Home ATV Florida Forum ATV Florida Where to Ride? ATV Florida Links Advertise

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: July 8 Ocala Thunderbowl Speedway Flattrack  (Read 18998 times)
toofittyr

Team Ware Racing Member #02

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #25 on: June 27, 2006, 07:57:29 AM »

superstar,

i've only spoken with you one time at the track, but i just wanted to say best of luck and recover soon. none of us ever want to see anyone get hurt.  i've been there, done that a year ago, fractured hip and torn shoulder (plus surgery). took a year to heal.  keep coming to the track and stay in contact.  again, the best with recovery.

david sr.
team ware racing 

if you don't mix your gas, then you an't fast
superstar
Supreme Member

YALLMINEHAULS

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #26 on: June 27, 2006, 09:03:43 AM »

Thank you, we'll be around. May be lurking back in the shadows, but we'll be out there somewhere. Soon as the healing is done ill take a look at the bike. I think its just got a bent front wheel, but i havent been able to look it over.  Left it in silver springs @ my folks place. Probably run up over the 4th and look it over. Was told the last time at the track that we couldnt run lights, so my father and i covered em up so you couldnt see em shinin, before we left for the track. Supposedly after i came off the track after i wiped out, i kept askin how my lights got covered up, and who rigged it like that.  Roll Eyes Roll Eyes.Pretty much let everybody know that it was time to head to the emergency room. I think i remember talkin to gasgas about his last trip out. I do remember scooter tellin me not to let too much air out of my rears, after practice. Also i think i remember a female rider. Oh well im sure itll come back soon enough. Thanks again for the kind words. John
HillKiller
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #27 on: June 27, 2006, 10:07:33 AM »

I have a question about the classes. What are the different classes and what are the standards to be in each class. Usually at most tracks there is a "A", "B", and "C" or it is broken down into age groups. How are things here?

What are the titles of the classes. Does this pertain to the bike and motor or the rider's abilities? The one main class in question is the "open class" what is considered to be open? 

Not necessarily by age, more by experience and machine. For the most part it is up to the rider to chose the class where they fit best. I hope this helps...

C class (Beginner): little or no experience on flattrack, stock setup, lower horsepower machines such as Blasters, Warriors, etc. No more than 3 wins (don't have to be consecutive).

B class (Intermediate or Junior): Some experience on flattrack, Must have flattrack tires (at least on rear), setup may include swaybar, shocks, lowering kits, etc. No more than 3 wins (don't have to be consecutive).

A class (Open or Pro): Experienced rider on a capable machine ie rider should have the ability to stay on the lead lap and the bike should have a full flattrack setup...flattrack tires (no knobbies permitted), swaybar, etc. No cc min or max, unlimited.

PeeWee (Mini): The range of ages have been 5-12 and cc's from 50 to 150. So far there has not been more than 6 Peewees entered in a race. As turnout grows they may be eventually split to class them better.
« Last Edit: June 27, 2006, 10:26:19 AM by HillKiller » Logged

www.SouthernDirtTrackAssociation.Com

Special thanks to my sponsor:
WareRacing Engines

Sunoco Race Fuel Distributor
5 gal pails 110,112,116
See me at the track or email me here
fastrnrik
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #28 on: June 27, 2006, 07:20:43 PM »

Superstar, I have no idea who you are, but I can relate. I wrecked pretty good out there a month / month and a half ago and broke my right arm, my left shoulder, and several ribs on the left side, not to mention tweakin' my bike up pretty good. I could've built one bad a$$ four wheeler for the cost of those doctor bills! I hope you heal fast, and wear the sling, cast, etc. for the right amount of time lol! By the way, I would like to say thanks to any of you who helped me that day. It seems a V-Force with 22" Holeshots was a bad choice for a first time on a flat track. I don't know who any of you are on here, but, thanks again for your help.
   Also, I was wondering, Hillkiller, where you got your info on the classes at? Specifically, the spec on win #'s, bike types etc. I personally raced in the beginner class on a YFZ, because,well, I'm new at this type of racing. We have talked to the guys at the track about having a seperate class for older kids/teenagers who ride the blasters, 300EX's, etc. I know there are several kids in our area who don't come race because they don't want to race against grown men on 450's or hyped up 250R's, both of which raced in the beginner class beside me. We were told they didn't mind, if the turnout was there. I guess it's a kind of "make it happen" thing. I was just wondering who you were dealing with, as you never know week to week what the story is or who's in charge over there. I think you'll agree if I ran my business like that, I'd be on welfare.
   And finally, I know you guys in here are all friends and are tight, and that's cool, but what happened with the rider from Torri Racing? My wife, kid, and parents were watching, and said there was a "ruckus" with someone and their rider. I am not trying to start s@*t, I was just wondering. I don't personally know the rider, but I deal with Torri Racing alot, and have found them to be laid back, honest guys. 
   Oh crap, sorry for 20 freakin' pages...             

