Home ATV Florida Forum ATV Florida Where to Ride? ATV Florida Links Advertise

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: WHY I THINK SO MANY PLACES SHUT US OUT  (Read 2742 times)
cheropride
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« on: June 18, 2006, 08:55:33 AM »

I have been resident of fla all my life and the one thing that I see and hear the most as to why places get shut down from ATV riders has to be the way some riders disrespect the area.  Lately, I must say that it is getting so much WORSE!!!!  We will have no recourse with anyone if we continue to allow fellow riders destroy and trash the areas that we ride in.  Think about it.  How many times have you gone somewhere say the Holey Lands, and as you pull in and as you leave, what do you see?  You see the trash that the various riders have left behind.  As you ride down some beautiful trail, what do you see, someones beer can/bottle just thrown to the side.  So how can we come back and plead with people, please don't shut us out, we love this place.  Well, if that's how we treat something that we love, then we have NO RIGHT TO BE THERE.  I know it is just a few people, but to those few, STOP TRASHING IT for everyone else.  I read a previous thread were one writes "Under 21 must read", well we also need to take action against others trashing what we love so much.

So the next time you make a trip to go ride, bring some extra trash bags, and perhaps take 15-20 minutes pick up the area around you.  And when you leave, take your trash w/you.  How do you think others look upon us when we leave so much trash around.  And lately, it has been really bad.  We should always leave a place the way it was orginally - clean.  It's not fair to everyone else and sure is not fair to the wildlife.  These places that we all ride is all we have left, we must respect and take care of!  There is more trash left behind by riders in the places than any city street I have ever seen.  What do you think, that someone will just come and pick up your mess!!!!  No - they will just shut us out.  So don't cry the blues when they continue to shut us out, when we did not do anything to help. 

There has to be others out there that feel the same, so all lets do our part to KEEP IT CLEAN!!!! 

« Last Edit: June 18, 2006, 08:57:20 AM by cheropride » Logged

Kawi-360 4WD/Camo
Honda 400
Polaris Ranger 700XP
lswjth2
Supreme Member

Finally, ATVFlorida.com is here!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: June 18, 2006, 09:03:08 AM »

I totally agree with you. We have to do a much better job at policing ourselves. Supplies in, trash out.
Have cleanup rides, go to the rangers that patrol the areas where you ride and ask them if there's a certain trail or area that they would like cleaned up and maintained, and next ime you see a fellow rider throwing trash , have a polite talk with them, if that does not work, take down their tag,and let law enforcement for the area know who did it...
gatorjohn

« Reply #2 on: June 18, 2006, 09:33:37 AM »

I for one, find it disturbing that so many leave their trash behind. How long does it take to put the item you just consumed back where you got it instead of on the ground?
As cheropride said, this should be mandatory reading for everyone. Hopefully we might at least shame a few more people into cleaning up the riding areas we use (or they will slowly dissapear) Cry.
eldiablo64
Supreme Member

Finally! ATVFlorida.com is here!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: June 18, 2006, 09:37:47 AM »

I agree me and my son went to onf about a month ago.we paked by the power lines and when i got out of the truck I could not believe it.there were water bottles,gatorade bottles,beer and soda cans all over the place.so i started picking them up.my son says what are you doin dad .I said picking this trash up.I said son this is the number one reason riding places get shut down.so he started helping me .well we got everything within about 40 feet of the truck.then went riding we get out on some trails and there was trash all along the trails to.mainly water bottles.I could not believe it this is A NATIONAL FOREST.and this is how people treat it.heres a couple tips when riding.1.buy a hydrant pack for drinking they are cheap at walmart in the bicycle section.and you dont have to carry bottles of water with you.2.If you smoke like me and my son carry a squre of aluminum foil with you put the cigarette out in the dirt then put the butt in the foil and fold it up and i put it in the little tool box on my quad.I'm there to ride and have a good time not trash it or burn it down.

