Home ATV Florida Forum ATV Florida Where to Ride? ATV Florida Links Advertise

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Glad I converted to Ford now.  (Read 11474 times)
Gamer

Yamaha 350cc Wolverine 4*4

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #25 on: August 11, 2006, 01:43:02 PM »

Yea, it also means the F-150 is heavy as heck. We bought a fully loaded F-250 King Ranch Supercrew Fx4 and are extremely happy with it. Cheesy

I looked up the GVW for my truck and it's just over 7000 pounds.  It's almost as heavy as my wife's Expedition.  That explains the poor gas mileage.  I do however like the new Chevy Tahoo over the Expedition.  I just wish Chevy would have fixed that third row seat configuration in the back.  You still have to pull out those chairs if you want maximum storage space in the back.
Gamer

Yamaha 350cc Wolverine 4*4

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #26 on: August 11, 2006, 01:48:28 PM »

Thats not an independent study video. Rick Titus is in that video and he works for Ford sp its only gonna show the good points of Fords product.

Now that I think about it that video may have been from Ford's Web Site.  Still neat to watch though since it shows you which parts are better.
backwoods boy
Supreme Member

REBEL MOTORSPORTS

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #27 on: August 11, 2006, 01:58:09 PM »

i think ford makes the best engines n trannies v6 n larger [no one can beat a jap 4 cyl.] their elect. wiring sucks though but i'd rather have my power window go out than blow my engine or tranny  Grin
First
On
Race
Day

NObama08 '' nigga please its the WHITE house''
LIVE FAST-PLAY HARD-DIE LAUGHING
yunt2ride
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #28 on: August 11, 2006, 02:52:56 PM »

Yea, it also means the F-150 is heavy as heck. We bought a fully loaded F-250 King Ranch Supercrew Fx4 and are extremely happy with it. Cheesy

I looked up the GVW for my truck and it's just over 7000 pounds.  It's almost as heavy as my wife's Expedition.  That explains the poor gas mileage.  I do however like the new Chevy Tahoo over the Expedition.  I just wish Chevy would have fixed that third row seat configuration in the back.  You still have to pull out those chairs if you want maximum storage space in the back.

GVW rating is the Gross Volume Weight loaded with a load in the back, the trucks weight, driver and passengers, gas and everything else. The shipped weight is actual weight.

1997 Chevrolet 4WD extended cab
2005 Polaris 500HO 4X4 Hunter Edition Camo
Bigscrb15
Supreme Member

I'm a Florida Mud Rider

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #29 on: August 11, 2006, 03:55:53 PM »

I have that video, it is a "How Ford Trucks Are Built" dvd. It came in the dvd player when I bought my truck.

"When once you have tasted flight, you will forever walk the earth with your eyes turned skyward, for there you have been, and there you will always long to return."
rednipj

Just Hanging Around

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #30 on: August 11, 2006, 04:17:11 PM »

I like the look of the new chevy.  Looks like a semi to me.

Wait.... that's a Kodiak, not a Silverado.  Oops, my bad.

Still like the F650 better.

[attachment deleted by admin]
MadMudder
Supreme Member

Semper Fi

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #31 on: August 11, 2006, 04:58:53 PM »

Personally I dont like the new chevys. Even though im a chevy fan. But although chevy is taking steps back in the looks department, there going way foward with the powertrain. Lets see.

Ford: 5.4L V8 300hp
Dodge: 5.7L V8 345hp
Nissian: 5.6L V8 305hp
Chevy: 6.0L V8 367hp

So how is ford first on race day? Looks to me all those bolts and sheetmetal combined with least horsepower doesnt add up to a win.  Anyway fords and whatnot asside, chevy needs to start focusing their attention in other departments. While everybody else plays catchup with power, they need to get rid of that new body style. Its too low and looks like a pavement pounder than a real truck. I belive thats something we can all agree on. While were on the subject of looks, who has the best looking truck? Any ideas? Im going with dodge cause the chevys look bad, the titan and the ford look bland. But what do you guys think?

2013 BF650i 4x4
Stock; for now..
gtnwood

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #32 on: August 11, 2006, 06:49:19 PM »

As was already pointed out, independant studies are slanted like any statistical compilation, you can pretty much get them too say anything you want them too. I do however have a friend in the auto body business and has been for probably 20 years, anyway his learned opinion is that Ford builds they're vehicles, too include trucks as cheaply as possible knowing/excepting that they are going to break and play the odds that most people or at least some people are either too lazy or too busy to keep bringing the vehicles in for warranty work and this is the reason you can usually get a Ford cheaper than say a Chevy. One example he gave me is the number and/or size of welds in a Ford compared to a Chevy, apparently they are smaller and fewer in the Ford compared to the Chevy. This contributes to overall strength and rigidity. Just my two cents, I actually drive a 93 Exploder 4x4 so It does'nt matter when I smash into immoveable objects above ground level or below as long as I got my Ford tool (hammer) and a can of spray paint. Someday though I hope I can afford a Chevy.

'Political Correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and
rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition
that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end.'
(From a Texas A&M student)
2005 Kodiak 450, 26" 589s
MachineDog
Supreme Member

Ride Red!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #33 on: August 11, 2006, 08:02:35 PM »

It's like the damned "Honda sucks!! LOL" threads on highlifter.. *sigh*

http://img284.imageshack.us/img284/4291/p517000123ek.jpg
06 Rancher 350 4x4 - K&N, 1.5" Snorkel, 26" Mudbugs.
Spot Reserved for Big Bore.
http://www.flickr.com/photos/machinedogtag/ - Click to see our pics.
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Other Florida sites of interest: www.PinballShark.com