Home ATV Florida Forum ATV Florida Where to Ride? ATV Florida Links Advertise

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Does God exist? This thread is not meant to be a debate!  (Read 75830 times)
UncleRico
Supreme Member

"Crazy, Insane?"

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #100 on: June 16, 2006, 12:37:54 PM »

Wow, this is really wierd...I just went out and did some doughnuts in the back yard, to run the gas out of my fuel line, and I swear...

I can see a vision of the virgin marry in the sand patterns that I threw.

It's like perfect, except you can't see her eyes, nose, mouth, or face........but other than that, it looks exactly like her. My gardner, Jose Luis, agrees.

Wierd timing, eh, considering this being such a popular post as of late.

UNLUCKY #13 RACING  "I want to thank my sponsors, Jack Cass Bail Bonds, The Cleveland Steamer Carpet Cleaner Company, The Rusty Trombone Pub, and Dirty Sanchez's Liquor and Check Cashing."
Ida_Mann
Supreme Member

Location: There may be times when we are powerless to prevent injustice, but there must never be a time when we fail to protest.

I own and wear a purple sombrero

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #101 on: June 16, 2006, 12:39:51 PM »

by the way, one definition of "faith" is:

Belief that does not rest on logical proof or material evidence.

I for one do not need logical proof, I have faith.

and sorry for not having any proof for you Fish, like you asked, but there are many times that I have thought in my life that there had to be a massive intelligence behind what I just witnessed as part of "nature".

Id@

Id@ M@nn

www.facebook.com/IdaShotMe
'99 Honda 400EX ATP'd (quietly making noise)
'02 Honda Foreman Rubicon
'00 Honda TRX90
8 X 20 Enclosed hauler/camper
"Show me a smooth operation and I'll show you someone who is hiding mistakes, real boats rock."
Thrasher
Supreme Member

i have a headache...

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #102 on: June 16, 2006, 12:48:49 PM »

The only thing that I have to say for those of you who do not believe that God exist failed the test.  What I mean by that is, just acknowledging the word "God" shows that there is some belief.  

thats a load of horse crap.....just because I say the word doesn't mean I have any shred of belief.....I do not believe, never have and never will....do not tell me what i do or do not believe in.

the unfortunate part of all this, is when i get into these debates with people....it seems I have to defend my choices way, way harder than those who do believe....pretty sad that those who do believe cannot resepect the thoughts of those of us who do not....(as in quit shoving it in my face)

this crap doesnt even  belong on this website....this site is about ATV riding......not preaching or religion....i don't need to be subjected to this crap.

keep yer religion to yourself.

thrasher,TRX450racer,trx9, i read every post and no where did anyone condemn you or anyone else for there beliefs. if you dont like the topic then dont click on it. this is the open discussion section therefore its open for whatever.
those of you that keep complaining about this topic being here have the ability to not read it but you keep clicking on it...........! WHY? let us HOLLY ROLLIN, BIBLE PRAISIN, JESUS FREAKS do what we do and as long as you dont read it IT CAN NOT HURT YOU!  

thrasher, we have been on vacation together and you know what im am like so the above was meant to point out that those that dont want to read it, DONT

it was a general statement and i should have been more clear on that. i had a recent encounter with someone and it left my blood boiling...they could not accept the fact that i am a nonbeliever and felt compelled that they had to try convert me. I am not going to get into the details here...

but again, i have come across many posts on this board where it does get off topic into a jesus/god discussion.....that cannot be denied.  that is what i am referring too when i feel like it's being tossed in my face.....

here a couple of questions:
Why do the believers have a such a hard time with the non-believers in their feelings?
why do i have to be wrong and them right, when actually no one can prove either? (don't tell me because the bible sez so, lots of books say lots of things)
why do they feel they need to try and convert someone whether or not they want to be converted?
in the end...what does it matter to anyone else what I do/do not believe in?

I only ask these questions, because it seems to happen over and over again.

I personally don't care what ones religion is....whatever one wants to do, more power to ya...i ain't gonna stop ya, convert ya or try to tell you that you are wrong or anything like that....

