Home ATV Florida Forum ATV Florida Where to Ride? ATV Florida Links Advertise

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Does God exist? This thread is not meant to be a debate!  (Read 75822 times)
tony pitts
Supreme Member

Life's short, ride hard.

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #175 on: June 30, 2006, 06:11:25 PM »

well said trx9 sounds like I will stay right here. so I can enjoy my life the way I want to live it . besides I have already been there its called the villages. no fun there, unless they would turn us loose on all there golf courses

Chuck_Norris

« Reply #176 on: July 01, 2006, 11:40:04 AM »

I was just thinking of this and I thought I'd pass the thought on to you all. If there is such thing as heaven and hell, which I don't believe in fary tails though but here it goes anyway. Which would your rather go to after death. Heaven as you guys preach it would be pretty lame here's the things you couldn't do: DRINK ALCOHOL, SMOKE, CURSING, MASTURBATING, BJ'S, SEX, NO ROCK-N-ROLL, RAP, NO LOUD NOSES, NO MOTOR CYCLES, ATV'S, FARTING, BEING MEAN WHEN NEEDED, BASICALLY NO T.V., DANCING UNLESS IT'S OLD FART DANCING, NO JUNK FOOD, DIRTY THOUGHTS, ETC.        Hell: the opposite of heaven, one big party Toast               Now honestly were would would you rather go! Be honest guys.

being cast into a lake of fire sounds like a real fun time to me.  Bang Head Dunno Thumbs Down
Ida_Mann
Supreme Member

Location: There may be times when we are powerless to prevent injustice, but there must never be a time when we fail to protest.

I own and wear a purple sombrero

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #177 on: July 03, 2006, 03:47:26 PM »

I was just thinking of this and I thought I'd pass the thought on to you all. If there is such thing as heaven and hell, which I don't believe in fary tails though but here it goes anyway. Which would your rather go to after death. Heaven as you guys preach it would be pretty lame here's the things you couldn't do: DRINK ALCOHOL, SMOKE, CURSING, MASTURBATING, BJ'S, SEX, NO ROCK-N-ROLL, RAP, NO LOUD NOSES, NO MOTOR CYCLES, ATV'S, FARTING, BEING MEAN WHEN NEEDED, BASICALLY NO T.V., DANCING UNLESS IT'S OLD FART DANCING, NO JUNK FOOD, DIRTY THOUGHTS, ETC.        Hell: the opposite of heaven, one big party Toast               Now honestly were would you rather go! Be honest guys.

wow.

Id@

Id@ M@nn

www.facebook.com/IdaShotMe
'99 Honda 400EX ATP'd (quietly making noise)
'02 Honda Foreman Rubicon
'00 Honda TRX90
8 X 20 Enclosed hauler/camper
"Show me a smooth operation and I'll show you someone who is hiding mistakes, real boats rock."
BUNKBLASTER

PSALM 116:1

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #178 on: July 03, 2006, 05:18:47 PM »

