcheck I see... Shocked

WareRacing Engines

5 gal pails 110,112,116
Ride1Rob
Supreme Member

YFZ 450!!!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: September 20, 2006, 07:42:39 AM »

It's been quite some time since I put a whoopin' on you Grasshoppa Cheesy  . I don't think we need to be on the same track at the same time anyway  TskTsk

ratsrepus

I am the fastest man alive

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: September 20, 2006, 08:36:00 AM »

It's been quite some time since I put a whoopin' on you Grasshoppa Cheesy  . I don't think we need to be on the same track at the same time anyway  TskTsk
   you wont be puttin a whoopin on anyone in that open class, you can just ride in the back an watch though  Cry

YOURE GONNA LOSE AND I'M GONNA LIKE IT
Quad32x
Supreme Member

Work My Sausage !

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: September 20, 2006, 09:43:25 AM »

Yet another name for Dave. Roll Eyes

Team LFG , Local Fat Guys.
Mystic Motorsports Vet Class Rider #32
HillKiller
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: September 20, 2006, 09:55:42 AM »

I guess that one was too easy... Cry

WareRacing Engines

5 gal pails 110,112,116
Ride1Rob
Supreme Member

YFZ 450!!!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: September 20, 2006, 08:04:54 PM »

you wont be puttin a whoopin on anyone in that open class, you can just ride in the back an watch though  Cry

You underestimate me my Lil Yoda looking friend. I'll get accustomed to the style of racing and see if I like it 1st. Will probably be the next race at Thunderbowl though.

dreth

« Reply #14 on: September 20, 2006, 08:49:19 PM »

You underestimate me my Lil Yoda looking friend. I'll get accustomed to the style of racing and see if I like it 1st. Will probably be the next race at Thunderbowl though.

they are all talk Rob! ive seen em ride and its more like little house on the praire Cheesy
01ZX12R
Supreme Member

Its all fun and games till the flag drops!!!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: September 20, 2006, 09:30:38 PM »

dont under estimate Rob, its just like ridin a bike u never lose it.

K&K Motorsports 
Full Spectrum Racing
06' YFZ450  #12
08' KFX450  #21
08' LTR450   #132
Persnickety

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: September 21, 2006, 07:25:55 AM »

They are all underestimated because not once has a so-called pro rider unseated one of the home track racers in the open class and dont start ranted about winning a heat race cause they dont mean crap cept to get you to the big show, then its for real. What is there to see if you like it? Flat track racing to simple just ask an mx'er  ::)Yoda's gonna carve em a new one and send em to the back to sweep the track Grin Who wants to make a list of names that have come to win a main and have come up short? Come get sum Cheesy
Hoosier Daddy
Southern Flat Track League
Supreme Member

Team WareRacing Member #07

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: September 21, 2006, 08:10:25 AM »

wheres... Raymond been? Did he give it up?

BLISS Feed, Hay, and Race Fuels Zephyrhills, Fl
"Character is what you have when no one is looking"
Johnny Lee Honeker

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: September 21, 2006, 08:51:45 AM »

They are all underestimated because not once has a so-called pro rider unseated one of the home track racers in the open class and dont start ranted about winning a heat race cause they dont mean crap cept to get you to the big show, then its for real. What is there to see if you like it? Flat track racing to simple just ask an mx'er  ::)Yoda's gonna carve em a new one and send em to the back to sweep the track Grin Who wants to make a list of names that have come to win a main and have come up short? Come get sum Cheesy

i could make alist but it would be pretty long LOL. That Rob guy made that Yoda comment and oh boy he better not ride the open class because them boys will put him in the back for sure now. hey billy, one of those mx guys will probably go race ocala on an off points night and then tell everyone he beat the open guys! Shocked
Hoosier Daddy
Southern Flat Track League
Supreme Member

Team WareRacing Member #07

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: September 21, 2006, 09:17:02 AM »

How many people in the league are going on a non points night?

BLISS Feed, Hay, and Race Fuels Zephyrhills, Fl
"Character is what you have when no one is looking"
Scott270r

Mystic Motorsports #5

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: September 21, 2006, 12:56:59 PM »

they are all talk Rob! ive seen em ride and its more like little house on the praire Cheesy

Dreth,

Did you see my yellow 330R in the Open class last Saturday. I am sure I was going a little better than a wagon on little house on the praire. By the way what class are you in? You can come get some, as can any of all of these "Pro" racers that are always so much better than all of us "locals" anytime you want. Still, we are never losing to the "Pro guys". I don't know why so many people want to not give us any respect no matter how many times we prove to be excellent riders time and time again.  Huh Huh

Ride1Rob,

Come on out, have a good time and enjoy racing with the finest bunch of guys you will ever get to race with. But if your new to the sport, don't expect to do too well in the beginning, it takes time to get everything working just right, and everything will have to be working well if you plan to be winning the Open class, that class is no joke, come find out for yourself.  Cool

