Home ATV Florida Forum ATV Florida Where to Ride? ATV Florida Links Advertise

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Morons at CROOM! WHY?  (Read 29808 times)
Loven It
Supreme Member

Finally! ATVFlorida.com is here!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #25 on: September 18, 2006, 11:13:11 AM »

Are there any ideas as to how we can let the rangers that we support them and want enforcement of the rules? I'll bet they would appreciate our support and do a better job of putting the rif-raf out.

Teej

First idea would be for the rangers to actually DO SOMETHING when they see the same crap the rest of us see out there.

Yesterday we were parked in the back area right next to the bathrooms - near the kids area. Not one but 2 different rangers were in the same area and watched the same damn thing. Thought for sure they were going to stop the kid.

So here comes this kid on a red honda, red and white helmet, fox chest protector with neon green on the middle front, I am not for certain but I think it was a 400ex. The person on it looked really little on it - I really hope him or HIS PARENTS (pretty sure he was a kid)are on this site to read this. This kid never once rode a trail the entire time we were there (12p-5p). I say that because we watched him and ALL he did was race up and down ON THE ROAD flinging dirt and rocks on peoples trucks (trying to roost his buddy that looked like a grown man) either way our truck was right there as well as several others!!! That makes me so angry  Angry. So a ranger comes around the corner and the kid almost plows into his truck...did the ranger even stop him. NO..HE DIDN'T SAY ONE WORD. We saw him have SEVERAL close calls with cars due to him zipping around how he was. Anyway more than one ranger saw this as he almost hit one not even joking, then passed the same one doing the same thing.

I watched this person the entire time waiting for him to go back to his vehicle to go over and talk to him or his parents and couldn't figure out who he was with. There were a few trucks in the general area and I couldn't tell who he was with. 

Croom is just getting to dangerous because of people like this...complain we loose it, do nothing about it someone gets hurts, we loose it.

99 Honda 400ex
01 Polaris Trailblazer
06 Honda 90cc
05 Kazuma 50cc

https://www.nationalmssociety.org//FLC/personal/default.asp?pa=52649935&pd=FLC0EMS120060429WWT
4fittyr

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #26 on: September 18, 2006, 11:31:24 AM »

went to croom this past weekend  everyone including myself  behaved themselves. i got crazy in the trails and the pit only because i payed $50 for my sticker and mainly the fact that i haven't ridin since no port shut down      sorry no pics because i just rode and rode to hit every trail in the place and came close to
doing it. rode from 7am - 8pm only breaking for lunch 30 min and occasionly refillin the camelbak, it was alittle hot but not dusty. today i'm feelin it

if u can't be good be good at it
450rcrazy

« Reply #27 on: September 18, 2006, 05:45:12 PM »

I was at croom fri-sun every day was perfect weather a little hot but hey we are in florida.saturday evening saw 2 guys drag racing right down croom road near the last parking area .Then on sunday saw some kid on a white z400 wearing a helmet with tigger ears and tail riding with total disregaurd for all others around him very wreakless almost was in three collisions in the twenty minutes I saw him .He would just start doing donuts in front of oncoming bikes sad thing is I belive his dad was with him and never said a word.doing donuts is fine but you should at least choose an appropriate location were there is no traffic.
sbripple

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #28 on: September 24, 2006, 07:41:53 AM »

you want to outlaw dirtbikes at croom? just shut up sbribble, every post ive ever read of yours offends someone else, and your always talking about, "well ill be out there drinking my beer." you talk about drinking and riding atvs so much its like you got to prove your cool and drink and ride. stop saying stupid s***
yes please stop it xr100  i say what i want and i never ask permission to say it ,,especially from imature litte kiddies. Kiss Kiss Wink
BradG47

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #29 on: October 02, 2006, 09:33:22 PM »

I posted a similar thread several months back.   I ride a Croom a ton, pretty much exclusively. 

I am being honest here and can say with certainty most crazy activity I see, ESPECIALLY way-loud exhaust and folks riding out-of-line are people riding sport quads with aftermarket exhausts.   I own 2 quads and three motorcycles that my entire family enjoy riding so I can say I am equally on both sides of the discussion.

I am confident that excessive noise is what ruins our riding opportunities here in Florida and across the nation.    Eliminate motorcycles from Croom?  That is pretty much never going to happen.   The entire place would close before they'd do that.  That facts are clear and are publically available.  Statistically motorcycles are considerably safer than four wheelers are so if statistics come into play it is quads that will be on the short end.

