Home ATV Florida Forum ATV Florida Where to Ride? ATV Florida Links Advertise

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Poll
Question: Is David Bohnstadt a dirty rider?
Dirty - 11 (40.7%)
Clean - 12 (44.4%)
Mad because you lost - 4 (14.8%)
Total Voters: 27

Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Dirty or not?  (Read 17415 times)
cbrjc24

View Profile

Ignore
« on: June 28, 2006, 09:29:40 PM »

For everyone who has ever raced with David Bohnstadt, is he a clean or dirty racer.  As for the last Thunderbowl race, that was the most pathetic display of sportsmanship I have ever witnessed.  All the locals wanted to fight.  Come on guys, at least leave the woman and children in the car, and be men enough to settle things in an adult fashion.  I haven't seen that crap since high school, which some of you probably never grew out of.  Do you see the NASCAR drivers doing that?  No, they bump and wreck, but are PROFESSIONAL about it.  GROW UP!  Yes, I know it is not NASCAR, but is is still all left turns, so it is the same crap.  If you thought he was dirty, walk up and say so, but a mob going over to his trailer to beat him up, give me a freakin break.
« Last Edit: June 28, 2006, 09:33:54 PM by cbrjc24 » Logged
450r91

Finally! ATVFlorida.com is here!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: June 28, 2006, 10:16:23 PM »

Racing is racing, sh*t happens that sometimes you cant control, But ganging up on a rider that is not even taking it seriously out there and totally having fun and pretty much laughing when he is out on the bike racing is total B/S. Some people I guess just cant take getting there butts handed to them by a person who is just riding for fun, some people forget this is just for FUN Roll Eyes
LostCause
Supreme Member

SSQSA is coming back!

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: June 28, 2006, 10:53:44 PM »

I can not believe that someone started this.....

David is one of the nicest guys that I know.  Quiet, laid back, and loves to ride.  Not to mention that he has more tallent than most of the quys in the state.

I didn't see what happened in Ocala but I just wanted to say what I know about him. 

I just cant believe that someone would want to bash someone else on an open forum instead of going straight to the person.  I heard there were no hard feelings so just let it be.

my 2 cents!!

We have the ability to control our future.

www.SSQSA.net

Thanks to our sponsors: Walsh Racecraft, X-Tream Clean, Ripixx, Goon with Style, Pit Posse, Amsoil, Equalibryum, Crown Wear, Answer, MSR, AXO, Slackercross, UFO, MXRESULTZ
trx#9
Supreme Member

Manager at Seaman's Sausage House and Adult Movies

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: June 28, 2006, 11:02:56 PM »

For everyone who has ever raced with David Bohnstadt, is he a clean or dirty racer.  As for the last Thunderbowl race, that was the most pathetic display of sportsmanship I have ever witnessed.  All the locals wanted to fight.  Come on guys, at least leave the woman and children in the car, and be men enough to settle things in an adult fashion.  I haven't seen that crap since high school, which some of you probably never grew out of.  Do you see the NASCAR drivers doing that?  No, they bump and wreck, but are PROFESSIONAL about it.  GROW UP!  Yes, I know it is not NASCAR, but is is still all left turns, so it is the same crap.  If you thought he was dirty, walk up and say so, but a mob going over to his trailer to beat him up, give me a freakin break.
So what happened, I need more info.  Brett I think he's bashing the ocala locals.

"A SPECIAL THANKS TO MY SPONSORS"
Big Knob racing!, NewMembers Mom!
 Sacks Gloryhole at the Little Bar!
Qawd32 Colon massage inc.!
Fuzzy Pickle race team!
fastrnrik
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: June 29, 2006, 06:05:04 AM »

