Home ATV Florida Forum ATV Florida Where to Ride? ATV Florida Links Advertise

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Anyone for Back Lakes?  (Read 4515 times)
94Hardbody4x4
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« on: August 03, 2006, 08:32:44 AM »

Every Sunday myself and few buddies usually head out to Back Lakes to wheel. There is also about 30-40 other people out there in trucks and ATV's. Last time there was about 6 Rhino's and a Chevy on tractor tires.

There are a few mudholes in the back, lots of trails, and sand pits and water holes in the back.

Directions: It's on the border of Vero Beach and Ft. Pierce off of Old Dixie Highway. Heading North on US-1 you'll want to take a left at Highland Drive. Then take another left at Old Dixie. About 1/2 mile down the road you'll see a Y in the road to your right. Take a right at the stop sign and follow that road until you see the trail.

Heading South on US-1 you'll want to take a right onto Higlands Drive and then follow the directions above^^^^^^

We usually drag the trailer down the trail to the back mudhole. It's easie as long as you have 4WD and know how to use it. It's soft sand at the entrance. However, you can park out front off to the side of the road if you need to.

I wouldn't recomend driving 2 hours to go wheeling there, but if anyone lives in the surrounding area then feel free to stop by sunday and wheel. We usually head out around 1pm or so.

Parting out 2005 Honda Foreman....ASK ME!
sweetrider215

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: August 03, 2006, 08:34:47 AM »

is it legal

yamaha big bear 400 oc 4wd 05
 mud gear tires
 winch
 cargobox/seet
yamaha pw 80cc 07
yamaha wolverine 350 06
Chevy Silverado 1500 07
94Hardbody4x4
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: August 03, 2006, 08:44:20 AM »

Uhhh, well, it kindof hard to say.

Lets put it this way, my dad wheel'd there when he was a kid and so have many of the older locals. It's a very well known place. I've never seen a cop anywhere near it.

If anyone ever talks about cops being around there then they are refferring to the wetland at the Grasstrails, not Back Lakes. Down the road from it is a Morman Church which has protected wetland and trails behind it. But ofcourse there is the few dumbasses that feel they can go 4-wheeling there. Thats when the cops chase them out.

I talked to a cop one time about Back Lakes and he said that the property owner lives somewhere in New York and they can't get a hold of him. There fore, they dont have permission to block off the trails and patrol it or something. Trust me, it's a safe place to ride, I've been going there religiously for 2 years now and never once had a problem.

94Hardbody4x4
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: August 04, 2006, 12:50:43 PM »

Nobody in Ft.Pierce or Sebastian wants to tag along?

sweetrider215

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: August 07, 2006, 05:51:25 PM »

we would like to tag along but the thing is  is my dads truck is a basic work one and it is only 2wd  so he doesnt want to get stuck trying to get in the place and he dont want to get his truck robbed like the guy at holylands  so how we would we get in and like set up without getting stuck

yamaha big bear 400 oc 4wd 05
 mud gear tires
 winch
 cargobox/seet
yamaha pw 80cc 07
yamaha wolverine 350 06
Chevy Silverado 1500 07
94Hardbody4x4
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: August 07, 2006, 07:41:14 PM »

we would like to tag along but the thing is  is my dads truck is a basic work one and it is only 2wd  so he doesnt want to get stuck trying to get in the place and he dont want to get his truck robbed like the guy at holylands  so how we would we get in and like set up without getting stuck

Well, we wont be back there for 2 weeks since Mudfest is next weekend. We've always parked our truck at the entrance and never had a problem. It's not the most "impressive" neigborhood but we've never had a problem.

backwoods boy
Supreme Member

REBEL MOTORSPORTS

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: August 07, 2006, 09:13:42 PM »

no one cares austin. and there were no more than 3 rhinos that sunday. 6 rhinos? what is this mufest. dont lie to these people. anyways im gettin my warrior preety soon gunna be preety sick. and im gunna try to sell me honda and get an enduro. also today i practiced wheelies from 1st gear into second but by the time i get into second the front wheel is back down on the ground. its really hard especially when theres only 100cc's underneath me. those some 100 cc's however destroy your 500cc's. well i kickass. also i am building a shed in my backyard 15x10 to house my dirtbike and atv and im gunna make a worktable and put all my tools and stuff in there maybe a fridge too. my garage is too crowded with crap to work on anything like my 3 wheel bike which is soon to be chainsaw powered.

dude 94 hardbody y would you even go riding w/ this kinda jerk i dont know who he thinks dont care but if i lived round there id be headin out to any place i could find to ride whether there be 3 or 6 rhinos  btw how far is that from cocoa might be in the neighborhood 1 weekend im currently havin to drive to holopaw [se] just to get some muddin in

NObama08 '' nigga please its the WHITE house''
LIVE FAST-PLAY HARD-DIE LAUGHING
94Hardbody4x4
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: August 08, 2006, 08:20:53 AM »

Lets see, how far is Coco from Vero Beach? I think it's like a 1-1/2 hour ride for ya. When it's more wet out there then there seems to be alot more people. It was just really dry out there last weekend so hardly any trucks, just a bunch of 4-wheelers. Plus it was dusty as hell.

If your ever in the neighborhood, shoot me a PM and let me know. Theres no actual "City Approved" wheeling spots here ofcourse, thats why I dont want people to drive a long ways to ride. But if your in the neighborhood then stop on by. Coco really isn't to far anyways.

backwoods boy
Supreme Member

REBEL MOTORSPORTS

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: August 08, 2006, 07:33:24 PM »

all right kool

NObama08 '' nigga please its the WHITE house''
LIVE FAST-PLAY HARD-DIE LAUGHING
94Hardbody4x4
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: September 03, 2006, 08:27:25 AM »

Well, I'm headed to Back Lakes today at any time. Anybody is welcome to go. It's VERY wet out there and will be plenty fun. I also need to test out my new 26" Mud Lites. There will be people out there for sure today so feel free to come.

pacmaann69

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: February 18, 2007, 04:54:58 PM »

Black lakes is now completely blocked off there is one entrance but its got two big no tresspassing signs on it. I went up there and started to look around and the neighbors took about 2 min to start giving me the eye.
nascarfreak88

« Reply #11 on: February 18, 2007, 05:25:11 PM »

its been blocked off for a while now.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Other Florida sites of interest: www.PinballShark.com