When I see people doing stupid stuff at Croom I nicely tell them to slow down, etc.   Loud pipes?   I would LOVE if the state of Florida would introduce a sound test and ENFORCE it.   
Captain The Morgan

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #30 on: October 02, 2006, 09:36:16 PM »

You think Loud pipes are dangerous?
SomBch

beer....its whats for dinner

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #31 on: October 02, 2006, 09:43:37 PM »

I would prefer a louder pipe so I can hear the clown before he hits me! Wink

THE DIFFERENCE BETWEEN GENIUS AND STUPID IS THAT GENIUS HAS ITS LIMITS.
RAD 450r
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #32 on: October 02, 2006, 09:51:55 PM »

Hey Brad maybe you should turn down your hearing aids  Laugh Laugh Tongue TongueLaugh Laugh......Im just Playing with you, But in all seriousness Some pipes are toooo loud, but they make me even more crazy when the idiot just rides around the parking and doesnt ride the real trails.  I do beleive though that loud pipes save accidents though.
« Last Edit: October 02, 2006, 09:59:14 PM by RAD 700r » Logged

XC FTR #28C
-KFX450R, Hipers
- Silver L
Teej

Finally, ATVFlorida.com is here!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #33 on: October 03, 2006, 07:03:04 AM »

I agree with the pipe noise issue. If you attend any zoning or commisioner meetings concerning new riding area or tracks, the number one reason opposition opponents argue is that they Do Not Want the noise in their area. If quads and bikes were a little quieter and riders were more responsible, we would have more riding oppotunities.

Take the new state law allowing ATV riding on some dirt roads. These are roads some residents use to their homes. I enjoy riding and hate not being able to ride where I want to. Where I used to live in N. Ft. Myers, our neighborhood had to pay someone to grade and care for our road. Well we had kids constantly riding our road and doing donuts over and over again until the road was gouged out. Some residents got pissed and called the law continually until the law started patroling and harassing riders. Here I was a resident paying for my roads care, riding ATV's with my famiy responsibly and I get stopped on my own road by the law because of irresponsible ATV riders.

But loud pipes in the wrong areas are an issue. I understand the power gains of louder pipes, but they need to be used in the correct riding areas.

Teej

Kawasaki 400 4x4 Prarie, Mine
Polaris 330 Trailboss, Wife's
Honda 250 Recon, Daughters
Kazuma 110 Falcon Mkll, Sons
Scramdaddy

Finally, ATVFlorida.com is here!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #34 on: October 03, 2006, 04:18:58 PM »

I'll catch hell for this but.......    race pipe=race track    Shocked

2004 Scrambler 500 4x4 .  Gen3usa.com
450rcrazy

« Reply #35 on: October 03, 2006, 05:56:03 PM »

LOUD PIPES SAVE LIVES
Eric5555
Supreme Member

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #36 on: October 07, 2006, 11:40:56 PM »

croom IS sooooooooo GOOD...i went there in the summer Grin

http://www.cashcrate.com/index.php?ref=237418

2007 kx250f
2006 kx250f
2003 rm250

FOR SALE:
2003 rm250
-MESSAGE ME
banana-man

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #37 on: October 08, 2006, 08:53:38 AM »

sbripple,
Maybe it was you or one of your friends this past weekend.  Big fat guy, covered in mud, little benie on his head for a helmet, riding a huge 4x4 quad, obviously intoxicated or just stupid. 

We have 7-8 people jumping over the back of this berm.  Adults like my self, all the way down to 2 little 7y/o.  We're single file in a line waiting as one goes and exits the jump area the next would go.  We'd been doing this for 30min at least.  This idiot cuts the next guy off (he has to lock them up not to hit this guy) and this guy tools over the jump, fugging it up for all behind him.   No worries, we smoothe out another jump a little beside the last one, and continue doing our thing.  This guy rides back and forth in the landing area, oblivious to anything around him, then leaves.  We continue doing our thing...without warning, he comes to the landing area and starts doing donuts, the guy on approach almost landed on him....this moron has a beer can holder on the side of his quad.
eldiablo64
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #38 on: October 08, 2006, 09:12:56 AM »

you shoulda roosted his dumbazz maybe he woulda got the hint!!

TAKE IT OUT AND PLAY WITH IT     AT THE  FLORIDAMOTOPLEX.com
UncleRico
Supreme Member

"Crazy, Insane?"

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #39 on: October 08, 2006, 09:50:20 AM »

Hit it in 5th and sail right over his beanie, tap your rear break to drop it even closer to his dome.

He'll get the picture.

UNLUCKY #13 RACING  "I want to thank my sponsors, Jack Cass Bail Bonds, The Cleveland Steamer Carpet Cleaner Company, The Rusty Trombone Pub, and Dirty Sanchez's Liquor and Check Cashing."
rangeral

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #40 on: November 24, 2006, 07:11:03 PM »

To BradG47 -

Thought you might want to know that starting next July Croom will begin taking decibel readings of all machines and any that test at over 96 decibels will not be allowed in.

