Home ATV Florida Forum ATV Florida Where to Ride? ATV Florida Links Advertise

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Be careful at 5a  (Read 7420 times)
mudman8024

Finally, ATVFlorida.com is here!

View Profile

Ignore
« on: August 08, 2006, 10:09:42 PM »

I was at 5a late saturday night/ early sunday morning, and there where FWCC officers everywhere.  We were parked on the Maytown rode side and there was at least 4 officers there.  Also there was a helicopter cycling the area and from what the officers told use, and overhearing their radio transmissions there where officers out in the woods to.  We got tickets for operating an ATV on a county "roadway"  even though our tires never touched the pavement.  I also know of at least 2 people that got arrested for DUI and/or possesion of narcotics.  They told my friend that the land had been sold and that the new owners didn't want people back there anymore, but they didn't issue anybody tresspass warnings.  Was anyone else out there.  Does anyone know if there were officers on the 5a side.   I'm gonna keep an eye out and see if any signs get posted.
Fox17
Supreme Member

Go Gators!!

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: August 08, 2006, 10:30:22 PM »

im pretty sure there were some on the 5a side. it is illegal to ride any atv in brevard county unless on ur own property or you can go to jail and ur bike can be impounded.
Ida_Mann
Supreme Member

Location: There may be times when we are powerless to prevent injustice, but there must never be a time when we fail to protest.

I own and wear a purple sombrero

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: August 08, 2006, 10:38:58 PM »

when I get back in the state, I just might have to go out there to do a little riding and see what's up.

I'll report back.

Id@

Id@ M@nn

www.facebook.com/IdaShotMe
'99 Honda 400EX ATP'd (quietly making noise)
'02 Honda Foreman Rubicon
'00 Honda TRX90
8 X 20 Enclosed hauler/camper
"Show me a smooth operation and I'll show you someone who is hiding mistakes, real boats rock."
fire20

Finally! ATVFlorida.com is here!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: August 08, 2006, 10:51:36 PM »

I was out there Friday night and the past 2 daysand didn't have any problems or see any FWC. Keep me informed, I ride out there alot.

Dave
backwoods boy
Supreme Member

REBEL MOTORSPORTS

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: August 09, 2006, 07:23:58 PM »

i hadnt heard but a freind of mine has some property out there bout 1/2 between maytown n 5a last i heard he still owned it [talked to him sunday] a bunch of landowners out there had been wantin to close it down to people who didnt own property out there people trashin the place etc... last time we where out there someone had shot up n burnt his trailer just goes to show if ya start trashin places there aint gonna be nowhere left to ride anyhoo he told me i could ride out there anytime anyways we should git together n do a cleanup er somethin 

NObama08 '' nigga please its the WHITE house''
LIVE FAST-PLAY HARD-DIE LAUGHING
bigbirdh

with an atv there is no limit

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: August 10, 2006, 07:58:53 PM »

i have been riding out there for along time and never had a problem love it ou there we were thinking of going this weekend is there any more water or is still all dried up
gatorjohn

« Reply #6 on: August 11, 2006, 08:10:35 AM »

Was out there sunday and saw a friend that told me about the FWC story. Said they came in on 4 wheelers and went through the whole camp looking for firearms and drugs (didn't care about the beer). Other than that we saw no law sunday and it's pretty wet in some spots.
fire20

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: August 13, 2006, 02:11:41 PM »

update on 5A was out sat. night and no FWC anywhere, A guy we were riding with showed us his ticket from fri. night for riding on county right of way issued by FWC. They are concentrating on cutting through ditches and fence lines messing with wetlands.They say riding anywhere there are cattails is considered wetlands.

Dave
Round Man

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: September 14, 2006, 02:27:30 PM »

so far ,there is nothing they (FWC) can do,it IS NOT illeagal to ride there, park at 5A if you can find a place to park on sundays

LIFE IS NOT A JOURNEY TO THE GRAVE WITH THE INTENTION
OF ARRIVING SAFELY IN A PRETTY AND WELL PRESERVED BODY, BUT
RATHER TO SKID IN BROADSIDE, THOROUGHLY USED UP, TOTALLY
WORN OUT, AND LOUDLY PROCLAIMING - -----------

WOW - WHAT A RIDE!!!"
Dan

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: September 15, 2006, 03:15:16 AM »

Gotta love the Volusia County Sherriff's dept. and their new helicopter.  They finally scraped up enough revenue from speeding tickets and other methods of strong armed extortion to replace the helicopter that they wrecked 5 years ago.  Now they can chase more people riding through the woods in Osteen @ 12:30 am. 
06LimitedPred

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: September 15, 2006, 07:15:39 AM »

We all need to buy "Fire blankets" I bet if you put one of those thin fire blankets over top of you it'd hide your heat signature in FLIR.  Tongue

98 KX125
boneman

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: September 15, 2006, 06:26:48 PM »

We all need to buy "Fire blankets" I bet if you put one of those thin fire blankets over top of you it'd hide your heat signature in FLIR.

Better have one big enough to cover your atv too. That can put out some heat too. I spend alot of time in the air when i can which helps to keep the engine cool.  Brows
03dodge ram

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: October 17, 2006, 11:13:48 PM »

i plan on riding 5a this sat, how's the mud out there?
Tvillebob

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: October 19, 2006, 08:02:03 AM »

I have been out there just about every weekend I think there is more water than Mud but still fun...As for the the police and the FWC I have been stoped by both they are just looking for people drinking and shooting guns.  Cool
06LimitedPred

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #14 on: October 19, 2006, 10:02:30 AM »

I was there yesterday, there's mud in the usual spots, since it hasn't rained in a couple of weeks all of the water holes in the roads are dry.
i plan on riding 5a this sat, how's the mud out there?

98 KX125
03dodge ram

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: October 19, 2006, 07:24:07 PM »

ok thanks, ill be out there sat morning
dirtsurfer

extreme trike

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: October 19, 2006, 08:33:47 PM »

I'll be there sunday. I have the weird three wheeler. Stop me if you see me and I'll give a demo.

lean steering trike- you steer with your butt
jocolo

www.cycleworksgraphics.com

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: October 22, 2006, 08:25:43 PM »

A kid in a dirt bike got a peronal ebcouter with a tree yesterday at 40mph no riding gear, had to be airlifted, after this the cops will probably be back again
03dodge ram

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: October 22, 2006, 09:52:41 PM »

i was out there yesterday and didnt see or hear anything, but i left pretty early, i was out there today too and it was packed, and didnt see any cops, my buddy lost his wheel out there
jocolo

www.cycleworksgraphics.com

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: October 23, 2006, 10:01:15 PM »

They airlifted it at 3pm I left after that
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Other Florida sites of interest: www.PinballShark.com