I was just thinking of this and I thought I'd pass the thought on to you all. If there is such thing as heaven and hell, which I don't believe in fary tails though but here it goes anyway. Which would your rather go to after death. Heaven as you guys preach it would be pretty lame here's the things you couldn't do: DRINK ALCOHOL, SMOKE, CURSING, MASTURBATING, BJ'S, SEX, NO ROCK-N-ROLL, RAP, NO LOUD NOSES, NO MOTOR CYCLES, ATV'S, FARTING, BEING MEAN WHEN NEEDED, BASICALLY NO T.V., DANCING UNLESS IT'S OLD FART DANCING, NO JUNK FOOD, DIRTY THOUGHTS, ETC.        Hell: the opposite of heaven, one big party Toast               Now honestly were would you rather go! Be honest guys.
THERE WAS A RICH MAN WHO DRESSED IN FINE CLOTHES AND LIVED IN LUXURY EVERYDAY.AT HIS GATE WAS LAID A BEGGAR NAMED LAZARUS,COVERD WITH SORES AND LONGING TO EAT WHAT FELL FROM THE RICH MANS TABLE.EVEN THE DOGS CAME AND LICKED HIS SORES.THE TIME CAME WHEN THE POOR MAN DIED AND THE ANGELS CARRIED HIM TO ABRAHAMS SIDE.THE RICH MAN ALSO DIED AND WAS BURIED.IN HELL WHERE HE WAS IN TORMENT,HE LOOKED UP AND SAW ABRAHAM FAR AWAY,WITH LAZARUS BY HIS SIDE.SO HE CALLED TO HIM FATHER ABRAHAM,HAVE PITY ON ME AND SEND LAZARUS TO DIP THE TIP OF HIS FINGER IN WATER TO COOL MY TONGUE,BECAUSE I AM IN AGONY IN THIS FIRE.BUT ABRAHAM REPLIED SON REMEMBER IN YOUR LIFETIME YOU RECIEVED YOUR GOOD THINGS,WHILE LAZARUS RECIEVED BAD THINGS.BUT NOW HE IS COMFORTED HERE WHILE YOU ARE IN AGONY.AND BESIDES ALL THIS,BETWEEN US AND YOU THERE IS A GREAT CHASM HAS BEEN FIXED,SO THAT THOSE THAT WANT TO GO FROM HERE TO YOU CANNOT,NOR CAN ANYONE CROSS OVER FROM THERE TO US.HE ANSWERED THEN I BEG YOU FATHER SEND LAZARUS TO MY FATHERS HOUSE FOR I HAVE FIVE BROTHERS,LET HIM WARN THEM,SO THAT THEY WILL NOT COME TO THIS PLACE OF TORMENT.ABRAHAM REPLIED,THEY HAVE MOSES AND THE PROPHETS;LET THEM LISTEN TO THEM.NO FATHER ABRAHAM HE SAID,BUT IF SOMEONE FROM THE DEAD GOES TO THEM, THEY WILL REPENT.HE SAID TO HIM IF THEY DO NOT LISTEN TO THE PREACHING OF MOSES AND THE PROPHETS,THEY WILL NOT BE CONVINCED EVEN IF SOMEONE RISES FROM THE DEAD.(LUKE 16:19-21) SORRY PAL NO PARTY IN HELL.

1992 BLASTER MINE
2003 Z400MY WIFES
JUST MARRIED AUG,28 2004
BABY GIRL BORN ON MARCH 12 2005 6.5LBS 19"
Chuck_Norris

« Reply #179 on: July 03, 2006, 06:21:31 PM »

Thumbs Up
fastrnrik
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #180 on: July 03, 2006, 06:48:49 PM »

Wow, the thread that never goes away. Kudo's to everyone and their strong beliefs. It makes for interesting reading.
Paul_S
Supreme Member

FloridaMotoplex.com

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #181 on: July 03, 2006, 07:17:18 PM »

I have a question.  Imagine someone that was an honest person that gives far more than they take, they don't lie, steal and are kind to all animals ("gods creatures?").

I am correct in saying that if they were never exposed to brainwashing as a child, so have no belief or disbelief in anything - that they are headed to hell, while so called christians, even those that spend saturday sitting hidden in a tree waiting to blast the head off a deer (one of "gods creatures") but go to church every sunday on their way to Denny's is going to go to heaven.

If that is true, I am sorry but it is laughable.

« Last Edit: July 04, 2006, 08:23:02 AM by Paul_S » Logged
tony pitts
Supreme Member

Life's short, ride hard.

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #182 on: July 03, 2006, 07:27:46 PM »

according to churches, and I dont care what kind or religion it is. if you dont follow there rules your going to hell. its called a scare tactic. if heaven is such a better place to be what are you still doing here. and why would the pope need bullet proof glass around him.. because if he is afraid to die were screwed.

trx#9
Supreme Member

Manager at Seaman's Sausage House and Adult Movies

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #183 on: July 03, 2006, 08:57:36 PM »

according to churches, and I dont care what kind or religion it is. if you dont follow there rules your going to hell. its called a scare tactic. if heaven is such a better place to be what are you still doing here. and why would the pope need bullet proof glass around him.. because if he is afraid to die were screwed.
Thats what I was trying to say tony, but I use a scare tactic of my own. I apologize people

"A SPECIAL THANKS TO MY SPONSORS"
Big Knob racing!, NewMembers Mom!
 Sacks Gloryhole at the Little Bar!
Qawd32 Colon massage inc.!
Fuzzy Pickle race team!
tony pitts
Supreme Member

Life's short, ride hard.

