Home ATV Florida Forum ATV Florida Where to Ride? ATV Florida Links Advertise

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 17 18 19 [20] 21 22 23 24 25 ... 28   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: new sand drag track  (Read 202148 times)
BadCompany350

Finally, ATVFlorida.com is here!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #475 on: November 22, 2006, 02:48:36 PM »

About the driver's liscence, I started racing a banshee when I was about 13 years old.  If I hadnt been riding that long, I wouldnt be near as comfortable on a banshee as I am now.  I guess Im tryin to say I would trust a 15 year old who has been racing a couple years more than a 16 year old who had only been racing a month or two.  Also, Chip, Scott's son, rides a low 4 second banshee and he won't be 16 for another couple months.  He has been racing for about two years now.  I just think that a driver's lisence rule would exclude a few racers who have been racing longer and better than some adults.

Bad Company Racing's Jockey
Slow Banshee
535banshee
Supreme Member

Finally! ATVFlorida.com is here!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #476 on: November 22, 2006, 03:16:07 PM »

i think a 13 year old kid should be able to ride a bike in the 4-stroke class and some banshee classes. i dont think they need to be riding a 551 and up class. chris's boy rides a stock cylinder bike well and i think his name is jimmy's son rides real well on the 4-stroke. i am not going to let kids ride 535's and 610's etc.
just talked to jim at jims sand toys and he has his set up this way....
ANY KID UNDER 16 CAN NOT RIDE A BIKE 401CC AND BIGGER. Deal 400 CHEETHA THEY CAN RUN AND 358 CUB MOTORS. I WILL LET THEM RUN A 450 STROKE ALSO.
Smoknbanshee
Supreme Member

When the green light drops, all bull$hit stops!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #477 on: November 22, 2006, 03:46:12 PM »

jeff, you can use 90's just make sure they are long throw and not short throw or it will be the death of you.  oh, and don't use too much glue.....you will still need to use some glue, because you will be sprinklering the track, but don't use soo much glue that you have a build up inside the pipe or you will be cussing yourself later.   

I am just voicing my opinion on the age thing.  Daniel that is great that you have been racing that long, and you can do it at other tracks, but when you start talking about building a club and organization you have to seriously think about safety FIRST.  The main reason is I do not want to see anyone get hurt.  Second I don't want to be invovled with a club that is getting sued because of rules they did not have in place for safety.  I know everyone that wants kids to race say, they can ride, it won't ever happen to my kid, blah, blah blah.........BULL$HIT.....you never know when it is your time to hit the dirt and it can happen to the best of us.  The difference is I am an adult, I am liable for myself.  A kid is a kid, and the club will be liable for them.  It really doesn't matter, because i would hope that C&R motorsports would responsible enough to lay the law down on this topic, becuase they ultimately OWN the land. 

Jeff, I have to agree, 401cc's and lower on 2 strokes, no nitrous.
450cc's and lower on 4 strokes, no nitrous.

Jeff, if I can get another 1,500 gallon poly tank, you want it?  might even be able to get one bigger.  we have a few extra at the plant, I might be able to get one, not sure.

Team FBI (Florida Boy's Inc.)
A$$ Crack Racing
Choke on my Smoke!
535banshee
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #478 on: November 22, 2006, 04:22:45 PM »

hell ya i could use a 1500gal tank Grin
dynodon
Supreme Member

Ocala racing team

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #479 on: November 22, 2006, 06:42:36 PM »

I think that would be O.K., as long as it doent get out of hand.
Anyone under 16 yrs of age, Not allowed to run anything over 400cc, and NO nitrous.

I agree with what Daniel has said too,( not trying to take away from these kids) But this is on the responsability of not only the club, but CR motorsports as well.
Yes there are some younger kids out there that can ride, with-out a doubt, But, just because they can reach the peddles doesnt mean they can drive a car on the roadways !!

I am sure that most would agree to the 400cc, NO nitrous, and under class

The " Black Pearl "
No, you dont want NONE of it
535banshee
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #480 on: November 22, 2006, 07:06:15 PM »

you have to remember is not the responsability of the club and cr motorsports. the kids parents will be signing a form that we are not responsable and will be signed by both parents. this way if a kid gets hurt and parents are divorced one parent cant say they didnt give permission. so if you a have kid in this age class you will be signing two forms
cutngrs
Supreme Member

PUT UP $$$ OR SHUT THE HELL UP

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #481 on: November 22, 2006, 07:18:31 PM »

that waver wont mean  sh*t if you let them ride a bike that they should not be riding  also that these kids should only be aloud to ride a bike that there  mother or father  owns    no jocking   

