Home ATV Florida Forum ATV Florida Where to Ride? ATV Florida Links Advertise

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: How old are your kids who ride 4 wheelers  (Read 12710 times)
VForcedave
Supreme Member

V TWIN FOR THE WIN.

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #25 on: August 28, 2006, 12:44:08 PM »

8 Years old and rides a Yamaha 80

2004 Kaw Vforce 700 twin. Mine
2005 Honda Rancher 350 Kev Mans
2002 Yamaha 80 Raptor Kev Mans
2000 Jeep Wrangler 4" lift, 33's, winched
1988 Harley FXRP Dropped and chopped
2003 Chevy Duramax 100+K and still cruising. 18mpg.
Loven It
Supreme Member

Finally! ATVFlorida.com is here!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #26 on: August 28, 2006, 01:11:23 PM »

Mine started at 5. He is now 6 and I am getting ready to buy him a 110.

Really its up to the parent.

99 Honda 400ex
01 Polaris Trailblazer
06 Honda 90cc
05 Kazuma 50cc

https://www.nationalmssociety.org//FLC/personal/default.asp?pa=52649935&pd=FLC0EMS120060429WWT
klutchbuster400
Supreme Member

Cuz the chicks dig it.

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #27 on: August 28, 2006, 01:38:09 PM »

Im gonna put my kid on a power wheels before he can walk, Then when he's old enough to count, Motocross school starts Evil
stacktester
Supreme Member

Proud of our servicemen and women

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #28 on: August 28, 2006, 02:49:06 PM »

I appreciate the feedback on my post. I was worried that most people would condemn my idea of getting her a 125 Grizzly but it looks like most will be ok with it. She has good riding ability's and I'm sure with the proper safety equipment it will work out. Does anybody know where to get a good chest protector? I may start a new thread on that.

Honda Rancher 4x4 ES
Newmembers good friend
klutchbuster400
Supreme Member

Cuz the chicks dig it.

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #29 on: August 28, 2006, 02:51:58 PM »

Look on ebay, I bought my oneal chest protector from an ebay store, If not I'll look through some of my new gear catalogs for ya.
BIGWORM3699 ( ECP RACING)
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #30 on: August 28, 2006, 06:30:46 PM »

My youngest is 2 rides a pwr wheels, He has a lt50 that we ride him double on. My youngest dauther is 7 she started rideing at 3 1/2 currently races a 90cc Apex Pro MX Flat track and MX. She has been on a 90cc for about 2 years now. My oldest is 15 and has been riding since 8 currently on a 400ex.
  Im true beliver that a level headed adult knows there kids riding potential and can make the right judgement call on size vs age. ALLWAYS wear the proper gear and educate educate educate safety. Cool 

East Coast Performance Mini Quad is your
Official Apex and DRR mini quad dealer, For your mini quad performance parts and tuning needs.
2013 polaris ranger camo
KINGQUAD, 29.5 outlaws,snorkled,rad. relocate, clutch mod.
APEX, stage6 RT 70, elka,mallosi overrange,PVL ign.
UncleRico
Supreme Member

"Crazy, Insane?"

View Profile WWW

Ignore
!
« Reply #31 on: August 28, 2006, 06:33:29 PM »

I agree with Big  Perm! I mean Big Worm.

UNLUCKY #13 RACING  "I want to thank my sponsors, Jack Cass Bail Bonds, The Cleveland Steamer Carpet Cleaner Company, The Rusty Trombone Pub, and Dirty Sanchez's Liquor and Check Cashing."
4wheelgirl

Live life the fullest

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #32 on: August 28, 2006, 08:02:52 PM »

screw what the law says. my brother who is nine is riding a 350 bruin. it shouldnt matter about what the law says, it really matters about the size.

250 Timberwolf
250 Ex
350 Warrior
350 Bruin
500 Honda ES
RR Member!!
Southern4x4
Supreme Member

Turn off them blinkers to save blinker fluid.

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #33 on: August 28, 2006, 08:10:22 PM »

I used to have a 90 but im 12 and 5`4 and it was way to small for me so now i have my dads old 300 4x4 and i fit perfect,its all about skill and trust.

