Home ATV Florida Forum ATV Florida Where to Ride? ATV Florida Links Advertise

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: July 8 Ocala Thunderbowl Speedway Flattrack  (Read 18995 times)
Hoosier Daddy
Southern Flat Track League
Supreme Member

Team WareRacing Member #07

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #50 on: July 06, 2006, 12:14:26 PM »

think on this

for me, the wife and son to race.

7x3+21
25x2+ 50

1 night of racing for a fam of 3=   $71.00
2Xs a month 142.00

I dunno... seems expensive after you figure in fuel @ 3.00 a gallon and its a 220 mile round trip... Undecided

No offence to the flagman, Im sure crap has rolled down hill to him .. but I dont see this going in the right direction... I think were paying for someones drinking money..
« Last Edit: July 06, 2006, 12:16:19 PM by Hoosier Daddy » Logged

BLISS Feed, Hay, and Race Fuels Zephyrhills, Fl
"Character is what you have when no one is looking"
Quad32x
Supreme Member

Work My Sausage !

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #51 on: July 06, 2006, 12:51:14 PM »

I don't like the idea of being stuck in the Pro class. If I am on my 330R sure but my 450R or 400EX? There is NO WAY those bikes can compete with my 330R. I should be able to with a lesser machine race the lesser classes.
Good  point  and  seems  fair  to  me.  Thats  what  I  was  saying  in  the  first  place.  As  for  the  racing  fees........Nigga  pul-lease ! Shocked   I  would  think  $5.  for  entry  and  $15.  for  the  two  lower  classes  and  $20.  for  the  open  or  pro  class.  No  need  to  make  us  stay  late  AND  nail  us  in  the  ass ! Cursing

Team LFG , Local Fat Guys.
Mystic Motorsports Vet Class Rider #32
derek330
Supreme Member

Thanks to all my CREW!!! 2010 champ!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #52 on: July 06, 2006, 03:51:37 PM »

I don't like the idea of being stuck in the Pro class. If I am on my 330R sure but my 450R or 400EX? There is NO WAY those bikes can compete with my 330R. I should be able to with a lesser machine race the lesser classes.
Good  point  and  seems  fair  to  me.  Thats  what  I  was  saying  in  the  first  place.  As  for  the  racing  fees........Nigga  pul-lease ! Shocked   I  would  think  $5.  for  entry  and  $15.  for  the  two  lower  classes  and  $20.  for  the  open  or  pro  class.  No  need  to  make  us  stay  late  AND  nail  us  in  the  ass ! Cursing

PLEASE DONT!!  Cool

2010 SDTA OPEN CLASS CHAMP!
        > Mystic Motorsports<
     The innovators not the imitators!   
     <Performance 2-stroke engines>
     3 TIME open class championship engine
      builder and tuner.
fastrnrik
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #53 on: July 06, 2006, 06:06:34 PM »

Believe me, I feel ya on the money thing. I pay for my family to get in, and any of my employees and their families if they want to come. I live 7 miles from Thunderbowl, and I'm not digging it either  Cry. I didn't get out there to see Ray this afternoon, but I am going to talk to him some more about the money issue. There are ways to keep everyone in check as far as honesty goes, while not raising the price dramatically and causing riders to not want to come and race. I might ride out there tomorrow night (I think it's Kart night) to see what I can accomplish on the fees. I'm pretty persuasive  Brows, and damn good looking to boot  Hotty... LOL       
flagmanthunderbowl

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #54 on: July 06, 2006, 06:53:45 PM »

ok guys sorry the gate price is still 7 and racing is 20 im sorry about that.. my fault... but dont brake out the tissues yet. the little extra 2 dollars u pay goes back into a points fund and money races.. if u have 2 differnent bikes u can race 2 diff. classes... thats why we got to work on bike types im looking into it to keep everything fair.. it takes time guys to get a race program going that helps and makes racing fair and fun just give me the chance and u wont go any where else... Cool
flagmanthunderbowl

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #55 on: July 06, 2006, 07:29:48 PM »

no grudge racing huh?? thats ok... i know the guy at valdosta will let us!! Wink
we will just have to get something going there...as far as the money that is BS!! Sad
 who can afford to pay over 30 dollors to race?? everyone already has to spend all their cash on their bikes.. looks like ocala is going down hill.....oh well..... i have never paid that much to race!! ever!!
its 10 dollars in georgia to get in gate 20 to race u r going to pay to play where ever u go sorry
fastrnrik
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #56 on: July 06, 2006, 09:18:10 PM »

See, that's better.  Grin I told you Ray was the man...
LT-R450ApK
Supreme Member

Dont Become the Pink Panther

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #57 on: July 06, 2006, 10:12:25 PM »

I dont know when the last time anyone has ran a FTR event but i price seem fair if They get their $hit together,hey scott what about the rest of everyone that races against you and derek all are 450's?
It's the rider that makes the bike!
So if i Bring my Old Z400 out i guess i should be able to run the Beg. class right?
Maybe we need to class it by CC then?

Zuk 4Fiddy Lots O Stuff
Faster to list whats stock
Scott270r

Mystic Motorsports #5

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #58 on: July 06, 2006, 11:23:30 PM »

I dont know when the last time anyone has ran a FTR event but i price seem fair if They get their $hit together,hey scott what about the rest of everyone that races against you and derek all are 450's?
So if i Bring my Old Z400 out i guess i should be able to run the Beg. class right?

