Home ATV Florida Forum ATV Florida Where to Ride? ATV Florida Links Advertise

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Riding Partners in Palm Beach  (Read 38097 times)
MachineDog
Supreme Member

Ride Red!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #25 on: July 10, 2006, 07:51:37 PM »

Yes, the charge is trespassing. If your quad doesn't have the registration decal as required by law, it is impounded, pending proof of ownership. If it's properly registered, we have the discretion to allow someone else to recover it if they can respond within 30 minutes. Otherwise, it's towed. If the charge is felony trespass, the quad is imponded, pending forfeiture. To prevent all the above, avoid trespassing!!!

The green sticker has to be on the quad? Cause we only have one for our rancher.

http://img284.imageshack.us/img284/4291/p517000123ek.jpg
06 Rancher 350 4x4 - K&N, 1.5" Snorkel, 26" Mudbugs.
Spot Reserved for Big Bore.
http://www.flickr.com/photos/machinedogtag/ - Click to see our pics.
PBSO_ATV_Deputy_4

PBSO Agricultural Crimes Detective

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #26 on: July 10, 2006, 10:02:57 PM »

MachineDog,

The link below should help you out with getting your quads registered. The green/yellow registration decal should be on each quad. This helps us recover stolen quads and provides proof of ownership.

http://www.hsmv.state.fl.us/html/OHVGuide.pdf
PBSO_ATV_Deputy_4

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #27 on: July 10, 2006, 10:25:15 PM »

sbripple,

Sadly, you represent the sport poorly and have shown us all, you are part of the problem, not the solution. This is a public website, read by those who will vote on such issues as proposed riding areas and state statutes such as 316.2123, that would allow riding on certain roads. Yes, you are entitled to your opinion, however, your admission of commiting crimes and bashing law enforcement only tarnishes the image of all atv'ers. I do my best to inform riders and answer any questions I can. Most on this site are family oriented, law abiding people who are trying to make do with the lack of riding areas.
Sleazy_Rider78

Old enough to know better, still too young to care

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #28 on: July 10, 2006, 11:08:56 PM »

Hey PBSO ATV Deputy,
I have to say thanks for all your "heads up" messages, it is obvious that you are looking out for us.  Unfortunately it seems as though some don't appreciate it as much as they should.   

www.myspace.com/mlatcham
Stolen: 2003 Yamaha YZ250F. Moto XXX graphics, Pro Taper handlebars, black Excel rims.  Pics of bike in Stolen ATV Watch Forum.
http://www.atvflorida.com/forum/index.php/topic,25023.0.html
sbripple

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #29 on: July 11, 2006, 07:56:11 PM »

sbripple,
i dont represent anyone,I am only stateing the truth and if you want to call it bashing the law enforcement then thats a weak defense.I was only pointing out truths about the pbso ,not law enforcement.You on the other hand failed to address my questions.Is it the sherriffs policy to go after atv 's or is it county policy.Are you enforcing laws or just on a  personal quest.?Are you doing your best to inform as you stated or trying to force people to give in to illegal and selective prosecution .Do the same laws apply to golf carts?Why arent these vehicles classified as farm vehicles? serve and protect. thats the propaganda on your car.Is that bs or is that real?When we ride on local rodes to get where we need to who is getting hurt? Is there a victum?Are you bashing tax payers like me?You give law enforcers a bad name if so.address the questions if you are truly trying to inform.sadly you represent the gang called pbso poorly.well poorly to the taxpayers.I bet the rest of the gang is proud.
Sadly, you represent the sport poorly and have shown us all, you are part of the problem, not the solution. This is a public website, read by those who will vote on such issues as proposed riding areas and state statutes such as 316.2123, that would allow riding on certain roads. Yes, you are entitled to your opinion, however, your admission of commiting crimes and bashing law enforcement only tarnishes the image of all atv'ers. I do my best to inform riders and answer any questions I can. Most on this site are family oriented, law abiding people who are trying to make do with the lack of riding areas.
561rincon

dont get stuck. get buried!!!!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #30 on: July 11, 2006, 08:15:10 PM »

sbripple,
i dont represent anyone,I am only stateing the truth and if you want to call it bashing the law enforcement then thats a weak defense.I was only pointing out truths about the pbso ,not law enforcement.You on the other hand failed to address my questions.Is it the sherriffs policy to go after atv 's or is it county policy.Are you enforcing laws or just on a  personal quest.?Are you doing your best to inform as you stated or trying to force people to give in to illegal and selective prosecution .Do the same laws apply to golf carts?Why arent these vehicles classified as farm vehicles? serve and protect. thats the propaganda on your car.Is that bs or is that real?When we ride on local rodes to get where we need to who is getting hurt? Is there a victum?Are you bashing tax payers like me?You give law enforcers a bad name if so.address the questions if you are truly trying to inform.sadly you represent the gang called pbso poorly.well poorly to the taxpayers.I bet the rest of the gang is proud.

