Home ATV Florida Forum ATV Florida Where to Ride? ATV Florida Links Advertise

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 19 20 21 [22] 23 24 25 26 27 28   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: new sand drag track  (Read 202619 times)
cutngrs
Supreme Member

PUT UP $$$ OR SHUT THE HELL UP

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #525 on: November 28, 2006, 05:20:47 PM »

you must   not have any kids of your own this  is strickly about safty   not about winning and losing   there is a right way  to do things and safty for kids comes first   .....

THE ORANGE CRUSH BANSHEE  
WWW.MYBANSHEE/IS/FASTER/THAN/YOURS.COM
IF YOU WANT TO RUN WITH THE BIG DOGS GIVE US A CALL
dynodon
Supreme Member

Ocala racing team

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #526 on: November 28, 2006, 06:47:56 PM »

Regardless of what may seem fair to you, the state law says that any child under the age of 16 cannot ride a atv that is over (I believe) 150cc. If a child was to get injured on a outlaw bike, what do you think will happen Huh

Just because someone is willing to spend the $$$ on a drag bike , doesnt mean that they are capable of SAFELY riding it. This is NOT a matter of someone not wanting to get beat by a kid, This is a LIABILITY, and SAFETY issue here. I know alot of 13 year olds that can drive a car, does that give them the ok to drive one on the roads?? I feel that they are capable, so that means they can right ?!?!

This track is going to have to " cater" to the wants, and needs of the majority of the riders and racers. Which I know most are concerned about safety, so will not run against a child of that age !! I witnessed first hand a KID that can ride like a MO-FO get seriously injured on a drag bike. That track will not allow any rider under the age of 18 on an outlaw bike.
I do personally feel that these few  talented kids should be allowed to make
( test and tune passes) to get seat time, but only they are on the track at that particular time. This will get them ready, with seat time to run when they are of age

The " Black Pearl "
No, you dont want NONE of it
dynodon
Supreme Member

Ocala racing team

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #527 on: November 28, 2006, 07:59:20 PM »

Well, Lets here some dates that would work for the rest of you out there!!!

The " Black Pearl "
535banshee
Supreme Member

Finally! ATVFlorida.com is here!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #528 on: November 28, 2006, 08:06:58 PM »

i have to agree with both parties here. talked to insurance company today and they said they dont have a age limit on racers. only rules they have is no three wheelers and no dirt bikes. i still think the age limit of 13 is o.k with me, but you still cant run anything bigger than 400cc. i think 15 and older can run a 400cc to a 550cc bike. both parents will have to sign the form still until they are 16 no matter what.
« Last Edit: November 28, 2006, 08:09:09 PM by 535banshee » Logged
methyman

Fastest TRX250R in SW FL

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #529 on: November 28, 2006, 08:07:43 PM »

Weekend is kewl for me. Next weekend might be ok!

Chillinthemost
Supreme Member

Git it rag

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #530 on: November 28, 2006, 08:08:26 PM »

It does suck getting beat by a kid Cry
 This kid is fast,

Git it Lil RAG

Age limits are for safety. I personaly feel that under 16 should be on under 300 cc machines...example blasters, 300ex, 250ex, etc. Are there some kids that can handle larger machines? Of course there are but you have to have rules for the majority. My son is only 5 and rides a modified 90 really well, but in the FTR XC races he has to ride a stock 50 until he turns 6. Rules is rules.

YFZ  FTR B-Open  #12
Chillin Jr. FTR Super Pee A #12
535banshee
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #531 on: November 28, 2006, 08:10:32 PM »

how old is he
dynodon
Supreme Member

Ocala racing team

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #532 on: November 28, 2006, 08:24:40 PM »

Jeff, Thats "little man" Jerry Corne. I believe he is 13.
Chillin, YES the boy can ride, but he is on a 4 poker which is allowable for him to ride. Going on what Matt has suggested here , we have already gone to a higher cc than that!!!!
 We discussed allowing up to a 400cc two stroke, and 450 cc four stroke.
Yes, Rules are rules, which is what we need to get straightened out from the word go. But REMEMBER there are only a hand full of young riders we are talking about here, which are NOT the majority of racers

