Home ATV Florida Forum ATV Florida Where to Ride? ATV Florida Links Advertise

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Help with Winches and Tires and Lift kits.  (Read 3248 times)
AmericanRobster
Supreme Member

2006 Arctic Cat 500 TRV 4X4

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« on: August 01, 2006, 10:32:34 PM »

I was wondering if anyone could help me with the selection of my winch for my Arctic Cat TRV 500 4X4. I want to know which warn winch I should get. How many pounds? 2500? 3000? for my ATV. 

Also, one day I want to put bigger tires on my atv with some nice wheels. I was looking into the itp mud lite tires and possibly a lift kit. I want to know since I have a new machine if my warranty could get voided out for a lift kit and tires and rims.

Finnally, I want to know if putting bigger wheels,tires, and a lift kit would require changing of the gearing to the atv.

Thanks for the help.

2006 Acrtic Cat TRV 500 4X4

1997 Chevy Silverado

2007 Dodge Ram 1500 Thunder Road
FOREMANRON

Finally! ATVFlorida.com is here!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: August 01, 2006, 11:03:16 PM »

I HAVE THE 3.0, IT HAS A LIFETIME WARRANTY AND IS SEALED ALOT BETTER FOR THE WATER. YOU SHOULDN`T HAVE TO LIFT THAT BIKE IT HAS PLENTY OF LIFT STOCK. THEY SHOULD WARRANTY IT WITH THE TIRES AND WHEELS BECAUSE THEY SELL THEM WITH AFTER MARKET TIRES AND WHEELS

2007 POLARIS RANGER 700 MOSSY OAK WITH A WARN 4.0 WINCH,2006
POLARIS SPORTSMAN 700
Cory1020

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: August 01, 2006, 11:38:02 PM »

you should get at least a 2500 pound since its a full size. warn even says the 1500 lbs is for entry level quads or sport bikes. as for a lift like foremanron said artic cats usally had good lift stock and i dont see why they would void the warrenty b/c of tires when they sell them at the dealership. but for clearence on tires it epends on what size. you should be able to go up to 27s or 28s easily.

99 F-150 4x4
8" lift on 35x13.5 cooper sst

02 Rubicon
06 Rancher 4x4
01 Rancher 4x4
98 Fourtrax 2x4
06 Raptor 700
05 Rincon
MadMudder
Supreme Member

Semper Fi

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: August 01, 2006, 11:47:51 PM »

Well, I would say a 3000 pound winch would be good because your moving a pretty big bike and if you get stuck with aftermarket tires thats gonna be allot for a winch to get out. But I do agree with them, artic cats have plenty of clerance stock so unless it stays in the mud then a lift would probably have more downsides than ups. As far as tires go, everybody is gonna tell you something different. The mudlites are a good trail/mud tire. I use them and with great luck. Not to mention they will probably last the life of the bike cause there 6 ply and i have 2500 miles on mine and still 3/4 tread left. But if more mud performance is required than you might want to look at a XTR mudlite or 589's. Hope this helps and if you have any more questions i can probably anwser them..

2013 BF650i 4x4
Stock; for now..
AmericanRobster
Supreme Member

2006 Arctic Cat 500 TRV 4X4

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: August 02, 2006, 09:28:54 PM »

Thanks alot guys for all the help!!!!

2006 Acrtic Cat TRV 500 4X4

1997 Chevy Silverado

2007 Dodge Ram 1500 Thunder Road
Southern4x4
Supreme Member

Turn off them blinkers to save blinker fluid.

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: August 02, 2006, 09:30:14 PM »

yeah mudlites are awsome!!so are vamps for mud

[><]Southern by the grace of God[><]
MachineDog
Supreme Member

Ride Red!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: August 02, 2006, 09:37:00 PM »

Don't get regular mudlites, they don't clean out well. I'd recommend you get some 27" tires in a mudlite XTRs for comfort and good mudding ability. Or if you would rather skip the comfort a bit, go with some 27" Outlaws and they'd be AWESOME in the mud. As for a lift kit you don't really need one but the 2" lift kit from Highlifter is 90 bucks and doesn't require expensive as heck gorilla axles. And the winch, the 2500 will be fine but I'd recommend going with the synthetic cable so it's easier to work with and if it snaps it ain't going to recoil and split your face in open.

http://img284.imageshack.us/img284/4291/p517000123ek.jpg
06 Rancher 350 4x4 - K&N, 1.5" Snorkel, 26" Mudbugs.
Spot Reserved for Big Bore.
http://www.flickr.com/photos/machinedogtag/ - Click to see our pics.
Southern4x4
Supreme Member

Turn off them blinkers to save blinker fluid.

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: August 03, 2006, 09:44:36 AM »

Don't get regular mudlites, they don't clean out well. I'd recommend you get some 27" tires in a mudlite XTRs for comfort and good mudding ability. Or if you would rather skip the comfort a bit, go with some 27" Outlaws and they'd be AWESOME in the mud. As for a lift kit you don't really need one but the 2" lift kit from Highlifter is 90 bucks and doesn't require expensive as heck gorilla axles. And the winch, the 2500 will be fine but I'd recommend going with the synthetic cable so it's easier to work with and if it snaps it ain't going to recoil and split your face in open.
yeah also it wont rust up and get all stiff.

[><]Southern by the grace of God[><]
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Other Florida sites of interest: www.PinballShark.com