Home ATV Florida Forum ATV Florida Where to Ride? ATV Florida Links Advertise

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Does God exist? This thread is not meant to be a debate!  (Read 75821 times)
RTR_380/450R
Supreme Member

The older I get..........

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #75 on: June 15, 2006, 11:46:43 PM »

Sooo, is that a yes or a no?

It is definately a Yes!  Just trying to say that my God is probably differant than everyone elses.  But hes my God, nonetheless! Grin

And Yes, I will be your friend!!  Call me!  My number is 800-I-LOVE-YOU!! Grin
DANG YOU SWAMP!
When I took that picture of you, I told you that it was our special little picture.  So dont show everyone!!
« Last Edit: June 15, 2006, 11:48:46 PM by RTR_380/450R » Logged

RTR PERFORMANCE ENGINES
Specializing in FAST RELIABLE Horspower!!
rtrperformanceengines.com
UncleRico
Supreme Member

"Crazy, Insane?"

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #76 on: June 15, 2006, 11:52:29 PM »

hey fish if you want to know read the book of revelations it talks about all the things in life that are happening today in the world and was wrote 2000 yrs ago.if theirs no god explain how babies are made a chemisty kit and some baby batter.if you really want to know the best way to make up your mind is just go to church one day and listen.if its not for you then gods not going to twist your arm to come back.and whoever said this topic should not have been posted on this site--your wrong you should always try to make god apart of your everyday life whether the people around you like it or not and the bible teaches you to talk about god in a open manner and not be ashamed of him.just my .02

You seem very educated on the book of Revelation...just out of curiosity, who authored it?  Surely you wouldn't site a reference that you can't attribute definitive authorship to.

Don't worry, I've scoured the internet to find definitive proof that God exists. I found a an objective, accurate, and honest news source from which to gather my information....

http://www.theonion.com/content/node/28151

UNLUCKY #13 RACING  "I want to thank my sponsors, Jack Cass Bail Bonds, The Cleveland Steamer Carpet Cleaner Company, The Rusty Trombone Pub, and Dirty Sanchez's Liquor and Check Cashing."
Chuck_Norris

« Reply #77 on: June 15, 2006, 11:59:29 PM »

Idk, you still sound hostile to me.  Angry

your are mistaken, anyone here who knows me in person can atest to my demeanor , hostility is not in my nature. but truth be know a coward has no guts

Now you mess with my Family and you'll not find me to be as nice a fella. My co-workers will attest to that when the school system lost my youngst son
[/quote]
[/quote]
you are entitled to your opinon. I dont always rubb people the right way. and some dont like me for who I am. I am ok with that. I am secure in life that I dont need to hold someones hand or dwell upon anothers though process without having one of my own. It is called character and personality. We'll hook up in person someday then you can decide. sitting behind a computer gives us both a hanicap.  I think a wise fella once said"I would rather be hated for who I am the loved for who I am not."  
Bigscrb15
Supreme Member

I'm a Florida Mud Rider

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #78 on: June 16, 2006, 12:10:22 AM »

Idk, you still sound hostile to me.  Angry

your are mistaken, anyone here who knows me in person can atest to my demeanor , hostility is not in my nature. but truth be know a coward has no guts

Now you mess with my Family and you'll not find me to be as nice a fella. My co-workers will attest to that when the school system lost my youngst son
[/quote]
you are entitled to your opinon. I dont always rubb people the right way. and some dont like me for who I am. I am ok with that. I am secure in life that I dont need to hold someones hand or dwell upon anothers though process without having one of my own. It is called character and personality. We'll hook up in person someday then you can decide. sitting behind a computer gives us both a hanicap.  I think a wise fella once said"I would rather be hated for who I am the loved for who I am not."  
[/quote]

Obviously you can tell I strongly agree with that quote considering its been in my sig for over a year and is not moving.

It feels great thought reading all this and knowing that I have accepted Christ and do not have to worry about where I will go. I don't know how someone could live there life and not be sure where they will spend eternity. I pray for the lost souls on this website and Im sure they will or atleast want to respond and tell me not to pray for them, but I will. GOD BLESS you all!

