Home ATV Florida Forum ATV Florida Where to Ride? ATV Florida Links Advertise

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 ... 11   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: When are the next drag races?  (Read 77760 times)
cutngrs
Supreme Member

PUT UP $$$ OR SHUT THE HELL UP

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #75 on: August 10, 2006, 09:38:17 PM »

dont worry that big motor will be coming to waycross real soon Shocked

THE ORANGE CRUSH BANSHEE  
WWW.MYBANSHEE/IS/FASTER/THAN/YOURS.COM
IF YOU WANT TO RUN WITH THE BIG DOGS GIVE US A CALL
535banshee
Supreme Member

Finally! ATVFlorida.com is here!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #76 on: August 10, 2006, 09:39:19 PM »

when my new bike is done it will be the first place i go.
yz3961986

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #77 on: August 10, 2006, 09:51:10 PM »

NOW THAT'S THE WAY TO TALK Wink
535banshee
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #78 on: August 10, 2006, 09:59:12 PM »

i have been really wanting to race there for a long time. i sold my bike and now i am putting a bigger one together. cant wait to see all you guys and do some good racing.
BANSHEE-BOY TONY FARROW

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #79 on: August 10, 2006, 11:00:12 PM »

Hey Jeff get that new motor  together and come on up and show dees boys you are the shizznitt.lol  Wink  Grin Grin Are ya still moving up here to GA? If so you can come on up here runs some of those good numbers and the Ga boyz will show ya some love  Grin  Hug  Toast Wave Welcome! Bow Toast

Wicked Racing TEAM    www.341dirtdrags.com
PAPA_TRIBAL

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #80 on: August 11, 2006, 06:57:47 AM »

Thats great guys. Bring them big motors. There is a small motor on its way to Fla. that has beat'n the planetsand winner just recently. Didn't do it at planetsand because it didn't exist then. But it has all the big timers scratching there heads. Wonder who the lucky guy in Fla. is? Wink Oh! And the one it beat was a very impressive 18mil twister motor on nitrous. And lost with a 3.51 pass Shocked Oh yeah! I forgot, That little motor was only running alky and wasn't even on a drag chassis Shocked wonder how it will run on a Brian Armstrong chassis and NOS Wink 1St saturday of Oct. should be very interesting Cool
PAPA_TRIBAL

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #81 on: August 11, 2006, 08:04:20 AM »

Oh and Jeff, Yes 5.80's is very impressive. The problem I have had in the past with some members on here is, They have made some very bold statements. Just like when you were bringing your bike to hazelhurst. Its like instead of getting on here and stating your bike was going to come a try to lay downs some good numbers and see if you couldn't get the track record, It was you were going to come and run 3.40's and blow up the track record. And that is pretty brash considering your bike had never run on dirt track before.  And no you were not the one that said it. But it was stated over and over. Im not going to mention the person or person's names, Its not important. Fact is that running good on asphalt does not mean a bike is going to run insane numbers on dirt. Totally different. And when I had my old 4mil, It ran pretty good on asphalt and dirt. But! you never heard me say I went 4.0's or I went 6.20's. It was always Banshee Boy went 4.0's or Banshee Boy went 6.20's on my bike. Because that was the fact. I never road it on asphalt. I road it at the dirt drags and went 4.20's which wasn't to shabby for a 200lb guy on a 4mil. When we put Lupo's motor on my lonestar and went to waresboro Banshee boy ran consistent 3.8's with a 3.83 best. which knowing what I know now prolly will run some 3.7's But with Lupo It ran consistent 4.1's Thats hauling azz for a 230lb man. Im Not trying to start anything with you guys. But when you get your bikes running and go to Ga. thinking your going to lay down 3.4's 3.5's or even 3.6's you will be greatly disappointed. Not saying they wont, But if its what you expect and it does't happen, You will leave there feeling like I did. I just knew my bike was going to go up there and beat the 3.83 that was run. Why shouldn't it? It was the same chassis, Same size motor, Same everything! But it didn't happen. And as far as the big motor vs little motor. If someone says here is a 4mil super cub for $3000.00 Or you can have this 18mil twister for $8000.00 and they both run 3.50's on drag frames, Which one am I going to buy?? Im might be just a dumb Fedex driver, But I know they run the same but there is a $5000.00 difference.  the 4mil is sure going to be less maintenance and a lot more reliable. Its a no brain'r Im taking the 4mil. Or should I say I took the 4mil Wink Wink Unless you are a lite weight like Tony, 110lbs I dont care what size motor you build you will be lucky if you see 3.9's. Jeff! What kinda times did your bike run with you on it? This wasnt posted to offend anyone or start ant sh!t. Its just my oppinion and thats all!! Have a nice day Smiley Smiley
« Last Edit: August 11, 2006, 08:14:30 AM by PAPA » Logged
dynodon
Supreme Member