HillKiller
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #29 on: June 28, 2006, 08:04:06 AM »

Superstar, I have no idea who you are, but I can relate. I wrecked pretty good out there a month / month and a half ago and broke my right arm, my left shoulder, and several ribs on the left side, not to mention tweakin' my bike up pretty good. I could've built one bad a$$ four wheeler for the cost of those doctor bills! I hope you heal fast, and wear the sling, cast, etc. for the right amount of time lol! By the way, I would like to say thanks to any of you who helped me that day. It seems a V-Force with 22" Holeshots was a bad choice for a first time on a flat track. I don't know who any of you are on here, but, thanks again for your help.
   Also, I was wondering, Hillkiller, where you got your info on the classes at? Specifically, the spec on win #'s, bike types etc. I personally raced in the beginner class on a YFZ, because,well, I'm new at this type of racing. We have talked to the guys at the track about having a seperate class for older kids/teenagers who ride the blasters, 300EX's, etc. I know there are several kids in our area who don't come race because they don't want to race against grown men on 450's or hyped up 250R's, both of which raced in the beginner class beside me. We were told they didn't mind, if the turnout was there. I guess it's a kind of "make it happen" thing. I was just wondering who you were dealing with, as you never know week to week what the story is or who's in charge over there. I think you'll agree if I ran my business like that, I'd be on welfare.
   And finally, I know you guys in here are all friends and are tight, and that's cool, but what happened with the rider from Torri Racing? My wife, kid, and parents were watching, and said there was a "ruckus" with someone and their rider. I am not trying to start s@*t, I was just wondering. I don't personally know the rider, but I deal with Torri Racing alot, and have found them to be laid back, honest guys. 
   Oh crap, sorry for 20 freakin' pages...         
    I heard about your crash. I think that was an off week so I wasn't there but all I was told was that you broke some ribs, sorry to hear about all the other injuries...must have been wild to see. I have seen you run the beginner class before your crash so now I can put a bike to a screen name Grin.
 Now to answer your questions...first some background...back in January there were two quads coming to the track, myself and another flattrack rider who were both displaced when another track closed. We met with Tim Kelty (the Ocala mgr) and told him we thought we could make the turnout grow. In 2005 Ocala saw at most 10 quads show on any given week, so they never had classes or rules, it was purely "run what you brung". Now there are about 30. As the turnout grew at Ocala Tim asked me and three others to set some guidelines and act as intermediaries between the track and the riders. We borrowed some rules from other racing sanctions and then tailored those to Ocala. As far as a "youth" class...if the turnout warrants another class, Ocala will create one. Unless it has changed, they want at least three entries to have another class. Actually, there were plans to split the beginner class anyway because the turnout has been so big, but then last week there were only 7 entered. Typically, the most in any one class should be 10 so that nobody has to start on a third row.
   As fas as the way the track is managed...only in the last few weeks have things improved dramatically. Tim has hired new people for registration and a new flagman and last week a new track prep guy. Racing started at about 7:15 and was done by 10. The intermission was very short compared to races in the past when the old flagger would go have dinner for an hour Huh. The new flagger keeps things moving and he hates waiting so when a class is called to stage the riders better be ready or they will miss their race.
  The ruckus has been settled as far as I know. The two involved had a discussion with Tim Kelty. The issue was about give and take on the track and trying to prevent injuries like what you experienced. Most everyone in here is tight because we have raced with each other week after week for quite a while but everyone I know at the track I have met just by being on this forum or at tracks, first at DC, now at Ocala, soon at Valdosta. So now that we all know who you are feel free to come pull up a chair.   How's that for 20 freakin' pages??
« Last Edit: June 28, 2006, 08:07:51 AM by HillKiller » Logged

WareRacing Engines

5 gal pails 110,112,116
fastrnrik
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #30 on: June 29, 2006, 05:33:25 AM »

Yeah, I agree that Ray is trying hard, and it definately has been getting better out there the past few races. Thanks for the info on the classes, it's cool that someone is trying to make it better. Yeah, we were out there last year too. There were 3 regulars who showed up, and if 8 or 10 showed up... WOW what a turnout. Ha Ha. 
flagmanthunderbowl

