Home ATV Florida Forum ATV Florida Where to Ride? ATV Florida Links Advertise

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 19 20 21 22 23 [24] 25 26 27 28   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: new sand drag track  (Read 202374 times)
tribal_shee

Finally, ATVFlorida.com is here!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #575 on: December 02, 2006, 12:58:31 AM »

can't we all just get along Huh Huh haven't even had the first race and the way it's going we might not have one. Smoke is deffinately right though as far as officers and voting. Everyone has their own opinions and if you want this thing to go everyone needs to speak their mind then vote on topics! Jeff this has to be looked at like a professional bussiness not a couple of buddies racing each other or that's all you will have literally. like I said before if you let alcohol and overrides in the kids class you won't have one. majority of the parents aren't gonna have bikes like that for their kids or they won't even want to try to race cause they won't have a chance, and that's besides the saftey factor so you add all that up and what you have is your 2 buddies chris and terries kid racing each other. You have to remember the atv drag racing world is VERY SMALL and we need to promote it safely to get more people involved especially kids cause if they get excited about racing you know most parents will do what it takes to get something for them to race but now your saying that in order to start racing you have to have a full drag bike on alky or you might as well sit and watch! can you say small turn out! remember bussiness not friends and you do what will get the most people involved unfortunately it seems like in reallity there are only 4 or 5 of us that really care what happens with any of this cause there have only been a couple of us voice our opinion about things. Kinda makes me wonder  Huh  If there are other people that read this site and have kids or are going to race don't be scared, grow some balls and speak up. These things are going to affect you too if you plan on racing. we need imput other than me ,Troy,Don,Smoke,Matt,and Jeff Cool

'91 banshee completely redone,lightened frame,cub motor, drag pipes = fast as hell
'94 warrior completely redone
'04 Grizzly w/ 29.5" outlaw tires,lift,snorkels,clutch kit,exhaust& jet kit
'04 450 Kodiak w/28" outlaw tires
blupits04
Supreme Member

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #576 on: December 02, 2006, 02:09:34 AM »

well I only met a few of you .this is Jody by the way.I have my bike about 90% done right now so I could come race with ya'll but I'll tell ya right now if you have kids that young no matter how well they can handle the quad there on ,one wreck at the trac with a death or any major accident that causes media attention and chances are you want be racing there anymore. I think you should get together a small group to work out all the problem to make sure that ever aspect of the race can be made as safe as possible. (jeff,troy,don,jason,frank)I know all of ya'll are very serious about the races--why dont just ya'll meet the first time and kinda get organized on what each one of ya'll think should be a concern .then set up some kind of base rules to start off with.and I'll tell ya right now before the track was ever started the first thing that should have been the biggest concern is safety for a rider that is 6 yrs old all the way to 80.if you put a young kid on a 100hp quad with alky he might could ride it and he might win a bunch but how long will it be before he gets brave enough and cocky that he starts to become dangerous or taking chances and gets himself or somebody else hurt.I'd like to race with ya'll but it'll haft to be safety first.

Smoknbanshee
Supreme Member

When the green light drops, all bull$hit stops!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #577 on: December 02, 2006, 08:38:16 AM »

listen guys, I want to see everyone race too, but I want it to happen in a safe manner.  I am going to give a really really good example and hopefully tony will get on here and back my statement up.  Last month at waresboro, tony had a pretty nasty pass on the purple bike.  It looked it started crow hopping and then got lose and took a turn to the left lane.  Well tony backed out of it and saved it, but it was very close.  Close enough, Leigh probably had to throw is underwear away.  Now, my best judgement would tell me that a kid would not have the experience or reaction to save it like tony.  Now I have never rode a sub 4 second drag bike, but let me tell you this, I just don't go jump on it and roll out.  I know I come across as being an a$$hole about this, but I just don't want to see anyone get hurt.  I have no intentions of pi$$ing anyone off, I just want to see this track successful and ran in a professional manner and to do that you have to set friendship aside and make decisions accordingly.  This is a great way to look at it, for all the kids out there that are 14 and 15, they only have to wait a year or two and then they can race.  Instead of letting them race now and one getting hurt and never being able to race again.  I PROMISE YOU THIS, if you do let kids ride unlimited HP bikes and one gets hurt, it is your conscience and heart that has to deal with it.

