Home ATV Florida Forum ATV Florida Where to Ride? ATV Florida Links Advertise

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: 21 AND UNDER MUST READ  (Read 1611 times)
lswjth2
Supreme Member

Finally, ATVFlorida.com is here!

View Profile

Ignore
« on: June 17, 2006, 07:16:43 PM »

Today I find myself with a heavy heart having to write to you young'ems. I am 42 years old and if I die today I will die considering myself the luckiest man that ever walked the planet. No, I dont have a lot of money, but i have  great family and i did the THINGS THAT I WANTED AND ENJOYED DOING. Today, we are under constant attack from all angles when it comes to us doing what we enjoy, and in this case it's riding our ATV's. Everytime an area gets closed,it's closed FOREVER,not just for you today, but for YOUR KIDS TOMMORROW. I look through this website everyday and i see people posting articles about their new tires or pipe or how fast and so on, and i think that's great. However, if YOU, THE FUTURE OF TOMMORROW do not get involved in writing, calling, e-mailing, attending meetings and so on when it comes to your sport, you will not have a sport tommorrow. I was young once when the rainbows where black and white and I too did not worry about these issues, my friends did. Today, my friends are retired or hunting up with the Lord in a better place, so i guess now it's my turn. Please read this and give it some thought. This is a fork on the road, you can take the easy way out and life is good, or you can take  the hard road and take a stand and fight for what you believe.

At the end of the day, I will one day die when it's my turn, but i want to die fighting.....

Rick Varela
Dr.Dirt
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: June 19, 2006, 01:39:29 AM »

Great post. You are right, alot of us kids don't do anything to help out with saving riding areas, we just expect them to be around forever, and the truth is, without fighting they wont be around much longer at all. If I can, I will help, but not having my liscense restricts me from doing much.
lswjth2
Supreme Member

Finally, ATVFlorida.com is here!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: June 19, 2006, 07:32:18 AM »

Thank you. I understand that alot of you dont have drivers license or your parents have busy schedules, but you have a computer, a phone , and paper and a pen. If you hear of a meeting somehere and you think you cant make it, ask around to see if someone you and YOUR PARENTS KNOW can give you a ride. Tell other riders about the issues that are important to you, get involved in areas outside the one you ride. In the end, it affects us all. Here's something you can do today to get involved and help. E-mail these commissioners and tell them not to accept any proposal unless the land becomes COUNTY LAND. If you need more than that, shoot me a PM with a phone # and i will call you back. Thank you again. By laying a brick at a time, we will build a building...

Frank Halas
District 2
Email: FrankHalas@colliergov.net
2006 Chairman
Web: http://www.FrankHalas.com

Satellite Office
Headquarters Library
2385 Orange Blossom Drive
Naples, FL 34109
Phone: (239) 774-8097

Commissioner Frank Halas

Jim Coletta
District 5
Email: JimColetta@colliergov.net
2006 Vice Chairman

Satellite Office
Immokalee
310 Aluchua Street
Immokalee, FL 34142

Commissioner Jim Coletta

Fred W. Coyle
District 4
Email: FredCoyle@colliergov.net

Commissioner Fred W. Coyle

Donna Fiala
District 1
Email: DonnaFiala@colliergov.net

Satellite Office
Tax Collector's Office
1040 Winterberry Drive
Marco Island, FL 34145

Commissioner Donna Fiala

Tom Henning
District 3
Email: TomHenning@colliergov.net
MadMudder
Supreme Member

Semper Fi

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: June 19, 2006, 08:51:47 PM »

He's right! If we dont start doing something now then tomorrow it will not be there. And I like the brick laying thing. Face it, we aren't gonna get everything accomplished at one time. But bring a trash bag with you and if you see trash pick it up. That and spreading the word is how I help. Because some higher ups in the government arent going to care about a bunch of rednecks and their atv's. But if someone on thier level with some pull see's that we are cleaning up and doing stuff and caring about the environment then we may get something done. So lets do what we can and build up. BTW you probably should have put this in the kids section. Mabye copy paste or something? Thanks.

2013 BF650i 4x4
Stock; for now..
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Other Florida sites of interest: www.PinballShark.com