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #184 on: July 03, 2006, 11:40:29 PM »

Hey BunkBuster

1992 BLASTER MINE
2003 Z400MY WIFES
JUST MARRIED AUG,28 2004

Aug 28 - March 12 (Doesn't look like 9 months to me).... You still going to heaven?   Wink

FishaHallic
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #185 on: July 04, 2006, 12:16:02 AM »

Good catch!
Chuck_Norris

« Reply #186 on: July 04, 2006, 12:29:46 AM »

One of the classic problems that people bring up is: How can a God of love send anybody to Hell? Well, there are several answers to that.
One of course is that God doesn't send anyone to Hell. You send yourself there. God has done everything He possibly can to keep you out of Hell and still leave you as a person with free will and not just a robot. That's the way He made us--after His image, after His likeness, the power to say "yes" or the power to say "no," the power to reject our own Creator, and of course to take the consequences.

In one sense you can say He doesn't send anybody to Hell, because across the road to Hell he has placed the cross of Christ. There are also the prayers of parents, pastors and Sunday school teachers, and all the other things that God brings into our lives to stop us on our selfish way and to bring us to the Savior. We have to go wandering on past it all and put ourselves in Hell.

Sometimes you hear people say, "God wouldn't send His children to Hell." God certainly doesn't send His children to Hell because when we're His children we're in the family of God. We're born again and part of our salvation includes deliverance from judgment. We're not all children of God except through faith in Christ Jesus.

Can a God of love send anyone to Hell? You might as well ask some other question to make just as much sense. Does God allow disease in the world? Does God allow jails and prisons for some people? Does God allow the electric chair sometimes? Does God allow sin to break homes and hearts? Does God allow war? All of these things are the consequences of sin entering into the world, and in some cases the direct result of man's rebellion, and the result of greed and pride and egotism and hunger for power that doesn't have any use for people--only the desire to get ahead.

This is the incredible fruit of sin. Sin brings suffering into the world. There's no way of getting around it. And the greatest sin in the world is to reject the Lord Jesus Christ as Savior.

We have our catalog of sins. We have rape and incest and murder; and we have them all cataloged and classified--but there isn't one of them (or even put them all together in one big hunk) that comes close to the sin of keeping Jesus Christ out of your life. Did Jesus say, "I'm going to send the Holy Spirit to convict the world of sin because they rob banks"-- or, "because they believe not on me"?

It is folly to expect that you or I can trifle with the Lord Jesus and not have a penalty attached to it. What ridiculous thinking people have in this area! We expect penalties for doing much less. Life is just built that way.

You jump off a high building, the law of gravity will take care of you. You might say, "God is love," all the way down, but you're still going to get splattered when you hit the bottom! You break the law of gravity, and it breaks you! You may love your little child, but if he puts his finger up on that hot burner on the gas stove or the electric stove, he's going to get burned!

Fire burns. Gravity kills. Water drowns. And you can say, "God is love, God is love, God is love," until you're blue in the face. But water will still drown you, fire will burn you, and gravity will kill you, and sin will damn you no matter how much you say about a loving God.

God just set up life that way. He set up the rules. He set up the laws by which we are to live. And if we break those laws, they break us, and we pay the consequences.

BUNKBLASTER

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #187 on: July 04, 2006, 12:37:27 AM »

Hey BunkBuster

1992 BLASTER MINE
2003 Z400MY WIFES
JUST MARRIED AUG,28 2004

Aug 28 - March 12 (Doesn't look like 9 months to me).... You still going to heaven?   Wink

