Home ATV Florida Forum ATV Florida Where to Ride? ATV Florida Links Advertise

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: what to buy sport or utility  (Read 3402 times)
stonny9

View Profile

Ignore
« on: June 17, 2006, 11:48:51 PM »

I am looking to get a quad and like sporty vehicles but also like mudding and going to holey lands(been there a few time on my sisters 4x4).  Would it be a wise decision for me to get a sport quad such as the Polaris Outlaw or Yamaha Raptor 700.  Or should I go with a 500 cvt 4x4.  I would be riding in the holey lands 95% of the time.  I have only ridden there a few times in the last 3 weeks.  I have have had plenty of riding experience in the mountains on 4x4's.

Edit:  I am lookin to spend $7000 or less.  If I go with a utility it would probably be a 500 cvt 4x4 and either an Artic Cat or Polaris  but leaning towards the artic cat as the polaris has plastic racks but I would also like to get efi what a delima(sp?). 
« Last Edit: June 18, 2006, 10:58:56 AM by stonny9 » Logged

Sold
2005 Brute Force 750 IRS w/mud bitches

2006 Sportsman 500 EFI w/mud bitches
AintSkeered
Contributing Member Plus
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: June 18, 2006, 07:59:38 AM »

GO Outlander 800 or 659 or Honda Rubicon 650 or Grizzly 660, in that order.

2015 Can-Am Outlander XT-P by Perry Performance Group
Southern4x4
Supreme Member

Turn off them blinkers to save blinker fluid.

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: June 18, 2006, 08:48:11 AM »

yeah a rubicon would be good or i cant belive im saying this but maybe a yamaha wolverine.Any way their both good bikes

[><]Southern by the grace of God[><]
SWAMP_DONKEY

« Reply #3 on: June 18, 2006, 09:18:23 AM »

Get the KING there is hardley a better bike out there (the best of both worlds ) for the money

7400.00 otd (out the door)  fast, fun, great ride and it will go anyplace!!!!

[attachment deleted by admin]
TRX450R_Racer
Retired Racer
Supreme Member

**** Frank **** **FF&J Racing**

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: June 18, 2006, 09:18:31 AM »

Maybe try the new CanAm 800. It is a sport utility. Also the new Wolverine is sporty. Sport quads aren't good for mudding. You will jusr tear it up.

Member of South East Florida Trail Riders

Life's to short, wear a helmet.
Dress for the crash, not for the ride.
Ripped off by Brandon George.
gatorjohn

« Reply #5 on: June 18, 2006, 09:23:32 AM »

Get the KING there is hardley a better bike out there (the best of both worlds ) for the money

7400.00 otd (out the door)  fast, fun, great ride and it will go anyplace!!!!

Less than that at ARS powersports in Okeechobee and the KING is the way to go.
AintSkeered
Contributing Member Plus
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: June 18, 2006, 01:57:33 PM »

Specifically, what makes the King, King, other than the price? Not knocking it, but, inquiring minds gotta know. 

2015 Can-Am Outlander XT-P by Perry Performance Group
fastrnrik
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: June 18, 2006, 02:05:55 PM »

Kings are clown shoes. Buy a Brute Force.
SWAMP_DONKEY

« Reply #8 on: June 18, 2006, 04:12:22 PM »

Specifically, what makes the King, King, other than the price? Not knocking it, but, inquiring minds gotta know. 

The King up till the BRP 800 has been the best handling best all around performance bike on the market. No it is not a drag racer and the Brute force will blow its doors off in stock form straight line racing, but the total package the KING has it!!!!!

[attachment deleted by admin]
FishaHallic
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: June 18, 2006, 07:47:24 PM »

I had an 06 King on order at ARS but I just couldn't wait for it to come in, I was waiting for like 2 months for a black one to show up.  So I got a Raptor instead.  The King has Independent rear suspension, fuel injected, and a full locking differential, I don't think you could go wrong with a King.  Good luck
LordReed

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: June 18, 2006, 08:03:46 PM »

I did the same thing I have 3 quads I was lookin over after I sold my 02 Scrambler.  First was the Kawi KFX700, second was the King and third was the 06 Scrambler.  My favorite riding is technical (hills, off road/trails, etc) so theKawi was out...I figured I might need 4wd as I had in the past.  Then I was just down to the King and the Scrambler.  The King looked like a real nice quad but it didnt *look* the part of what I wanted to ride.  In almost 5 years I didnt have a single problem with the Scrambler so back to Polaris I went.  Picked up the 06 scrambler for $6400 otd...Had I not been so anxious to ride that weekend I could possibly have held out for a better price but I dunno.  At any rate, break in period is over, skid plates are on and it's perfect for my style of riding =)

Good luck in your search

How do you take your trails?......Scrambled!
'06 Scrambler 500
sweetrider215

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: June 18, 2006, 08:45:39 PM »

well idf u want sometin sport but 4wd deffinatly go with the yamaha wolverine 4wd  i have the 06wolverine 350 2wd drive and it does just fine on anything i go to underhills in stuart witch has mud, water, and trails and she does just fine no problems only got stuck once in some about 3 inches really thick mud it was really thick but idk i like the wolverine its a great bike  but if u want a utility go with a honda forman they are getting ready to unleash a honda foreman 700 its really nice  so just my suggestions

yamaha big bear 400 oc 4wd 05
 mud gear tires
 winch
 cargobox/seet
yamaha pw 80cc 07
yamaha wolverine 350 06
Chevy Silverado 1500 07
Kawa3
Supreme Member

Straight Up

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: June 18, 2006, 10:24:29 PM »

I would go with an AC 500 out of the choices you posted but would go with the manuel over the auto espically if you want to upsize in tires. The AC 500s are proven espically the manuel. Also Arctic Cat(AC) puts out a 700efi also(same exact engine as the king quad). I love arctic cats and actually thinking about buying another one and it would either be the 500man or the  07 650h1 TRV.

Any questions about arctic cat just about anyone can answer on www.arcticchat.com

2010 Polaris Ranger Crew on 29.5 Outlaws.

2007 Arctic Cat 650 H1

2005 Arctic Cat 650 V2

2004 Kawasaki Prairie 700
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Other Florida sites of interest: www.PinballShark.com