I don't think I expressed what I was trying to say very clearly Scooter. I meant MY 450R & 400EX can't compete against my 330R (with me riding it). It takes a little different riding style and I'm still learning the bike. Plus it still needs more mods to be on par with many other 450's in the open class.

If your Z400 is all stock yes you should be able to race beginner. It is a beginner level tune (stock) and if you SMOKE everyone then you can be booted out. But you know a stock z400 won't fair well against LT450R's (stock) and you and Gary both know this. That is all I'm saying. Maybe some ground rules with everyone's input to keep the classes competitive and some common sense. I don't think there is any one size fits all rule, just judge every different situation with common sense.

1998 GFTL Open Pro Champion
2006 SFTL Open Class Champion

......Thanks Derek

Mystic Motorsports - 3 Time Champions....Congratulations Derek on a great 2010 season!!!

http://i114.photobucket.com/albums/n270/scott270r/Race_Mystic.jpg
Hoosier Daddy
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #59 on: July 07, 2006, 05:55:11 AM »

Yes but, FTR usestransponders (in most cases), they have a million dang track officals... ETC... 
plus this isnt a AMA sanctioned event.
« Last Edit: July 07, 2006, 06:00:45 AM by Hoosier Daddy » Logged

Hoosier Daddy
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #60 on: July 07, 2006, 05:57:30 AM »

ok guys sorry the gate price is still 7 and racing is 20 im sorry about that.. my fault... but dont brake out the tissues yet. the little extra 2 dollars u pay goes back into a points fund and money races.. if u have 2 differnent bikes u can race 2 diff. classes... thats why we got to work on bike types im looking into it to keep everything fair.. it takes time guys to get a race program going that helps and makes racing fair and fun just give me the chance and u wont go any where else... Cool

Ray,

Last time we paid $20 for the "points fund" and i never once saw ANY points.. i mean not just mine but anyones... that seems to have went in someone pocket and we never got anything in return for it... what is going to make this different from last time?
« Last Edit: July 07, 2006, 06:04:15 AM by Hoosier Daddy » Logged

fastrnrik
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #61 on: July 07, 2006, 06:45:30 AM »

Oh yeah, speaking of transponders. Ray did mention that we would be getting transponders. I forgot to post that earlier. As far as classes, my feeling is that it's open for discussion. However, I don't think there are enough riders just yet to justify too many classes. If it gets broke down too much, we'll be back to racing one, two or three at a time. I personally like racing against several people. Just my thoughts. I'm sure we can all come to an agreement  Cry to a fair class system. 
Yeah Hoosier, I'm a little leary of "points funds" too. When I used to mud race years ago we got scammed (f*&$%d) pretty good, out of pretty good amount of money.
I'm sure they'll come up with some way to keep it legit, I mean it's all kind of new, so my thought is give it a chance to work, and then if it goes in the wrong direction we'll call them on it.   
flagmanthunderbowl

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #62 on: July 07, 2006, 05:52:30 PM »

i do not belive in taking.. that might have been the problem with the track before and i do understand the conceren.. so it is a chance. but i do belive in the points system, and i feel as an x racer myself that if the tracks give a little it will come back 10 fold.. no lie guys its a buisness and i will treat it as one as far as the money goes but formost its a place for a bunch of die hard racers to have a blast and its whats inportant.. the points will start this weekend if the rain holds up long enough.. and will b posted here bye me and at the track.. there is a lot of weeks left in the year to run so it wont b a lot buttttttt .... this track will b giving something back.. to the drivers for supporting the track.. its only fair and i will b talking to the owners and drivers about this alot in these coming up weeks .. but the sooner the better...as far as postions that will b rewarded im not sure yet.. but like i said u gave and r giving the track ur support and patienes so i think its only fair that its rewarded... so just give me and staff the chance and like i said u will not race on any other track... we will b home for the badest quad racing in the south... my personal goal... thanks everyone c u sat... Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes
Scott270r

Mystic Motorsports #5

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #63 on: July 10, 2006, 09:19:22 AM »

I just wanted to say it was great meeting some new people this past Saturday. Rick, Daniel (Fastrnrik), and others, Great racing I am glad no one was hurt in our class, my apologies again for crop dusting you guys all night. I promise the bike will be running much better next time.

On another note, Congratulations to Dave Ware  First Place on his complete and total annihalation of the Open Pro class  Shocked. Man you were running great, that main jet must be dead on now! Doug and Megan, I enjoyed hanging out with you, see you guys this weekend!

« Last Edit: July 10, 2006, 07:20:58 PM by Scott270r » Logged

1998 GFTL Open Pro Champion
2006 SFTL Open Class Champion

......Thanks Derek

Mystic Motorsports - 3 Time Champions....Congratulations Derek on a great 2010 season!!!

http://i114.photobucket.com/albums/n270/scott270r/Race_Mystic.jpg
Quad32x
Supreme Member

Work My Sausage !

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #64 on: July 10, 2006, 09:46:27 AM »

Oh  man  did  The  Head  of  my  Dave  pour  the  meat  to  them  or  what ! Shocked  You  DA Man  Dave ! Wink

Team LFG , Local Fat Guys.
Mystic Motorsports Vet Class Rider #32
HillKiller
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #65 on: July 10, 2006, 10:02:25 AM »

Congrats accepted!!! The track was nasty but it was hookin up!

www.SouthernDirtTrackAssociation.Com

Special thanks to my sponsor:
WareRacing Engines

Sunoco Race Fuel Distributor
5 gal pails 110,112,116
See me at the track or email me here
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Other Florida sites of interest: www.PinballShark.com