Ocala racing team

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #82 on: August 11, 2006, 03:13:26 PM »

Pappa, I am not so sure about the LESS maintanance with the 4 mill.
Yes it maybe a big  cost difference at first, but stop and look at it from a different stand point.
 the 4 mill is still a nicosil chamber, and we all know that that alone will break down, and or fail. The twister is a sleeved motor, which if a rod or piston were to go, you might have to bore it, verses a whole new top end.   So that makes a difference of 45 bucks per cylinder to bore, or 1400. for a new top end, and still have the nicosil problem lurking in the background !!
I also thought about the "super cub", but I dont think its gonna be as reliable as Nate says it will be, the bore is just to big for a 4 mill set up. the cylinder walls are really thin compared to the cub itself.
I do hope it works for ya,  especially now that you bought it.
As far as " someone" saying they were gonna take the track record, thats all part of racing. Nothing BRASH about it !!, If you couldnt say I am gonna take the record, then you pribably never will. Like I said thats all part of racing. Wink

The " Black Pearl "
No, you dont want NONE of it
PAPA_TRIBAL

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #83 on: August 11, 2006, 05:21:39 PM »

All good points Don, Its just more cost effective for me to do the little motor. Im not saying it will, But how do you think it makes someone feel  when a little motor like a 4mil beats a big motor even on NOS? Thats gotta suck! Ya know what I mean? I would be pissed if it were me. Later Bro! Smiley
dynodon
Supreme Member

Ocala racing team

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #84 on: August 11, 2006, 05:44:32 PM »

I totally understand the cost effective part !!!!, I still have a 4 mill as of right now,
 that may change.    catch ya all later Wink

The " Black Pearl "
535banshee
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #85 on: August 11, 2006, 06:11:42 PM »

far has a little motor beating on a big motor. the big motor might have not set up has good has the little motor. my money is on the big motor if both hook up and have good riders. i will bet you the big bike 60 foot times sucked because he was spining. and i will bet you that the 3.50 that 4mil ran will not happen very often. far has me and what i think is a good time on my bike at the dirt track is 3.70's. i say i went 5.80 because i tuned it and i did the setup. chris rode it but it was my setup getting him down the track. for instance the bike would not go straight and it would do low 6's. i dropped the wheelie bar on the ground and than 5's all day. so the rider in my mind is only has good has the tune, and the tune is only has good has the rider. chris's place is dirt racing not 1/8 mile and i will bet you we will do just has good in the dirt. also this little 4mill motor is running hard but can you really say all these motors will run just has hard "no". nate has alot of resouces that most people dont have. frame,tires,gears,air pressure and so on. look at jayson with the same motor as me and he could never run the same times as us. he changed the carbs,frame,pipes and still couldnt get out of the 6's. so my point is just because you buy a 4mill dont think it is going to run just has hard has nates 4mill. thats why i really had a hard time selling my bike because i dont know if my new one is going to run just has hard or harder. in my mind if you can sell a motor and build a big one far alittle bit more go far it. i had a 420 to 535 to 610 to ? you have to if you want to keep up. also the rules at planetsand has changed and no more little riders. if you are not 16 see ya. i think also the weight of the bike is coming, if so you better go big. the twister to me is the better way to go because of it being billet. a rod breaks in a cheetha motor you might as well say good bye to that cylinder. my new motor is billet cylinder,cases,clutch cover,stator cover everything. if something happens i will have a good chance to walk away will alittle repair. its worth it in my mind for the extra money.
BANSHEE-BOY TONY FARROW

