Home ATV Florida Forum ATV Florida Where to Ride? ATV Florida Links Advertise

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Where to ride near Ft. Myers  (Read 15405 times)
sling-n-mud

View Profile

Ignore
« on: July 24, 2006, 11:08:04 AM »

Anyone heard of a place called Jaguar Lake?  Also, which is better for a newbie of sorts (always had dirt bikes just buying LTZ400) - C&R or I-Cross?  Thanks! Smiley
rednipj

Just Hanging Around

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: July 24, 2006, 01:04:45 PM »

Jaquar lake is closed.  Developer bought it and is building there.  C&R is about an hour from where you are at, add another half hour to get to L-Cross.  They are both pretty much good mud areas to ride.  C&R has some areas to the north that we where starting some generic tracks on for the sport bikes.  Never been to L-cross.
rednipj

Just Hanging Around

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: July 24, 2006, 01:15:27 PM »

Another area that I was looking at is Holyland.  It will be about 1 1/2 hours from where you are at.  Right now I hear it's wet and muddy, I was going to wait for it to dry up a little in the winter then go.  Right down the street from you in Lehigh was one of the best places to ride, but now it's loaded with homes.  My bikes a little too loud to be riding next to people's houses.
« Last Edit: July 24, 2006, 03:39:13 PM by rednipj » Logged
sling-n-mud

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: July 24, 2006, 01:18:26 PM »

We just bought off Higgins off Cemetery Road in Buckingham.  There's lots of 4wheelers out there...and we've been told there are trails that take you all the way to Sunshine.  We can hear 4 wheelers and even big trucks in a mud bog close by, but we haven't checked it out yet...Just getting the LTZ this afternoon, so if we find the trails we're told of, I'll let you know...
rednipj

Just Hanging Around

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: July 24, 2006, 01:25:03 PM »

I know all the trails out there I grew up off of cemetary, just went out there lately and there is a house by every trail out there now.  Like I said, I feel that my bike is too loud.  I would be pi$$ed if someone was riding it by my house.  But that's my opinion, to each his own.  The trials start there at cemetary road and you could go all the way back thru Greenbriar across Joel Blvd. and back to the Hendry county line.  There are trails out there, just too many houses for me.  Have fun.
« Last Edit: July 24, 2006, 08:54:59 PM by rednipj » Logged
mikeE36
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: July 24, 2006, 10:31:22 PM »

We just bought off Higgins off Cemetery Road in Buckingham.  There's lots of 4wheelers out there...and we've been told there are trails that take you all the way to Sunshine.  We can hear 4 wheelers and even big trucks in a mud bog close by, but we haven't checked it out yet...Just getting the LTZ this afternoon, so if we find the trails we're told of, I'll let you know...

dude your an idiot posting that spot on here. Now everyone is going to go and get it closed. Delete this post.
Thrumud
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: July 24, 2006, 11:23:28 PM »

That is not a legal area !  Get caught and you're in deep with the cops.  A police chopper was there Sunday! 

rednipj

Just Hanging Around

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: July 25, 2006, 08:15:49 AM »

And I've seen the sheriff cars sit at the end of Cemetary or at Higgins waiting for the atvs to drive by.  I have a couple of sheriff buddies and back when there was a lot of riding back there, they said they get a hundred calls a night from home owners complaining about the noise.  I haven't took my raptor out there in 2 years, I went out 2 weekends ago on my dads atv, which is alot quieter, and there is a house on every trail. 

The sand pit off of 38th street has a house in the middle of it.  The hill track on 40th street, houses.  The mud hole at june and 63rd, house.  The Berm track at 75th, houses near by.  The long track off of Olive and 62nd has houses nearby.  Even the trail ride thru the trees at 48th where the bumb lives has houses now.  And every trail leading to any one of these places has a house by it and they will complain about the noise.  Even though there is a right of way next to their property they consider it theirs and feel you shouldn't be trespassing on it.  Riding out there will get you in trouble.

I have seen people riding off of S.R. 82 near Daniels ext. but I don't know how much longer thats going to last.  People are paying alot of money for their homes and land now and do not want the noise.  The planes are loud enough.