Dude, you are an idiot for even starting this type of thing on here. "All the locals" did not want to fight. I'm a "local", as are my friends, and we were not trying to fight anybody. We were sitting there enjoying racing and hanging out with our families. Racing is racing, and no matter what, people are gonna get pi$$ed about something. If you can't work it out on race day, wait until next race when cooler heads will prevail. That being said, if it wasn't you personally involved, then it's none of your business to get on a open forum and try to start a "us versus them" scenario. What good can come from that? Guys like Hillkiller are trying to make the racing better organized and more fun, while some dumba$$ is trying to alienate people. Yeah, and by the way rocket scientist, NASCAR drivers are always getting fined and docked points for trying to fight each other and throwing things, etc. My best advice to you is keep your trap shut, and let the people involved handle their own business.   
cbrjc24

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: June 29, 2006, 06:56:53 AM »

I was there.  If you are so big on letting things be discussed between the two riders involved, why did at least 20 other people go over to the mans race trailer when they were not involved?  They did not even have on race gear so we know they were not racing.  You guys are pissed because you are used to turning on your blinkers on the track when you want to pass, and someone else came in and was willing to hold his line and not let people pass, and actually raced.  I saw one of your guys pile drive him hard enough to bend the left front wheel on his quad, and the guy intentionally shifted gears and continued to push him.  But I suppose that was clean racing, right?
cbrjc24

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: June 29, 2006, 08:27:14 AM »

Look guys.  I honestly am not attempting to create animosity.  I was not bashing David or the locals personnally, I was bashing the unsportsman like conduct that was displayed last Saturday night.  As you guys have said in the other forums, it should have been handled one on one, but it was not.  there was talk of a fight, and that is rediculous. We are all grown men, or should be, so why not handle things in an adult fashion. Here is an idea.  Lets start a money class. That will bring out the racer in everyone, and it will stop this banter. If you are racing for money, you will not be so worried that someone touched you on the track.  Did David bump a few times, yes.  Was it done for spite, no.  He has been racing for 15 years, not riding, racing.  How many others can say that?  How many people wrecked and were injured as a result of the bumping he did?  How many bikes were damaged?  The answer is none.  The rider who t-boned david can not say the same, as he did damage Torrie Racing's quad, and he never said two words about it.  That is unsportsman like bahaviour, and that was intentional.  That should speak to you about David's character.  A lesser person would have been fighting on the track after a hit like he recieved in turn one.  I would like to see defined and posted classes, as well as the rules for each one.  Why not use the AMA class rules, so all would be fair, and decided.  You say you have a Pro class, but I saw no Pro riders.  I know that no one there has a Pro card.  What is open class?  Open bike or open skill level for the rider?  You need rules and right now all you have is a jumble of he said, they said, and even the guy running the show out there has different answers than you guys posting on this site.  Lets get some definate rules and post them, even set penalties for reckless riding so all can have more fun and be safer.
« Last Edit: June 29, 2006, 08:40:48 AM by cbrjc24 » Logged
ratsrepus

I am the fastest man alive

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: June 29, 2006, 08:52:41 AM »

just when it looked like this was setled and layed to rest people like you have to stirr up more crap. There are some pretty big holes in your argument. 1st,  nascar is not open wheel, they have fenders that cover the tires, 4 wheelers dont. have u ever seen what happens when two indy cars touch tires?? it can be bad. 2nd, nascar drivers do fight. lets get u some examples: jimmy spencer vs kurt bush, tony stewart vs brian vickers, ricky rudd vs his mechanic, earnhardt vs rusty wallace and yes most of the time a drivers whole pit crew will get involved. they dont just leave the drivers to settle it by themselves.
  I saw the crowd go over to davids trailer. most of them didnt have gear on because they probably saw the flagger throw the black flag at David and wanted to see what it was all about. The rider that was upset with David said he was wrecked by David not once but twice. When the crowd went over there i didnt see any pushing, i didnt hear any bad language but what i did see was Tim and David discussing the problem over by themselves with the track manager which is the way it should be done.
Racing is racing, sh*t happens that sometimes you cant control, But ganging up on a rider that is not even taking it seriously out there and totally having fun and pretty much laughing when he is out on the bike racing is total B/S. Some people I guess just cant take getting there butts handed to them by a person who is just riding for fun, some people forget this is just for FUN Roll Eyes
   The flagger obviously saw it diffrent since David was black flagged. Hes probly is a super nice guy but IF he is getting into other people and causing wrecks then he needs to adjust his riding style. if hes fast and hes a really good rider then he should move through the field without contact. people do know its just for fun but when they have a broken shoulder and 500 dollars in damages they may get irritated with the guy who caused it. All of you who think its funny to run into other people and then hide behind the excuse that they couldn't control there bike should stay home unless they want the officials to tell them directly.
  now let david and tim handle this themselves, i don't think david needs any of you as spokemen since your arguments are so flawed You are doing nothing more to help him but instead bringing more bad attention to him. They are men they can speak for themselves and they are the only ones who really know what happened on the track, none of you keyboard mouthpieces.

