Home ATV Florida Forum ATV Florida Where to Ride? ATV Florida Links Advertise

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 16 17 18 [19] 20 21 22 23 24 ... 28   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: new sand drag track  (Read 202197 times)
dnigels

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #450 on: November 20, 2006, 07:38:42 PM »

You guys are doing a great job!

'06 Yamaha 350 Wolverine
'06 Yamaha PW80
'07 Chevy Silverado 1500 Ext.cab
tribal_shee

Finally, ATVFlorida.com is here!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #451 on: November 20, 2006, 10:40:56 PM »

jeff looks great! the only thing I can think is you might want to put the start stand on the same side you had it just behind the start line on other side of flag pole and angled going down the track but also so you can see start line.The way you have it now you won't be able to see anything once the race starts and people start to stage, your too far away and people and bikes will be in the way! You need to see everything that happens when in the building plus timeing system needs to be in there close to the track with PA system. that way mouth of the south can commentate the races HEHEHE Cheesy Cheesy.  so for registering for classes, either have a small tent at entrence before you go into pits or just use the start stand to register. hope I explained myself right Cool 

'91 banshee completely redone,lightened frame,cub motor, drag pipes = fast as hell
'94 warrior completely redone
'04 Grizzly w/ 29.5" outlaw tires,lift,snorkels,clutch kit,exhaust& jet kit
'04 450 Kodiak w/28" outlaw tires
Smoknbanshee
Supreme Member

When the green light drops, all bull$hit stops!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #452 on: November 20, 2006, 11:12:53 PM »

jeff looks great! the only thing I can think is you might want to put the start stand on the same side you had it just behind the start line on other side of flag pole and angled going down the track but also so you can see start line.The way you have it now you won't be able to see anything once the race starts and people start to stage, your too far away and people and bikes will be in the way! You need to see everything that happens when in the building plus timeing system needs to be in there close to the track with PA system. that way mouth of the south can commentate the races HEHEHE Cheesy Cheesy.  so for registering for classes, either have a small tent at entrence before you go into pits or just use the start stand to register. hope I explained myself right Cool 

the point i was trying to make also.

Team FBI (Florida Boy's Inc.)
A$$ Crack Racing
Choke on my Smoke!
cutngrs
Supreme Member

PUT UP $$$ OR SHUT THE HELL UP

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #453 on: November 21, 2006, 07:41:50 AM »

wow could you emagin smoke and lupo on the mic to gether    Looney Rolling on the Floor Laughing

THE ORANGE CRUSH BANSHEE  
WWW.MYBANSHEE/IS/FASTER/THAN/YOURS.COM
IF YOU WANT TO RUN WITH THE BIG DOGS GIVE US A CALL
535banshee
Supreme Member

Finally! ATVFlorida.com is here!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #454 on: November 21, 2006, 08:14:43 AM »

the stand is on the same side of the track just moved back and turned facing down the track. this way you can see down the track and see everyone in the staging lanes also. when you come in the track the stand will be on your right and you will stop there for a tech card. i think the way it is now will work good. i dont have a pic of where it is now but will have one soon. the track looks better with it moved of the side of the track. it just opened it up where you can see better. the stand was where it was just because that is where we started to build it. we will grade the track and put down grass in 2 weeks. we are going to take this weekend off because of the turkey day. i will post pics of the track after we get the grass down. the electric and timing system is all we have left.
we are going to have a meeting at the track soon to talk about classes and things that need to be done on race days. if you guys want we could also do it at somewere where we can sit down and eat. troy just got a hard on! i will post a date soon! let me know if plan on showing up for the meeting. if you dont show and than you dont like a rule. guess what to fu*cking bad.
Smoknbanshee
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #455 on: November 21, 2006, 08:39:49 AM »