TAKE IT OUT AND PLAY WITH IT     AT THE  FLORIDAMOTOPLEX.com
tileman

Work Hard but Play Harder

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: June 18, 2006, 03:00:42 PM »

I agree it makes me sick to think that people are that lazy that they can't pick up after themselves. I always wonder are they that lazy at home. My sons Cub scout has a motto in the woods "leave no trace" and we carry that out whether we are riding, driving in the truck or hiking with the cub scouts

02 Chevy 2500 HD 4x4
06 Raptor 350
06 Suzuki 250 LTZ
(2)05 Yamoto 110
MachineDog
Supreme Member

Ride Red!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: June 18, 2006, 03:44:14 PM »

I'm happy to have seen it without alot of the trash thanks to the last clean-up ride. There needs to be like a gigantic sign as you drive into holeylands that says "Don't leave trash if you still want to ride here." We should all chip in and find out if we're allowed to put such a sign up.

http://img284.imageshack.us/img284/4291/p517000123ek.jpg
06 Rancher 350 4x4 - K&N, 1.5" Snorkel, 26" Mudbugs.
Spot Reserved for Big Bore.
http://www.flickr.com/photos/machinedogtag/ - Click to see our pics.
cheropride
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: June 18, 2006, 10:00:17 PM »

I agree, perhaps even try to schedule a clean up day or something.  I have not been out there in awhile, but I heard it is getting really bad.  But the sign is an awesome idea.

Kawi-360 4WD/Camo
Honda 400
Polaris Ranger 700XP
americanhighlander
Supreme Member

I love boating and fourwheeling,salt water fishing

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: June 18, 2006, 10:44:02 PM »

I agree, with you what you're saying about we need to clean up our own trash we need to realize ourselves how riding areas are hard to find in this world..

Well guys I think the sign is a great idea to start with a good concept to start with
you should make it alot  huger and bigger better well detail and have them display all over the holy lands areas and sign should say: please keep our riding areas clean and if you do not follow rules you will make our four wheelers extinction for the rest of our lives, in the near future please keep trash out of the holy lands riding areas..  Thank you, sponsored you by, ATV Florida.com .

Have some your ideas on here with other similar proto-type signs with good words please post them on here..

Thank you,
amhighlander  Cool
« Last Edit: June 18, 2006, 10:49:26 PM by americanhighlander » Logged

http://widget.slide.com/rdr/1/1/3/W/10000000bb75877/1/320/C3zfUOyy7z9lkQxLVEpqAid4fox1Ohlr.jpg(I always say:Ride Harder Let Your freedom Go!!)
I'm a goat farmer live on 8acrefarmlivingwith my parents.http://www.youtube.com/foxman362
foreman1

Finally! ATVFlorida.com is here!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: June 18, 2006, 11:37:30 PM »

Glad this topic is on the forum and needs to be brought up more frequently.
I hate to say  it but most areas are lookin bad .
 I stopped by Macks today on Krome ave to check on the water level at the airboat ramp on the south side of the hill where every body parks.
We'll were do i start ?
For starters  there thousands of pallet nails due to all the retards who  burn pallets in the middle of where one drives/parks. There are countless broken beer bottles and trash everywhere which some of it is due to people fishing and leaving all there water bottles and other trash as well.

The airboat ramp is useles ,you'll get a flat tire before you unload the boat and if you were to slip and fall you're going need stiches from all the broken glass or a shot due to all the nails.If thats not bad enough you have the occasional truck the gets its paint job ruined due to  some one sliding and slingin rocks. I remember a fairly new f250 that had its paint job ruined due to that.

I feel for all the good folks that ride but damn the idiots who ruin for everybody else.
I could careless if this area where to be shut down , i almost hope they do.

Angry
« Last Edit: June 18, 2006, 11:45:23 PM by foreman1 » Logged

NRA BENEFACTOR LIFE

WarRifles.com
Live Free or Die
"When there is no way out - Find a way further in."
Continental E-185
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Other Florida sites of interest: www.PinballShark.com