Home ATV Florida Forum ATV Florida Where to Ride? ATV Florida Links Advertise

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Upgrading Clutches  (Read 3240 times)
ffej

Finally! ATVFlorida.com is here!

View Profile

Ignore
« on: July 07, 2006, 10:11:29 AM »

Does anyone know if you have to upgrade the stock clutch when you put ITP wheels and tires on a 2005 Honda Rincon 650? Or can you keep the stock clutch?
If so anyone know what the cost would be?
MadMudder
Supreme Member

Semper Fi

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: July 07, 2006, 07:05:19 PM »

I dont think you would need to replace the clutch on your honda. You probably should have included what size they were gonna be and what type of tire your wanting to turn. Highlifter would be the place to get clutches but since honda has that wierd trans on the rincon, there isn't aftermarket clutches from highlifter. I dont think anybody makes them actually. Might have to check around anyway. But I really dont think youll need it. Unless your turning 28inch+ tires in deep mud. If those are your plans then you might want to do some more indepth research. Thats about all I got so good luck and hope this helps.. Grin

2013 BF650i 4x4
Stock; for now..
ffej

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: July 07, 2006, 08:33:42 PM »

26 x 12 x 12 is the tire size. thanks for the info. i just hear everyone who puts tires and wheels on the grizzlys say you should upgrade the clutch. did not know if the honda was the same.
tony pitts
Supreme Member

Life's short, ride hard.

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: July 07, 2006, 09:17:41 PM »

the clutch on the grizzly and the honda are entirely too different set ups the grzz runs a belt drive system where honda has the new automatic trans. your only going up one tire size you should be allright just keep oils changed on a regular bases.

MadMudder
Supreme Member

Semper Fi

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: July 07, 2006, 09:29:50 PM »

Yeah Tony's right, if 26's are all your runnin then you'll be fine. Just do what he said and stick to matinence and you will b a ok! Grin

2013 BF650i 4x4
Stock; for now..
ffej

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: July 08, 2006, 09:11:02 AM »

thanks guys!!!!
gatorjohn

« Reply #6 on: July 08, 2006, 11:13:56 AM »

You might notice a slight loss of power as those tires will be heavier than stock one's
MachineDog
Supreme Member

Ride Red!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: July 08, 2006, 11:44:13 AM »

Rincon doesn't have a clutch. It uses a torque converter like in the auto on a car. :/

http://img284.imageshack.us/img284/4291/p517000123ek.jpg
06 Rancher 350 4x4 - K&N, 1.5" Snorkel, 26" Mudbugs.
Spot Reserved for Big Bore.
http://www.flickr.com/photos/machinedogtag/ - Click to see our pics.
ffej

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: July 08, 2006, 12:25:54 PM »

the reason why i asked the question is that i am in the market for a 4 x 4 atv. i really want a grizzly but can find one reasonable priced. so i found a 2005 rincon 650 for i think is a deal. i want to put the itp wheels and tires on whatever i buy. put a lot of people tell me you should but the upgraded clutch on the grizzly if you put those wheels on. so i did not know if the rincon was the same. any opinion grizzly versus rincon??
MadMudder
Supreme Member

Semper Fi

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: July 09, 2006, 07:56:48 PM »

Well the grizz and the honda are like apples and coconuts. The Honda has a very sporty suspension and lacks a low range or a locking differental. But it has the car like transmission. All those factors plus the fact that its a honda make it the apple. The grizz on the other hand is more suited to mud and work and slow trail riding for several reasons. First it has all the low range and lockers and that stuff to help you get further into that mud hole or swamp. It has more torque and the suspension is set up for heavy loads rather than cornering and handling. That makes it the coconut. So it all comes down to what type of riding your looking to do. If fast trails and just riding are your style than the rincon is for you. But if your more of the mud riding or the work around the farm kind of guy than the grizz is the better pair of socks for you. Now thats not to say the rincon couldn't handle a mud pit or the grizz couldn't be ridden fast, its just that they are best suited to what I just said. So think about what kind of riding you do and this is probably what you should get.

2013 BF650i 4x4
Stock; for now..
ffej

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: July 09, 2006, 09:22:01 PM »

maddmudder, you've been lots of help. thanks. well the rincon got sold before i could see it. so if found an 04 grizzly that i need to go look at. would you upgrade the stock clutch on a grizzly if you were to put bigger wheels and tires on it? also what a fair price to give for an 04 grizzly 660 all stock?
561rincon

dont get stuck. get buried!!!!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: July 09, 2006, 11:56:46 PM »

i have a rincon on 28'' mud bugs. see below for more. but in thick mud it wont turn em. they said you need a gear reduction. then you'll snap your axels, then you get gorilla axels and screw up transmission. all of this is what im told. im happy with what it is now. just letting you know

05 rincon 28'' mud bugs type 7 black wheels,2'' lift,dyno jet kit, 2500lb warn , K&N, snorkel kit, TORC exhaust.

04' 24' keystone tailgator toyhauler
06' F-150 stx
76' F-250 2.5 ton running gear 16.9x24 tires 360c.i
ffej

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: July 11, 2006, 08:48:44 PM »

Well I bought the grizzly.Can anyone answer? First question do you think that ITP mudlite xtr 27" tires on 14" rims will be fine with the stock clutch? Second question what about tire rub when making sharp turns? I do alot of trail riding and occasional go into mud/water but nothing to deep?
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Other Florida sites of interest: www.PinballShark.com