Home ATV Florida Forum ATV Florida Where to Ride? ATV Florida Links Advertise

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Poll
Question: Do you think its ok to make a name on this site just to sell something?
Yes because it gets more ads in here
No this is not a free trading post
Dont really care

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: 4 Sale Freeloaders  (Read 6498 times)
MadMudder
Supreme Member

Semper Fi

View Profile

Ignore
« on: July 12, 2006, 05:09:52 PM »

Hey i've noticed that allot of people are finding this site and making names just to sell something. Basically using it as a free ad in the newspaper or something. Is this ok? I say you need to have a certian amount of posts to sell here. Am I alone?

2013 BF650i 4x4
Stock; for now..
o4250
Supreme Member

Call me George Foreman..

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: July 12, 2006, 05:46:58 PM »

Hey i've noticed that allot of people are finding this site and making names just to sell something. Basically using it as a free ad in the newspaper or something. Is this ok? I say you need to have a certian amount of posts to sell here. Am I alone?

I think its fine if people just want to sell something. Your basically saying someone has hang out on here and talk to people before selling something. Some people just dont have the time to sit around and debate all day, or take picutures over every new mod on there ATV and post pics of it.
superstar
Supreme Member

YALLMINEHAULS

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: July 12, 2006, 05:52:47 PM »

Heres my opinion on this.  As far as # of posts go, and listing ads. ABSOLUTELY. I think you should be careful who you buy something from either way, but a newby on here just to sell something that is totally unrelated to the contents of this site, No they should not be allowed. cAN YOU SAY E-BAY. Like i mentioned before, buying something from a stranger needs to be approached carefully. We cannot expect this site to grow by shutting folks out though. If someone is genuinely interested in being a member on this site then they will be around enough to get to know people, and possibly have dealings with other members. I believe that  post count and enough time spent navigating this site, yes it should probably warrant certain privieges, like putting an add in the 4-sale section for something unrelated, or totally off the wall. On the other hand atv ads or even just add on type stuff like mods or tires sure, why not. For myself personally its just piece of mind. But if all you want to do is try and sell your uncles cancer ridden sheep, and think that just because this is an atv web site that its riddled with horny rednex, just lookin to get off. Then id say off to e-bay with em.  Grin
CABLEGUY1
Supreme Member

Finally, ATVFlorida.com is here!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: July 12, 2006, 06:07:18 PM »

Who are we to say who can or can't sell on here? I think anyone that signs on as a member should be able to advertise the first day if they feel like it.The For sale section is one of my favorite sections and I check it everyday to see what people have to offer.Alot of people buy stuff on here that's not related to ATVs in anyway. Now if every single post you have is to sell something then that's something that Bones or a Mod may want to address but that should be up to them. What's next? You can't sell anything unless you include a picture? The more stuff for sale the better.
cutngrs
Supreme Member

PUT UP $$$ OR SHUT THE HELL UP

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: July 12, 2006, 06:13:58 PM »

Who are we to say who can or can't sell on here? I think anyone that signs on as a member should be able to advertise the first day if they feel like it.The For sale section is one of my favorite sections and I check it everyday to see what people have to offer.Alot of people buy stuff on here that's not related to ATVs in anyway. Now if every single post you have is to sell something then that's something that Bones or a Mod may want to address but that should be up to them. What's next? You can't sell anything unless you include a picture? The more stuff for sale the better.

amen   brother Wink Grin

THE ORANGE CRUSH BANSHEE  
WWW.MYBANSHEE/IS/FASTER/THAN/YOURS.COM
IF YOU WANT TO RUN WITH THE BIG DOGS GIVE US A CALL
Mudneck
" It's a State of Mind "
Supreme Member

****FMR****

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: July 12, 2006, 07:05:08 PM »

If you dont want to buy anything dont go to for sale section.

jayman
Supreme Member

LTR- Love To Ride

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: July 12, 2006, 08:39:32 PM »

I originally was not a member but viewed the site daily.  It was only when I wanted to buy/sell something when I signed up.  Since then I still view daily and also I have bought/sold items in this forum.  If I would of been restrained to selling something because of my post count I may not of ever signed up.  I know there are different views on this but mine is I am glad I was able to sign up then post something for sale.  If you want to grow the site you have to compromise and if you do not trust someone new to the site (or someone that has viewed the site but never a member) then do not buy from them.  Just like EBAY, you have to start your reputation and if it is low then sometimes people pass on a great product (because of no history/no trust). 
Just my 2 cents! Kiss

2006 RTR Performance LTR450 #15- Mine
2008 RTR Performance TRX450R #42- Sons
2008 Poooolaris RZR #64- Wifes

www.centralfllistings.com
wilburz
Supreme Member

Tastes like chicken!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: July 12, 2006, 08:49:38 PM »

I think you should have a minimum of 2 hrs. log-in time. If you can't hang on this site that long then sell your shizit somewhere else. 