2 x 2003 Polaris Sportsman 600 Twins, w/Warn 3000/2500 winches, k&n filter, handguards, Kimpex Deluxe seat/storage,  Kimpex front box, WayBackRacks fuel rack. Mud Lites, 27" Outlaws, Mud chunks, a lil tin can Cheesy

Out to pis
dreth

« Reply #103 on: June 16, 2006, 01:05:36 PM »

Why do the believers have a such a hard time with the non-believers in their feelings?
why do i have to be wrong and them right, when actually no one can prove either? (don't tell me because the bible sez so, lots of books say lots of things)
why do they feel they need to try and convert someone whether or not they want to be converted?

i dont try to convert anyone! if my lifestyle is appealing to them and they ask, then i will tell, if not then life goes on.
Q #1.  i have no idea
Q#2. thats easy.........we all want to be right
Q#3. they want to try and help a friend get saved. they should stop trying until you show interest or they will just push you away.
Q#4. it doesnt matter to me what you believe in. i will still ride with you and help you in anyway, what better way for me to show GOD that i want to help.

thank you for not attacking me with your reply, as i hope i did not attack you Wink
Thrasher
Supreme Member

i have a headache...

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #104 on: June 16, 2006, 02:03:45 PM »

i dont try to convert anyone! if my lifestyle is appealing to them and they ask, then i will tell, if not then life goes on.
Q #1.  i have no idea
Q#2. thats easy.........we all want to be right
Q#3. they want to try and help a friend get saved. they should stop trying until you show interest or they will just push you away.
Q#4. it doesnt matter to me what you believe in. i will still ride with you and help you in anyway, what better way for me to show GOD that i want to help.

thank you for not attacking me with your reply, as i hope i did not attack you Wink

no attacks at all
.....and i am not pointing the finger at anyone or any one particular instance....it's just general stuff/annoyances...

2 x 2003 Polaris Sportsman 600 Twins, w/Warn 3000/2500 winches, k&n filter, handguards, Kimpex Deluxe seat/storage,  Kimpex front box, WayBackRacks fuel rack. Mud Lites, 27" Outlaws, Mud chunks, a lil tin can Cheesy

Out to pis
bigscrub79
Supreme Member

I'm a Florida Mud Rider!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #105 on: June 16, 2006, 11:29:17 PM »

I think i can answer question 1 for you thrasher, atleast why i have a hard time accepting it. I wish people who didnt believe could feel like i do. Its free and the returns are unbelievable. Now with that being said I do not push my religion on anyone. I have nothing against you not believing I just wish you knew how good it makes things when you do believe.

LIV2RIDE
Supreme Member

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #106 on: June 17, 2006, 09:53:13 AM »

Shocked

GODISNOWHERE

Shocked

Check out  --------------------------> www.quadsforchrist.net
tony pitts
Supreme Member

Life's short, ride hard.

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #107 on: June 17, 2006, 10:30:38 AM »

it is called faith some people need to believe in that there is a better place after this one  after this one let them down. for me i dont believe in any thing i cant see with my own eyes. there are so many arguments out there and so many religions out there without one shread of physical evidence its mind boggling to me so many people can have such strong oppinions with no proof what so ever that any of them exist. but what bothers me the most is these churches making all this non taxable money,tax free property they can set on for years and also if I dont believe in there god and what they tell me that i have to do to go to heaven  or I will burn in hell for not following them.... well I have news for them  I will go where ever I want and when I want to . it kind of reminds of jim jones getting them people to drink the koolaid doesnt it..

FishaHallic
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #108 on: June 17, 2006, 11:23:29 AM »

Thanks for all the replies people, I think we all were very respectful of the others believes.   Thumbs Up
SWAMP_DONKEY

« Reply #109 on: June 17, 2006, 11:48:25 AM »

Thanks for all the replies people, I think we all were very respectful of the others believes.   Thumbs Up

nope i dont like you.....because you have a jon boat and I dont!!!! Wink
bluesman
Supreme Member

03 ds650baja/03kfx 400/ 03kfx 450

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #110 on: June 17, 2006, 11:52:03 AM »

no debate!!!!! yes he does!!!
trx#9
Supreme Member

Manager at Seaman's Sausage House and Adult Movies

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #111 on: June 17, 2006, 05:10:57 PM »

it is called faith some people need to believe in that there is a better place after this one  after this one let them down. for me i dont believe in any thing i cant see with my own eyes. there are so many arguments out there and so many religions out there without one shread of physical evidence its mind boggling to me so many people can have such strong oppinions with no proof what so ever that any of them exist. but what bothers me the most is these churches making all this non taxable money,tax free property they can set on for years and also if I dont believe in there god and what they tell me that i have to do to go to heaven  or I will burn in hell for not following them.... well I have news for them  I will go where ever I want and when I want to . it kind of reminds of jim jones getting them people to drink the koolaid doesnt it..
Well said, If they tax churches there would not be any out of pocket expense for health care for all Americans. That would be nice.