ACTUALLY MY WIFE AND I WERE NOT MARRIED WHEN SHE GOT PREGNANT WE LIVED TOGETHER FOR ALMOST TEN YEARS AND YES WE DID HAVE SEX AND THAT IS A SIN ACCORDING TO THE BIBLE THATS WHEN I REALIZED THAT I WAS DOING THIS THING WE CALL LIFE WRONG AND WAS IN MUCH NEED OF A SAVIOR I ACCEPTED JESUS INTO MY HEART AND HAVE BEEN BLESSED EVER SINCE.THE BIBLE SAYES THAT ALL HAVE SINNED AND FALL SHORT OF GODS GLORY (ROMANS 3:23)THAT INCLUDES ME. LIVING WITH MY GIRLFRIEND IS ONLY ONE OF THE MANY SINS I HAVE COMMITED BUT THE BIBLE TELLS ME THAT GODS GRACE IS GREATER THAN SIN(ROMANS 5:20)THERE IS NOT ENOUGH GOOD IN ME OR ANYONE THAT WOULD GRANT ME OR ANYONE ENTRANCE TO HEAVEN IT'S ALL ABOUT HIM AND WHAT HE HAS DONE THAT'S WHY CHRIST DIED A BRUTAL DEATH FOR THE FOR FORGIVNESS OF SINS.BUT GOD DEMONSTRATES HIS OWN LOVE FOR US IN THIS:WHILE WE WERE STILL YET SINNERS ,CHRIST DIED FOR US.(ROMANS 5:Cool

1992 BLASTER MINE
2003 Z400MY WIFES
JUST MARRIED AUG,28 2004
tony pitts
Supreme Member

Life's short, ride hard.

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #188 on: July 04, 2006, 12:39:09 AM »

In response to all of those who believe in their version of religion, here is an alternate theory of what really happened:

Let us remember that there are multiple theories of Intelligent Design. I and many others around the world are of the strong belief that the universe was created by a Flying Spaghetti Monster. It was He who created all that we see and all that we feel. We feel strongly that the overwhelming scientific evidence pointing towards evolutionary processes is nothing but a coincidence, put in place by Him.

<text snipped>

Some find that hard to believe, so it may be helpful to tell you a little more about our beliefs. We have evidence that a Flying Spaghetti Monster created the universe. None of us, of course, were around to see it, but we have written accounts of it. We have several lengthy volumes explaining all details of His power. Also, you may be surprised to hear that there are over 10 million of us, and growing. We tend to be very secretive, as many people claim our beliefs are not substantiated by observable evidence. What these people don’t understand is that He built the world to make us think the earth is older than it really is. For example, a scientist may perform a carbon-dating process on an artifact. He finds that approximately 75% of the Carbon-14 has decayed by electron emission to Nitrogen-14, and infers that this artifact is approximately 10,000 years old, as the half-life of Carbon-14 appears to be 5,730 years. But what our scientist does not realize is that every time he makes a measurement, the Flying Spaghetti Monster is there changing the results with His Noodly Appendage. We have numerous texts that describe in detail how this can be possible and the reasons why He does this. He is of course invisible and can pass through normal matter with ease.

See the full text here http://www.venganza.org

All hail the Noodly Appendage  Grin

Chuck_Norris

« Reply #189 on: July 04, 2006, 12:39:18 AM »

Hey BunkBuster

1992 BLASTER MINE
2003 Z400MY WIFES
JUST MARRIED AUG,28 2004

Ok I get it just because we are of Christian Faith we have to be perfect. I Gotcha... sorry to disappoint ya but that aint true. take a look back at a few posts realize and understand the concept of Mercy and Grace. If your not willing to look into those 2 things it is senseless to continue the personal attacks for nothing more than personal gain trying to make yourself look or feel better.
tony pitts
Supreme Member

Life's short, ride hard.

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #190 on: July 04, 2006, 12:44:11 AM »

i'm not attacking anybody.. i just thought it was amusing. Wink you seriously need to lighten up.. get laid, get stoned, something. please.

Chuck_Norris

« Reply #191 on: July 04, 2006, 12:57:32 AM »

i'm not attacking anybody.. i just thought it was amusing. Wink you seriously need to lighten up.. get laid, get stoned, something. please.