THE ORANGE CRUSH BANSHEE  
WWW.MYBANSHEE/IS/FASTER/THAN/YOURS.COM
IF YOU WANT TO RUN WITH THE BIG DOGS GIVE US A CALL
535banshee
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #482 on: November 22, 2006, 07:24:50 PM »

these forms are wrote up by the insurance company and thier lawyers. so they do mean something to me and cr motorsports. it is a writen and signed contract.
cutngrs
Supreme Member

PUT UP $$$ OR SHUT THE HELL UP

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #483 on: November 22, 2006, 07:35:49 PM »

thats fine  but state  laws will over ride your contract  and i know for a fact the  insurance companys  will go with what state law are in place      as any track nhra or ihra even ama prostar  folow these rules     

o yea  did you guys ever take the door off and put it on the right way so that water won,t come in

THE ORANGE CRUSH BANSHEE  
WWW.MYBANSHEE/IS/FASTER/THAN/YOURS.COM
IF YOU WANT TO RUN WITH THE BIG DOGS GIVE US A CALL
Smoknbanshee
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #484 on: November 22, 2006, 07:51:59 PM »

thats fine  but state  laws will over ride your contract  and i know for a fact the  insurance companys  will go with what state law are in place      as any track nhra or ihra even ama prostar  folow these rules     

o yea  did you guys ever take the door off and put it on the right way so that water won,t come in

troy you are correct......there are many loopholes in contracts...see the reason i don't agree with daniel is this, you might be able to drive a car at 14, but you can't according to state law.  because not every 14 year old can drive like you, so it puts everyone at risk.  so you might be able to ride better than anyone at the track and you are 15 years old.  but the next 15 year old that comes up THINKS he is the best rider and gets hurt.  BANG your a$$ is grass.  by setting the rules at 16 years old, we are following the guidelines that are administered by the ATV industry to a certain point.

A$$ Crack Racing
Choke on my Smoke!
Smoknbanshee
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #485 on: November 22, 2006, 07:53:32 PM »

the door swings in on the shed, you have to be kidding me....I know that dynodon did not hang the door cause he does WAY better work than that.....Sounds like dynodon should of supervised the building of the timing shack if the door got put on backwards.....that is carpentary 101 right durr...

A$$ Crack Racing
Choke on my Smoke!
535banshee
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #486 on: November 22, 2006, 07:54:16 PM »

trust me on this. i been in many meetings about this. there has been a case about this i cant go into. trust me
Smoknbanshee
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #487 on: November 22, 2006, 08:23:12 PM »

trust me on this. i been in many meetings about this. there has been a case about this i cant go into. trust me

can't trust anyone in this world today sucka......what was the deal with damian?

A$$ Crack Racing
Choke on my Smoke!
535banshee
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #488 on: November 22, 2006, 08:38:10 PM »

charlie said because people are saying they love his frames and they should buy his if they want one. this is called advertising and that is not allowed on his site. so because people give good feed back its advertising. what a jack a$$
Smoknbanshee
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #489 on: November 22, 2006, 08:47:55 PM »

haha, what a doosh....the post got deleted now there is another one.....planetsand is cool....don't you guys wish you could come over there and play?

A$$ Crack Racing
Choke on my Smoke!
535banshee
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #490 on: November 22, 2006, 09:12:08 PM »

just got off the phone with him again and charlie called him and said charlie is thinking about charing people to get on his web site because it is starting to cost him to much money. the cost is going be somewhere around 25.00. good luck with that
« Last Edit: November 22, 2006, 09:34:10 PM by 535banshee » Logged
535banshee
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #491 on: November 22, 2006, 09:49:12 PM »

ok lets say there is 1500 active members at 25.00= 37500.00
it takes 37500.00 to run a website? this man is having money trouble and is tring everything he can
Smoknbanshee
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #492 on: November 22, 2006, 09:56:41 PM »

charlie is sooo full of bull$hit.....he is going to run planet sand in the ground....the problem is, he is owner of planet sand, builds chassis (or sells them atleast), puts on a drag race, etc.....atvflorida was like that at one time, but now is different.  when atvflorida was like that, this website was going to h e l l quick, but things were changed and now this is a great website in my opinion. 