The " Black Pearl "
535banshee
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #533 on: November 28, 2006, 08:38:54 PM »

i will be talking to dave and his wife on wensday about this matter. they want a say in this because it is thier insurance and thier park. i will let you know what comes out of this meeting.
Smoknbanshee
Supreme Member

When the green light drops, all bull$hit stops!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #534 on: November 28, 2006, 09:18:25 PM »

we can sit here and debate this $hit on this internet for YEARS.....Bottom line, the club needs to ELECT OFFICERS first, then the officers set the rules with the assistance of C&R motorsports.  I say we have another fun day and then you can have a good turn out and that is when you nominate people for officers and let the good times begin. 

If I was soo scared of getting beat, I sure wouldn't go up to GA and race tony.  I got 50 lbs. easy on tony, and I will go heads up any day of the week.  You name it.

Team FBI (Florida Boy's Inc.)
A$$ Crack Racing
Choke on my Smoke!
tribal_shee

Finally, ATVFlorida.com is here!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #535 on: November 29, 2006, 01:57:49 AM »

wicked's just mad cause he don't have a banshee that runs faster than a 5.0 Cheesy Cheesy I'm deffinately not worried about getting beat. everybody gets beat. I'm worried about someone getting hurt! anyway this weekend, next whatever, we need to do it real soon cause christmas is coming and it's only gonna get harder for people to get away and before you know it it'll be february and still no racing Cry Angry
    and smoke dawg you don't want none of little man Tony Roni. He'll lay it down on ya so fast you won't know what hit ya. you might have done well in the 4.20 class but that's not nothing to brag about Shocked  Tony was running his 350 in it and was trying to keep from breaking out against that 7 mill cub. Tongue at least you didn't have to worry about that you could run wide open and still wouldn't break out Tongue HEHEHEHE Cheesy Shocked Sorry cut have to mess with your boy. Smoke you need to come to the meeting!
 old Lupo's putting the beast back together. Gonna call this one bits and pieces Cheesy Cheesy got parts from everywhere Shocked  gonna see how many aftermarket drag bikes we can load on the trailer with this stock frame bike. If the track works good this badboys gonna be hard to beat. It should be in the 3's consistant and already done it with a bone stock frame so you all better be tuning your ass off cause we coming for the first track record Shocked Shocked  you guys are gonna be scratching your heads saying how the hell is that bike so fast!!!
« Last Edit: November 29, 2006, 02:01:15 AM by tribal_shee » Logged

'91 banshee completely redone,lightened frame,cub motor, drag pipes = fast as hell
'94 warrior completely redone
'04 Grizzly w/ 29.5" outlaw tires,lift,snorkels,clutch kit,exhaust& jet kit
'04 450 Kodiak w/28" outlaw tires
535banshee
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #536 on: November 29, 2006, 08:09:36 AM »

man i cant wait for the first race. the talk is going to get real good. we are going to have a heavy hitters class for you fat a$$es so tony cant beat us all the time. i am think 190lbs+ to enter. man i cant wait for smoke to come back from that one! remember florida boys will have one up on GA.boys this time. HOME TRACK!!!!!!!!
Smoknbanshee
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #537 on: November 29, 2006, 11:49:39 AM »

lupo, let me put it this way....i put that new motor and brian armstrong bike that you and frank built on the trailer in the 4.20 index class letting out at 200 ft rolling through the beams with a 4.48.  Now I didn't ever want to bring that out, because I know frank will blow up about it, but you started it.  Yeah tony got me in the last round by a tire, because I was all over the track, and he didn't let out.  75% of the passes in the 4.20 index class I backed out the throttle at 200 or 250 ft.  Oh and that was the first time that 7 mill had ever been to Waresboro and it didn't spend a few months up there with Toni, so he could get it right.  Just bring that bits and pieces bike on down to C&R and get some. 

Yeah your bike went up there and ran 3.8's, but heck toni already had the chassis set up where it needed to be.  Same thing with hazelhurst, you went 3.99, but toni already had that chassis right too.  Say what you want, but until you build a bike and do something without leaving it in GA or throwing your motor in a chassis that is tuned by a GA boy for a GA track, then you can come on here and talk.

