Home ATV Florida Forum ATV Florida Where to Ride? ATV Florida Links Advertise

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: noise complaints  (Read 18569 times)
atvtrailer
Supreme Member

Finally, ATVFlorida.com is here!

View Profile

Ignore
« on: December 01, 2004, 04:20:28 PM »

old farts should have to make a choice whether to go find another place to live where you cant make much noise, leave the stupid state, or move into a place where there is noise ordinances to begin with. The stupid old farts have nothing better to do than call cops on people riding quads and dirtbikes for no reason at all. Ive had 6 cops come and tell me that someone has called in a complaint about my quad making too much noise and im tired of it, considering there is no noise ordinance where i live.
« Last Edit: December 01, 2004, 04:21:32 PM by atvtrailer » Logged

05 450r #13B
glennd

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: December 01, 2004, 04:32:15 PM »

Going to make a LOT of points with the seniors there.  [smiley=SternSmile.gif] [smiley=SternSmile.gif]  There are no noise ordinances where I live either, but it's common courtesy to respect your neighbors.  Being rude and ignoring them is a sure fire way to get a County ordinance passed real soon.  I have a dirtbike with a BIGGUN exhaust system and it gets ridden during daylight hours only and I'm light on the throttle when passing inhabited areas.  Hopefully not many share your views and disrespect for a generation that had it a LOT TOUGHER THAN WE DO! [smiley=Wink.gif]
atvtrailer
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: December 01, 2004, 04:34:24 PM »

i ride on my own property and only ride it from like 245-3 or maby 315pm at the latest and the people that complain are about 1/2 a mile away from me and they dont complain about the dirtbikes that ride down the roads and the fourwheelers that ride down the road at full throttle makin more noise than me, thats what makes me mad. And one time he even called the cops on me when i wasnt even home and i hadnt even had my bike yet :-/ I also never ride off my property.
« Last Edit: December 01, 2004, 04:37:02 PM by atvtrailer » Logged

05 450r #13B
dvx400#1
Supreme Member

ride hard, ride fast, and ride safe

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: December 01, 2004, 04:39:29 PM »

DON T WORRIE ABOUT IT MAN LONGEST IT DOESN PASS THE MAX DB YOUR OK, WHY DO U THINK U HAVEN'T GOT A TICKET YET 'COUSE THERE'S NOTHING THEY CAN DO WHILE YOU'RE IN YOUR PROPERTY AND IS NOT PASS 10PM. I GOT SOME NEIGHBORS LIKE THAT AND AFTER A WHILE THEY GOT THE HINT.
atvtrailer
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: December 01, 2004, 04:45:49 PM »

well for the first 5 days i had the bike a cop came every day, and they stopped for a while, and now a cop came today saying that the guy is gonna go to court and file a peace ordinance against me because if he wants to take a nap at like 3pm then he should be able to.( he lives less than 1/4 a mile from a landfill, i would think that he would hate that more than my dumb quad) :-/, well since he did this im gonna get a stock exhaust for it so its quiet, and when i go to croom or someplace to ride thats when il put on my shorty Wink

05 450r #13B
yunt2ride
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: December 01, 2004, 05:06:44 PM »

See, what I would do is this. If its at 3pm in the afternoon. I would wait until the cops leave and go outside and stand on the throttle until about 5 every afternoon. And when the cops come back, ask them if there is a noise ordinance, when he says, well no, say ok I guess you can't legally give me a ticket right. when he says well no, Tell the cop to go tell the neighbor that if you feel like riding your atv on your property, you should also have the same right, just like if he wants to sleep. Then have the cop go tell the neighbor that if he calls them again that you will ride your atv on your property until dark because ther is nothing that can be done about it. I am fair with people but when people are azzholes, I end up being one also. The only thing is I take it to the limit of just beyond getting a ticket. If the guy takes you to court, there is nothing that he can do without a noise ordanance.  Grin Grin

1997 Chevrolet 4WD extended cab
2005 Polaris 500HO 4X4 Hunter Edition Camo
atvtrailer
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: December 01, 2004, 05:16:06 PM »

The cop sais that he wouldnt take me to court for the noise ordinance but for disturbing the piece  :-/, so whatever i dont mind putting a quieter exhaust but i dont think i should have to pay for it since its not bothering me and im not doing anything illegal.