is it cool that i take my atv and do donuts in your yard? i dont think you would. then why question the man for doing his job and keeping people off their land. PBSO comes on here to inform you and i about laws that us tax payers voted in members
of congress to put in to affect. so theres no reason to bash him because you bought a atv and dont want to take it to legal riding area.  if theres a personal reason to another officer then take it up with him.

05 rincon 28'' mud bugs type 7 black wheels,2'' lift,dyno jet kit, 2500lb warn , K&N, snorkel kit, TORC exhaust.

04' 24' keystone tailgator toyhauler
06' F-150 stx
76' F-250 2.5 ton running gear 16.9x24 tires 360c.i
PBSO_ATV_Deputy_4

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #31 on: July 12, 2006, 12:18:14 AM »

sbripple,

OHV enforcement falls under STATE laws, 316.2074 for ATV's, and 316.212 for golfcarts. It's PBSO's policy to enforce state laws. Our enforcement is also motivated by public demand. We receive between 20-50 complaints daily regarding ATVs and Golfcarts operating recklessly on the roadways or trespassing. ATV's and Golfcarts are enforced equally. An ATV or Golfcart are NOT farm implements. They are recreational vehicles as stated on the title. Unless they have farm attachments, such as sprayers, plow, ect mounted to the vehicle, AND the vehicle has proper lighting, and operates not over 25mph, it may qualify. Then, operation on a roadway would have to be justified. Again, if you choose to disregard state law and disrespect property owners, you REPRESENT that percentage of riders who ruin it for everyone else and give the sport a bad name.
wilburz
Supreme Member

Tastes like chicken!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #32 on: July 12, 2006, 07:13:34 AM »

I don't particularly care for atv cops either. But this sherriff does give out some useful info and tells everyone who tresspasses and rides where to stay out of. The saddest part of the whole mess is that PBC does not care about atvers. The county commission is to concerned with scripts etc. I have emailed each commissioner 4 times and never even got a reply from them about the status of atvers in this county. Actually Adie Green did email me back saying she forwarded my email to the county admin office.

The county does waste alot of police time keeping people out of nature areas but that is only becuase a few folks decided to go out to these spots and do drugs,drink, start fires,litter etc. The residents around these areas are the ones who complain. Its not there fault but they have a right to call the police.  I wish I had the answers but sadly I don't see PBC doing anything useful for atvers anytime soon.       

1978 ridin mower, 48 inch cut, 3.4 hp briggs & stratton
12-6-3 front
14-8-5 back
no muffler
PBSO_ATV_Deputy_4

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #33 on: July 12, 2006, 10:43:46 AM »

We had hoped Mecca Farms would be considered for use as an OHV & Skate Park. ATV's and skate boards are very popular, but where can you enjoy them?? Unfortunately, our enforcement is based on public safety and citizen complaints. ATV and golfcart crashes occur to often in communities such as Jupiter Farms and The Acreage. They just don't make the newspaper and people aren't aware. I can assure you, we don't take pleasure in issuing citations and making arrests. But we take less pleasure in responding to injury crashes.

[attachment deleted by admin]
« Last Edit: July 12, 2006, 10:56:15 AM by PBSO_ATV_Deputy_4 » Logged
cheropride
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #34 on: July 12, 2006, 12:10:47 PM »

I think the picture says it all.  Although it may be a little harsh, but it is the reality. And everyone should be reminded what can happen.  Just like the one time that I went to the Holey Lands w/my husband and 7 year old son.  As my son is riding his 90 Polaris, a guy comes blowing over the levy and practically heads right for my son.  Then he proceeds to total spray everyone vehicles with rocks.  This is the type of behavior that ruins it for everyone.  I for one don't like riding out there just for that reason.  I can remember a time where we could ride just about anywhere, but people ruin it.  Not only do they trash places, they do stupid things on ATV's.  So you can't blame law enforcement, you can only blame the idiots.  And yes these idiots give ALL riders a bad name.  It is the same idiots that when they would get hurt on someone's private property, they would be the first to sue.