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #31 on: July 01, 2006, 12:42:12 AM »

hey i finally figured this out.... ok let me help every one out in the pro  class on the 24th the 7 bike won the race..then he came out same bike and raced the inter. class he can NOT do that u can go up not down in class.. now i got off the flag stand and waved the checkerd flag at the 8 bike in inter. class. now its my understanding that he to rode both class same quad? if so then i was or should have giving checkered to 3rd place bike.. here is the problem ive already flaged that race u can NOT go back and fix that race once u close the night.. sorry so number 8 bike will get the win.. and i apoligize to any miss understanding.. and yes nobbies r out of time u need slicks now please.. and as far as the rough driving is concerned yes there was. but again do to my mistake in the tower i did not respond do to the fact i guess i was stuck on stupid at the time  Grin.. i will not tolerate it (rough driving) and that gos for all quads or anyone eles at my track... i hope i cleared up some issues. and we, no sorry me  will b coming up with a class brake down very soon.. quads r growing at a fast rate so it has to b fair and fun.. or we all will just watch the pee wees.. ill talk more on the 8th about this at drivers meeting.. good luck to u all flagman RAY
Hoosier Daddy
Southern Flat Track League
Supreme Member

Team WareRacing Member #07

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #32 on: July 01, 2006, 08:35:18 AM »

now i got off the flag stand and waved the checkerd flag at the 8 bike in inter. class. now its my understanding that he to rode both class same quad? if so then i was or should have giving checkered to 3rd place bike.. here is the problem ive already flaged that race u can NOT go back and fix that race once u close the night.. sorry so number 8 bike will get the win..

Dang! well i almost got first!  Roll Eyes    3rd is better than last i guess.. Cry
« Last Edit: July 01, 2006, 08:36:58 AM by Hoosier Daddy » Logged

BLISS Feed, Hay, and Race Fuels Zephyrhills, Fl
"Character is what you have when no one is looking"
1fastltr450
Supreme Member

Super Fast Racer

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #33 on: July 01, 2006, 12:06:20 PM »

Chris, thats the only way you would have gotten first you slow sissy rider. Grin Grin Smiley

Question for the flag man. If a rider is doing desent in a class and wants to  try and move up, you are saying he can only run that class. I agree that if you are getting trophies in the higher class you should not be running the lower class. I am the #8 bike and I have tried the open class a couple of times and have never done well untill on the 24th, so I will be moving up but what about other bikes coming up later. Can they run their normal class and try the new class to see how they can do or can they only come up to the higher class and then next race go back down if they cannot compete.
« Last Edit: July 01, 2006, 09:29:04 PM by 1fastltr450 » Logged

2007 Maximum TT Series Open class Champion

AMA 2007 Winter National Short Track Series Open Class Winner

Hair color helps you win.

www.SouthernFlatTrackLeague.Com

Thanks to my sponsors:
 Krome n Kustomz (K & K Motorsports)
 Mystic Motorsports  (Their only 4-poke)
Swealth

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #34 on: July 01, 2006, 03:19:02 PM »

Gary did u get caught cheatin??? haha lmao Smiley

HillKiller
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #35 on: July 01, 2006, 03:21:30 PM »

Shocked Shocked Shocked

WareRacing Engines

5 gal pails 110,112,116
Hoosier Daddy
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #36 on: July 01, 2006, 09:06:45 PM »

Damn Gary.. no smiley face after you dog me like that.. Undecided
« Last Edit: July 01, 2006, 09:09:14 PM by Hoosier Daddy » Logged

cutngrs
Supreme Member

PUT UP $$$ OR SHUT THE HELL UP

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #37 on: July 01, 2006, 09:19:19 PM »

dang theres  more bs here then at a drag race  Cry j/k Grin

THE ORANGE CRUSH BANSHEE  
WWW.MYBANSHEE/IS/FASTER/THAN/YOURS.COM
IF YOU WANT TO RUN WITH THE BIG DOGS GIVE US A CALL
1fastltr450
Supreme Member

Super Fast Racer

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #38 on: July 01, 2006, 09:29:51 PM »

Damn Gary.. no smiley face after you dog me like that.. Undecided

there you feel better now  Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin

2007 Maximum TT Series Open class Champion

AMA 2007 Winter National Short Track Series Open Class Winner

Hair color helps you win.

www.SouthernFlatTrackLeague.Com

Thanks to my sponsors:
 Krome n Kustomz (K & K Motorsports)
 Mystic Motorsports  (Their only 4-poke)
flagmanthunderbowl

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #39 on: July 01, 2006, 10:41:45 PM »

to all bikes if u start in a lower class and win three race and they DO NOT HAVE TO B CONSECUTIVE u go up a class. u can not go down a class unless its between inter. and rookie but when u jump to pro ur stuck in pro thats it no going back... sorry..
Hoosier Daddy
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #40 on: July 02, 2006, 07:43:34 AM »

Gary,
  Yes I do....thanks.. Undecided     smartass Dunno

flagmanthunderbowl

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #41 on: July 04, 2006, 03:29:26 PM »

oh bye the way the price has gone up at thunder bowl sorry there is a new system we r tring so u will pay 7 dollars at gate and then 25 at registration
fastrnrik
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #42 on: July 04, 2006, 06:06:45 PM »

Flag Man: Why the price increase? Don't you know us Ocala boys are po.  Cry Also, what about some kind of deal for the racers that want to race more than one class? And, I keep seeing & hearing about "points races". How does the points system work, and who keeps up with it? I'm not sure, but I thought I heard you saying that there would be an additional, one time, $20.00 to $30.00 fee to be in the points races, with a banquet at the end of the year. Is this something that's trying to get going, already going, or what? Thanks for any info.
Hoosier Daddy
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #43 on: July 05, 2006, 06:02:46 AM »

I have never seen any points as long as I have been racing.
What merits an increase?
New system? explaine...

