Home ATV Florida Forum ATV Florida Where to Ride? ATV Florida Links Advertise

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Now I need ebay help please!  (Read 2880 times)
Loven It
Supreme Member

Finally! ATVFlorida.com is here!

View Profile

Ignore
« on: July 14, 2006, 02:33:34 PM »

Has anyone retracted a bid before? I am trying to figure out what happens when you do.

I won an auction and have not been able to get a response from the seller. I do not want to send money to someone who will not return your calls or emails since the auction ended.

Thanks in advance

99 Honda 400ex
01 Polaris Trailblazer
06 Honda 90cc
05 Kazuma 50cc

https://www.nationalmssociety.org//FLC/personal/default.asp?pa=52649935&pd=FLC0EMS120060429WWT
4fittyr

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: July 14, 2006, 02:49:54 PM »

never retracted a bid on ebay but as my rule of thumb is if their feedback is below 98%  i search for another auction for the same product. and also i did stay at a holiday inn express last nite

if u can't be good be good at it
Loven It
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: July 14, 2006, 03:00:34 PM »

never retracted a bid on ebay but as my rule of thumb is if their feedback is below 98%  i search for another auction for the same product. and also i did stay at a holiday inn express last nite

He has no negative feedback - and postive feedback at 100%.

99 Honda 400ex
01 Polaris Trailblazer
06 Honda 90cc
05 Kazuma 50cc

https://www.nationalmssociety.org//FLC/personal/default.asp?pa=52649935&pd=FLC0EMS120060429WWT
kawGIRL
is a Florida Mud Rider
Supreme Member

GOT GROG?

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: July 14, 2006, 03:19:05 PM »

How long has it been?

Loven It
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: July 14, 2006, 03:51:34 PM »

3 days maybe 2 everyone else replies right away. Something just dosen't seem right!

The main question I have is this - this person does not take pay-pal, if I do not pay him and take the negative feedback, can ebay go in and take money out of my paypal account or not since he does not use pay pal

99 Honda 400ex
01 Polaris Trailblazer
06 Honda 90cc
05 Kazuma 50cc

fastrnrik
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: July 14, 2006, 03:59:05 PM »

Look, if you're not comfortable with your transaction, don't send the money. I usually wait a week, just in case the person is out of town or something. If the person later on files a negative feedback on you, you can appeal to ebay and have it removed; if it's a legitimate claim that the seller won't respond to you. I have a 500+ rating on ebay at about 99.7%. It's not 100% because quite frankly you just can't please everybody. I have found out,several times, that the "honor system" that ebay is based on can easily be manipulated by people that are "less than honest". Bottom line is this: If you have a bad vibe, trust your gut and keep your greenbacks.  

P.S. Don't buy from people who don't accept Paypal, Bidpay, or some other form of secure payment.   
kawGIRL
is a Florida Mud Rider
Supreme Member

GOT GROG?

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: July 14, 2006, 04:13:33 PM »

Look, if you're not comfortable with your transaction, don't send the money. I usually wait a week, just in case the person is out of town or something. If the person later on files a negative feedback on you, you can appeal to ebay and have it removed; if it's a legitimate claim that the seller won't respond to you. I have a 500+ rating on ebay at about 99.7%. It's not 100% because quite frankly you just can't please everybody. I have found out,several times, that the "honor system" that ebay is based on can easily be manipulated by people that are "less than honest". Bottom line is this: If you have a bad vibe, trust your gut and keep your greenbacks.  

P.S. Don't buy from people who don't accept Paypal, Bidpay, or some other form of secure payment.   

What he said  Tongue

Chuck_Norris

« Reply #7 on: July 14, 2006, 04:30:01 PM »

well said, trust your gut. we wont go after you, text message you or hound you for the money....LOL
dynodon
Supreme Member

Ocala racing team

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: July 14, 2006, 04:53:27 PM »

Right!!, The seller maybe out of town or something of that sort. Give it a few days
and see what happens, in the mean time keep trying to conact the seller. If all else fails, file a claim (dispute) with ebay

The " Black Pearl "
No, you dont want NONE of it
gery350
Supreme Member

no guts, no glory

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: July 14, 2006, 04:58:20 PM »

my rule of thumb is :
no paypal , no deal.

and even with paypal if its a large amount. i'll use a credit card rather then bank account.
remember even paypal is not a sure thing.

like they said trust yer instincts.

rather have a neg. then give away money.

good luck. Grin

hey this is klutchbuster350, me and rl400*mostly rl400* made my dad this sig. now lets see how long it takes him to notice lol
hey while im here...........klutchbuster rules!!!!!!
http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y235/klutchbuster350/gery350_3.gif
Cory1020

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: July 14, 2006, 10:57:48 PM »

you cant retract a bid after the auction is over. during the auction sometimes, but not after its over. i wouldnt send your money till he replies. he might be out of town like everybody is saying or could have a computer problem. give it time (week, maybe?) b/c he has 100% feedback

99 F-150 4x4
8" lift on 35x13.5 cooper sst

02 Rubicon
06 Rancher 4x4
01 Rancher 4x4
98 Fourtrax 2x4
06 Raptor 700
05 Rincon
Mudneck
" It's a State of Mind "
Supreme Member

****FMR****

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: July 17, 2006, 04:17:29 PM »

if you go into e-bay help you can request contact info,you may get a phone # & give a call.If he has a good record maybe on vacation? Or send e-mail through e-bay request invoice for total.

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Other Florida sites of interest: www.PinballShark.com