Home ATV Florida Forum ATV Florida Where to Ride? ATV Florida Links Advertise

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Glad I converted to Ford now.  (Read 11466 times)
Bigscrb15
Supreme Member

I'm a Florida Mud Rider

View Profile

Ignore
« on: August 08, 2006, 09:47:05 PM »

Well, during my search for a new truck I was very very tempted to hold off and get the new Chevy because they said it is taking design cues from Semi's and other large trucks. Finally found pictures of the actual 2008 model and it looks too much like an oversize Colorado. I do not like it. However the new Ford looks great. Too bad I already bought my Ford or I would wait for the new one with the new Powerstroke.

[attachment deleted by admin]

"When once you have tasted flight, you will forever walk the earth with your eyes turned skyward, for there you have been, and there you will always long to return."
Bigscrb15
Supreme Member

I'm a Florida Mud Rider

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: August 08, 2006, 09:47:39 PM »

"When once you have tasted flight, you will forever walk the earth with your eyes turned skyward, for there you have been, and there you will always long to return."
Bigscrb15
Supreme Member

I'm a Florida Mud Rider

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: August 08, 2006, 09:48:07 PM »

Bigscrb15
Supreme Member

I'm a Florida Mud Rider

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: August 08, 2006, 09:48:44 PM »

Bigscrb15
Supreme Member

I'm a Florida Mud Rider

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: August 08, 2006, 09:49:14 PM »

Bigscrb15
Supreme Member

I'm a Florida Mud Rider

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: August 08, 2006, 09:49:40 PM »

Ida_Mann
Supreme Member

Location: There may be times when we are powerless to prevent injustice, but there must never be a time when we fail to protest.

I own and wear a purple sombrero

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: August 08, 2006, 10:41:22 PM »

I agree on your opinion and mirror it,,,,,it also looks to me like the hood needs to be shut on the chevy.

Id@

Id@ M@nn

www.facebook.com/IdaShotMe
'99 Honda 400EX ATP'd (quietly making noise)
'02 Honda Foreman Rubicon
'00 Honda TRX90
8 X 20 Enclosed hauler/camper
"Show me a smooth operation and I'll show you someone who is hiding mistakes, real boats rock."
SomBch

beer....its whats for dinner

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: August 08, 2006, 10:44:05 PM »

i had a hard time adjusting in 99 with new design and again in 03, I think the chevy look kinda grows on you...kinda

THE DIFFERENCE BETWEEN GENIUS AND STUPID IS THAT GENIUS HAS ITS LIMITS.
Eworm
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: August 08, 2006, 11:08:18 PM »

This post sucks and the author should have bought a Chevy!!! Wink
yunt2ride
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: August 09, 2006, 09:17:35 AM »

You should have researched a little more. Those were Spy photos. Here is the truck on chevys website.

http://www.chevrolet.com/silverado/prelaunch/index.html

1997 Chevrolet 4WD extended cab
2005 Polaris 500HO 4X4 Hunter Edition Camo
Bigscrb15
Supreme Member

I'm a Florida Mud Rider

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: August 09, 2006, 09:33:33 AM »

You should have researched a little more. Those were Spy photos. Here is the truck on chevys website.

I did research.. I am sorry that the truck on chevy's website is BLUE. Other than that I fail to see any differences. It still looks like an oversized Colorado.

SomBch

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: August 09, 2006, 09:36:04 AM »

That is the truck thats coming out , at least thats what the area rep has told us and our dealship sells the most vehicles in the southeast, so we are gonna get a ton of em.

yunt2ride
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: August 09, 2006, 12:15:15 PM »

I did research.. I am sorry that the truck on chevy's website is BLUE. Other than that I fail to see any differences. It still looks like an oversized Colorado.

The chrome bumper on the spy photo is what makes it ugly, I will agree that the pics you posted shows an ugly truck but there is a big difference in looks of that red and blue one. When I first looked at the red spy photo I thought it looked to much like a Nissan Titan which is ugly with that side body color and chrome down the middle of the bumper. I do agree with you on those pics but the blue has the full color bumper molding. It may look like an overgrown Colorado but I do think the colorado is a nice looking truck.

Bigscrb15
Supreme Member

I'm a Florida Mud Rider

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: August 09, 2006, 12:47:27 PM »

I imagine the Blue one is an LTZ so it will have the matching bumper and trim. The red one is most likely an LT or something like that. Even with the color keyed moldings the truck still does not have a "tough" look. It is too low and does not look heavy duty enough. I also see the LTZ has the same dash setup as a Tahoe/Suburban/Avalanche and it is more luxury than truck.