1998 GFTL Open Pro Champion
2006 SFTL Open Class Champion

......Thanks Derek

Mystic Motorsports - 3 Time Champions....Congratulations Derek on a great 2010 season!!!

http://i114.photobucket.com/albums/n270/scott270r/Race_Mystic.jpg
HillKiller
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #21 on: September 21, 2006, 01:18:22 PM »

Dreth,

Did you see my yellow 330R in the Open class last Saturday. I am sure I was going a little better than a wagon on little house on the praire. By the way what class are you in? You can come get some, as can any of all of these "Pro" racers that are always so much better than all of us "locals" anytime you want. Still, we are never losing to the "Pro guys". I don't know why so many people want to not give us any respect no matter how many times we prove to be excellent riders time and time again.  Huh Huh

Ride1Rob,

Come on out, have a good time and enjoy racing with the finest bunch of guys you will ever get to race with. But if your new to the sport, don't expect to do too well in the beginning, it takes time to get everything working just right, and everything will have to be working well if you plan to be winning the Open class, that class is no joke, come find out for yourself.  Cool

Well said!  Clapper

WareRacing Engines

5 gal pails 110,112,116
Ride1Rob
Supreme Member

YFZ 450!!!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #22 on: September 21, 2006, 05:06:16 PM »

Ride1Rob,

Scott, I don't in any way feel like I can come and run with you guys. That'd be absurd! That Rapster (sp) guy said something about running Open Class. I'm more than sure I'd get my arse handed to me. I was basically telling him that I needed to learn that style of racing first. And if he himself is not running the Open Class... I think maybe he needs to concentrate on the class he's in. I was racing Vet at SM and did pretty well (Alot of 3rd's and 4th's) on a bone stock bike. Quite a bit of those guys were running with built motors.

One thing you guys will NEVER hear me do is take credit away from you guys. But instead of some of your guys encouraging peeps like me to come out and try it, they make statements about being left in the dust in the Open class. WHEN THEY PROBABLY AREN'T EVEN PLACING IN THE INTERMEDIATE THEMSELVES Roll Eyes  . Why would I come out and race open and I've never tried FT??? Maybe they (Rapster & Kataytay) say that b/c they don't want to be 8th & 9th place now Tongue  .

The reason why you guys don't get enough credit is b/c YOU all make the US vs THEM mentallity. Like I said b/f, instead of encouraging peeps to come down and help your place to grow some throw smart comments in on them. Other than Wayne, Dreth, Gary and Tim Scisson, no one up there knows how I ride. And judging on how they placed, I'd be ahead of quite a few of guys in the intermediate class for sure Deal.

Quad32x
Supreme Member

Work My Sausage !

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #23 on: September 21, 2006, 05:20:52 PM »

Just come on out Rob. Its alot of fun and lots of great people.  Wink

Team LFG , Local Fat Guys.
Mystic Motorsports Vet Class Rider #32
Scott270r

Mystic Motorsports #5

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #24 on: September 21, 2006, 05:26:45 PM »

Scott, I don't in any way feel like I can come and run with you guys. That'd be absurd! That Rapster (sp) guy said something about running Open Class. I'm more than sure I'd get my arse handed to me. I was basically telling him that I needed to learn that style of racing first. And if he himself is not running the Open Class... I think maybe he needs to concentrate on the class he's in. I was racing Vet at SM and did pretty well (Alot of 3rd's and 4th's) on a bone stock bike. Quite a bit of those guys were running with built motors.

One thing you guys will NEVER hear me do is take credit away from you guys. But instead of some of your guys encouraging peeps like me to come out and try it, they make statements about being left in the dust in the Open class. WHEN THEY PROBABLY AREN'T EVEN PLACING IN THE INTERMEDIATE THEMSELVES Roll Eyes  . Why would I come out and race open and I've never tried FT??? Maybe they (Rapster & Kataytay) say that b/c they don't want to be 8th & 9th place now Tongue  .

The reason why you guys don't get enough credit is b/c YOU all make the US vs THEM mentallity. Like I said b/f, instead of encouraging peeps to come down and help your place to grow some throw smart comments in on them. Other than Wayne, Dreth, Gary and Tim Scisson, no one up there knows how I ride. And judging on how they placed, I'd be ahead of quite a few of guys in the intermediate class for sure Deal.

Well put Rob. Like I said before, this really is the coolest bunch of guys I have ever raced with. I just met these guys 6 months ago, so they welcomed me with open arms and my teammate Derek (Derek330) as well. Come on up to Jasper this weekend if you can make it, there should still be about 25 quads there, so it should some good racing. I ride a Yellow 250R, you can't miss me its the only one out there like it, come say what's up, I'd like to put a face to the screenname.

1998 GFTL Open Pro Champion
2006 SFTL Open Class Champion

......Thanks Derek

Mystic Motorsports - 3 Time Champions....Congratulations Derek on a great 2010 season!!!

http://i114.photobucket.com/albums/n270/scott270r/Race_Mystic.jpg
Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Other Florida sites of interest: www.PinballShark.com