I ride C&R now, you just have to wait for event dates to ride there.  There is also L-Cross and holyland all within an hour and a half.  Northport is no more and people are riding Yucapan again, but if you get caught plan on a ticket.  Have to help the people in Naples free up some areas so everyone can ride down there.

Then there is always croom and ONF which are about 3 to 4 hours away.  So, good luck, there are some places to ride they're just not at your back door anymore.  Welcome to New Florida.
Thrumud
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: July 25, 2006, 10:02:17 PM »

Maybe if you guys get involved and show up at the Collier County meetings you wouldn't have to drive hours away ... Click here for more info.  http://www.atvflorida.com/forum/index.php/topic,16273.0.html

rednipj

Just Hanging Around

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: July 26, 2006, 10:29:30 AM »

Rancher, sent you a PM
mikeE36
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: July 26, 2006, 05:23:53 PM »

hey slingnmud, there is a decent place to ride on sr 31. cook and brown road. go north on state rd 31 and a little over the charlette county line right before sr 74. the first four miles or so is houses but once you get to the last mile there isnt that many houses. once you get to the trail riding place there is no houses. if you need more detailed directions like where the trail is let me know. theres trails and lots of mud. very big place.

thanks for ruining the spot. Now you will get everyone from atvflorida there.

good job Angry
Eworm
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: July 27, 2006, 12:06:57 PM »

hey slingnmud, there is a decent place to ride on sr 31. cook and brown road. go north on state rd 31 and a little over the charlette county line right before sr 74. the first four miles or so is houses but once you get to the last mile there isnt that many houses. once you get to the trail riding place there is no houses. if you need more detailed directions like where the trail is let me know. theres trails and lots of mud. very big place.

good job Angry

Dude, WTF is wrong with you?? Get over it pal!!!
mikeE36
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: July 28, 2006, 08:00:39 PM »

good job Angry

Dude, WTF is wrong with you?? Get over it pal!!!

nothings wrong with me. Its idiots like you who ruin the spots. They announce to the world where to ride and the next thing someone gets hurt then sues and the spots gone. Happend to northport and now thanks to you guys will happen here. You like a spot keep it secret period
Nick350R

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: July 29, 2006, 12:18:33 AM »

EXACTLY!!!!!

PLUS THERE ARE COPS SWARMMING THERE ALL THE TIME!

WOULD NOT RECOMEND THIS PLACE TO ANYONE, BECAUSE OF THE COP TROUBLE!

I GOT SOOO MANY TICKETS, AND THEY COULD HAVE HAD MY ATV TAKEN AWAY!

LAST TIME I WILL EVER GO THERE AGAIN!!!!

DON"T GO, UNLESS U LIKE TO GIVE AWAY MONEY AND YOUR BIKES!
Headz400

Let me ride in peace...

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #14 on: August 01, 2006, 05:26:37 PM »

My friend just moved to FT.Myers and he told me there was alot of trails over there that are legal..
He went and saw a whole bunch of sport bikes and asked around.. Once he finishes with the closing and all that im headed over to ride all day.
rednipj

Just Hanging Around

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: August 02, 2006, 08:28:18 AM »

They are not really legal.  About once a year the sheriff dept. gets tired of the complaints and bring out the 4 wheelers and the helicopter and gives out a lot of warnings, a few tickets, and some arrest, depends on what your doing and who you are.  Then everyone slacks up and it starts all over again.  But they are receiving more and more complaints, people are paying alot of money for their homes and do not like the noise polution (really, they just like to complain about everything Angry).  So ride safe.  Make sure you wear your helmet and eye protection and you should just get a warning.  Unless you run your mouth.
« Last Edit: August 02, 2006, 04:28:41 PM by rednipj » Logged
Thrumud
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: August 08, 2006, 01:38:11 AM »

As of Friday the 4th that area is off limits.  Lee County Sheriff will be on ATV s looking for riders.

rednipj

Just Hanging Around

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: August 08, 2006, 07:43:12 AM »

There are 3 areas listed. Which area are you talking about.  Cemetary, 82, or 31.  I can't ride anyway, but it might help others.