That is the thing about type and text you just cant get the emotions quite right. honestly brother I am one of the most layed back down to earth guys you will ever know. Hopfully like others  I have ridden with from this site  can attest. When given the chance and we'll ride. Or I can just make fun of you for not believing. Wink
« Last Edit: July 04, 2006, 12:59:31 AM by Chuck_Norris » Logged
BUNKBLASTER

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #192 on: July 04, 2006, 01:03:16 AM »

Hey BunkBuster

1992 BLASTER MINE
2003 Z400MY WIFES
JUST MARRIED AUG,28 2004

Ok I get it just because we are of Christian Faith we have to be perfect. I Gotcha... sorry to disappoint ya but that aint true. take a look back at a few posts realize and understand the concept of Mercy and Grace. If your not willing to look into those 2 things it is senseless to continue the personal attacks for nothing more than personal gain trying to make yourself look or feel better.
the basics of christianity are grace,mercy,and peace.grace is getting what we don't deserve,and mercy is not getting what we do deserve,and peace.the world defines peace as the absence of conflict. any nation not at war is said to be at peace.god's peace is much more than that;it's a deep-seated sense that all is well in life because everything falls under the perfect control of our gracious and merciful god.

1992 BLASTER MINE
2003 Z400MY WIFES
JUST MARRIED AUG,28 2004
BUNKBLASTER

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #193 on: July 04, 2006, 01:08:29 AM »

That is the thing about type and text you just cant get the emotions quite right. honestly brother I am one of the most layed back down to earth guys you will ever know. Hopfully like others  I have ridden with from this site  can attest. When given the chance and we'll ride. Or I can just make fun of you for not believing. Wink
same here but i am quadless right now. sold my z400 to miami416ex now known as miamiz400 and the blaster to scratchedupbangedboy.

1992 BLASTER MINE
2003 Z400MY WIFES
JUST MARRIED AUG,28 2004
JayDawg

I am a Christian! Any questions? Just ask!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #194 on: July 04, 2006, 03:08:26 AM »

Has there ever been a reputable scientific study as to wether there is a god?  If so, by whom?  Yes we have the books of the bible that say that there is a god but anyone could have wrote them, I need proof. 

And if this god exist why would this god let millions of people starve to death every year, have thousands of Americans and people world wide suffer the awful affects of cancer and have all these people dying in religious wars?  Why would god have kids born with horrific birth defects to suffer for the rest of their lives, why would there be these huge sunamis that kill over 100,000 people? Are all these people nonbelievers?  Maybe they didn't pray hard enough?  Maybe it's gods will? 

Are you saying that god can create heaven and hell but has no power to stop the suffering of millions of people?   I honestly would like to hear some opinions on this subject.  This thread is not meant to be a debate!

Hey FishaHallic,

I would like to answer your questions for you. I am a pastor for Harvest Fellowship Calvary Chapel in Sterling Colorado. I can see you have some very legitimate questions about God and I will do my best to answer them. I would also like to offer you or anybody else free of charge some books that can answer these questions far better than I ever could. Some of these books do not just use the Bible as it's sorce for facts but they also use scientific proof from archeological finds and scientific discoveries. I will get into those later though.

For your first question on proof of God's existence, well, I was going to do this later but since I went back andre read your questions, I would like to offer and recommend a few books for you. Again if you want, I will send you these books free of charge. The first is called "Evidence that demands a verdict" by Josh McDowell who as I understand it, wrote the book as an atheist trying to disprove the Bible but through his research ended up getting saved. Three more are by Lee Strobel, they are "The case for Christ", "The case for a Creator", and "The case for faith". Last, is a really good book called "I don't have enough faith to be an atheist" by Norman L. Geiser and Frank Turek. I would also liketo add that there is nothing wrong with questioning if God exists. The Bible tells us He has put the desire in every person to seek Him out. He wants us to question are existence and questions who He is because as we search for the truth, we will see the proof of His existence.

Next, your questions were about why God let's so many bad things happen to people. Well, God wants us to love Him and have a relationship with Him. But in order to do that, and to have true love, we must have a free will. That means we can reject Him or choose to love Him. He made it known from day one that mankind was given a free will and that He would never take that away even if that meant we decided to reject Him. He will do His best to persuade us to love Him but He will not force us! Well according to Genesis when Adam decided to sin, all of creation was effected. This is why God hates sin so much. All you see that is bad in the world is because of sin. Again, if God intervened anytime man sinned, God would have essentially lied and sinned Himself when He would effect mans free will. Man was perfect before he sinned but once he fell, he was then under the curse of sin. That means babies would be born with defects, natural disasters would now happen upon the earth, people would kill each other and so on. But God made a way out. He sent Jesus to die for our sinsto pay for them. All a person needs to do is ask to be forgiven and they are. In addition though Once every man has had a chance to choose to accept God or reject Him, and the history of the world has been played out, God will make everything right again and those that have chosen to love God and want a relationship with Him will be with Him for all of eternity where everything will be restored to perfections once again but this time for eternity. Again though, the people that don't want to have a relationship with God will not be made to. God will respect their decision even though He desires that relationship with them. If they reject His plan of salvation and refuse to ask for forgiveness then it is that sin that will send them to hell for all of eternity. But God has made it very clear in the Bible that He does not want any person to go to hell and that is why Jesus died for our sins.