I think that it is great that the PBS officer comes on this website and gives us general information.  Think about it, if he was really out to get us, he would just read what we had to say and where we were going and bust us.  He doesn't, he trys to point out what we should and should not do. Knowledge is power, and I appreciate the fact that he shares this information with all of us.  So although some may not appreciate it, I am sure the majority does.  So Thank You.

Kawi-360 4WD/Camo
Honda 400
Polaris Ranger 700XP
Loven It
Supreme Member

Finally! ATVFlorida.com is here!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #35 on: July 12, 2006, 12:58:42 PM »

I think that it is great that the PBS officer comes on this website and gives us general information.  Think about it, if he was really out to get us, he would just read what we had to say and where we were going and bust us.  He doesn't, he trys to point out what we should and should not do. Knowledge is power, and I appreciate the fact that he shares this information with all of us.  So although some may not appreciate it, I am sure the majority does.  So Thank You.

Excellent..you are right if he was really out to get us then he would just show up and start making arrests. Not all officers are out to get us he is proof of that. He tells everyone DO NOT GO here you will get arrested or fined. With that in mind - it is his job to enforce the law and he should be respected for that. We should be happy and thankful that someone is willing to warn you!!

So thanks PBSO!

99 Honda 400ex
01 Polaris Trailblazer
06 Honda 90cc
05 Kazuma 50cc

https://www.nationalmssociety.org//FLC/personal/default.asp?pa=52649935&pd=FLC0EMS120060429WWT
gery350
Supreme Member

no guts, no glory

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #36 on: July 12, 2006, 02:23:19 PM »

If your quad doesn't have the registration decal as required by law, it is impounded, pending proof of ownership.

question..........:

i titled and registered all 3 bikes.

2 bikes i did about a year ago and one about 6 months ago. i only received the green sticker for the latter.

so does this mean i have to go and pay additional to get the stickers.
cause you know how smart the clerks at the tag agency are....."what, an atv.what the heck is that"

note:
i also appreciate your input. Grin
thanks.

hey this is klutchbuster350, me and rl400*mostly rl400* made my dad this sig. now lets see how long it takes him to notice lol
hey while im here...........klutchbuster rules!!!!!!
http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y235/klutchbuster350/gery350_3.gif
TRX450R_Racer
Retired Racer
Supreme Member

**** Frank **** **FF&J Racing**

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #37 on: July 12, 2006, 03:12:44 PM »

Gary,
  Yes you have to pay $4.50 for the sticker. I just got mine yesterday. You will need the title. They for some reason are issueing me a new title. The girl taht waited on me had no clue like you are saying. Luckily the one in the back knew what was going on.

Member of South East Florida Trail Riders

Life's to short, wear a helmet.
Dress for the crash, not for the ride.
Ripped off by Brandon George.
PBSO_ATV_Deputy_4

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #38 on: July 12, 2006, 08:53:14 PM »

Thank you for your support and understanding!! Yes, I could have used this website to set up stings, but chose to promote safety, awarness and education instead. I felt this is what the sport really needed, not citations and arrests.
sbripple

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #39 on: July 12, 2006, 09:07:23 PM »

Yes I am sure this is the best use of our law enforcement budget.When we get robbed we get a lecture about locking up and securing our valubles better.they  tell you they cant waste their budget doing detective work on small time thefts.When an illegal alien ,note key word illegal,gets pulled over  with no insurance and fake tags they let him go so they dont get bogged down with the enormous cost of prosecuting someone with no money.while these same people crash into hardworking law abiders and change their lives forever with no ability to pay for their crimes.Yes I agree ,a deputy riding around catching people on atv's is of the utmost importance.Damn  you guys got me convinced I should tazor myself and go down to gunclub road and do some time.
MachineDog
Supreme Member

Ride Red!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #40 on: July 13, 2006, 09:51:33 AM »

You have a right of speach but freeking respect the man sb. Thanks alot for warning us PBSO, and a question. Would it be worth it to go with an exhaust silencer to help with complaints or is stock okay? Usually when cruising I can shift to 5th and maintain a very low decibel, but my pop has an Auto and my bro's atv doesn't make enough power at those rpm.
« Last Edit: July 13, 2006, 09:53:32 AM by MachineDog » Logged

http://img284.imageshack.us/img284/4291/p517000123ek.jpg
06 Rancher 350 4x4 - K&N, 1.5" Snorkel, 26" Mudbugs.
Spot Reserved for Big Bore.
http://www.flickr.com/photos/machinedogtag/ - Click to see our pics.
TRX450R_Racer
Retired Racer
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #41 on: July 13, 2006, 09:53:58 AM »

Yes I am sure this is the best use of our law enforcement budget.When we get robbed we get a lecture about locking up and securing our valubles better.they  tell you they cant waste their budget doing detective work on small time thefts.When an illegal alien ,note key word illegal,gets pulled over  with no insurance and fake tags they let him go so they dont get bogged down with the enormous cost of prosecuting someone with no money.while these same people crash into hardworking law abiders and change their lives forever with no ability to pay for their crimes.Yes I agree ,a deputy riding around catching people on atv's is of the utmost importance.Damn  you guys got me convinced I should tazor myself and go down to gunclub road and do some time.