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #86 on: August 12, 2006, 03:09:27 AM »

About time we got this sight up and running again Grin Grin. All iam going to say is come and get it raggggsssss.  3.83 is the time to beat IN Waresboro;  And in Hazelhurst 350MOD CLASS I GOT THAT TRACK RECORD  and IN the 550 and down I got that record  And Matt Stone still has the 551 and up class  BUT WE COMING FOR IT REAL SOON.D Grin Grin Grin Grin So you guys just need to stay were yall at so A little brother can hold on to the fame just a little longer.. Boxer Owie Bow First Place Deal Deal Drive Bow Clapper King love ya guys haoollaar.

Wicked Racing TEAM    www.341dirtdrags.com
PAPA_TRIBAL

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #87 on: August 12, 2006, 08:28:59 AM »

Jeff that motor ran consistent low 3.50's the whole day. It didn't just run (1) 3.50 pass. And Im not having Nate build me a motor like that one, Im buying that very motor complete. Turn key, And its going on a lighter chassis. And from what everyone says dirt tracks are faster than sand. And Nate has ask me to let his "NEW" Jockey ride it, And if we can get decent 60' times It could run those times in Ga. All we can do is try. P.S. If you break a rod while running down the track in any motor, Chance is you are going to hurt more than a cylinder. Cases, head, cylinders and so on. We broke a piston in my 4mil cub at Lakeland. Broke it pretty good to. It didn't hurt anything else. If I would have had a piston and rings could have put it back together right There and finished racing it.
535banshee
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #88 on: August 12, 2006, 08:59:08 AM »

i am not saying a rod cant break in a twister motor or a big motor, but the billet cylinder and cases wont get hurt like a cast set. as far as running 3,50's all day. i will believe it when i see it. i am saying just because it ran that in his set up, it might not in yours. you said the frame is lighter you are putting it in, that right there might make it run slower because of traction. i really hope you guys get that kind of times out of it but dont be upset if it doesnt. i really like my big motors and you like the small motors and that right there what makes the sport fun. there is nothing like cleaning house with a little one. just remember there is no replacment for displacment
dynodon
Supreme Member

Ocala racing team

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #89 on: August 12, 2006, 09:44:01 AM »

we are coming Toni, not saying we are taking any records, but we will have FUN
at trying.
I have a " jockey" or two also, I have talked with him, and he knows who he is !!!
All I really hope for is not a track record ( although it would be nice) is NOT to chip my paint!!!!, there is alot of time work and money in it. But we will be running with ya`ll soon  Grin

The " Black Pearl "
535banshee
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #90 on: August 12, 2006, 09:56:45 AM »

i will be there soon as i can. the frame should be here form quick16 at the end of the month and the topend should be back from the porters next week. i should be ready in a few months. tony you better have your game on and you might want to lose some weight because we coming soon!
dynodon
Supreme Member

Ocala racing team

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #91 on: August 12, 2006, 10:03:41 AM »

Toni on a diet, are you kidding me or what ??!?!!!! Shocked

The " Black Pearl "
535banshee
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #92 on: August 12, 2006, 10:13:03 AM »

I KNOW THATS FUNNY. Grin
cutngrs
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #93 on: August 12, 2006, 03:39:59 PM »

i need a bounty hunter Sad

THE ORANGE CRUSH BANSHEE  
tribal banshee

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #94 on: August 12, 2006, 07:44:49 PM »

uh oh Shocked Shocked no frame Huh Huh

'04 Grizzly 660 lifted w/mods and 29.5 outlaws mine
'04 Grizzly 660 stock girlfriends
'04 kodiak 450 stock kids
tribal banshee