To answer your questions even better, I have the entire Bible preached chapter by chapter and verse by verse on MP3. It is by Pastor Chuck Smith. Just his sermon on Genesis chapter 1 would answer all of your questions. If you would like or anybody else for that matter, I will send the MP3's (8 in all) to anybody free of charge. I know there are a ton of questions you or others may have and I will do my best to answer them. If anybody would like, they can send me a pm either here or over at www.quadsforchrist.net as a pastor, it is my goal to help others understand more about God and prove He does exist. I know the medialikes to portray the pastors who get up on the pulpit and like to make more of a show then a sermon or who like to leave the whole love of God thing out when they preach on sin. I on the otherhand will answer any questions anyone asks in as loving as a manner as I can. I won't sugarcoat my answers or tell you what you want to hear just to make you happy. But I will tell you the truth but be as respectful towards you as I can.

Last, if you look at the complexity of the universe and all of creation including life, it all points towards a Creator. It is hard for us to grasp and understand God's ways but then again, if you look at who God is and all that He is able to do, it will help you understand why we can't fully grasp who He is but one day when we are made perfect and we are with Him, we will be able to understand Him and why everything has happened.

I hope what I have said helps! I will be praying for you and all thathave questions on here. Again, for anybody with questions, please don't hesitate to pm me.
God bless,
Jason

05' YFZ 450
White and Red
Pulse Charger, ESR intake, X Factor pro peg nerf bars, IMS heel guards, Trailtech fat bars, Alba bumper, Noss machine inspection plugs, assorted chrome pieces with more stuff to be added soon in addition to a few other performance parts...
Paul_S
Supreme Member

FloridaMotoplex.com

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #195 on: July 04, 2006, 06:35:43 AM »

For your first question on proof of God's existence, well, I was going to do this later but since I went back andre read your questions, I would like to offer and recommend a few books for you. Again if you want, I will send you these books free of charge. The first is called "Evidence that demands a verdict" by Josh McDowell who as I understand it, wrote the book as an atheist trying to disprove the Bible but through his research ended up getting saved.

Chuck Norris recomended this book to me and I read it. He said the same thing  "who as I understand it, wrote the book as an atheist" he was not what I call an "atheist", try reading the book, he was brought up a christian and had just lost his faith for a while. That is completely different from someone who was not brainwashed as a child and have had no exposure to any religion at all and has never believed in god.

I am sure many of you murder "gods creatures" for fun (we can call it for food - but we all know you murder for fun) so I guess nobody wants to address my point that under your beliefs, that someone, who is legitamately concerned with the welfare of other animals would go to hell and you people who have no respect for "gods creations" are going to heaven because your parents and peers and teachers exposed you to religion at an early age.

So is it correct that nearly everyone else in the world - jews, hindus, muslims and people with no exposure to religion are going to hell - basically all non-christians, no matter how well they have lived their lives are going to hell. While christians, no matter how they live their lives, are going to heaven as long as they ask to be saved?

If all creatures are equal in gods eyes, I would sure love to be standing at the pearly gates when the prayer saying, hymn singing pest control guy tries to explain to Peter why he thought it was ok to spend his life, dedicated to killing as many of "gods creatures" as possible.