Rangeral
450rcrazy

« Reply #41 on: November 24, 2006, 07:45:04 PM »

Thought you might want to know that starting next July Croom will begin taking decibel readings of all machines and any that test at over 96 decibels will not be allowed in.

next thing that needs to be done then is start 1 way trails.I many times have avoided serious collisions from blind spots by hearing someones loud exhaust comming my way and move to the side off the trail to avoid a head on.just my .02
Gato
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #42 on: November 24, 2006, 08:24:34 PM »

I think 1 way trails is an awesome Idea I don't ride croom to much it is too far a ride for me but would love to see this implemented if possible for safety of others from some morons

2008 Yamaha Rhino 700FI(camo)
2002 Arctic Cat 400i 4x4
2010 Arctic CAt 700 h1
bluesman
Supreme Member

03 ds650baja/03kfx 400/ 03kfx 450

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #43 on: November 28, 2006, 04:06:08 PM »

I dont have nothing against dirt bikes other than they make too much noise and go too fast.I think people that drive 4x4 s are usually slower drivers.I am just too old I guess .I just like to putt around and not have to worry about gettin run over.I am sure I am in the minority but I can live with that.you guys have fun just think about everyone else while you do it .
  maybe you should take up golf?Huh!!!!!!!
Old_School
Supreme Member

It ain't fast without mixed gas....

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #44 on: November 29, 2006, 10:08:52 AM »

Ya know every sport has their village idiot. It's not really their fault..... well some of it. But when all the riding areas are being shut down you increase you chances of having multiple idiots in a isolated area. More areas to ride will give Croom less people and some of those people are the village idiots. I'd like to see them enforce a noise level on Croom. Haha. I'd say 60% of the loud bikes/quads are 4 stroke. And since they don't make 2 strokes anymore you're total memembership is made up of loud bikes/quads.  They sound like a wet fart and as much as I hate the sound that idea would never fly and hope it never makes an attempt to either. -Mark

90' LT500R Quadzilla
Breathing fire and crushing cities

92' LT250R Quadracer
Some stuff done. 75+mph (Sold)

"When this baby hits 88 mph, you're gonna see some serious $%#!" - Christopher Lloyd
dnigels

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #45 on: November 29, 2006, 11:06:03 AM »

Ya know every sport has their village idiot. It's not really their fault..... well some of it. But when all the riding areas are being shut down you increase you chances of having multiple idiots in a isolated area. More areas to ride will give Croom less people and some of those people are the village idiots. I'd like to see them enforce a noise level on Croom. Haha. I'd say 60% of the loud bikes/quads are 4 stroke. And since they don't make 2 strokes anymore you're total memembership is made up of loud bikes/quads.  They sound like a wet fart and as much as I hate the sound that idea would never fly and hope it never makes an attempt to either. -Mark

Finally someone has articulated the connection between people who give the sport a bad name and the lack of legal riding areas.  It is a catch-22.  This is the toughest task to overcome in the name of ATV activism.

Well said Mark.  Thanks

'06 Yamaha 350 Wolverine
'06 Yamaha PW80
'07 Chevy Silverado 1500 Ext.cab
SkremenGSXR

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #46 on: May 13, 2007, 12:57:38 AM »

I wont ride with a helmet.I dont go fast enough for it to be necesary and its harder to drink my beer.ha

Not to be rude but I think I am much safer being on a sport bike going 60 than you are with no helmet and under the influance

SOOOOOO TRUUUUEEE!!!!!!!!   Wink

It's all fun and games til the red and blues come on, then it's a SPORT!
FoxHondaRider
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #47 on: May 13, 2007, 01:00:05 AM »

agreed about the whoops.  all it takes is a simple machine WHICH CROOM HAS!  they used it a few times to smooth the trails to cut it off for a service road.

2004 Honda 400EX
If you can beat me i'll tell you whats done
mongo

Stupid Hurts

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #48 on: June 24, 2007, 05:17:24 PM »

Well, probably not a popular opinion, but Croom is great!!! The old Park "hag" Manager left back in the beginning of the year and since then the place is starting to get some much needed TLC. Don't Dis the Park Rangers, they can only do so much and maintain what the HAVE To do.

For the most part, if you see someone doing something really stupid that endangers others, if you let them know they will do something about it. 

They have been grooming trails a lot lately (not going to say where because I don't want them to get all whooped out again) and they are sprucing up the campground in a week or so.

I have two bikes and one quad. I don't care who rides what and I think it is the attitude of the rider, not what he rides that makes the difference.

My PET PEAVE: Quads (or motorcycles) doing donuts in the pit, main road, parking lot or campground just going round and round and round..........most of the time it is so dusty out there you make it where you can taste the dirt for days, and you idiots that think donuts are cool are the ones that suck.........my opinion.......

Honda CRF 250x
Honda CRF 150
Honda CRF 230F
Suzuki RM 125 (144)

Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming...
WOW--What a Ride!
FoxHondaRider
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #49 on: June 24, 2007, 06:31:02 PM »

I take trails that are perfectly flat and basically untouched everytime i go.  You just have to know where they are and not to tell everyone hey here is the smooth trail ruin it.

2004 Honda 400EX
If you can beat me i'll tell you whats done
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Other Florida sites of interest: www.PinballShark.com