Home ATV Florida Forum ATV Florida Where to Ride? ATV Florida Links Advertise

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Quad Advice  (Read 1449 times)
MadMudder
Supreme Member

Semper Fi

View Profile

Ignore
« on: August 24, 2006, 10:00:46 PM »

Ok, heres what I need some advice on. I currently drive a suzuki 250 quadrunner with about 3500 miles on it. Its a great little quad and has hauled me around for 3 years. But I want something new. I would like a new arctic cat 400 but I dont think thats gonna happen on our budget. Now my dads cousin is selling his 1996 Polaris sportsman 500. Its got over 5000 miles on it and could have more than that cause the speedo went out for a while. Everything works on it and he just spent 1000 dollars fixing everything else. So heres my queston, would it be smart to purchase this quad to replace the one I have. I mean its what I want, 4wd, independent suspension, Low range. But it has been used allot and has 5000 miles on it. He takes pretty good care of it and tries to stay away from mud. My dad says I should get it but I just dont think its smart to buy something with that much wear and tear and that many miles on it. If he gives it to us for a good deal, do you think it is smart. Am I just being a brat and being picky? If so tell me. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

2013 BF650i 4x4
Stock; for now..
Fox17
Supreme Member

Go Gators!!

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: August 24, 2006, 10:09:29 PM »

from what ive seen and heard i would not get it. i have never really heard anything good bout polaris just bad stuff. that is just my opinion though. i would never consider a polaris myself but some people like theirs.
MadMudder
Supreme Member

Semper Fi

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: August 24, 2006, 10:17:41 PM »

Actually my dad has a 04 Polaris 500. It is great and would be even better if we could keep it out of the mud...

2013 BF650i 4x4
Stock; for now..
Fox17
Supreme Member

Go Gators!!

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: August 24, 2006, 10:19:16 PM »

btw what year is the zuki? if you sell it let me know.
klutchbuster400
Supreme Member

Cuz the chicks dig it.

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: August 24, 2006, 10:34:32 PM »

I say go for it!
yunt2ride
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: August 25, 2006, 08:14:07 AM »

If its been taken care of they are good quads but you need to also consider that its 10 years old. You could always take a grand or two and finance a new one (which is what you wanted) and have really small monthly payments. Which could be lower then trying to fix things that could be wore out with 5,000 miles on it. I purchased a 2000 model that was abused as my first machine and I had to work on it but after getting things fixed, because the first owner did not know what grease was, it was a good machine and is still going today. All I have is polaris machines and would not purchase any other for several reasons. All my family (cousins, uncles and everyone) own them and they have served us well and I have learned how to work on them from the first one and as with most brands, if you maintain it then it will last longer and serve you well.

1997 Chevrolet 4WD extended cab
2005 Polaris 500HO 4X4 Hunter Edition Camo
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Other Florida sites of interest: www.PinballShark.com