However I see most the specs for this truck refer to half ton. The F-150 is also more luxury than truck. If chevy is going to go with a different style heavy duty truck I will have to change my opinion maybe. I don't see any mention of diesel so I am guessing the 08-09 HD will be different than this truck. In that case it is great to have such a luxurious half ton for people that need it and a more capable truck for the HD series.
« Last Edit: August 09, 2006, 12:49:39 PM by Bigscrb15 » Logged

SomBch

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #14 on: August 09, 2006, 01:05:19 PM »

It wont be very different (1500 vs 2500hd) the HD package actually is just a raised hood /grill center valance and 2" body lift. Other than those things the differences are very few.

backwoods boy
Supreme Member

REBEL MOTORSPORTS

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: August 09, 2006, 07:10:44 PM »

i think all the newer trucks are gettin uglier i wish ford would try to redo the late 70's look on the f series and broncos but w/ some of the newer comforts btw what happened to manual windows n the plastic floors n vinyl seats my grandpa had an old tacoma like that it was sweet it never got stained or anything

NObama08 '' nigga please its the WHITE house''
LIVE FAST-PLAY HARD-DIE LAUGHING
Bigscrb15
Supreme Member

I'm a Florida Mud Rider

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: August 09, 2006, 08:39:08 PM »

It wont be very different (1500 vs 2500hd) the HD package actually is just a raised hood /grill center valance and 2" body lift. Other than those things the differences are very few.

of course the running gears are bigger, but thats a given. In the current version you are correct, they are very similar other than the hood/grille combo. I am just thinking this truck is only mentioned as 1/2ton so chevy might be going towards the same as Ford with the 1/2ton being smaller and then have the heavy duty as a completely different chassis and sheetmetal.

SomBch

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: August 09, 2006, 08:53:31 PM »

Yes c1500 and 2500 have different running gear but running gear between a 2500 and a 2500hd are identical. And its doubtful GM with all there troubles will have different sheet metal for the different series.But we havent got the word on that yet.Most likely it will be like last body style - c1500 & c2500 get new body style c3500 will have old body style(at least for two years)Also the truck market has changed with regard to luxury(people actually demand a nicely appointed interior)and ford actually led the way in that regard .It wasnt till Id say 96-97 that chevy made a truck interior that was as nice as fords.
« Last Edit: August 09, 2006, 08:58:31 PM by SomBch » Logged

fastrnrik
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: August 09, 2006, 09:39:25 PM »

I don't know why. I loved having reach clear across the truck to the other dash to access the radio on the late 80's / early 90's chevy trucks.lol
Dr.Dirt
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: August 09, 2006, 11:07:40 PM »

You may not like the way that Chevy looks right now, but when its towing your Ford all the time it will start to grow on you.   Grin
Gamer

Yamaha 350cc Wolverine 4*4

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: August 11, 2006, 10:22:39 AM »

There is a video going around done by an independant research group that takes apart a Chevy, Ford and Dodge truck down to the last bolt.  It compares all the parts of the three trucks and you would be amazed how superior the ford parts are.  The Dodge and Chevy parts just look cheap.  Even the bolts Ford uses are bigger and thicker.  The steel plating underneath the bed is twice as thick in the Ford.  Most High Performance Tech shops know about it.  I just bought a new Black 2006 F150 Lariat Supercrew fully loaded and it came with 20 inch wheels from the factory.  It's bad ass.
MachineDog
Supreme Member

Ride Red!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #21 on: August 11, 2006, 11:00:46 AM »

There is a video going around done by an independant research group that takes apart a Chevy, Ford and Dodge truck down to the last bolt.  It compares all the parts of the three trucks and you would be amazed how superior the ford parts are.  The Dodge and Chevy parts just look cheap.  Even the bolts Ford uses are bigger and thicker.  The steel plating underneath the bed is twice as thick in the Ford.  Most High Performance Tech shops know about it.  I just bought a new Black 2006 F150 Lariat Supercrew fully loaded and it came with 20 inch wheels from the factory.  It's bad ass.

Yea, it also means the F-150 is heavy as heck. We bought a fully loaded F-250 King Ranch Supercrew Fx4 and are extremely happy with it. Cheesy

http://img284.imageshack.us/img284/4291/p517000123ek.jpg
06 Rancher 350 4x4 - K&N, 1.5" Snorkel, 26" Mudbugs.
Spot Reserved for Big Bore.
http://www.flickr.com/photos/machinedogtag/ - Click to see our pics.
backinsaddle

« Reply #22 on: August 11, 2006, 11:08:06 AM »

that may be true, until you start taking the motor apart, just look at the difference in size of the connecting rods between the 3 vehicles
SomBch

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #23 on: August 11, 2006, 11:20:17 AM »

I have said it before, independent studies are usually funded by those that wish to sell you something ,and considering Ford is trading at under 8.00 dollars, i wonder who funded that?That being said, obviouslly they didnt look at the sheet metal , because Dodge truck tailgates are arm breakers and  there bed sides weight a ton.If you want to buy a good truck , buy the truck you like no matter what brand, everyone makes a good vehicle these days.
« Last Edit: August 11, 2006, 11:35:01 AM by SomBch » Logged

yunt2ride
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #24 on: August 11, 2006, 12:18:37 PM »

Thats not an independent study video. Rick Titus is in that video and he works for Ford sp its only gonna show the good points of Fords product.

Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Other Florida sites of interest: www.PinballShark.com