A$$ Crack Racing
Choke on my Smoke!
535banshee
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #493 on: November 22, 2006, 10:04:31 PM »

charlie is sooo full of bull$hit.....he is going to run planet sand in the ground....the problem is, he is owner of planet sand, builds chassis (or sells them atleast), puts on a drag race, etc.....atvflorida was like that at one time, but now is different.  when atvflorida was like that, this website was going to h e l l quick, but things were changed and now this is a great website in my opinion. 

well said Grin
Smoknbanshee
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #494 on: November 22, 2006, 10:08:16 PM »

one word.  ohton is a D I C K T A T O R....

if he doesn't like it, he deletes it.....

A$$ Crack Racing
Choke on my Smoke!
dynodon
Supreme Member

Ocala racing team

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #495 on: November 22, 2006, 11:40:55 PM »

WHAT did you say Huh He is a what?HuhHuh

I will predict that in 6 months time, that site will be no more, or at least so far in the ground, that there wont be any new post

The " Black Pearl "
No, you dont want NONE of it
tribal_shee

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #496 on: November 23, 2006, 12:00:45 AM »

i think a 13 year old kid should be able to ride a bike in the 4-stroke class and some banshee classes. i dont think they need to be riding a 551 and up class. chris's boy rides a stock cylinder bike well and i think his name is jimmy's son rides real well on the 4-stroke. i am not going to let kids ride 535's and 610's etc.
just talked to jim at jims sand toys and he has his set up this way....
ANY KID UNDER 16 CAN NOT RIDE A BIKE 401CC AND BIGGER. Deal 400 CHEETHA THEY CAN RUN AND 358 CUB MOTORS. I WILL LET THEM RUN A 450 STROKE ALSO.
I have agree with cut & smoke & Don on this topic For one I've got a bike with a real small motor compared to a 535 or 610 but and I guranttee if you don't hold on with all your strenght you will be on your ass or will go out of control and take someone else out! running 60-86 mph in 300 ft is very fast and a kid has no business on a bike that fast. They might have the expierience on riding bikes but on a track racing wide open is totally different. ? what do you think will happen when one of us adults has to race a kid in a fast class and he dumps the clutch and it hooks really hard with one tire and bike launches into other lane and takes one of us adults out because it overpowers him, and shouldn't even be on it. Adults more then likely will let out if somethings goes wrong but a kid on a bike has no clue of the consequences and no fear and will more than likely stay in it just to try and win the race! 4 strokes have lots of torque but a high powered banshee has a hell of a powerband that hits a lot harder than 4 stroke and instantly. of course if you let the parents be the judge and don't set a standard rule they will all say my kid can ride they'll be ok and then something will happen. Does every time! keep the kids on 4 strokes 450 cc or less or banshee 350cc STOCK w/ pipes no alcohol Cool
« Last Edit: November 23, 2006, 12:02:56 AM by tribal_shee » Logged

'91 banshee completely redone,lightened frame,cub motor, drag pipes = fast as hell
'94 warrior completely redone
'04 Grizzly w/ 29.5" outlaw tires,lift,snorkels,clutch kit,exhaust& jet kit
'04 450 Kodiak w/28" outlaw tires
535banshee
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #497 on: November 23, 2006, 09:06:53 AM »

i am going to stay with the 450 and below for 4 stroke and 400 below 2-stroke. this is for 13yrs and older. 12yrs old and below are back to the cc limit.
tribal_shee

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #498 on: November 23, 2006, 09:35:10 AM »

with that what classes are they going to be able to run in? E.T. or all classes cause like you said they could run cub motors or cheeta motors which would put them in the outlaw class. Me personally am not gonna race against 13 yr old kid in the outlaw class and I'm sure I'm not the only one that's gonna say that. Anybody racing takes a risk when you pull up to the line but I'm not going to have an added risk wondering if the kid next to me is gonna take me out. Hell Chris crossed lanes at the track couple of weeks ago at the tnt when it finally hooked! Huh

lets hear some other opinions! people don't be scared to speak up now. It's important things like this that needs to be cleared up before we start to race! Am I just being overboard Huh
« Last Edit: November 23, 2006, 09:42:36 AM by tribal_shee » Logged

'91 banshee completely redone,lightened frame,cub motor, drag pipes = fast as hell
'94 warrior completely redone
'04 Grizzly w/ 29.5" outlaw tires,lift,snorkels,clutch kit,exhaust& jet kit
'04 450 Kodiak w/28" outlaw tires
535banshee
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #499 on: November 23, 2006, 10:52:37 AM »

we will be having meeting on this in the future. if you have a opinion on this than you need to show up for the meeting. you dont show up and than your vote dont mean sh*t.
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 17 18 19 [20] 21 22 23 24 25 ... 28   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Other Florida sites of interest: www.PinballShark.com