A$$ Crack Racing
Choke on my Smoke!
cutngrs
Supreme Member

PUT UP $$$ OR SHUT THE HELL UP

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #538 on: November 29, 2006, 12:00:48 PM »

lupo, let me put it this way....i put that new motor and brian armstrong bike that you and frank built on the trailer in the 4.20 index class letting out at 200 ft rolling through the beams with a 4.48.  Now I didn't ever want to bring that out, because I know frank will blow up about it, but you started it.  Yeah tony got me in the last round by a tire, because I was all over the track, and he didn't let out.  75% of the passes in the 4.20 index class I backed out the throttle at 200 or 250 ft.  Oh and that was the first time that 7 mill had ever been to Waresboro and it didn't spend a few months up there with Toni, so he could get it right.  Just bring that bits and pieces bike on down to C&R and get some. 

Yeah your bike went up there and ran 3.8's, but heck toni already had the chassis set up where it needed to be.  Same thing with hazelhurst, you went 3.99, but toni already had that chassis right too.  Say what you want, but until you build a bike and do something without leaving it in GA or throwing your motor in a chassis that is tuned by a GA boy for a GA track, then you can come on here and talk.

bits and pices thats a good name right there  just remember its  got a  little of the orange crush in now 
 but its all good    lupo did all his own tunning   i  think   so iam shore we will have are hand full   it should be a blast at the first race track records will be made  and hole lot trash talking     Cool

THE ORANGE CRUSH BANSHEE  
WWW.MYBANSHEE/IS/FASTER/THAN/YOURS.COM
IF YOU WANT TO RUN WITH THE BIG DOGS GIVE US A CALL
535banshee
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #539 on: November 29, 2006, 04:08:29 PM »

did tony ever get that bike to run those numbers again?

Smoknbanshee
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #540 on: November 29, 2006, 04:29:16 PM »

that motor was never put back in that bike.  It went to the bench at lupo's house.  Frank got a 10 mill from Nate McCoy and that is the motor that is in the bike now.  No it has not run those #'s again.  The purple gorilla motor that Rodney has in the purple frame is the bike that has the track record at hazelhurst.  In my eyes the track record in waresboro will be owned by the purple bike soon too.

A$$ Crack Racing
Choke on my Smoke!
dynodon
Supreme Member

Ocala racing team

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #541 on: November 29, 2006, 06:23:22 PM »

So lets hear what happened today with Dave from CR motorsports

The " Black Pearl "
tribal_shee

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #542 on: November 29, 2006, 07:05:23 PM »

little smokey knows nothing about what he talks about Embarrassed lonestar frame that we took to ga with my motor was first time out that's why we broke the frame. Too much power for it but took a chance. That frame or my motor on it has never stayed in Ga more than race night and Tony has nevermessed with my bike as far as setting it up . If you call turning power jets out cause it was getting cold, tuning it to where it would run consistant mid to low 3.8's than I guess you could say Tony tuned his but off on it, but you ask Tony himself or anyone that knows anything about setting up bikes and they will tell you different. I know it's hard to believe but it's proven. Yes jeff that 3.83 pass was backed up by 1-3.86, 2-3.87, and a bunch of 3.90,391,3.97 so it wasn't a fluke like that mysterious 3.78 pass at hazelhurst that never came close again! As far as running those #'s another night, no because like smoke said I pulled the motor out once we saw the frame was literally ripped in half or we would have taken it to hazelhurst 2 weeks later. Once Frank got the frame fixed he had his own motor but never has run those #'s.

as far as that bike that Frank built that was first real time out with guys that have never had a fast bike or really know what their doing but I'll tell you this once that thing is tuned don't think for one minute that that bike isn't gonna haul ass cause you'll be left at the start line Wink
 from what I heard if it weren't for tony you guys probably wouldn't have run, but that's just what I heard. oh well just have to set the record straight for ya little smokey. got any more questions Roll Eyes can't wait for the races Cool Grin
  yeh Troy I thought you'd like that. I can't lie that swing arm looks good with the axle in it Wink

