Home ATV Florida Forum ATV Florida Where to Ride? ATV Florida Links Advertise

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: ok i have some questions. Grizzly Bear please help.  (Read 3737 times)
Fox17
Supreme Member

Go Gators!!

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« on: August 30, 2006, 09:22:04 PM »

ok we are thinkin of comin to the big group ride on the 30th. i need to know everything we need.

like:
green stickers
money
everything i might need to know to come and ride
and directions or an address to where to park and ill google map it.
IT200

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: August 31, 2006, 02:31:35 AM »

ok we are thinkin of comin to the big group ride on the 30th. i need to know everything we need.

like:
green stickers
money
everything i might need to know to come and ride
and directions or an address to where to park and ill google map it.

As far as I know a proof of ownership will probably be OK for now. But you should go through the process of getting the green stickers as they will be mandatory very soon. There will be no costs associated with this ride. You should bring plenty of water to drink and whatever food you might want to eat. As for directions it says in your profile that your in brevard county. So from there go north on I95 untill you reach HWY 40 which is around the daytona beach area. Head west on hwy 40 until you reach HWy 19 go north on hwy 19 until you reach the town of Salt Springs. When you see Elite camp ground on the left look for HWY 316 just past the campground. Go west on 316 until you reach forest rd 88 go north on 88 until you see the sign for the seed orchard turn to the east there. Thats where we will start from.

Polaris 500 4x4
Yamaha Warrior
Yamaha Timberwolf 4x4
Suzuki DRZ 400
tallyt

Finally! ATVFlorida.com is here!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: August 31, 2006, 05:29:28 AM »

the process of the green stickers was easier than i thought, went to the lake county tax collectors office to tag a new trailer, asked about the sticker and they give them to you free now. Didnt have to pay the$2.10. But is there a certain area you have to put it on the atv.thanks for any info.
GrizzlyBear
Supreme Member

ONFA President, Florida OHV Rec Committee Member

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: August 31, 2006, 08:10:40 AM »

Stickers go on the drivers side, if it were a car, on the rear fender.  While IT200 is right, there is no cost, but we could use your support, and would like you to join ONFA.  We expect to have TV coverage, and it would be great if we could have as many people as possible in our green shirts.

Terry

2006 Rhino Special Edition
2006 Grizzly 660
2003 Raptor 660 (son)
2003 Yamaha Kodiak

www.onfa.org
Fox17
Supreme Member

Go Gators!!

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: August 31, 2006, 10:34:33 AM »

if we come we are gonna join the onfa but i was wonderin bout parkin and gate fees and all that stuff. so the green stickers have to go on the left rear fender? and the tag office has them? 
GrizzlyBear
Supreme Member

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: August 31, 2006, 10:45:03 AM »

Yes, stickers on left rear fender.  NO GATE FEES OR COSTS.  There should be parking for 200 vehicles with trailers. Tag office has stickers.
« Last Edit: August 31, 2006, 10:47:20 AM by GrizzlyBear » Logged

2006 Grizzly 660
2003 Raptor 660 (son)
2003 Yamaha Kodiak

www.onfa.org
Fox17
Supreme Member

Go Gators!!

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: August 31, 2006, 10:50:18 AM »

ok thanks.

o one other thing. can we join onfa there? or do we have to do it before? and can i get the address to the place we are meeting?
« Last Edit: August 31, 2006, 10:57:07 AM by Fox17 » Logged
JR

Finally, ATVFlorida.com is here!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: August 31, 2006, 11:08:30 AM »

It appears from the Division of Motor Vehicles document and the Tax Collectors office that Vehicles purchased before 7/01/02 are treated diferently from those purchased after that date.  Vehicles not already titled must be titled at $37.25 before being stickered. It will be interesting to see if any of these new Taxes are ever used to support OHV riding area purchase and improvement as intended.
GrizzlyBear
Supreme Member

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: August 31, 2006, 01:10:08 PM »

You can join at the ride if you want.  However, if you want to stay at Lake DeLancy campground for free, you will need to join via paypal by Sept 23rd.  That way I can let the campground host know who is coming.  The meeting point is at the OHV Center on Forest Road 88, about 3 miles north of Hwy 316.

2006 Grizzly 660
2003 Raptor 660 (son)
2003 Yamaha Kodiak

www.onfa.org
ATV KawaMan

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: August 31, 2006, 01:47:22 PM »

OK Mr. GrizzlyBear a few more questions for ya ! Is the new trail across the street from the OHV Operations Center ? Is it mapped out on line yet? Will one tank of gas on a 360 Kawasaki Prairie make the full trip ? I noticed that the gate at your Operation center is closed to the public, after this event will you allow parking outside of the locked gate for this trail ? Long long is the full ride and the time it will take ? Any shade at thre OHV Operations Center. I did visit the Lake Delancy camp ground last weekend. It is nice but not allot of room. Five deer ran in front of me and my wife 1:30Pm in the afternoon NICE !

Always looking for a group ride or road trip to a new trail
GrizzlyBear
Supreme Member

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: August 31, 2006, 02:15:55 PM »

Across the street, and up the hill is the longleaf trail that runs north and South. One long ride of 29+ miles will go north on the longleaf trail (yellow) the sport ATV's will go straight ahead to the pipeline and tobacco patch trails (35+ miles. One ride, probably with kids will go south on the longleaf(about 12 miles. Depending on which ride yo go on, I believe you could make it.  Maybe even on any of them.  The trails will have 7 trailheads built for parking.  Until they are ready,, you can still stay at the Campground, park at Rodman, and there will be temporary parking in other spots. I will have to check on parking across from the OHV Center.  The rides will leave from 9:30 to 10 am, could take you anywhere from 1-3 hours.  I am working on getting an ATV dealer to bring new units to display in return for providing hot dogs and sodas for lunch.  You can also just ride on your own. There is no shade where the parking will be, but if we get the food, it will be in a shaded area.  There will be 2 porti potti's.  We know the campground is limited, therefore, join early so we can make sure you have room.  Check the post for the map link.

2006 Grizzly 660
2003 Raptor 660 (son)
2003 Yamaha Kodiak

www.onfa.org
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Other Florida sites of interest: www.PinballShark.com