YOURE GONNA LOSE AND I'M GONNA LIKE IT
cbrjc24

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: June 29, 2006, 09:13:33 AM »

You made no mention of the need for defined rules and regulations.  As of right now, any new rider coming in would have no clue what is what.  I heard the driver meeting, it actually is pretty vague in comparison with an AMA sanctioned event.  I am not a keyboard badmouth either.  I have not said anything on here I would be unwilling to say in person, as it is my opinion and I am intitled to that just as you are entitled to yours.
Nightbreed
Supreme Member

ATP Racing Engines Inc.

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: June 29, 2006, 09:29:35 AM »

I say that anyone who touches tires with anyone else should be hung from a cross and have rocks thrown at them!!!!!!  Bonk

If it werent for the internet these days, I dont think anyone could survive anymore. Moon

What doesnt kill you, Makes you stronger!
ratsrepus

I am the fastest man alive

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: June 29, 2006, 10:28:49 AM »

You made no mention of the need for defined rules and regulations.  As of right now, any new rider coming in would have no clue what is what.  I heard the driver meeting, it actually is pretty vague in comparison with an AMA sanctioned event.  I am not a keyboard badmouth either.  I have not said anything on here I would be unwilling to say in person, as it is my opinion and I am intitled to that just as you are entitled to yours.
  since when did Ocala advertise they they follow the AMA? i agree rules are needed to keep the ship sailing smoothly but this ship sailed fine until ONE rider came along and started "BUMPING" as you called it. no one else has been acused of ruff driving. in the drivers meeting I heard the flagger give specific instructions about bumping, he said dont do it. you admitted David bumps people so why does he? the track is plenty wide for two wide racing. nice guy or not maybe you or him dont realise the risk in injury when bumping is on purpose. maybe it will take one you to get really hurt to get the point of all this all because someone did something stupid on the track.   
« Last Edit: June 29, 2006, 11:13:22 AM by DirtTrackMaster » Logged

YOURE GONNA LOSE AND I'M GONNA LIKE IT
450r91

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: June 29, 2006, 12:30:06 PM »

Look, I was directly behind the incident that happened that got this whole thing started, Its just a case of someone getting a little to hot headed over it, because 2 people were going for the holeshot at the same time and coming into the corner. David was indeed in front and carrying his line totally fine, the other guy came in under him which cause the small bump. This was EXACTLY what happened, because I had to tap the brakes to avoid the guy from coming into me. Im not putting this post up to start anything but telling how I saw being that I was 5 feet from it, to settle this once and for all
Scott270r

Mystic Motorsports #5

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: June 29, 2006, 12:56:33 PM »

I think that moving the starts back to where they used to be could help prevent all this to begin with. Whose idea was it to move the starts so far forward anyway? My guess is it was some guy with a slow bike trying to handicap the faster bikes...Not cool and you see the results. Its too bad this thread is so big, there are just to few of us Quad racing lovers out there to begin with.