[><]Southern by the grace of God[><]
450rcrazy

« Reply #34 on: August 28, 2006, 08:46:20 PM »

the group we ride in has four kids 8 year old on a trx90  11 year old on a 250 a 12 year old on a 250 and a 9 year old boy who is on a raptor 80 but shortly will be on a raptor 350 he has out grown and his capabilities are far more advanced than the bike. But they all wear full gear and we ride in a line 1 adult than the 8 year old than the 9 than 11 and 12 year old and always followed by at least two adults .They all know their place in line and all know to follow at a safe distance.
UncleRico
Supreme Member

"Crazy, Insane?"

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #35 on: August 28, 2006, 08:56:12 PM »

screw what the law says. my brother who is nine is riding a 350 bruin. it shouldnt matter about what the law says, it really matters about the size.

Uhhhhhhhhh NO!  Size doesn't matter...it's all about the skill set and if your parents told you any different, then they need to be sent off for "RE-EDUCATION".

UNLUCKY #13 RACING  "I want to thank my sponsors, Jack Cass Bail Bonds, The Cleveland Steamer Carpet Cleaner Company, The Rusty Trombone Pub, and Dirty Sanchez's Liquor and Check Cashing."
cheropride
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #36 on: August 28, 2006, 09:13:37 PM »

Hey UncleRico (Long time no talk to damn computer when poop)...

Anyway, back to the question.  I 'm going through the same thing w/my 7 year old.  When he was 6 we bought him a Polaris 90.  We ride at SE and just about anyway actually, and we have alot of issues w/the 90.  Hell, Saturday, we broke the chain.  He is a tall boy for 7, and he will be 8 in November, he have let him ride my husband's Honda Rancher and he is great on it.  But it does bother me w/that much power.  The 90, no it is not going to make it another year, he needs something bigger.  Yes, alot of it has to do with skill, and he is a awesome rider, in more ways than one.  And what I mean, he does not try to do stupid stuff, he just wants to be able to go where we go. 

I am way over protected w/my son, he is my only child, and he is my whole world.  When my husband wanted to buy him the 90 I was like now way, he have to get him a 50.  But of course, hubby was right.  The 90 was a great learning tool, and I know that they age limits are there for a reason, but he really needs a bigger bike.  Not sure really what we are going to do.  Been looking at the Polaris Hawkeye, but just not sure.

One thing that I have learned though, the size is important, but what safety features the bike comes with is more important.  I have a Kawi 360 4x4 it has a ton of safety features, but seat is way too high for him.  I look for things such as 1) how my son fits the bike 2) rev limiter (just incase he needs it) 3) engine break (really good for going down hill) 4) good breaks (are they sealed).  These are the things that I am look into. 

Follow your gut, you know what she can and can not handle.  Sometimes a smaller bike is more dangerous than a larger bike.  Let me know what you decide....

Kawi-360 4WD/Camo
Honda 400
Polaris Ranger 700XP
dnigels

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #37 on: August 28, 2006, 09:20:48 PM »

My daughter is thirteen and rides better than most of the yahoos I've seen who have had too many longneck buds.

'06 Yamaha 350 Wolverine
'06 Yamaha PW80
'07 Chevy Silverado 1500 Ext.cab
UncleRico
Supreme Member

"Crazy, Insane?"

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #38 on: August 28, 2006, 09:54:24 PM »

Hey Cheropride..where you been hiding?

I was raised by a single Mom, so I know how protective they can be, and look how I turned out!

OK, bad example.

SKILL is what should determine your ride, not size, age, or any other factor.

"It's just that simple"

aksone

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #39 on: August 30, 2006, 12:42:02 AM »

\/
Daughter is 5 (almost 6) and rides a Kazuma KMX 50. Latest ride pictures are here.
Are the restrictions on age/CC actually laws or just suggestions? I take them more as a suggestion.  Wink
Like others have said, it should be up to the parent(s) to determine the skill level of their children, teach them to be safe and responsible riders and to not let them ride unsupervised.
But if the restrictions do manage to deter one inept irresponsible parent from purchasing a machine and keeps one kid from getting injured (or worse) then the restrictions have served a greater good.

.02¢

/\

2005 Honda Foreman (2wd) Blue
27 ITP XTRs (14 in)
ITP C-Series Type 7 (Black)
Fox17
Supreme Member

Go Gators!!

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #40 on: August 30, 2006, 11:29:17 AM »

ok if they can handle it they can ride it. i rode a DR-Z 400 when i was 13. i could barely touch the ground. big deal. my sister rode it when she was 12. she couldnt touch the ground. we are both still alive. if a 8 year old can reach reach the petal and shifter they could ride a 450R if they have enough experience and skill.
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Other Florida sites of interest: www.PinballShark.com