"When once you have tasted flight, you will forever walk the earth with your eyes turned skyward, for there you have been, and there you will always long to return."
Chuck_Norris

« Reply #79 on: June 16, 2006, 12:11:06 AM »

You seem very educated on the book of Revelation...just out of curiosity, who authored it?  Surely you wouldn't site a reference that you can't attribute definitive authorship to.
Don't worry, I've scoured the internet to find definitive proof that God exists. I found a an objective, accurate, and honest news source from which to gather my information....

http://www.theonion.com/content/node/28151

In the Book of Revelation, the author identifies himself as John, whereas in the Gospel of John and the Johannine letters there is no such self-identification:  the John who wrote the Book of Revelation did not identify himself as the one whom Jesus loved, the one who leaned back on Jesus' breast, or as an eyewitness and hearer of the Lord, as one would expect John the apostle to have done. Dionysius speculated that the author could have been John Mark.
Bigscrb15
Supreme Member

I'm a Florida Mud Rider

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #80 on: June 16, 2006, 12:16:11 AM »

One day a 6 year old girl was sitting in a classroom. The teacher was going to explain evolution to the children. The teacher asked a little boy:

TEACHER : Tommy, do you see the tree outside?
TOMMY : Yes.
TEACHER : Tommy, do you see the grass outside?
TEACHER : Go outside and look up and see if you can see the sky.
TOMMY : Okay.(He returned a few minutes later) Yes, I saw the sky.
TEACHER : Did you see God?
TOMMY : No.
TEACHER : That's my point. We can't see God because he isn't there. He doesn't exist.

A little girl spoke up and wanted to ask the boy some questions.
The teacher agreed and the little girl asked the boy :
LITTLE GIRL : Tommy, do you see the tree outside?
LITTLE GIRL : Tommy, do you see the grass outside?
TOMMY : Yesssssssss (getting tired of the questions by this time).
LITTLE GIRL : Did you see the sky?
TOMMY : Yessssssssss.
LITTLE GIRL : Tommy, do you see the teacher?
LITTLE GIRL : Do you see her brain?
TOMMY : No.
LITTLE GIRL : Then according to what we were taught today in school, she must not have one!!!

"When once you have tasted flight, you will forever walk the earth with your eyes turned skyward, for there you have been, and there you will always long to return."
bigscrub79
Supreme Member

I'm a Florida Mud Rider!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #81 on: June 16, 2006, 12:19:21 AM »

I love that one. I just dont get how people dont believe. I was fortunate enough to be raised with religion and thank the lord i embraced it. I have done bad things that were not very christian but never once did i lose my faith. Rough times are so much easier with the lord in your life.

UncleRico
Supreme Member

"Crazy, Insane?"

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #82 on: June 16, 2006, 12:23:03 AM »

"In the Book of Revelation, the author identifies himself as John, whereas in the Gospel of John and the Johannine letters there is no such self-identification:  the John who wrote the Book of Revelation did not identify himself as the one whom Jesus loved, the one who leaned back on Jesus' breast, or as an eyewitness and hearer of the Lord, as one would expect John the apostle to have done. Dionysius speculated that the author could have been John Mark."   - Chuck Norris

So, if it's not John, son of Zebedde, (that's the apostle for you non bible fans), and it's not John Mark, then who is it?

Of course, since John was a prisoner, that could account for the different style of Revalation from say his 3 epistles, or the gospel, if he did write the book in prison, ya know since it's supposedly a vision.

Point being, I don't think we should take sources of questionable authorship as fact.

Peace be with you!

UNLUCKY #13 RACING  "I want to thank my sponsors, Jack Cass Bail Bonds, The Cleveland Steamer Carpet Cleaner Company, The Rusty Trombone Pub, and Dirty Sanchez's Liquor and Check Cashing."
Bigscrb15
Supreme Member

I'm a Florida Mud Rider

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #83 on: June 16, 2006, 12:26:32 AM »

"In the Book of Revelation, the author identifies himself as John, whereas in the Gospel of John and the Johannine letters there is no such self-identification:  the John who wrote the Book of Revelation did not identify himself as the one whom Jesus loved, the one who leaned back on Jesus' breast, or as an eyewitness and hearer of the Lord, as one would expect John the apostle to have done. Dionysius speculated that the author could have been John Mark."   - Chuck Norris

So, if it's not John, son of Zebedde, (that's the apostle for you non bible fans), and it's not John Mark, then who is it?

Of course, since John was a prisoner, that could account for the different style of Revalation from say his 3 epistles, or the gospel, if he did write the book in prison, ya know since it's supposedly a vision.

Point being, I don't think we should take sources of questionable authorship as fact.

Peace be with you!

That what FAITH is for. We have faith that this book is the truth. We have faith that the lord is our saviour. We have faith we are going to heaven. We could be wrong. We might be right. But faith keeps us alive and full of hope and love.

UncleRico
Supreme Member

"Crazy, Insane?"

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #84 on: June 16, 2006, 12:32:07 AM »

Yeah, but there's a huge difference between faith and fact.

Not that I would doubt your faith, I truly believe that you believe.