05 450r #13B
yunt2ride
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: December 01, 2004, 05:20:50 PM »

I dont think disturbing the piece will stand up in court. Not for sure, but I would think not without a noise ordanance.

atvtrailer
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: December 01, 2004, 05:22:54 PM »

tell that to this old fart that is complaining, the cops just laugh because most of them ride themself. the cop that came today has rode almost his whole life and  he is like 42. he is just like ok whatever, he said his opinion is to just get a quieter exhaust and then the old guy will stop complaining, i guess the old guy dont like a white bros T4 exhaust  :-/

05 450r #13B
yunt2ride
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: December 01, 2004, 05:28:42 PM »

yea, i know but the point is. If you give in, he gets his way, thats why I would take it to the limit. People like this piss me off.

atvtrailer
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: December 01, 2004, 05:30:44 PM »

I dont wanna cause trouble thats y im tryin to just solve it the easy way, ive thought about telling him to buy me a quiet exhaust and i would use it for around my property

05 450r #13B
cain73
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: December 01, 2004, 05:34:57 PM »

I like to ride as much as the next gut, but you have to think about your neighbors too. What if it were you trying tout your 6 month old daughter down for a nap when your neighbor cranks up his bike and tells you to stick it since there is no noise ordinance? Have you tried talking to him to see if there is a compromise that can be made? I know it sucks but if you can give a little maybe he will too and save you both lots of aggravation. After all we have (only a few but hopefully more coming) designated lpaces to ride. Even lt250r and I have somewhat changed our riding habbits to appease our neighbors, even though he's a bitter old fart. we still ride, but make sureit's not too early or too late so that we do it at times that don't effect others. After all your rights end where someone else's begin. and how would you like to make your mortgage payment every month and not have peace and quiet when you want it? A little bit of courtesy and compromise can go a long way.

floridaatv.com come join the fun
yunt2ride
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: December 01, 2004, 05:40:08 PM »

Dude, the guy just rides for 30 minutes each day. This guy would complain if it was later in the day or earlier in the day. The old fart can't give 30 minutes out of his day. I beleive in respect but 30 minutes is not very long. Everyone has rights and he should have the right to ride.

stretchy

Wild Turkey, Not just for breakfast anymore!!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: December 01, 2004, 06:06:04 PM »

I like to ride as much as the next gut, but you have to think about your neighbors too. What if it were you trying tout your 6 month old daughter down for a nap when your neighbor cranks up his bike and tells you to stick it since there is no noise ordinance? Have you tried talking to him to see if there is a compromise that can be made? I know it sucks but if you can give a little maybe he will too and save you both lots of aggravation. After all we have (only a few but hopefully more coming) designated lpaces to ride. Even lt250r and I have somewhat changed our riding habbits to appease our neighbors, even though he's a bitter old fart. we still ride, but make sureit's not too early or too late so that we do it at times that don't effect others. After all your rights end where someone else's begin. and how would you like to make your mortgage payment every month and not have peace and quiet when you want it? A little bit of courtesy and compromise can go a long way.

I agree I love to ride but I do respect my nieghbors. I have big trucks w/ stacks, and its my right to run them. BUT I keep the revs down until I'm wheeling. Our nieghbors just bought another 5 acres next to us and they think its funny that they turned it into their private dirt bike track! Angry

If they like to ride so much why isn't it next to their house Shocked
atvtrailer
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #14 on: December 01, 2004, 06:29:57 PM »

well, ive talked to the guy and the only compromise he sais is for me to totally stop riding. the cop sais to just put a quieter pipe on it and then they wil stop complaining which i am getting this weekend. the whole point that dont make sence to me is that they only complain about me and not the dirtbike 3 houses down and the like 10 quads that live like 500' down the road  ???y is it only me that he complains about? and yes i respect him thats y i ride no more than 30 min a day, and i only rev my engine a few times. Some days such as like today i only rode for 10 minutes and reved my engine 2 times. i only actually ride for 25-30 min once or twice a week and i never ride on sundays.
« Last Edit: December 01, 2004, 06:35:32 PM by atvtrailer » Logged

05 450r #13B
stretchy

Wild Turkey, Not just for breakfast anymore!!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: December 01, 2004, 06:59:12 PM »

