Home ATV Florida Forum ATV Florida Where to Ride? ATV Florida Links Advertise

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: ONF Trail System on Labor Day  (Read 3383 times)
JR

Finally, ATVFlorida.com is here!

View Profile

Ignore
« on: August 29, 2006, 08:45:58 AM »

Any one have plans to ride the new trail system on Labor Day Monday.  We are thinking about heading over with a group of 4 to 6 quads and exploring some more of the new trails.  Will have some young riders with us mostly utilities, probably a slower trail ride.
backinsaddle

« Reply #1 on: August 29, 2006, 10:49:34 AM »

We'll be there this weekend with young kids, just not sure which day of the weekend we'll ride.  I'll keep watching the post
hornyrhino

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: September 01, 2006, 04:25:10 PM »

I went and rode the Hog Valley trail this morning. Overall it was a good ride no problems and despite heavy clouds and even thunder a few times we never saw rain.  The trail is very similar to the trails around big scrub. Several trees had fallen and had to be moved from the trail to become passable especially for sport bikes and kids.The trail was dry and had very little mud. I must say it is marked very well and not hard to follow. The only complaint I have is that alot of sections really arent cleared out enough. These are sections that are either new trails that were just cut or trails that have had very little use over the recent years. I guess they will get better with time and use...Anyhow anyone coming up this weekend thats interested I should be back up that way ready to tackle a new trail Grin

06 Rhino
lots of goodies added
honda guy250

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: September 01, 2006, 04:32:35 PM »

i might be there, gonna be at rodman in a burgandy dodge 4x4, someone stop and say hi if u see me, id like to finally meet some people from the site and put some faces to names
hornyrhino

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: September 01, 2006, 04:58:56 PM »

Im pretty sure im gonna park at delancy west campground and ride out of there on Sat....
I should have a group of 4 machines round up. 1 camo rhino and 3 suzuki quads, wave me down for a cold drink and to say hello if you see me  Grin   Jason/Hornyrhino

06 Rhino
lots of goodies added
ATV KawaMan

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: September 01, 2006, 05:48:48 PM »

Where is Rodman Dam ? I was out there last week looking for it. I was told it's on the dirt road 77 east of 88 !

Always looking for a group ride or road trip to a new trail
hornyrhino

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: September 01, 2006, 05:53:32 PM »

Where is Rodman Dam ? I was out there last week looking for it. I was told it's on the dirt road 77 east of 88 !

actually if your at the intersection of FR77 & FR88 you would go north on 88 and theres the pit, the resevoir is just beyond that...here are the approximate #s to find the Longleaf Trailhead at the Rodman Resevoir

29'  30.060N   

081'  48.955W
« Last Edit: September 01, 2006, 06:00:17 PM by hornyrhino » Logged

06 Rhino
lots of goodies added
Ida_Mann
Supreme Member

Location: There may be times when we are powerless to prevent injustice, but there must never be a time when we fail to protest.

I own and wear a purple sombrero

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: September 01, 2006, 08:08:43 PM »

I'm gonna try to get out there tomorrow at Rodman,,,probably about 11:30 - noon ish to start riding.

Id@

this is what I'll be in with a Red Honda 400EX in the back,,,,without the trailer you see in the pic.

Id@ M@nn

www.facebook.com/IdaShotMe
'99 Honda 400EX ATP'd (quietly making noise)
'02 Honda Foreman Rubicon
'00 Honda TRX90
8 X 20 Enclosed hauler/camper
"Show me a smooth operation and I'll show you someone who is hiding mistakes, real boats rock."
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Other Florida sites of interest: www.PinballShark.com