Home ATV Florida Forum ATV Florida Where to Ride? ATV Florida Links Advertise

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Pumpkin Run 06  (Read 7739 times)
wheelie_boy
Supreme Member

Its Fast

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« on: September 16, 2006, 04:32:19 PM »

Just a reminder the pumpkin run is coming up on october 21st.   My dad and i are going to be there and i was just wondering who else was going? Heres the link for all of the info.

www.apollomotorcycleclub.com

05 kx 250f
Keeter
Contributing Member Plus
Supreme Member

I'm Not! You go first!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: September 16, 2006, 06:29:51 PM »

My sister lives right down the street from there. She has heard that there is a lot of a-holes that run it and ruin the time for everyone else. Angry How bad are the a-holes?

2019 Can Am 850 XMR
Fox17
Supreme Member

Go Gators!!

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: September 16, 2006, 07:50:27 PM »

is it like a race or what? or just a ride? please give some detail bout it. i have heard of it but never done/watched it.
UncleRico
Supreme Member

"Crazy, Insane?"

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: September 16, 2006, 07:52:24 PM »

Is this the one where the shoot the pumpkins out of the cannons?

Pumkin Chuckin' or whatever they call it?

UNLUCKY #13 RACING  "I want to thank my sponsors, Jack Cass Bail Bonds, The Cleveland Steamer Carpet Cleaner Company, The Rusty Trombone Pub, and Dirty Sanchez's Liquor and Check Cashing."
wheelie_boy
Supreme Member

Its Fast

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: September 16, 2006, 08:49:47 PM »

is it like a race or what? or just a ride? please give some detail bout it. i have heard of it but never done/watched it.

its a 20 mile night ride. i think there is race classes but im not sure.  during the day there is a mud pit and there was a drag strip but im not sure if they still have that.  its $40, and that includes the registration for the ride and a t shirt.

05 kx 250f
xr100racer

« Reply #5 on: September 17, 2006, 10:50:15 PM »

my buddy did it on a blaster and kept running out of gas. he said there were a bunch of drunks and they were all crashing into each other. he recomended doing the run on a ute, lots of mud
team_quad_green

Your gonna need SUM!!!!!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: September 20, 2006, 06:32:11 PM »

ill be there on big nasty

RANGER LIFE!
2012 polaris ranger  xp 800
walker evans limited editions
2007 honda rincon 680
2007 yamaha raptor 80
wheelie_boy
Supreme Member

Its Fast

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: October 14, 2006, 04:58:21 PM »

just another reminder it's coming up next weekend. anyone else going?

05 kx 250f
dnigels

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: October 15, 2006, 01:45:29 AM »

my buddy did it on a blaster and kept running out of gas. he said there were a bunch of drunks and they were all crashing into each other. he recomended doing the run on a ute, lots of mud

Slammed by drunks?  Sounds like a mosh pit.

'06 Yamaha 350 Wolverine
'06 Yamaha PW80
'07 Chevy Silverado 1500 Ext.cab
team_quad_green

Your gonna need SUM!!!!!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: October 15, 2006, 05:27:33 PM »

its not to bad anymore I didnt have any problems on the last 2 runs.

RANGER LIFE!
2012 polaris ranger  xp 800
walker evans limited editions
2007 honda rincon 680
2007 yamaha raptor 80
indianjoe
Supreme Member

Finally, ATVFlorida.com is here!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: October 17, 2006, 02:02:04 PM »

Big Nasty?Huh?Thats a sandwich isn't it?Huh

Glad to hear it has calmed down was there about 3 years ago and holy cow drunk fest, had to spend more time kept from getting hit by other atv's than worry about the course.

Unless they chaged it wheelie boy it is just the 20 mile sride, they could have added a race class though.
banana-man

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: October 18, 2006, 11:14:20 AM »

$40 to ride on a 20mi trail at night with drunk drivers, with lots of mud?  Sounds like a family event.  Why would anyone go.  There must be more to it than that?  I can go to ONF for free, and ride a 20 mi trail.
xr100racer

« Reply #12 on: October 18, 2006, 03:05:52 PM »

ill be going for my first time with a couple buddies who have been going the last three years. they let peole go in groups like the racers who are acctually trying to win, then like an hour later the families, then 4wd's, then etc. they do groups so people have a chance to make it through before it gets all torn up. then the last one which is any one 2wd or whatever leaves at i think like 8pm thats when most people go. (ill be going then) the last group is ussually the one you hear about causing problems with drinking. if you go with the last group i hear you wont get back untill 1-3am. there is a turn off at the 15mi (i think) mark before it gets into the serious mud. should be fun were gunna do the whole thing and camp the night. my tires are bald i dont know how im gunna make it. dont think its good for families, drunks and i hear there are a lot of beads distributed. heres the link, you had to get your paperwork in by the 13th if you wanted to go though.

http://www.apollomotorcycleclub.com/pumpkinrun/index.htm
450rutmaker

Lets go Ride!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: October 18, 2006, 04:58:09 PM »

If anyone know of one more pass I would really like it.  I kinda feel bad finding me a ticket and leaving my best bud behind.

07 Renegade 800 32 Silverbacks
BIGWORM3699 ( ECP RACING)
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #14 on: October 18, 2006, 05:12:18 PM »

If anyone know of one more pass I would really like it.  I kinda feel bad finding me a ticket and leaving my best bud behind.

Ahhh that cute.