I have another theory as well. I started racing MX 16 years ago and a little bit of "rubbing" is just the way we raced at Reddick/Valdosta Woodbine. Your not going as fast and this is "O.K." Its a little different when you are moving 65m.p.h. Plus its a special group that really like to be super clean. I hope everyone can find some middle ground, I'm sure all you guys from Sand Mountain/ Torrie Racing and all other places are cool guys too just like all the people I have met at Ocala Thunderbowl

1998 GFTL Open Pro Champion
2006 SFTL Open Class Champion

......Thanks Derek

Mystic Motorsports - 3 Time Champions....Congratulations Derek on a great 2010 season!!!

http://i114.photobucket.com/albums/n270/scott270r/Race_Mystic.jpg
Hoosier Daddy
Southern Flat Track League
Supreme Member

Team WareRacing Member #07

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: June 29, 2006, 12:59:30 PM »

I just dont get why David was shooting birds while on the track.... whats up with that?
Although i didnt see it personaly, the whole track was talking about it.

I can understand why he was black flagged, he was warned of rough driving the prior race and in the drivers meeting.  If the flag man doesnt put an end to it someone will get hurt. that track isnt soft dirt or sand, it is HARD clay. You you hit it, it hurts! If we had fenders I would have no problem "moving" someone out of the way. Ever seen a sprint car wreck? Talk about fights! ask a sprint car driver about that!
« Last Edit: June 29, 2006, 01:18:20 PM by Hoosier Daddy » Logged

BLISS Feed, Hay, and Race Fuels Zephyrhills, Fl
"Character is what you have when no one is looking"
450r91

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #14 on: June 29, 2006, 01:18:09 PM »

Well if u got blacked flagged for something that wasnt technically wasnt your fault wouldnt you be a little pissed off to?
Hoosier Daddy
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: June 29, 2006, 01:20:19 PM »

Not if it was the 3rd time being blacked flagged and when I have been talked to twice before that.

so he did shoot birds? and you talk of other not being unsportsman like? thats the pot calling the kettle black.

If he does it again, the track will ban him.

450r, how old are you? how long have you been racing?
« Last Edit: June 29, 2006, 01:23:31 PM by Hoosier Daddy » Logged

450r91

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: June 29, 2006, 01:23:46 PM »

Well see the thing is that since the first time this ever happened, which wasnt his fault. Every other time that something like this happens, his fault or not it all goes down in him, not saying he did or didnt flip the bird cause that i did not see, but I would get kinda pissed off about that. I mean he got spun around and the guy kept on pulling gears and pushing him. Whats up with that?
Hoosier Daddy
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: June 29, 2006, 01:26:41 PM »

I was standing in turn 1 and didnt see it that way.

David should be the one in here heating this up... im a little curious as why your so concered with something that didnt concern you anyway?
« Last Edit: June 29, 2006, 01:31:01 PM by Hoosier Daddy » Logged

HillKiller
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: June 29, 2006, 02:36:40 PM »

450r91 where do you get your info? The wrecks are on VIDEO. Tim never grabbed another gear because his bike stalled out when David was turned sideways across the front of Tim's bike. If Tim was pushing him then that would be because of shear momentum, nothing else. Please stop perpetuating a situation that has been settled between the only two who were involved.
  I talked to David before any races, he is a nice guy and he admitted he is new to this type of riding. He also said he wasn't sure about riding with flattrack tires. He will be fine if everyone will let this go. The bigger question here is why is anyone still talking about this?HuhHuh?? Tim told David that he can't just move left when someone is beside him because a wreck will happen, then David offered an apology. I saw David and Tim shake hands and walk away and yet most of you on this post keep on about it. THis whole post does nothing more than bring alot of negative attention to both riders and I am sure if they were asked they would agree this whole thing is dumb and unnecessary. Enough already. It's over.  Next race is July 8th.

www.SouthernDirtTrackAssociation.Com

Special thanks to my sponsor:
WareRacing Engines

Sunoco Race Fuel Distributor
5 gal pails 110,112,116
See me at the track or email me here
cbrjc24

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: June 29, 2006, 02:41:58 PM »