the stand is on the same side of the track just moved back and turned facing down the track. this way you can see down the track and see everyone in the staging lanes also. when you come in the track the stand will be on your right and you will stop there for a tech card. i think the way it is now will work good. i dont have a pic of where it is now but will have one soon. the track looks better with it moved of the side of the track. it just opened it up where you can see better. the stand was where it was just because that is where we started to build it. we will grade the track and put down grass in 2 weeks. we are going to take this weekend off because of the turkey day. i will post pics of the track after we get the grass down. the electric and timing system is all we have left.
we are going to have a meeting at the track soon to talk about classes and things that need to be done on race days. if you guys want we could also do it at somewere where we can sit down and eat. troy just got a hard on! i will post a date soon! let me know if plan on showing up for the meeting. if you dont show and than you dont like a rule. guess what to fu*cking bad.

that is funny....troy likes to eat....

A$$ Crack Racing
Choke on my Smoke!
tribal_shee

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #456 on: November 21, 2006, 04:57:31 PM »

jeff you need to run the wire for the beams before you sod or you will be doing twice the  work  Angry

'91 banshee completely redone,lightened frame,cub motor, drag pipes = fast as hell
535banshee
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #457 on: November 21, 2006, 05:04:20 PM »

the wires dont go in the ground they just they lay on the grass. the system will go home with me after each race. this is the way port-a-tree told me to do it.
535banshee
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #458 on: November 21, 2006, 08:14:55 PM »

man the guy who dug that must have been high Shocked

[attachment deleted by admin]
535banshee
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #459 on: November 21, 2006, 08:19:44 PM »

me working and everyone else watching. this must be a county job Wink

535banshee
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #460 on: November 21, 2006, 08:24:30 PM »

found a good job for terry. he can sit on his a$$ and still work

tribal_shee

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #461 on: November 21, 2006, 11:02:19 PM »

what happens when someone crosses over into the other lane? Will those nice paddle tires ball that wire up or is it thicker like a extension cord. couldn't you just wire it then have connections down the end of track to connect to finish line beam and just unplug to take home? just my 2cents
don't really know how it all works just seems like that would be easier Huh

dynodon
Supreme Member

Ocala racing team

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #462 on: November 21, 2006, 11:14:44 PM »

Yeah, and safer

The " Black Pearl "
No, you dont want NONE of it
cutngrs
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #463 on: November 21, 2006, 11:19:08 PM »

Yeah, and safer

I WOULD HAVE TO AGREE    GOOD POINT VERY GOOD POINT   

THE ORANGE CRUSH BANSHEE  
dynodon
Supreme Member

Ocala racing team

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #464 on: November 21, 2006, 11:28:32 PM »

Lets see some pics of the interior of the starter stand !!!!!

The " Black Pearl "
Smoknbanshee
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #465 on: November 22, 2006, 06:53:41 AM »

what you need to do is put a pipe under the sod your putting down.  take 300 feet of string and pull through the pipe.  When you get there you hook the string to the port a tree wire and pull it through.  when your done, you hook the string to the wire and pull the string back in the pipe, so when you get there next month you can do the same thing.  Just don't let some jackass pull the wire out with the string not attached and you will be good to go.

A$$ Crack Racing
Choke on my Smoke!
Smoknbanshee
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #466 on: November 22, 2006, 06:54:55 AM »

Lets see some pics of the interior of the starter stand !!!!!

is the the drywall hung up and electrical pulled in yet? 