"A SPECIAL THANKS TO MY SPONSORS"
Big Knob racing!, NewMembers Mom!
 Sacks Gloryhole at the Little Bar!
Qawd32 Colon massage inc.!
Fuzzy Pickle race team!
LeBlanc Outdoors

« Reply #112 on: June 17, 2006, 06:26:51 PM »

I believe at some point in all our lives God will show himself to everybody.   What you do with that encounter is up to you, quite frankly none of my business, unless you decide to approach me and desire my input.  We have free will over our feelings, and actions.  As for me and my house we will serve the Lord, for you your business.
Inyourdraft2000

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #113 on: June 18, 2006, 06:59:10 PM »

At my church my pastor now and again holds up the Bible and Flips through to the Revelations and shows you that everything up to the Revelation has happened already, what makes you think God is going to quit here(meaning the last book of the Bible). If you hold the Bible up and look at how thick the pages are from Genesis through the Book of Jude and then compare them to how thin Revelation is you can get the picture.
If you look at history even  if its just back to the year you were born and see how times have changed and look what our worlds condition is should be an eye opener by itself. I challenge you to look at one thing w/ a little effort of study. Look at the transition of OUR NATION health from the day they announced no more prayer in Public School. America has God on her side ONLY by Grace. We are pushing God out of everything from Prayer in Public to our very own Pledge of Allegiance, and next it will taken off our currency ($$$$). When we decide to outcast God completely of our lives his Grace will be lifted and then all HELL will break loose.
No we should not pressure you into conversion but our job is to plant the seed and let God take over from there. We all will answere for our own lives and decisions in the end so when day comes whether it happen tonight in your sleep or if God allows you to live a long prosperous life and die of natural causes you have heard the truth. They only thing that will send you to hell is your very own denial.
Dont let pride seperate you from eternal life in heaven my friends.
"My name is Jake Barnes and I approve this message" Cool Cool

Inyourdraft2000

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #114 on: June 18, 2006, 07:05:29 PM »

Oh yeah, one more thing. This thread is only 3 days old and it has 114 post and 873 views.
God works in mysterious ways. You ever notice when the Passion Of Christ movie came out how much money it brought in in such a short time, you ever notice that in the book stores after all these years that the B I B L E  "yes thats the book for me" is still the #1 selling book of all time. Wink
« Last Edit: June 18, 2006, 07:07:28 PM by Inyourdraft2000 » Logged

tony pitts
Supreme Member

Life's short, ride hard.

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #115 on: June 18, 2006, 07:45:13 PM »

remember this man wrote the bible  not god . your belief is your right thats why we live in this so called free world . so if I have to pay taxes to be free so should churches and anoyhter thing church and politics need to stay seperate every day churches try to tell you what you can and cant do with your life and that is wrong... for instance we use to have a nice little bit of sand dunes to ride on in jacksonville a church got some tax free property next to it . and guess what no more fun for us because they didnt like it.to me your all a bunch of hipocrits because that is all i have ever met at a church

tony pitts
Supreme Member

Life's short, ride hard.

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #116 on: June 18, 2006, 07:47:56 PM »

and by the way mel gibson sold those tickets not god........

bigscrub79
Supreme Member

I'm a Florida Mud Rider!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #117 on: June 18, 2006, 08:16:19 PM »

One thing I keep hearing from the opposition is that "the Bible was written by man". Well science was invented by man. We are going on the fact that they are doing everything right. Everything we live by (measurements) were created by man. So you are just assuming that man is right. You have "faith" in man everyday. Well I believe there is a higher power in this world that had helped man along since the begining of time. So just remember that the Bible was written by man, but so were science books that everyone puts so much faith in. Just a little food for thought.