1978 ridin mower, 48 inch cut, 3.4 hp briggs & stratton
12-6-3 front
14-8-5 back
no muffler
Chuck_Norris

« Reply #8 on: July 12, 2006, 09:05:21 PM »

that is a good point, if i can recall there is something written about contributing to the site when you do sell something. I included have overlooked this but I Have not had good luck in selling  anything other than my superduty. Thanks again Swamp Donkey for the Hook up
jayman
Supreme Member

LTR- Love To Ride

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: July 12, 2006, 09:18:30 PM »

Also, one other point since signing up, I have bought 3 atvs from 3 different members.  Also I have sold to 2 items to 2 different members for atvs (and both members received quality items at a great price). This would of never happened if I would of been restrained from the begining.  You can contact all of the members that I have dealt with here and prove to yourself that even though members are new not all of them are looking to get over on people. Shocked

I am happy to say that I am a proud new member of atvflorida.com and have also turned friends on to the site.  Thank you for allowing me to sign up as a new member and then list items for sale. Grin

gatorjohn

« Reply #10 on: July 12, 2006, 09:33:25 PM »

If they sigh up, they can post. It's up to the individual to "Deal or No Deal". Word would get around fast enough if someone got hosed.
jayman
Supreme Member

LTR- Love To Ride

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: July 12, 2006, 09:36:06 PM »

I agree completely with gatorjohn

jayman
Supreme Member

LTR- Love To Ride

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: July 12, 2006, 10:09:06 PM »

This is my 100 post/reply maybe now I will not be looked at as being new to the site Tongue

TRX470r

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: July 12, 2006, 10:32:11 PM »

I never knew about this site and I bought my 1st ATV (05 TRX450r) from a member on this site (killdmycobra) after a friend turned me on to it. And I got really screwed!!! What I thought was a good deal turned out to cost me a lot of money after the seller did an oil change before selling me the bike and forgot to tighten the drain screw. On my 1st and only day out on the bike it ran out of oil and completely ruined the engine. The bike WAS in great condition, he even had nice 05 Special Edition Banshee for sale. I know you have to be careful buying used but hell you can’t check every part of the bike especially something that should never be a problem like a drain screw. I called the seller and told him what had happened and his response was “sorry that this happed to you but it is your bike” The engine looks like a bomb went off in it and it’s still in the shop.

I don’t post but I do log on daily or when I can, just to see what is being said and what’s going on. I think if you have something to sell that is ATV related you should be able to sell  on this site even if your new.

05' Honda TRX450r  FTR #8  +30C
MadMudder
Supreme Member

Semper Fi

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #14 on: July 13, 2006, 12:21:44 AM »

Ok I guess i was wrong. Shocked But dont take me the wrong way, if your gonna be an actual member to this site then go ahead. But if you make an account and just use it to sell then that in my oppion is wrong. But if its getting new actual members then go ahead.

2013 BF650i 4x4
Stock; for now..
Hoosier Daddy
Southern Flat Track League
Supreme Member

Team WareRacing Member #07

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: July 13, 2006, 05:55:02 AM »

I think what this topic is about is someone from SC just coming to ATVFL to make one post just to sell something in SC.  Not only is that scetch but it brings down the "family" aspect of this site.

P.S., would you buy a ATV from a EBAY seller who has zero feedbacks? Doubtful.

BLISS Feed, Hay, and Race Fuels Zephyrhills, Fl
"Character is what you have when no one is looking"
jayman
Supreme Member

LTR- Love To Ride

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: July 13, 2006, 08:28:52 AM »

No, I would not buy an ATV at all from EBAY unless I was able to view the bike prior to bidding.  Also, have you ever bought one from Cycle Trader?  What is the difference from buying one from a magazine or from someone new on the site.  I am sure in both cases you are going to look the bike over and also ride it, right. Let me ask you this, if you were buying a bike from atvflorida.com and the member has 5000 posts, do you trust him enough to just pick the bike up and leave or are you still going to do the same look over that you would do from someone advertising in the trader?