A$$ Crack Racing
Choke on my Smoke!
535banshee
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #467 on: November 22, 2006, 08:42:34 AM »

lupo i think i like your ideal better than port a tree. i will put some pipe in the ground next week. what size pipe do you guys think? i would think it wouldnt have to be that big for the electric. MAN YOU GUYS JUST KEEP COSTING ME MORE MONEY MORE MONEY MORE MONEY. HELL I MIGHT GO OUT THERE TODAY AND DO IT! GOT THE WHOLE WEEK OFF Grin
tribal_shee

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #468 on: November 22, 2006, 09:50:13 AM »

Cheesy Cheesy I here ya. Well you said you wanted to do it right! But that would be the best idea. smokes idea is good too the only thing is gurantteed some one will try to help pick up and will pull string out too Angry  1/2 " pipe should be plenty and use irrigation thin wall pvc. cheap and will work fine. If you go to irrigation supply place you can get in 20 ft lenghts with bell ends so you won't need anything else Cool Wink

535banshee
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #469 on: November 22, 2006, 11:08:05 AM »

dude i just called port-a-tree and they told me 4'' from the starter stand to start line and 2'' down the track Shocked.
Smoknbanshee
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #470 on: November 22, 2006, 12:05:17 PM »

dude i just called port-a-tree and they told me 4'' from the starter stand to start line and 2'' down the track Shocked.

yeah it will probably have to be that big, because you actually have quick connect ends that have to fit through the pipe too, unless you want to re-wire each end every race.  Port a tree should be able to send you dimensions on the quick connect ends, and you need to make the pipe big enough for the.  ABSOLULTELY DO NOT PUT 90 degree turns on the PVC.  Do all 45 degree turns or the quick connect ends will never make the turn.  TRUST ME ON THIS.  Jeff you are going to put the port a tree beams in PVC pipe right?  So they go in the same spot every race and they are protected.

Lupo if some dumb@ss does do that all we need to do is get some small string and a air compressor and we can air blow the string 300 ft.  I have seen it done before, and it is actually pretty neat. 

No pics of starter stand?  you got the whole week off.

A$$ Crack Racing
Choke on my Smoke!
Smoknbanshee
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #471 on: November 22, 2006, 12:09:17 PM »

I also have another big safety question.  Are there going to be any age limit cc restrictions for kids?  I don't want to offend anyone, but I personally think kids should be limited to kid's classes with cc restrictions, and they should not be able to run in the heads up races or the 5.0 or faster index classes.  If you don't have a valid driver's license then you are considered a kid.  Guess long story short, is I don't want to be a part of an organization that supports unsafe conditions for kids, because by no means do I want to take blame or feel guilty if a kid got hurt.  I am sure this is going to be a hot topic, so you have my opinion about it.

A$$ Crack Racing
Choke on my Smoke!
cutngrs
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #472 on: November 22, 2006, 12:17:34 PM »

i agree   some thing needs to be set in stone on this .

THE ORANGE CRUSH BANSHEE  
535banshee
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #473 on: November 22, 2006, 12:33:33 PM »

i have seen the air compressor thing done also. they take a ball with the string on it and put the air to it and it sends the ball threw the pipe with the string. just talked to jims sand toys and he did the same thing with the pipe. he used 4'' and 2''. i can get the 100ft of 4'' and 400ft of 2'' for 300.00. smoke they way port-a-tree is setting it up i am going to have to use the 90's. you can get them with a wide turn
dynodon
Supreme Member

Ocala racing team

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #474 on: November 22, 2006, 02:23:04 PM »

I also have another big safety question.  Are there going to be any age limit cc restrictions for kids?  I don't want to offend anyone, but I personally think kids should be limited to kid's classes with cc restrictions, and they should not be able to run in the heads up races or the 5.0 or faster index classes.  If you don't have a valid driver's license then you are considered a kid.  Guess long story short, is I don't want to be a part of an organization that supports unsafe conditions for kids, because by no means do I want to take blame or feel guilty if a kid got hurt.  I am sure this is going to be a hot topic, so you have my opinion about it.
Well now, The ICE has been broken, I feel the same way on that issue.
No drivers license, No running in a class faster that a 5.0 index. Every track has the same rule, with the exception of Jim`s track(Jims sand toys) which he is the owner and his son races on it

The " Black Pearl "
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 16 17 18 [19] 20 21 22 23 24 ... 28   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Other Florida sites of interest: www.PinballShark.com