I actually believe that if we do get judged by some entity, it would be based on what we do, not what we say, so I figure that a clean living non-believer would have a better shot than most (with some exceptions) of the christians I know or have met.
« Last Edit: July 04, 2006, 08:13:47 AM by Paul_S » Logged
fastrnrik
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #196 on: July 04, 2006, 07:02:49 AM »

So now it's not OK to be a hunter/fisherman AND a Christian? I happen to be both.
I would like to think that the harvest and consumption of animals and/or fish doesn't interfere with my faith. You animal rights people never cease to amaze me with your backwards logic, but I must admit I've never seen the "all God's creatures" approach to animal rights. If you are really dedicated to "God's creatures", I'm sure you use only products that have no animal content. No meat, leather, make up, dog food, soap, and on and on.
I shouldn't give you such a hard time, I too am a member of PETA,

P - People
E - Eating
T - Tasty
A - Animals
 Pig Pig Pig
Now if you'll excuse me, I'm going to have Venison sausage for breakfast. And yes, I waited in a tree and shot it.   Chow   
Paul_S
Supreme Member

FloridaMotoplex.com

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #197 on: July 04, 2006, 08:10:46 AM »

So now it's not OK to be a hunter/fisherman AND a Christian? I happen to be both.
I would like to think that the harvest and consumption of animals and/or fish doesn't interfere with my faith. You animal rights people never cease to amaze me with your backwards logic, but I must admit I've never seen the "all God's creatures" approach to animal rights. If you are really dedicated to "God's creatures", I'm sure you use only products that have no animal content. No meat, leather, make up, dog food, soap, and on and on.
I shouldn't give you such a hard time, I too am a member of PETA,

P - People
E - Eating
T - Tasty
A - Animals
 Pig Pig Pig
Now if you'll excuse me, I'm going to have Venison sausage for breakfast. And yes, I waited in a tree and shot it.   Chow   
Your wrong, I am not one of the "animal rights people".  I never said I was dedicated to anything - why would you say that? I don't care what other people do, I only care about what I do.

I don't sit in a tree all day and blast off a creatures head though because I enjoy murdering things though. That I freely admit too.

It just seems to me, that it is very hypocritical to get pleasure out of killing, but on the other hand call yourself a christian.  I never said anything about harvest and consumption, I refered to people that enjoy killing and do it for fun.

I seriously doubt you are going to eat a venison sausage, perhaps another hunters?.

Listen, you are the one who thinks you are going to be judged, but whatever, if you think it's ok, good luck to you - blast away, I am not the one going to be judging you later, I could care less whether I speak to you or not again.
fastrnrik
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #198 on: July 04, 2006, 08:36:22 AM »

I said that because in your earlier post you expressed a strong feeling torwards the well being of animals, so I assumed you were an "activist". I am also an animal lover and a christian and a hunter. I guess it's kind of hard to wrap your mind around all three being able to coexist. The killing of the animal is not the primary objective to the true hunter. The enjoyment comes from being out in nature, the process of the hunt itself, and like many other sports, spending time with like minded friends and family.
My question to you is what is the difference between "murdering" one deer in the woods and "murdering" 10,000 cattle in one day at a packing house? Murder is murder right? Shot in the head is shot in the head, correct?
If you want some venison sausage, come on by. We're also smoking 2 Venison hams today. Just because we have different opinions doesn't mean I wouldn't welcome you.
And you know you want to speak to me again...  I'm so charming.
Paul_S
Supreme Member

FloridaMotoplex.com

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #199 on: July 04, 2006, 09:16:20 AM »

I said that because in your earlier post you expressed a strong feeling torwards the well being of animals, so I assumed you were an "activist". I am also an animal lover and a christian and a hunter. I guess it's kind of hard to wrap your mind around all three being able to coexist. The killing of the animal is not the primary objective to the true hunter. The enjoyment comes from being out in nature, the process of the hunt itself, and like many other sports, spending time with like minded friends and family.
My question to you is what is the difference between "murdering" one deer in the woods and "murdering" 10,000 cattle in one day at a packing house? Murder is murder right? Shot in the head is shot in the head, correct?
If you want some venison sausage, come on by. We're also smoking 2 Venison hams today. Just because we have different opinions doesn't mean I wouldn't welcome you.
And you know you want to speak to me again...  I'm so charming.
One is for substinance and one is for pleasure. If they are the same in your mind then I doubt anything I say would change that - you just got to hope your god feels more like you do than he/she does like I do. You judge you, your living for eternity in heaven, I judge you....well? Actually I don't know you well enough to judge you, but you get my drift.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Other Florida sites of interest: www.PinballShark.com