Hopefully I made my point! Kiss

HillKiller
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: July 13, 2006, 08:39:06 AM »

No, I would not buy an ATV at all from EBAY unless I was able to view the bike prior to bidding.  Also, have you ever bought one from Cycle Trader?  What is the difference from buying one from a magazine or from someone new on the site.  I am sure in both cases you are going to look the bike over and also ride it, right. Let me ask you this, if you were buying a bike from atvflorida.com and the member has 5000 posts, do you trust him enough to just pick the bike up and leave or are you still going to do the same look over that you would do from someone advertising in the trader?

Hopefully I made my point! Kiss
Point well taken but there is a huge difference between buying on ebay ( not usually local) and cycletrader (which is often local). If someone has awesome feedback I would be more inclined to trust them and if it is an ebay buy and it has to be shipped here then I couldn't exactly go ride it whereas if it is local like in the cycletrader then yes I would go see it first because cycletrader is not an auction.

www.SouthernDirtTrackAssociation.Com

Special thanks to my sponsor:
WareRacing Engines

Sunoco Race Fuel Distributor
5 gal pails 110,112,116
See me at the track or email me here
Loven It
Supreme Member

Finally! ATVFlorida.com is here!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: July 13, 2006, 09:01:24 AM »

I too became a member when I was in search of an atv. I hung around the site for a while and never joined either. Then I saw a quad listed by (stump66) and joined just to purchase it. I think the for sale section draws new members.

If someone wants to come on here and post a for sale add and it is their first post it should not matter. In all honesty I feel it only benefits the members of the site. We get what we want (new quad or whatever) and so does the new member (gets to gid rid of what they are selling). In my opinion it is no different than someone who becomes a member just to buy something. We don't tell anyone you can't join just to buy something...same kinda thing.  Huh.

It ultimately lies with the individuals involved in the sale if they feel they can trust each other.

Like someone else mentioned...If its a new member who is on here and is loading the forum with Spam - sale ads, that is a different story. Its not an advertising board to solicit for a company.

99 Honda 400ex
01 Polaris Trailblazer
06 Honda 90cc
05 Kazuma 50cc

https://www.nationalmssociety.org//FLC/personal/default.asp?pa=52649935&pd=FLC0EMS120060429WWT
Joedirt
Supreme Member

I am a FloridaMud Rider

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: July 13, 2006, 09:24:48 AM »

It is like saying you can not Put an ad in the classified section of your local newspaper unless you have a Subscription...I see no problem with the For Sale section and the Moderators do a fine job weeding  out the Spammers and people who post commercial ads.

What I do not understand is...How the heck is it someone else's fault if they do not check the Oil drain plug.....it is part of routine maintenance..especially on  a used piece of equipment.

2005 Vinson 4x4
2003 Big Bear 4x4
2001 Prarie 4x4
1987 Dirty Dakota Mud truck on 35 inch Boggers
jayman
Supreme Member

LTR- Love To Ride

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: July 13, 2006, 01:14:08 PM »

I agree with Loven It!

TRX470r

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #21 on: July 13, 2006, 04:36:39 PM »

What I do not understand is...How the heck is it someone else's fault if they do not check the Oil drain plug.....it is part of routine maintenance..especially on  a used piece of equipment.

I wish I knew how it happened the seller said he's sure he tightened the screw. But the 2 shops I took the bike to said there is no way a screw will come off unless it was just put on by hand and not tightened. The threads are in perfect condition all this is missing is the screw. By bad luck i guess!!!

All in all I think it's great to be able to log on to a site and find items for sale by users with the same interest. You can go from the for sale section to the open discussion section and ask for advise and tips. And if you have something for sale that is ATV related or you feel someone who is into ATV's can use or want then hell log on and post it. Now my feeling is that if you are a store you should become a sponsor of the site and pay to advertise.

05' Honda TRX450r  FTR #8  +30C
VForcedave
Supreme Member

V TWIN FOR THE WIN.

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #22 on: July 13, 2006, 04:47:03 PM »

I am OK with people coming onboard to sell something. People come onboard to notify us about stolen ATV's as well.

2004 Kaw Vforce 700 twin. Mine
2005 Honda Rancher 350 Kev Mans
2002 Yamaha 80 Raptor Kev Mans
2000 Jeep Wrangler 4" lift, 33's, winched
1988 Harley FXRP Dropped and chopped
2003 Chevy Duramax 100+K and still cruising. 18mpg.
4fittyr

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #23 on: July 16, 2006, 02:38:29 PM »

no sale or wanted posts if posts under 75, that way they earned it

if u can't be good be good at it
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Other Florida sites of interest: www.PinballShark.com