If thats the extent of the noise, then I don't see whats the geezers prob. Wish my neighbors were that considerate.
arod
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: December 01, 2004, 07:16:21 PM »

dude you are willing to compromise and your neighbor(geezer)is not. me personally, i would keep riding with a quiet-core installed on my exhaust. if he persists, let him. he will get tired.
bluesman
Supreme Member

03 ds650baja/03kfx 400/ 03kfx 450

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: December 01, 2004, 07:27:23 PM »

raise a nazi flag in your front yard.. he will forget to complain about bike real soon........ lol lo lol lol
rubicon500kid
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: December 01, 2004, 07:32:23 PM »

the same thing happined to me see im there is only a few of us that ride atvs and dirtbike in my  coumnty and every day we get the cops called on us for doing sum thing its geting realy bad that they call on use if we ware working on them and if we staterd them up its so bad that i get yelled at by soom old fart for driving my gas rc car it so stupied that we cant have fun cuz they are just grummpy and old we all d pay taxs  and  we should have the right to run or stuff on our stuff on our privit propperty and its not our falt that they have no life then just to sit there all day so if i was u just let it rip all day then going in  at night thats just my opinion

DROP & DESTROY
87 s10 2/3 soon to be bagged
85 honda 110 atc(22" bearclaws & snorkeld)
01 kx 125 (pc pipe,tag bar's,pro racing rear rim,some lil other stuff
I hate it when you microwave something, then you start eating it, and it's cold in the middle...makes me wanna punch a
o4250
Supreme Member

Call me George Foreman..

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: December 01, 2004, 07:51:47 PM »

Grin
Ida_Mann
Supreme Member

Location: There may be times when we are powerless to prevent injustice, but there must never be a time when we fail to protest.

I own and wear a purple sombrero

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: December 01, 2004, 07:56:37 PM »

after reading the most recent post about the neighbor not being reasonable,,,,,I'm with Yunt.

Id@

Id@ M@nn

www.facebook.com/IdaShotMe
'99 Honda 400EX ATP'd (quietly making noise)
'02 Honda Foreman Rubicon
'00 Honda TRX90
8 X 20 Enclosed hauler/camper
"Show me a smooth operation and I'll show you someone who is hiding mistakes, real boats rock."
Moose
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #21 on: December 01, 2004, 08:33:25 PM »

I agree with Yunt and Ida, let him have it, at least till dark. Many years ago I had the cops called on me for having a small party, 6 people and some music. Not that loud either. The next day when I left for work, I set my stereo speakers by the back windows and let it play all day, somewhat loud, but not to much. It was during the day, no noise ordinance during the day. The cops never came by again.

LORD, please keep your arm around my shoulder, and your hand over my mouth. Amen
LTZ400ApK

« Reply #22 on: December 01, 2004, 08:34:10 PM »

i know here in the city where myself and a few others live the noise ordinance is 10pm mon-thrus., and 11pm fri-sun. we been through the whole noise thing and everything else there is nothing he can do i wouldnt change my pipe for him,he'll just look for another reason to bit$# next your hair will be to long and scare his dog,point being he can complain as much as he wants in the end he will end up paying for the cops to show up after awhile for calling so much"been through this with a old neighbor of a friends" in the end he lost
dvx400#1
Supreme Member

ride hard, ride fast, and ride safe

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #23 on: December 02, 2004, 04:10:36 AM »

alright atv trailer this means war, this is what i  do if i was u i would call the cops and don't tell them your name just say  u don't want to star any trouble with them so u rather not say yor mane. but call them and give them their address and tell them that their fighting out in the front yard again naked then the cops will come and tell the to stop fighting 'couse some neighbors have complaint about them fighting then he'll get the point that if he keeps messing around then he will get the cops call on him too, and he'll see what a hassle it is to deal with them. and if not maybe some emberresment 'cose the cops show up to his house. not saying to do it but that's what i would do speacilly since you're not breaking any laws or anything.
Da_Mtg_Man
extraordinaire
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #24 on: December 02, 2004, 04:23:57 AM »

I say go to the post office and fill out a change of address form for your neighbor. If nothing else, he will be more miserable when his bills are late because of no mail. Grin

FLORIDA MUD RIDER
Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Other Florida sites of interest: www.PinballShark.com