Inyourdraft2000

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #118 on: June 18, 2006, 08:20:24 PM »

Sorry you feel the way you do, People are human and no one is perfect, as far as labeling everyone because of a few bad apples only speaks volumes of your maturity and Intelect.
As I previously stated, we will all answere for our own actions and the decisions we made in life.
If you let "hipocrits" make or break your eternal destiny you will be sorry.
And BTW, if a Walmart or a Burger King was to be put on the adjascent property you would still have lost your playground so get over it.

tony pitts
Supreme Member

Life's short, ride hard.

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #119 on: June 18, 2006, 08:55:42 PM »

so now im imature , and you are ignorant. I am 42 years old and have raised two wonderful children so believe what you want to and i dont have to get over a damn thing

Inyourdraft2000

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #120 on: June 18, 2006, 08:57:44 PM »

42 years old and still complaining about paying taxes? Figure you would have it figured out by now.

trx#9
Supreme Member

Manager at Seaman's Sausage House and Adult Movies

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #121 on: June 18, 2006, 09:18:53 PM »

42 years old and still complaining about paying taxes? Figure you would have it figured out by now.
Yeah churches run the show- government. Some of the most dishonest people I ever met go to church every sunday. "Let the church set you free"  Wink

"A SPECIAL THANKS TO MY SPONSORS"
Big Knob racing!, NewMembers Mom!
 Sacks Gloryhole at the Little Bar!
Qawd32 Colon massage inc.!
Fuzzy Pickle race team!
Inyourdraft2000

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #122 on: June 18, 2006, 09:35:03 PM »

You are right as well but in the same respect some of the most dishonest people I have ever met dont go to church. Its is a cop out when you  or anyone else pulls out the bad apples in a crowd whether it be in this forumn or in a church. Just like the Media, lets report only the retard soldiers that do bad stuff and not the real heroes saving lives. There are 2 kinds of people in the world, and they are Saved Sinners and unsaved sinners. Going to church does not label anyone as better then you or better than anyone else for that matter, only people trying each day to do better. We all put our pants on the same way.
No need to turn a post into something personal my friends, lets keeps it clean and remember we all joind this forumn because of the love for the same hobby. So how about them Miami Heat! Cool

cheropride
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #123 on: June 18, 2006, 10:22:07 PM »

All I can add, for me it is really saddens me to think that someone don't believe in God, that must be a lonely place to be.  As for me, He has shown Himself to me and I have seen His mercy, His love, and yes I hate suffering, but unfortuanately, we are of the flesh and w/out suffering we don't turn to Him.  It is in our suffering that we grow stronger in our Faith.  He gave us free will and our battles are not of this world, but principablities of good and evil. Just as God & Jesus are very real, so is satan.  He is the master of lies and deceit and he is what cause us to sin, he will tell you lies and you will believe him.  Evil is very real, but so is Jesus.  God loves us so much that He sent is only Son not only to die for us, but to suffer for all of our sins.  As He suffered, more suffering than any human has ever endured, He did it out of true LOVE for me, and you and each and everyone of us.

To those who don't believe, there is not the majic word, the majic touch that will make you believe.  But just as someone once explained it to me, "I may not change your mind, I may not be able to make you believe, but I will be the link in that chain that brings you closer to God and Jesus each and everyday."  See there is not majic moment, it is a journey, but trust me once you get, you will know it.  You will confess your love for Jesus and accept him as your savior.  The sooner the better, but God has a plan for each an everyone of us.  The Holy Spirit will work each and every day, each and every hour, he will simply whisper and sometimes shout, but you will someday hear him and you will someday believe.

I just end with this.  I have seen many miracles in my life.  Yes, I have seen many suffer, but I judge no one and surely don't judge God.  I feel his peace, I feel is love.  I know He is real, just as real as the air that I breath. This is my faith. Though I can't see the air, I know it's there.  Everything is proof of his existance, but you must first open your eyes to see. 

As Jesus said to Thomas, yes Thomas you have seen and touch so now you believe, but the blessed our those you have not seen but still believe.

Psalm 91 

God Bless this room....

Kawi-360 4WD/Camo
Honda 400
Polaris Ranger 700XP
tony pitts
Supreme Member

Life's short, ride hard.

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #124 on: June 18, 2006, 10:27:54 PM »

go sell crazy somewhere else , we have enough here already