Home ATV Florida Forum ATV Florida Where to Ride? ATV Florida Links Advertise

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: All Balls tie rod ends.  (Read 3403 times)
svtbolt04
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« on: September 18, 2006, 06:09:49 PM »

While rebuilding my front end, I noticed my tusk cheapo tie rod ends were a little worn out. I went online and wanted somthing that would last a little longer this time, so I went with All Balls thinking you get what you pay for (they were 10 bucks more a pair). I get them and the rubber that holds in the grease wasnt sealed all the way around and was actually leaking. Anyways, I installed them and noticed after 2 hours of riding that the rubber had completely had squished itself and was not doing its job anymore. I had a race this past weekend where I was tapped out for a mile at a time and noticed the front end feeling a bit loose. I pull my quad off the truck today and was checking my bars seeing if everything was alright, but only one side was reacting to my quick movements. I washed the bike and to find out the nut had almost come off (thank god for safety pins) and now I cant thread it back up because the joint has come too loose causing the whole joint to spin.

If I had to buy again, I would go with the tusk tie rod ends. They atleast held up till I took them off the bike.

823 for life!

Black wheels, plastics, some shiny chrome pieces. Left over dirt from last year, handle bars.
Ride1Rob
Supreme Member

YFZ 450!!!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: September 19, 2006, 08:46:48 AM »

I have All Balls on mine and they've been fine.

If it'll run... I'm ridin'!!!
Fox17
Supreme Member

Go Gators!!

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: September 19, 2006, 10:16:23 AM »

why not go with oem?
PLEDGER#76

1971 Honda CB350, Honda TRX450R

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: September 19, 2006, 06:17:26 PM »

I have run the Ricky Stator tie-rods and ends all of last years racing season with all of the practice too, and am running the same ones this year too, they are a little more $$$$$ but well worth it to me..... They also have grease zerks on them too!!!!

1971 Honda CB350 and its mint
Honda TRX450R
yfz#78

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: September 25, 2006, 02:08:07 AM »

as you stated, you get what you pay for. never go cheap on parts that wear.

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Other Florida sites of interest: www.PinballShark.com