Thanks,
rednipj

Just Hanging Around

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: August 08, 2006, 09:57:01 AM »

good job Angry

And now that you quoted what he said it's still posted even after he deleted his post. There is a right way to complain about a post.  Quoting it and putting it back on top will just get it notice that much easier.

good job Angry
Thrumud
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: August 09, 2006, 02:06:34 AM »

There are 3 areas listed. Which area are you talking about.  Cemetary, 82, or 31.  I can't ride anyway, but it might help others.

Thanks,

ALL OF THE ABOVE

rednipj

Just Hanging Around

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: August 09, 2006, 10:05:17 AM »

SFWMD is putting a stop to all ohv riding in south florida.  Collier, Dade, Lee... It's not going to stop until they get all of us out.  When and where is that meeting.
SWFRider

Nothing to see here , Move along !

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #21 on: August 09, 2006, 09:45:37 PM »

Well the only way to win this battle is to pull together and threaten to vote out politicians that dont want to help.. IE vote out incumbants. Let them know that we have friends and family and even people that dont like quad riding that would rather see us in designated riding areas then juts out and about on vacant lands. Example: Thousands of illegal mexicans come out and protest their right to be here , use our hospitals and other services at our expense. And ATV riders , American Taxpayers cant even get a place to ride. Our law enforcent wont even get rid of people breaking our laws by being here illegaly and not paying taxes , yet will harrass a family of American Born Taxpayers just out to have fun on our quads. Dont give me excuses about bad riders and people dieing. People die everyday on americans roads just going to work. We dont ban cars. Our legal system is not designed to punish the masses due to a couple of idiots. Any officer that says that, has forgotten their job. Any politician that talks like this has forgotten who put them in office. Me and my wife and friends have already decided to vote out all emcombants that didnt or havent supported this sport. I am tired of waiting for florida to wake up and stop the overdevelopment of our great state. Anyone else notice that the 2 biggest riding areas are in northern florida.

Man Iam pissed !!!!!!!!!!!!! Angry
« Last Edit: August 09, 2006, 09:49:47 PM by SWFRider » Logged

http://home.earthlink.net/~chstevens04/quads/my06raptor.jpg
06 Yamaha Rator 700 - AC Nerfs and Bumper , GYTR Air Filter Complete,Yoshi RS 7 Pipe,Dobeck TFI
05 Yamaha 350 Raptor K&N Filters , HMF Slip-on, Edelbrock Carb, GYTR Air Filter Complete
Thrumud
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #22 on: August 10, 2006, 02:48:18 PM »

Update:  I spoke with John Waldron yesterday,  The meeting will be held in Ft Myers on the 28th of Sept.  The meeting will be held from 10AM to 2:30PM.  REMEMBER, This meeting is not to b!tch about no areas to ride.  The OHV Advisory Committee is ON OUR SIDE.  You will have your chance to speak at this meeting but don't point the finger at them. 

At this meeting the committee will talk about current riding areas, areas that are potential for OHV, area / areas that are in the works.  Grants, how we could apply for them, how you can help as a user group, requesting land use for special event, county and city concerns, lots more. 

John Walfron from the DOF will be contacting me with the location of the meeting.  That's all we are waiting for. 

Who will show:  Dealers -FL Motorsport, Sun Sports, other dealers, Local Sheriff Department, State wide clubs, former OHV members, ATV enthusiast, Media, Local paper.  THIS IS BIG GUYS !

The minute I get the location, I will post it on a new post.

Better be there ...see you there.

st577

Finally! ATVFlorida.com is here!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #23 on: August 26, 2006, 05:57:57 PM »

I will plan to be there along with some fellow off road enthusiasts. Keep us informed on the location.

04 660r pipe,jetted,bars, skid plate
Shotgun
Supreme Member

2003 Yamaha Kodiak, 2004 Suzuki Eiger, 2007 Seadoo

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #24 on: August 29, 2006, 12:08:31 AM »

Cool, let me know when and where.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Other Florida sites of interest: www.PinballShark.com