East Coast Performance Mini Quad is your
Official Apex and DRR mini quad dealer, For your mini quad performance parts and tuning needs.
2013 polaris ranger camo
KINGQUAD, 29.5 outlaws,snorkled,rad. relocate, clutch mod.
APEX, stage6 RT 70, elka,mallosi overrange,PVL ign.
MOKAS

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: October 18, 2006, 08:15:41 PM »

most of you should know that ill be there on the old blaster..

KEETER, where does your sister live, i live right beside the handy way off of 44 & 415..

ttyl
-mokas-

MIKEMOKAS

'06 Polaris Sportsman 800 EFI,
2in front
Highlifter clutched
Highlifter reduced

'02 Sportsman 500HO -Traded-
2in front
26in PXT Take-Offs

00 Yamaha Blaster 67.75mm Wiseco Piston, and a couple other things... Gone but not forgotten..

'96 trail boss 250.. Gone and forgotten.
wheelie_boy
Supreme Member

Its Fast

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: October 20, 2006, 09:35:26 PM »

if anyone sees me feel free to say hi.

05 kx 250f
wheelie_boy
Supreme Member

Its Fast

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: October 21, 2006, 09:06:40 PM »

well my dad and i are just leaving. we got on the early ride and it took us about 2 hours.  as we were pulling out 2 ambulances, 3 police motorcycles, 2 cop cars and a helicopter coming in.  If you go on the early ride it is a great atmosphere and a lot of fun.

05 kx 250f
warrior nash

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: October 22, 2006, 11:02:05 AM »

guys last night was a blast. i took my wife , she had sooooo
much fun last night . were on our way down to the yamaha dealer to buy daddy a new 4x4 atv  , we got stuck at the big mess  on the track
lol my wife went down face first in the mud it was great.. if you didn't
go you missed a hell of a party.

2000 YAMAHA WARRIOR
qt314nfla

« Reply #19 on: October 22, 2006, 11:08:32 AM »

guys last night was a blast. i took my wife , she had sooooo
much fun last night . were on our way down to the yamaha dealer to buy daddy a new 4x4 atv  , we got stuck at the big mess  on the track
lol my wife went down face first in the mud it was great.. if you didn't
go you missed a hell of a party.

Glad y'all had a blast.  As for missing a hell of a party.  It cost me almost $400 to attend this event from where I relocated.  I've been there and had a blast but for $400 I can go on a cruise or drive out of state w/ some friends and have 4 days of partying.  It's an awesome event if you live less than a 4-5 hr drive.
MOKAS

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: October 22, 2006, 08:56:06 PM »

well my dad and i are just leaving. we got on the early ride and it took us about 2 hours.  as we were pulling out 2 ambulances, 3 police motorcycles, 2 cop cars and a helicopter coming in.  If you go on the early ride it is a great atmosphere and a lot of fun.

what time did you get into the trails and what trails did you take? did you see me? where you on your new brute froce? i think i saw you a couple of times but i dident know if it was you..? how old are you?

i went through the start at about 7:15 a sign said dry or wet i took wet.. another sight said wet or very wet i took wet (because i was alone) and i finshed right before 8:00..

if anyone took very wet, WAS IT THAT BAD???

you guys should post your pics up in the photo gallery..

ttyl
-mokas-
« Last Edit: October 22, 2006, 08:59:05 PM by MOKAS » Logged

MIKEMOKAS

2in front
Highlifter clutched
Highlifter reduced

2in front
26in PXT Take-Offs

00 Yamaha Blaster 67.75mm Wiseco Piston, and a couple other things... Gone but not forgotten..

wheelie_boy
Supreme Member

Its Fast

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #21 on: October 22, 2006, 09:00:30 PM »

what time did you get into the trails and what trails did you take?

i went through the start at about 7:15 a sign said dry or wet i took wet.. another sight said wet or very wet i took wet (because i was alone) and i finshed right before 8:00..

I left at about 5 30 and got off at about 7 30, took wet also. i was dissapointed with the wet trail. i thought it was going to be all wet and deep.  does anyone know what happened with the paramedics,cops, and helicopter?

05 kx 250f
MOKAS

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #22 on: October 22, 2006, 11:17:37 PM »

what time did you get into the trails and what trails did you take?

I left at about 5 30 and got off at about 7 30, took wet also. i was dissapointed with the wet trail. i thought it was going to be all wet and deep.  does anyone know what happened with the paramedics,cops, and helicopter?

yes, wet was a dissapointing for me too there was only the one kinda long hole..

so did you see me???

ttyl

MIKEMOKAS

2in front
Highlifter clutched
Highlifter reduced

2in front
26in PXT Take-Offs

xr100racer

« Reply #23 on: October 23, 2006, 07:09:35 PM »

eye burning dust was a little bad, took the very wet trail on a raptor and made it through on bald tires only having to rock it a couple times. my buddy on a kfx400 made it through w/o getting stuck once. there were a ton of people just sittin in one of the wet spots, i wonder if anyone on here saw me. i was off the bike pushing it in that spot when an 8 year old kid, no helmet, with his little sister on the back, driving a big ute like a foremen or a rincon hit me and drove over my legs and then ran into the back of my friends foremen with his g/f on the back and almost tipped it over. what looked to be his dad just sort of calmly said get over here. preety irresponsible. other than that it was a blast, probably going to the rabbit run in april
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Other Florida sites of interest: www.PinballShark.com