PBSO doesn't make up his assignment. He just carries it out. He is doing his job. He doesn't have to come on here and HELP us out. He does that on his FREE TIME because he CARES. With that said, I hope you look at him differently.

Also I would tell you what i think of you but, I would be breaking most of the board rules by doing so.

TRX450R_Racer
Retired Racer
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #42 on: July 13, 2006, 09:55:58 AM »

You have a right of speach but freeking respect the man sb.
Clapper Clapper Clapper Clapper Clapper Clapper Clapper Clapper Clapper Clapper

cheropride
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #43 on: July 13, 2006, 03:18:04 PM »

Sb seems your the only one that feels the way you do. 

Kawi-360 4WD/Camo
Honda 400
Polaris Ranger 700XP
gery350
Supreme Member

no guts, no glory

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #44 on: July 13, 2006, 03:30:02 PM »

Gary,
  Yes you have to pay $4.50 for the sticker. I just got mine yesterday. You will need the title. They for some reason are issueing me a new title. The girl taht waited on me had no clue like you are saying. Luckily the one in the back knew what was going on.

thanks man. i'm gonna go and get mine.
dont want my bike impounded. Grin

hey this is klutchbuster350, me and rl400*mostly rl400* made my dad this sig. now lets see how long it takes him to notice lol
gery350
Supreme Member

no guts, no glory

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #45 on: July 13, 2006, 03:33:10 PM »

.Damn  you guys got me convinced I should tazor myself and go down to gunclub road and do some time.

based on yer responses i think youve done that one too many times. Grin

sbripple

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #46 on: July 13, 2006, 09:10:14 PM »

bullshit and you guys are buyin it.Some of you are even shovin your heads so far up his poopshoot you gotta have brown navels.ok  never mind.You think kissin up is gonna buy you special consideration or what?Or are you that stupid?Either way follow the other lemmings to the cliffs edge.I dont give up my rights as easily.
polaris4chasing

Finally, ATVFlorida.com is here!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #47 on: July 13, 2006, 11:00:54 PM »

sb, The way you talk about the county jail and poopshoots, seems you've experienced something we haven't.....Not sure what rights your talking about. Last I knew, owning quads and riding them is a privilage, not a right. Yea, the riding area situation sucks, but that doesn't mean we're criminals and thugs who violate the rights of property owners and the safety of drivers. Dude, your so part of the problem and it's a$$holes like you that that screw it up for everyone else....I think most would agree, you should be pulled over by pbso4 and reaquainted with the thugs at the county lock-up.....
sbripple

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #48 on: July 14, 2006, 06:29:29 AM »

ok  that did it .I realize you are all complete babbling idiots,and not worth my time.I hope I meet a few of you buttlickers on the trail so we can see how big your mouths are in person.
bluesman
Supreme Member

03 ds650baja/03kfx 400/ 03kfx 450

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #49 on: July 14, 2006, 08:01:15 AM »

well i  agree with him also.alot of it is bullcrap!

why do i need a sticker to prove that its my bike??that is whats the vin
is for!!! are you telling me they cant run the vin on my bikes???i also keep copies of my titles under each seat!!!! thats no good enough i need to buy a sticker for 5 bucks each that any one can peel off and put on there own bike???
here is the simple fact! I dont leave burnt cars or junk boats when i go ride
i pick up all trash that i bring in. if its not .croom,ocala or any of the 2 or 3
legal rideing areas we are breaking some sort of law.i seem to run across
all the stupid self centered pbso deputies.how busy is the IA department??hmmm
they can charge me with alot of crap thats why  we have lawers.and the right to sue. pbso_4 seems to care he lets us know where they are going to be.HOW WOULD YOU FEEL WHEN YOUR MINOR DAUGHTER IS MISSING FROM SCHOOL AND YOU CALL PBSO AND IT TAKES 4 HRS TO GET TO YOUR HOUSE??AND YOU ASK WHY AND THEY SAID THAT THEY ARE TOO BUSY...IT HAPPEND TO ME!!
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Other Florida sites of interest: www.PinballShark.com