Home ATV Florida Forum ATV Florida Where to Ride? ATV Florida Links Advertise

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: any news on more state riding parks?  (Read 6988 times)
Krisrider300ex

Finally, ATVFlorida.com is here!

View Profile

Ignore
« on: September 14, 2003, 09:00:52 AM »

Roll Eyes has anyone heard of the new state riding parks they are suppose to be building throughout florida?  now that the prices at croom have gone up & registering bikes thru state is required to ride there, the money is suppose to support these new parks, which is fine w/me, if they get the ball rolling.

i live in hollywood/ft lauderdale area and there really is no where to ride here anymore.  if anyone know if places in this area, even a couple of hours away is o.k. thanks for any info.
erbilabuc
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: September 14, 2003, 02:51:01 PM »

i think the state is taking the money and running as fast and far as possible with it.

Thug Nasty
1 good thing about being bull-legged is you never need a belt.
kfx3224

2003 Kawasaki KFX400

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: September 19, 2003, 06:02:45 AM »

in lake city, fl we had a county meeting with the green ways and trails organization to convert a place known as kirby pits into an atv park. the meeting went very well. i know for a fact that more people at the meeting was for it then against it. ;d i also know for a fact that all of the old geezers we have for county commisioners are against it. Angry
so i dont think it will make it. all of the people that live in the area are saying that the noise levels would be to high. i know from riding that the pipes my buds and i use use can be loud in the immediate area, but the noise drops pretty fast the further away you get. we have alot of forest areas to ride in around here and that helps, but you have to be careful of the little green guys with the big ticket books. hunting season is also coming so it is wise to stay out of the woods on an atv. hunters get pretty upset about the noisy pipes during hunting season which i can understand and respect. we are still fighting for an area to ride in lake city. the kirby pits would not be my first choice for a park, but i will think something is always better than nothing. i will keep everyone up to date on what happens as it happens.
SkyHighT100
Supreme Member

Enough Bullsh*t... LETS RIDE!

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: September 22, 2003, 07:23:24 AM »

i live in the orange city/deland/sanford area of volusia county. i can tell you that there are tons of places worth putting a park up. it just sucks that 98% of the people living out here are old. i work at a hardware store, and on the weekends we are always having people come in to get stuff for their atvs or dirtbikes. if a spot went up here there would be tons of business. they need to hurry up and make up their mind... otherwise... i'm moving, lol. i have having a $4000 bike and no where to ride it!

The true measure of a man is how high he bounces after hitting the bottom

Proud owner of an '06 LTR and a '00 300EX... both have too many mods to list Smiley

http://www.myspace.com/humrz28
erbilabuc
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: September 23, 2003, 07:26:22 PM »

to me it seems like florida is one of the biggest markets for atv/dirtbike riders. we have a large population of people and these people need other things to do.

im just rambling

Thug Nasty
Flat_Out

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: September 29, 2003, 07:51:43 PM »

well, does not look like the sarasota area will get one of the parks.  to many gray hairs living in this area!  i guess that we will continue to ride where we have been or drive an hour and 15min to ride legally!!!! ;d

wow 110,000 registered bikes in florida.  lets do the math    ( 35.00? dollars x 110,00 = 3,850,000)  looks like we see who got the shaft on the registration fees for new areas.  all that money and we still have to drive on a dirt rutted out road at croom. Angry

north port -- a local group of all-terrain vehicle owners has asked sarasota county to join its effort to get nearly 400 acres of state land put aside for off-road riding.

but george tatge, beaches and natural areas manager for the county parks and recreation department, said he's doubtful the county will help.

tatge said he attended a meeting tuesday of the atv-ad hoc committee, an organization made up of area atv riders and merchants, intending to discuss the environmental damage for which atvs have been blamed in north port parks.

he said he was especially concerned with pollution, soil erosion, habitat destruction, and litter at the myakkahatchee creek park at reistertown road and estates drive, and at county-managed oaks park near sumter boulevard and interstate 75.

but group chairman john wilson, owner of action power sports in nokomis, told tatge that the atv committee isn't looking to ride in those two parks and would instead like to see an alternate site set aside in the 8,600-acre myakka state forest.

tatge said wednesday he felt the group had good intentions, but that he did not expect the county to support its efforts.

a state forestry department report submitted to the governor jan. 1 lists 390 acres of the pine tree-covered myakka forest as one of three finalists to become an atv recreational area.

at a discussion about the state report in april, the sarasota county commission voiced opposition to the plan.

during this week's meeting, wilson defended the use of the forest by off-road vehicles.