I just prefer facts.

blupits04
Supreme Member

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #85 on: June 16, 2006, 12:35:36 AM »

sound to me your trying to question the bible.if you say you believe in god then why are you questioning what been written in his book?

UncleRico
Supreme Member

"Crazy, Insane?"

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #86 on: June 16, 2006, 12:36:25 AM »

I never said I believed in God...

I'm what you would label an agnostic.

Bigscrb15
Supreme Member

I'm a Florida Mud Rider

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #87 on: June 16, 2006, 12:39:27 AM »

I personally believe an agnostic is someone who is an atheist but doesn't want to say they are just incase they are wrong.

blupits04
Supreme Member

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #88 on: June 16, 2006, 12:40:24 AM »

the best fact you'll ever get is when you die--judgement day is just around the corner It's real hard to change you mind when that day come and it's too late .all I know if I'm wrong then atleast I had something in life to make me feel good and want to do better.

Chuck_Norris

« Reply #89 on: June 16, 2006, 07:00:00 AM »

I never said I believed in God...

I'm what you would label an agnostic.
It is written in the book of James, A double minded man has no peace the believet know that fact states if you deny Christ he will deny you on that day. The worst words you'll want to hear are
"DEPART FROM ME FOR I NEVER KNEW YOU"
« Last Edit: June 16, 2006, 07:02:36 AM by Chuck_Norris » Logged
Thrasher
Supreme Member

i have a headache...

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #90 on: June 16, 2006, 07:45:06 AM »

The only thing that I have to say for those of you who do not believe that God exist failed the test.  What I mean by that is, just acknowledging the word "God" shows that there is some belief.  

thats a load of horse crap.....just because I say the word doesn't mean I have any shred of belief.....I do not believe, never have and never will....do not tell me what i do or do not believe in.

the unfortunate part of all this, is when i get into these debates with people....it seems I have to defend my choices way, way harder than those who do believe....pretty sad that those who do believe cannot resepect the thoughts of those of us who do not....(as in quit shoving it in my face)

this crap doesnt even  belong on this website....this site is about ATV riding......not preaching or religion....i don't need to be subjected to this crap.

keep yer religion to yourself.
« Last Edit: June 16, 2006, 07:52:26 AM by Thrasher » Logged

2 x 2003 Polaris Sportsman 600 Twins, w/Warn 3000/2500 winches, k&n filter, handguards, Kimpex Deluxe seat/storage,  Kimpex front box, WayBackRacks fuel rack. Mud Lites, 27" Outlaws, Mud chunks, a lil tin can Cheesy

Out to pis
renmus
Supreme Member

I am a Florida Mudrider

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #91 on: June 16, 2006, 07:50:58 AM »

I made a mistake and read the posts...  Thank God I am going to go ride for the weekend, maybe this train wreck will be gone when I return.
FishaHallic
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #92 on: June 16, 2006, 07:57:09 AM »

Thanks for the replies, I think this subject has run its course  Welcome!
Da_Mtg_Man
extraordinaire
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #93 on: June 16, 2006, 11:20:21 AM »

Ok, I moved this to the moderators forum but decided to move it back.

This is simply a discussion whether you believe in god or not doesn't matter. Thrasher and I are very good friends although we have TOTALLY different views on this subject I'm not going to stop being his friend because of it. ( By the way Doug, I can't make it to dinner tonight, I'll call you some other time Roll Eyes )
I'll get with the other mods and see what they think we should do here. I say let it ride because it's simply peoples opinions.

FLORIDA MUD RIDER
SWAMP_DONKEY

« Reply #94 on: June 16, 2006, 11:59:47 AM »

Ok, I moved this to the moderators forum but decided to move it back.

This is simply a discussion whether you believe in god or not doesn't matter. Thrasher and I are very good friends although we have TOTALLY different views on this subject I'm not going to stop being his friend because of it. ( By the way Doug, I can't make it to dinner tonight, I'll call you some other time Roll Eyes )
I'll get with the other mods and see what they think we should do here. I say let it ride because it's simply peoples opinions.

Mike I am getting one of these made for you and the other MODS>

[attachment deleted by admin]
« Last Edit: June 16, 2006, 12:16:31 PM by SWAMP_DONKEY » Logged
Joedirt
Supreme Member

I am a FloridaMud Rider

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #95 on: June 16, 2006, 12:14:43 PM »

when it is your time to believe in GOD, you will believe. i still wonder why GOD lets all the bad things happen around the world?HuhHuh?? and i still believe. believing in GOD and eternal life is just like retirement, you save and save and invest and save in hope that when you retire you will reap the rewards for all your hard work...........but what if you die before you retire? all that work and wasted money for nothing! but you still save just in case so you can have everything you want. FAITH IS FREE so I'm saving it in hopes that when i die i will be in heaven instead of a pine box 6 feet deep.

thanks JESUS
                                                                                  Shawn

That was awesome...I liked that .