Team FBI (Florida Boy's Inc.)
A$$ Crack Racing
Choke on my Smoke!
dynodon
Supreme Member

Ocala racing team

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #578 on: December 02, 2006, 09:08:21 AM »

Well put, Lupo, Jodi< and Smokie!!!
I was a little upset last night. I am not wanting this to get into a pissing match, I am just concerned about the SAFETY of everyone ( kids especially).
When Jeff and I talked about this in the beginning, we agreed that we would be taking votes on everything ( as a club) which is what I thought we were still doing.

Here is an example:  Little man Jerry, was over a few nights ago. He sat on my nike almost the whole time he was here, and kept asking if I could do something for him to be able to ride my bike in the races. I said NO-WAY is that gonna happen !!! ( even though mine is only a "little" 4 mil".)
I am not saying that he couldnt handle it, I just dont want that on my conscience if something were to happen. And again, if you let one you have to let all. Believe me if it is gonna be aloud, his daddy will get a bike of that caliber for him to ride as well.

If these kids are gonna be aloud to run like that,     
I AM OUT !!!!!!, anyone interested in a full drag bike, with custom airbrush work With matching helmet, ridgid chassis, billet everything, lock up, billet basket,39 alky carbs, out of frame pipes, 1-5 over ride, JJ& A axle, chrome wheelie bar, paddles and pro wedges.   10K

[attachment deleted by admin]
« Last Edit: December 02, 2006, 09:16:42 AM by dynodon » Logged

The " Black Pearl "
No, you dont want NONE of it
dynodon
Supreme Member

Ocala racing team

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #579 on: December 02, 2006, 09:13:19 AM »

helmet,      Theme "pirates of the carribean"

The " Black Pearl "
dynodon
Supreme Member

Ocala racing team

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #580 on: December 02, 2006, 09:13:51 AM »

the other side , I also have a `02 continental cargo 32` enclosed goose neck race trailer black, white roof, wired on both sides with lights in rear , wired for ac ( but not there) 100 amp breaker box, lead cord to power trailer up, front is finished with white aluminum , rear has two 10` E track on floor to secure quads, 5,500.00

« Last Edit: December 02, 2006, 09:22:08 AM by dynodon » Logged

The " Black Pearl "
tribal_shee

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #581 on: December 02, 2006, 09:49:31 AM »

don't get exteme on us Don. We just need to have that meeting and go from there. If after that it stays the same where one person makes decisions than we deffinately will have issues, but we need to make decisions as a group and then one person (Jeff) needs to enforce them for everybody. there can't be any favorites in this everybody treated the same and noone will feel that they are mistreated. some my not like some rules but it will be what's best for the track not one or two people. no different than being a boss at a job.You guys have already put alot of time & money in your bikes and the track and we need a track in Florida. this is why we need to get along and work it out. we need to grow the sport not kill it.  Cool
« Last Edit: December 02, 2006, 09:52:08 AM by tribal_shee » Logged

'91 banshee completely redone,lightened frame,cub motor, drag pipes = fast as hell
535banshee
Supreme Member

Finally! ATVFlorida.com is here!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #582 on: December 02, 2006, 12:45:32 PM »

i just talked to carl from ga. and we had a long talk about this subject. him and i both think it would be best just to run the same rules that he has. this way people can run both tracks without having to change their bikes around all the time.
this meeting we are having is not just for classes and rules. we have alot of things that have to be worked out. don has a good list that he will be bring that needs to be gone over.
IF YOU DONT NOT HAVE A DRIVERS LICENCE YOU CANT NOT RUN A OUTLAW CLASS. IF YOU ARE 15YRS OLD AND HAVE A LICENCE YOU CAN RUN A 400CC BIKE IN THE OUT LAW CLASS NO BIGGER UNTIL YOU ARE 16.
IF YOU ARE 14 AND WANT TO RUN A OUTLAW CLASS WELL.......
                                  TO BAD!!!!!!!!
some people on here misunderstood me when i said kids class. i was not talking about little kids class. the little guys cant run alky and cant run overrides.
lets all just show up to this meeting and talk about all this and get it worked out.
i am building this track so everyone can have a place to race in Florida and have a good time. lets not turn this into a pissing match and ruin a good thing we have going on here.
535banshee
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #583 on: December 02, 2006, 12:49:49 PM »

don't get exteme on us Don. We just need to have that meeting and go from there. If after that it stays the same where one person makes decisions than we deffinately will have issues, but we need to make decisions as a group and then one person (Jeff) needs to enforce them for everybody. there can't be any favorites in this everybody treated the same and noone will feel that they are mistreated. some my not like some rules but it will be what's best for the track not one or two people. no different than being a boss at a job.You guys have already put alot of time & money in your bikes and the track and we need a track in Florida. this is why we need to get along and work it out. we need to grow the sport not kill it.  Cool
lupo i coudnt have said it better. lets just get threw this and start racing. i need to worry about how i can beat you all and finishing the track. not about this stuff Grin
cutngrs
Supreme Member