"a state forest is for the consumptive use of the public," he said, noting that 33,000 off-road vehicles were sold in florida in 2002, and 110,000 are now registered.

he said the demand for off-road riding would continue to grow, and part of a state forest is the place to do it.

"i hope you guys will realize the value of letting the state give us an area to ride and get us off your parks," he said.

setting aside part of the forest for riders would help prevent further damage to myakkahatchee creek park and the oaks, he said.

"you'd get more people here (the forest), so people would quit riding in places where they shouldn't be riding," he said.

wilson said an atv park would do less environmental damage than any one of the dozens of golf courses built around the area.

2003 Suzuki Vinson - Stock
"Son If I Wanted To Talk To Your Mother, I Would Have Bought A Car"
JeffP
Supreme Member

Suzuki Z400

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: September 30, 2003, 07:32:59 AM »

nice to see there is a voice out there for us.  laying down the facts the way they should be presented.

Jeff Peterson
Was the badest 2003 Suzuki Z400
Wa to many mods to list with only 300 Characters
tat2mike
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: October 14, 2003, 01:21:19 PM »

to my understanding and im not one to know all the facts but i hard there is a state law passed that there will be 5 ohv parks locations presented on jan 1st now croom and ocala national forest are 2 that leaves 3 more rumour of 2 i heard were in w.p.b. and naples if they are correct that leaves one more spot   keeping my fingers crossed   as for krisrider they are opening a new track in clewiston i also live in the hollywood area  the track will have a motocross track in wich they are trying to sponsor national events a mini track and a sand drag strip hopefully they will have room for scramble trails but i havent heard of any

Formally tecatemike
V-Quad

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: October 14, 2003, 01:54:32 PM »

the ocala national forest is federal land not state so that would not be included in the 5 ride areas you are talking about

07 renegade,08 rzr,07 ranger 700 xp,05 scrambler 500
04 yfz450,06 predator 90
tat2mike
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: October 14, 2003, 03:37:11 PM »

even better  ;d   you live in st cloud? i used to live back in poinciana use to ride a banshee on the polk county side

Formally tecatemike
V-Quad

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: October 15, 2003, 10:33:14 AM »

oh yah,
you can still venture out there but technically its not a legal ride area...
it is a beautiful place to ride though...
that would be a great spot for the state to put a ride area..

07 renegade,08 rzr,07 ranger 700 xp,05 scrambler 500
04 yfz450,06 predator 90
Mars
Supreme Member

When I feel athletic, I go to a sports bar.

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: October 15, 2003, 10:58:50 AM »

the story changes every week here in naples. the pass and started the latest scam here two weeks ago. if you didn’t know, the water table in bad luck/squares will be raised about two feet. they will be plugging canals and ripping some roads out to "hydrate" the area.
the local gov has been promising an atv park for ten years....
again the buy land with our tax dollors and tell you you cant use it.

04 Z400
99 Foreman 450s, AKA The Pig.
arod
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: October 16, 2003, 09:10:14 PM »

went to squares earlier this summer and a 'ranger' was out checking up on things. he stopped and we spoke for a while. he told us within the next year or so they were going to flood out the squares and nobody was going to be able to ride there anymore. something about the land being erroded and some type of enviro-crap,so it could grow and re-flourish. then i asked him what was going to happen to all the roads and the campgrounds down by bad-luck,gave no answer. just told us to make sure we take our trash with us and  he left. i did not make much of it cause i think it would be kind of hard to keep people away. i dont care, i will continue to ride as long as i can! and when i can not,i will go to the next spot on the list i have!!!
tat2mike
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: October 17, 2003, 05:29:50 AM »

share the list arod   Shocked

Formally tecatemike
erbilabuc
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #14 on: November 23, 2004, 11:03:39 PM »

any updates  Grin

Thug Nasty
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Other Florida sites of interest: www.PinballShark.com