RIK, i dont think you can race more than one class anymore, if you run open you cant run intermediate,
and if you run intermediate and you race open, you have to stay in the open class...

fastrnrik
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #44 on: July 06, 2006, 05:55:06 AM »

Ok. We went to Thunderbowl and practiced last night, and talked to Ray the flag man for a couple of hours. I asked him several questions, including the ones I asked above, in my earlier post. Here is some of the information I received in no particular order:

* Tim Kelty is no longer affiliated with the track. Ray told us this, and my buddy Rick called Tim and   confirmed it. Ray is the person to talk to regarding the track. He said if you need him, just call the track #. There's another guy, RJ, who claims to be someone important, but the last several times I've been out there he's been holed up in the bar doing nothing. I get the "feeling" he won't be around much longer either.
* The price increase is due to their previous gate/pay system was not working as intended. It seems a few dishonest people have caused the change. Their feeling on the new system is; every one pays $7.00, at the gate, to get on the track property, and then if you're racing, you pay $25.00 for your class at the registration booth.
* There will be no Grudge Racing.   
* Ray stated that he is working on a new class system for the quads, that is more specific to the riders and the different quads.
* Practice is on WEDNESDAYS.
* The "Points" racing is something new that they are also working on doing. Ray said they were trying get a points race series going, with a banquet, prizes, trophies, etc. at the end of the year.

I think that about covers the main points that we talked about. I have to tell you that Ray is a good guy who's really trying to work with us and make things better, and I think if we give him a little time and work with him we'll have a nice place to run.

fastrnrik
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #45 on: July 06, 2006, 05:59:26 AM »

Also, I forgot to mention. Thunderbowl has hired a local Roadbuilder to send a crew to grade the track properly. It will not be done by this Saturdays race, but should be done by the next race out there in two weeks.
Hoosier Daddy
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #46 on: July 06, 2006, 09:31:50 AM »

So now racers pay 7 to get in AND 25 to race?
didnt i used to be racers didnt pay a gate fee and it was 20 to race? or am i going nuts?
So they are raising the prices due to dishonest people, why dont they enforce the rules rather than hurt those who where honest?
« Last Edit: July 06, 2006, 09:43:07 AM by Hoosier Daddy » Logged

fastrnrik
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #47 on: July 06, 2006, 11:09:00 AM »

I agree that there could be other ways to handle this particular situation, and I am going to talk some more to Ray regarding the $$$, etc. Like I said before though, I don't if it is Ray actually making these decisions or just enforcing them if you know what I mean. I will see Ray tonight, so I will talk more at length regarding the money, and maybe offer some suggestions on how to keep everyone honest, and still have the same pricing. Similar to what you said Hoosier. I was just posting what we were told so don't shoot the messenger. LOL.
derek330
Supreme Member

Thanks to all my CREW!!! 2010 champ!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #48 on: July 06, 2006, 11:42:16 AM »

no grudge racing huh?? thats ok... i know the guy at valdosta will let us!! Wink
we will just have to get something going there...as far as the money that is BS!! Sad
 who can afford to pay over 30 dollors to race?? everyone already has to spend all their cash on their bikes.. looks like ocala is going down hill.....oh well..... i have never paid that much to race!! ever!!

2010 SDTA OPEN CLASS CHAMP!
        > Mystic Motorsports<
     The innovators not the imitators!   
     <Performance 2-stroke engines>
     3 TIME open class championship engine
      builder and tuner.
Scott270r

Mystic Motorsports #5

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #49 on: July 06, 2006, 12:10:38 PM »

I don't like the idea of being stuck in the Pro class. If I am on my 330R sure but my 450R or 400EX? There is NO WAY those bikes can compete with my 330R. I should be able to with a lesser machine race the lesser classes.

1998 GFTL Open Pro Champion
2006 SFTL Open Class Champion

......Thanks Derek

Mystic Motorsports - 3 Time Champions....Congratulations Derek on a great 2010 season!!!

http://i114.photobucket.com/albums/n270/scott270r/Race_Mystic.jpg
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Other Florida sites of interest: www.PinballShark.com