Were you involved?  If not, why are you so worried about it?  I was in turn one and that is exactly what happened.  I also saw when the bird was given.  It was given after Tim, I believe his name is, finished shaking his fist in Davids face telling him that he would kick Davids ass if he touched him again.  I believe David was telling him he was number 1.  So should Tim be banned if he threatens any one again?  I also never said it was AMA sanctioned.  I was simply saying put rules to paper, and post them do not make them up as you go.  I also said that the man running the show had different explanations of the classes and rules than you do on these forums.  That being said, there is an obvious lack of organization.
1fastltr450
Supreme Member

Super Fast Racer

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: June 29, 2006, 03:08:29 PM »

I was right behind them out of the hole I saw what happened and it is all on tape also. The inside man is the one that cannot go anywhere. It is clear David came down on Tim. I do think you have a good point about getting rules in writing. I think David is a good rider who is just trying hard to win, he has a fast bike and if he cant get it all in the holeshot, he has 12 laps to get it.

2007 Maximum TT Series Open class Champion

AMA 2007 Winter National Short Track Series Open Class Winner

Hair color helps you win.

www.SouthernFlatTrackLeague.Com

Thanks to my sponsors:
 Krome n Kustomz (K & K Motorsports)
 Mystic Motorsports  (Their only 4-poke)
HillKiller
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #21 on: June 29, 2006, 03:34:54 PM »

Were you involved?  If not, why are you so worried about it?  I was in turn one and that is exactly what happened.  I also saw when the bird was given.  It was given after Tim, I believe his name is, finished shaking his fist in Davids face telling him that he would kick Davids ass if he touched him again.  I believe David was telling him he was number 1.  So should Tim be banned if he threatens any one again?  I also never said it was AMA sanctioned.  I was simply saying put rules to paper, and post them do not make them up as you go.  I also said that the man running the show had different explanations of the classes and rules than you do on these forums.  That being said, there is an obvious lack of organization.
   Yes I was involved because I holeshot-ed everyone in the first start of the main only to have it taken away because there was a restart. Like I said, David and Tim settled it so why are you still babbling? If you don't like the racing there STAY HOME. If you have beef with the flagman then take it up with him, he'll be glad to give you his opinion. Because David handled the situation and settled with Tim like a man he is welcome back.

www.SouthernDirtTrackAssociation.Com

Special thanks to my sponsor:
WareRacing Engines

Sunoco Race Fuel Distributor
5 gal pails 110,112,116
See me at the track or email me here
cbrjc24

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #22 on: June 29, 2006, 03:51:29 PM »

Do you have a problem with clear defined rules?
blupits04
Supreme Member

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #23 on: June 29, 2006, 04:55:09 PM »

We were there to watch the race and saw everything.. No matter what happened out there it was solved between the riders. There was alot of stuff that got said but it was resolved with the ones personally involved so why does it matter to someone with hearsay opinions? I believe they are just competitive racers who made some mistakes. There was some unsportsmanship shown but was corrected. Let it drop. It's done and over with and unless it happens again It's just racers racing.

1fastltr450
Supreme Member

Super Fast Racer

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #24 on: June 29, 2006, 05:30:15 PM »

Look, I was directly behind the incident that happened that got this whole thing started, Its just a case of someone getting a little to hot headed over it, because 2 people were going for the holeshot at the same time and coming into the corner. David was indeed in front and carrying his line totally fine, the other guy came in under him which cause the small bump. This was EXACTLY what happened, because I had to tap the brakes to avoid the guy from coming into me. Im not putting this post up to start anything but telling how I saw being that I was 5 feet from it, to settle this once and for all

I seem to remember there only being 7 bikes in the open class...who are you exactly? Are you even good enough to be in the open class. You must have been in a dream, dreaming you were up there running with us big dogs. I think you need to just stay on the porch.

2007 Maximum TT Series Open class Champion

AMA 2007 Winter National Short Track Series Open Class Winner

Hair color helps you win.

www.SouthernFlatTrackLeague.Com

Thanks to my sponsors:
 Krome n Kustomz (K & K Motorsports)
 Mystic Motorsports  (Their only 4-poke)
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Other Florida sites of interest: www.PinballShark.com