PUT UP $$$ OR SHUT THE HELL UP

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #584 on: December 02, 2006, 11:14:13 PM »

ok the hooters is just west of 75 in brandon      sat the  9th   600pm  like i said befor   man up and get your hallpass
« Last Edit: December 03, 2006, 10:01:42 PM by cutngrs » Logged

THE ORANGE CRUSH BANSHEE  
WWW.MYBANSHEE/IS/FASTER/THAN/YOURS.COM
IF YOU WANT TO RUN WITH THE BIG DOGS GIVE US A CALL
Skully

I Wanna Fo Fast............

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #585 on: December 03, 2006, 03:15:01 PM »

Actually, the Hooters is just WEST of I-75 on Hwy 60 in Brandon.

tribal_shee

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #586 on: December 03, 2006, 03:32:13 PM »

yep west of 75 on corner of falkenburg and 60. good place to meet  Wink

Chillinthemost
Supreme Member

Git it rag

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #587 on: December 03, 2006, 04:52:49 PM »

When is this meeting? I dont have a drag bike but I do like Hooters.
 Don, do you have any pics of that trailer? I need a bigger trailer.

YFZ  FTR B-Open  #12
Chillin Jr. FTR Super Pee A #12
535banshee
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #588 on: December 03, 2006, 06:13:20 PM »

first off a would like to thank everyone that helped today at the track. a big thanks to bobby with bobby's bobcat service for bring his manchine and hauling the trencher and 750ft of pipe out to the track. man we worked our a$$es off today. we laid all the pipe for the electric and for the stand and timing system. we laid all 750ft of pipe today. we also ran the cable from pole to pole for the banners and win lights. we will have to sets of win lights at the track. one set will hang above each lane for people to see and one set 100ft from the finish line for the racers to see.the track is coming together now and i just cant wait to go racing soon.
 here is a pic of us putting in the 4'' pipe going out to the start line

535banshee
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #589 on: December 03, 2006, 06:16:45 PM »

ok guys less talk more work. i know they are not getting paid but i am a hard a$$. lol

535banshee
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #590 on: December 03, 2006, 06:19:12 PM »

thanks to united rentals for all the free equipment. this really made putting up the cable real easy.

535banshee
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #591 on: December 03, 2006, 06:26:42 PM »

you can see the two cables in this pic. we are going to run some down cables from the top of the poles to the ground to keep the poles straight. right now they lean in from the cables being pulled tight. when we put these cables on the poles it will pull the cables tight again.

535banshee
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #592 on: December 03, 2006, 06:33:19 PM »

this is the boxes we used for the 4'' and 2'' pipes come together. i still need to put some of these in where the 2'' pipes meet each other for the sensors

535banshee
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #593 on: December 03, 2006, 06:39:33 PM »

you can see in the pic somes pipes coming out of the ground. some are for 60ft sensors and others for stage and prestage. the sensors will run on the outside of the track so tony cant hit them Grin
 this pic shows 60ft sensor pipes.

535banshee
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #594 on: December 03, 2006, 06:42:29 PM »

other side of track 60ft sensor

535banshee
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #595 on: December 03, 2006, 06:47:12 PM »

last one. you can only look at some many pic of pipes coming out of the ground.

tribal_shee

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #596 on: December 03, 2006, 08:29:15 PM »

jeff looks good, Did you move start line back from tnt day or is it still same area? If so I hope that stand works you don't think once people start staging that they will block the view Huh all I remember is the water tank was pretty good distance from start line and it looks like the stand is right next to it

dynodon
Supreme Member

Ocala racing team

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #597 on: December 03, 2006, 08:37:55 PM »

Lupo, I know that the stand and water tank are at the end of the track now. If you were to cross over the track as you come in, the stand would be on your right hand side

The " Black Pearl "
535banshee
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #598 on: December 03, 2006, 09:45:04 PM »

staging

dynodon
Supreme Member

Ocala racing team

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #599 on: December 03, 2006, 09:48:02 PM »

You are confusing me !!!!, tha stand  sits at the very end of the track, looking straight down it

The " Black Pearl "
Pages: 1 ... 19 20 21 22 23 [24] 25 26 27 28   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Other Florida sites of interest: www.PinballShark.com