Home ATV Florida Forum ATV Florida Where to Ride? ATV Florida Links Advertise

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: CBS WINK News reports on ATVs  (Read 2437 times)
Thrumud
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« on: July 12, 2006, 11:25:31 PM »

CBS WINK News reports that ATV sales in Collier County are down 40% because there is no where to ride.  The fight with the SFWM (South Florida Water Management ) continues.

The SFWM is our enemy guys. South Florida is in a fight with them as well.  SFWM is the one to blame.

Thrumud
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: July 12, 2006, 11:35:27 PM »

This is the article:

ATV riders in Collier County say they are tired of waiting for the county to come up with a public park.

ATV enthusiasts used to ride in the Picayune Strand State Forest, a place known to riders as Bad Luck Prairie, but that was shut down due to an environmental restoration project.

Florida Motorsports says because there's no public legal place to ride, sales have been down 43%, which is a record low.

The county says they have been looking for a public park location.

Right now they are in a dispute with the South Florida Water Management District over a 650-acre property.

A final decision on a piece of land should be made at july 20th hearing.

Thrumud
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: July 12, 2006, 11:44:15 PM »

I think its about time the dealers WAKE UP !    All the dealers that I know in South Florida and Southwest Florida don't do Sh!t for us to ride on LEGAL land.  We never get their support, NEVER !

qt314nfla

« Reply #3 on: July 12, 2006, 11:53:51 PM »

We do have one in SW Florida that does support us.  The owner of Thunder Road was at our North Port commission meeting Monday night.  He stood up and presented to the commision.
Website below.
http://www.thunder-road-classic.com/
Thrumud
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: July 13, 2006, 12:02:22 AM »

1 out how many.  That's good to hear.

qt314nfla

« Reply #5 on: July 13, 2006, 12:18:07 AM »

I know it's not much but it's a start.  Now if only the others would follow his lead.
Thrumud
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: July 13, 2006, 11:47:08 AM »

ATV commercials on local networks from local dealers but yet no where to ride.  Florida Motor Sports (Naples) & Sun Sports (Ft Myers) love to push the sales of ATVs when there are NO LEGAL place to ride.   Stop by any of these places and ask them where you can ride.  They will say anything to make that sale.  To me that's a scam.

RAD 450r
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: July 13, 2006, 10:23:19 PM »

Seminole tribe motocross had enviormental problems when it first opened, Closed for a couple of months, then opened again. I think its all about money and not the enviornment, they got fined alooot but they could bring that money back because thier a track and charge 20 bucks a head each day , A public place cant do that as good

XC FTR #28C
-KFX450R, Hipers
- Silver L
duroc825
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: July 16, 2006, 09:21:04 AM »

Everyone talks about the dealers not supporting their riders and I agree. I think we are all forgetting about one more important piece of the puzzle when it comes to riding areas. THE MANUFACTURERS! I'm sure they have plenty of political pull and the $$$$ to help make things happen. At least more than us??? Where are they? Sitting back spending all the money they make from sales?Huh If we keep buying they probaly wont listen. Just my opinion.
tony pitts
Supreme Member

Life's short, ride hard.

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: July 16, 2006, 02:22:32 PM »

pennsylvania has a state funded racepark for orv funded with the tax dollars off the sales of atv's you would think florida could do something like this.  the problem is too many old farts that dont enjoy nothing but drinking, farting, and playing golf. are running fla from tallahassee. it is not going to be to long, if you want to have any motor sports fun. its not going to be in this state i have lived here for 42 years and every year they take away something or place that i enjoy doing.

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Other Florida sites of interest: www.PinballShark.com