'91 banshee completely redone,lightened frame,cub motor, drag pipes = fast as hell
Smoknbanshee
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #543 on: November 29, 2006, 08:11:48 PM »

Lupo, you sure that frank did not run that 4 mill in the frame before you put your 10 mill in it?  My memory usually serves me correct.  If he didn't, i stand corrected and will admit that you did accomplish something then.  Just bring it to C&R and let's roll.  Just make sure you get tony to ride it, so we won't have any excuses.

oh and tony didn't tune the bike in GA.  it was 40 degrees colder up there so yeah Troy had to fatten it up a little.

A$$ Crack Racing
Choke on my Smoke!
tribal_shee

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #544 on: November 29, 2006, 08:21:56 PM »

you stand corrected. Frankie blew 4 mil up at lakeland and never ran again.  got the new frame powder coated and put my motor in to see what it would do in a drag chassis. If you remember tony ran 3.99 with my blue stock frame at hazelhurst so we wanted to see the difference in frames, but was not tuned like at waresboro. no big deal just wanted to set it straight, there won't be any excuses from me! I know for a fact it will run that's why i said I want to see what I can do down at C&R That's all Kiss

535banshee
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #545 on: November 29, 2006, 08:38:47 PM »

we called alot of tracks today and most everyone said if they are under 16 they can only run a 400cc bike no bigger. when asked what classes they could run all said any class they like. they dont pick what class they cant run. i then called jim at jims sand toys and he is running the same rules. dave and i both think we should run the same rules to keep it simple. if it has been working for them we shouldnt have any problems. if i remember correct planetsand runs the same rules. we are not going to make everyone happy Cry on this but this seams to be the standard at most tracks we talked to. we did talk to some tracks and they had no age limit at all.
 once the rider can show some kind of driver license they then can run any cc bike they would like.
ALL RIDERS MUST WEAR HELMENTS,PANTS AND SOME KIND OF BOOT THAT COVERS THE ANKLE. ALSO ANY PERSON UNDER THE AGE OF 16, MUST HAVE BOTH PARENTS SIGN FORM
535banshee
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #546 on: November 29, 2006, 08:42:07 PM »

MY DAD CAN BEAT UP YOUR DAD Boxer
dynodon
Supreme Member

Ocala racing team

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #547 on: November 29, 2006, 08:43:26 PM »

we called alot of tracks today and most everyone said if they are under 16 they can only run a 400cc bike no bigger. when asked what classes they could run all said any class they like. they dont pick what class they cant run. i then called jim at jims sand toys and he is running the same rules. dave and i both think we should run the same rules to keep it simple. if it has been working for them we shouldnt have any problems. if i remember correct planetsand runs the same rules. we are not going to make everyone happy Cry on this but this seams to be the standard at most tracks we talked to. we did talk to some tracks and they had no age limit at all.
 once the rider can show some kind of driver license they then can run any cc bike they would like.
ALL RIDERS MUST WEAR HELMENTS,PANTS AND SOME KIND OF BOOT THAT COVERS THE ANKLE. ALSO ANY PERSON UNDER THE AGE OF 16, MUST HAVE BOTH PARENTS SIGN FORM
So what you telling me , is that anyone can run in the outlaw class?!?!?!

The " Black Pearl "
dynodon
Supreme Member

Ocala racing team

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #548 on: November 29, 2006, 08:44:38 PM »

MY DAD CAN BEAT UP YOUR DAD Boxer
Well , then , lets get them out there in there wheel chairs, give them there cane`s , and let them go to town Wink

The " Black Pearl "
Smoknbanshee
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #549 on: November 29, 2006, 09:15:38 PM »

PLUTO, I stand corrected.

Jeff, you kind of ran that whole post together.  clarify for us.  I think we are going to stay with the standard rules.  16 and older to run more than 400cc bikes correct?

A$$ Crack Racing
Choke on my Smoke!
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 19 20 21 [22] 23 24 25 26 27 28   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Other Florida sites of interest: www.PinballShark.com