I think I have the choice to follow whatever path I choose to lead , I have to work on having faith in myself and being a better person. I do not deny the existence of a God...I am not sure there is a firey pit of Damnation. I have problems when people do not express how they feel from the heart NOT from a book , no disrespect intended but I have trouble with the whole Bible issue. Talk to me like I am a man do not quote from a book. Too many contradictions in religion for me to be 100% convinced.

So I think there is a God  but  we are not on the best of terms right now.

2005 Vinson 4x4
2003 Big Bear 4x4
2001 Prarie 4x4
1987 Dirty Dakota Mud truck on 35 inch Boggers
dreth

« Reply #96 on: June 16, 2006, 12:16:44 PM »

The only thing that I have to say for those of you who do not believe that God exist failed the test.  What I mean by that is, just acknowledging the word "God" shows that there is some belief.  

thats a load of horse crap.....just because I say the word doesn't mean I have any shred of belief.....I do not believe, never have and never will....do not tell me what i do or do not believe in.

the unfortunate part of all this, is when i get into these debates with people....it seems I have to defend my choices way, way harder than those who do believe....pretty sad that those who do believe cannot resepect the thoughts of those of us who do not....(as in quit shoving it in my face)

this crap doesnt even  belong on this website....this site is about ATV riding......not preaching or religion....i don't need to be subjected to this crap.

keep yer religion to yourself.

thrasher,TRX450racer,trx9, i read every post and no where did anyone condemn you or anyone else for there beliefs. if you dont like the topic then dont click on it. this is the open discussion section therefore its open for whatever.
those of you that keep complaining about this topic being here have the ability to not read it but you keep clicking on it...........! WHY? let us HOLLY ROLLIN, BIBLE PRAISIN, JESUS FREAKS do what we do and as long as you dont read it IT CAN NOT HURT YOU!  

thrasher, we have been on vacation together and you know what im am like so the above was meant to point out that those that dont want to read it, DONT
« Last Edit: June 16, 2006, 12:18:16 PM by dreth » Logged
Ida_Mann
Supreme Member

Location: There may be times when we are powerless to prevent injustice, but there must never be a time when we fail to protest.

I own and wear a purple sombrero

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #97 on: June 16, 2006, 12:27:50 PM »

Mr Norris, you seem to be upset and throw words around like guts and coward like someone who doesn't believe what you believe is just that; a coward without guts. Am I mistaken? Why do you sound hostile?

Mr. Norris is probably the most level-headed people I have ever met, and also one of the few I would like to have with me if I ever got in a tight spot.  You may interpret his words as hostile, but I do not believe them to be so, and I don't believe I have ever heard a hostile word come out of his mouth.

Id@

Id@ M@nn

www.facebook.com/IdaShotMe
'99 Honda 400EX ATP'd (quietly making noise)
'02 Honda Foreman Rubicon
'00 Honda TRX90
8 X 20 Enclosed hauler/camper
"Show me a smooth operation and I'll show you someone who is hiding mistakes, real boats rock."
dreth

« Reply #98 on: June 16, 2006, 12:29:56 PM »

Mr Norris, you seem to be upset and throw words around like guts and coward like someone who doesn't believe what you believe is just that; a coward without guts. Am I mistaken? Why do you sound hostile?

Mr. Norris is probably the most level-headed people I have ever met, and also one of the few I would like to have with me if I ever got in a tight spot.  You may interpret his words as hostile, but I do not believe them to be so, and I don't believe I have ever heard a hostile word come out of his mouth.

Id@

except for that time behind the wall Rolling on the Floor Laughing Moon Rolling on the Floor Laughing
Ida_Mann
Supreme Member

Location: There may be times when we are powerless to prevent injustice, but there must never be a time when we fail to protest.

I own and wear a purple sombrero

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #99 on: June 16, 2006, 12:34:19 PM »

Id@

except for that time behind the wall Rolling on the Floor Laughing Moon Rolling on the Floor Laughing

who said that was a tight spot?  It was an easily taken care of situation ;-)

Id@

Id@ M@nn

www.facebook.com/IdaShotMe
'99 Honda 400EX ATP'd (quietly making noise)
'02 Honda Foreman Rubicon
'00 Honda TRX90
8 X 20 Enclosed hauler/camper
"Show me a smooth operation and I'll show you someone who is hiding mistakes, real boats rock."
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Other Florida sites of interest: www.PinballShark.com