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #95 on: August 12, 2006, 08:01:56 PM »

Jeff it seems like your braging about going 5.80's on asphlat. yes that's hauling a$$ but that took a 16 mil for you to do it. I'll bet I could get my little 10 mil real close if not hit those times and my motors alot smaller than yours! Like you said it's all in the tuning and setup, with that said you shouldn't need that monster motor to run those time . hell Tony is about to be in the 6.1's with a freaking 350 with some port work. that's impressive and unexpected. Running in the 5's with a monster motor is expected and than if you don't then you really look bad Huh

'04 Grizzly 660 lifted w/mods and 29.5 outlaws mine
'04 Grizzly 660 stock girlfriends
'04 kodiak 450 stock kids
PAPA_TRIBAL

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #96 on: August 12, 2006, 09:18:32 PM »

Yeah Buddy! And I believe Tribal Banshee knows a thing or two about tuning. Smiley And I agree that his 10mil is a running mofo!! And the numbers are all over planetsand as far as the 3.50's Nate's 4mil ran. Ask the Barnguys how it runs. Jeff I have always noticed your little cheap shots at Nate McCoy,And the fact that you dont want to give the man credit. You even made a statement about Don's motor, Something like watch out Don! or it will cost you another $550.00. Whats your beef with Nate? Is it because he has run times with a small motor that you can only dream of running with your big twister? You will get your shot at Nate, If  you go to the next planetsand races. Mike you are right on, Banshee Boy will go 6.1's on his 350.
535banshee
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #97 on: August 12, 2006, 09:35:00 PM »

YOU BRING YOUR LILLTLE MOTOR DOWN HERE AND LETS SEE IT RUN A 5.80. YELL I BET YOU COULDNT EVEN GET INTO THE 6.50'S. TONYS RUNNING 6.20'S AND ITS A LONG WAYS AWAY FROM 5.80. THE BIKE RAN OUT OF GEAR AND WAS ON THE WAY TO RUNNING 5.60 OR 5.70'S. I SOLD IT BEFORE ALL THE TUNING WAS DONE TO SEE. ITS FUNNY WE HAVE A BIKE IN MIAMI THAT HAS A 1100CC MOTOR IN A 10,000 FRAME AND WAS RUNNING 5.77. A 610 RUNNING WITH HIM TO ME IS A BIG DEAL. I GUESS WHEN DAN HALL,K&T,ALL CALL ME AND WANT TO KNOW MY SETUP I THINK I DID REAL GOOD. HELL YOUR BOY NATE EVEN WANTED TO KNOW WHAT I WAS DOING TO GET THAT BIKE TO RUN THOSE NUMBERS. UNITL YOU KNOW YOUR HEAD FROM YOUR A$$ I WOULD JUST SHUT UP OR COME DOWN HERE AND LETS PUT YOUR MONEY WERE YOUR MOUTH IS.
535banshee
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #98 on: August 12, 2006, 09:40:29 PM »

I DONT LIKE A GUY THAT SELL SOMETHING TO SOMEONE AND THAN IT BREAKS AND WONT STAND BEHIND IT. IT WASNT DON PROBLEM THE CYLINDER WAS MESSED UP AND THEN CHARGE HIM 550.00 AFTER HE WAS TOLD IT WOULD BE TAKEN CARE OF. AFTER ALL THAT IT TOOK 6 MONTHS TO GET IT BACK. BE A REAL MAN AND DO THE RIGHT THING AND THAT WASNT RIGHT. YOU WOULD BE PISSED OFF TO IF IT WAS YOUR MOTOR
cutngrs
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #99 on: August 12, 2006, 09:42:44 PM »

i think you guys should take this over to www.atvfloridaxetreme.com and that way you  guys can realy say how you feel Shocked

THE ORANGE CRUSH BANSHEE  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 ... 11   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Other Florida sites of interest: www.PinballShark.com