Home ATV Florida Forum ATV Florida Where to Ride? ATV Florida Links Advertise

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: what do u think??  (Read 6190 times)
Raptor1

i know i know next time i'll let u WIN!!

View Profile

Ignore
« on: December 06, 2003, 10:40:45 AM »

ok my stepfather is going to buy a new quad and he is in love w/the v-force what do u guys think of the quad pros and cons???

and this is the one we are looking at getting

2001 blue yamaha Raptor
lrd full pipe k&n filter and front sproket and lots more to come
also
2000 polaris 335 utility quad
26 inch itp 589's all the way around ,jet kits ,upgraded secondary clutch spring ,and full super trapp exhaust
(a.k.a the german tank)
Raptor1

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: December 07, 2003, 07:29:06 AM »

i guess no one has any info on this bike??

2001 blue yamaha Raptor
also
26 inch itp 589's all the way around ,jet kits ,upgraded secondary clutch spring ,and full super trapp exhaust
(a.k.a the german tank)
Da_Mtg_Man
extraordinaire
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: December 07, 2003, 08:48:49 AM »

I don't know anyone that has one and I know a lot of people with quads. I have heard that they are very heavy and not as fast a Rapor.
I'm guessing that they are not a great quad due to the very small amount of people that own them.

FLORIDA MUD RIDER
erbilabuc
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: December 07, 2003, 01:52:04 PM »

well I was told they where fast and the reason they are not popular is because of their size and weight makes them un-suitable for racing but there are plenty of people out there that do race them and do well. Is there something particular about it that he likes? These things are huge  but fast.

Since he is your step father I am going to guess he is a little or a lot older then me? Probably late 30's early 40's? I think he would be better off with something like a z400 or 400ex, those things are fast and very dependable. Everyone wants a super fast quad but what good is a lot of power and speed if you cannot control it. Not bad mouthing the 700 but that thing is huge. Another thing is that he needs to expect to work on it because quads do break. I know a friend with a 400ex and he has had it for like 2 years and never changed the oil or even the air filter and it still starts with the first push and runs great. Not a practical thing to do but its just to show you how Honda's compare to everything else.

Thug Nasty
1 good thing about being bull-legged is you never need a belt.
NaplesRaptor

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: December 07, 2003, 04:22:06 PM »

I saw one yesterday with aftermarket exhaust on it...it sounded NASTY ! It was a bit too loud, but it had such a mean growl to it.
« Last Edit: December 07, 2003, 06:14:34 PM by naplesraptor » Logged
TOY_DOCTOR
Supreme Member

RHINO 660, YFZ450, TRX450R

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: December 07, 2003, 05:15:26 PM »

I trail ride and race the KFX 700 and I think it is great bike, has lots of power and never have to worry about a missed gear, and yes it is a big bike but I guess if he is a little man then he may want a 400, but I am 6'5" about 220 lbs and do not like them little 400's because I like a little room to move around without feeling cramped, I am very at home on the 700 and would not give it up for anything else, except maybe a 660 grizzly or prairie 700, and as far as being heavy I don't think there is that much difference, and for the raptor BRING IT ON..

P.S. THAT BLACK LOOKS GREAT

TOY DOCTOR - MOBILE RV REPAIR, ONAN GENERATORS, ATVs, & MOTORCYCLEs ............I BUY UNWANTED ATV's
Raptor1

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: December 08, 2003, 12:30:44 PM »

well erb yeah he's in his 40's but no he won't get a 400 b/c the raptor i have was his i took it from him b/c he was tired of shifting gears and he was at the time in love w/his p650 and then he got the grizzly 660 but know he wants to get another one that he can go out w/us b/c we all have raptor's and shee's so he wants somthing thats not as big as the grizz and p650.....
and toy-doctor he has the same problem he's 6'2 and 2 something lbs so he likes something big and sporty at the sametime that's y this bike is perfect.... but we haven't heard anything about it having any big problems and wanted to know if anyone else has heard of anything  but thanks for the info it does help out alot

2001 blue yamaha Raptor
also
(a.k.a the german tank)
MX411

Honda

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: November 20, 2004, 06:51:08 PM »

well i no a guy that has one and its got good power and it pretty fast its a nice comfortable bike too. good for trails..
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Other Florida sites of interest: www.PinballShark.com