Home ATV Florida Forum ATV Florida Where to Ride? ATV Florida Links Advertise

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 ... 9   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Does God exist? This thread is not meant to be a debate!  (Read 75823 times)
SWAMP_DONKEY

« Reply #25 on: June 15, 2006, 07:09:57 PM »

In my opinion this type of thread doesn't belong on this site.

I, in most cases would agree with you TRX but in this case I think Fish did not intend to start an issue but was seaking answer's and there are several members on this site that are knowlegable in his quest. Fish i hope you find the answer you are looking for.

Swamp
FishaHallic
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #26 on: June 15, 2006, 07:25:13 PM »

Wait that was a WOMAN , then it is not settled.  I can't take the word of a woman  Grin.
renmus
Supreme Member

I am a Florida Mudrider

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #27 on: June 15, 2006, 07:26:59 PM »

Smash
trx#9
Supreme Member

Manager at Seaman's Sausage House and Adult Movies

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #28 on: June 15, 2006, 07:27:22 PM »

There's no god, unless you believe in a fairy tales. I believe in science and science over rules what the bible say's. If you believe in that stuff, I got your respect and I hope you respect mine. Roll Eyes

"A SPECIAL THANKS TO MY SPONSORS"
Big Knob racing!, NewMembers Mom!
 Sacks Gloryhole at the Little Bar!
Qawd32 Colon massage inc.!
Fuzzy Pickle race team!
FishaHallic
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #29 on: June 15, 2006, 07:31:01 PM »

Chuck Norris, good post I can't believe I mist it earlier.  I may even try one of those books because inquiring minds want to know.

Thanks for all the anwers guys I appreciate your efforts.  

There is nothing wrong with a good debate TRX then hopefully all sides of an issue will walk away with just a little bit more of an understanding of the other sides thought.  But this post was not meant to be a debate, it was just a question.  Thanks
FishaHallic
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #30 on: June 15, 2006, 07:33:07 PM »

There's no god, unless you believe in a fairy tales. I believe in science and science over rules what the bible say's. If you believe in that stuff, I got your respect and I hope you respect mine. Roll Eyes
  Careful trx#9 they may take the target off my back and plant it on yours, good luck.
trx#9
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #31 on: June 15, 2006, 07:38:21 PM »

Careful trx#9 they may take the target off my back and plant it on yours, good luck.
I know.  Wink

Fuzzy Pickle race team!
Thrasher
Supreme Member

i have a headache...

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #32 on: June 15, 2006, 08:18:10 PM »

there is no god.

2 x 2003 Polaris Sportsman 600 Twins, w/Warn 3000/2500 winches, k&n filter, handguards, Kimpex Deluxe seat/storage,  Kimpex front box, WayBackRacks fuel rack. Mud Lites, 27" Outlaws, Mud chunks, a lil tin can Cheesy

Out to pis
Shell

Finally, ATVFlorida.com is here!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #33 on: June 15, 2006, 08:19:18 PM »

Has there ever been a reputable scientific study as to wether there is a god?  If so, by whom?  Yes we have the books of the bible that say that there is a god but anyone could have wrote them, I need proof. 

And if this god exist why would this god let millions of people starve to death every year, have thousands of Americans and people world wide suffer the awful affects of cancer and have all these people dying in religious wars?  Why would god have kids born with horrific birth defects to suffer for the rest of their lives, why would there be these huge sunamis that kill over 100,000 people? Are all these people nonbelievers?  Maybe they didn't pray hard enough?  Maybe it's gods will? 

Are you saying that god can create heaven and hell but has no power to stop the suffering of millions of people?   I honestly would like to hear some opinions on this subject.  This thread is not meant to be a debate!

It's like this.  You have a little boy who is riding his bike- and you have taught him all the rules.  Don't go in the street, ride with a helmet, stay on the sidewalk......of course the little boy promises you he will do it all and be careful.  One day, while you are watching the little boy ride his bike- he is not paying attention and rides out on to the street.  A car is comming and it just misses your little boy!  He is pretty shaken up, and pretty scared!  Your heart is pounding, and your little boy is crying.  You sit there and think "this could have been a really bad accident"....my boy could have been killed"!  

Your little boy could not have learned a better lesson.  You see, your little boy will only learn what is right and wrong in life if he learns by his mistakes, life lessons are learned this way.  You could him tell him a thousand times to be careful, but we are all humans and we learn by our mistakes and by the mistakes of others.

God is trying to teach US, by our mistakes, the mistakes of others.  If we did not suffer, then how are we ever to learn?  
Bigscrb15
Supreme Member

I'm a Florida Mud Rider

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #34 on: June 15, 2006, 08:31:31 PM »

These are good videos that show how science does not prove the bible wrong. 
http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-5056470106006523967&q=kent+hovind
if more do not show up on the right search for Kent Hovin

"When once you have tasted flight, you will forever walk the earth with your eyes turned skyward, for there you have been, and there you will always long to return."
CABLEGUY1
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #35 on: June 15, 2006, 08:39:45 PM »

Hmmmmm,comparing god to fairy tales? I can see where you respect our beliefs.NOT!!!!
SWAMP_DONKEY

« Reply #36 on: June 15, 2006, 08:43:18 PM »

there is no god.
Thrasher you suprise me...Where is your proof? Why is it our burden to prove God exist?

The non believers should shoulder some of the burden to prove there is no God. This is the best I can do on my end...

Whenever this question comes up, I am always reminded of Thomas in the Bible who would not believe that Jesus was alive until he could touch Him. That is the same analogy many people use today when it comes to answering the question “Is there any proof that God exists?” They want physical proof for something that must be taken on faith value.

It takes greater faith to believe that an unseen God exists than it does to just dismiss Him because you cannot physically confirm that He is there. For those who deal in evidence there is proof all around you and inside of you that God does exist.

Is there any proof that God exists? Take a good look around. When most people look at the world around them, they see only the trees; they do not see the forest that is there. It should be obvious that God exists because of His creation, not only us humans, but the world we live in, the galaxy that world is in, and the universe that the galaxy is in.

Our universe contains too much order for our existence to have been created out of chaos. We are complex beyond our imaginations and when you look at such a complexity, you see God and His creation.

Is there any proof that God exists? Take a good look inside yourself. Most people fail to look inside themselves for God. Instead, they look to their surroundings and conclude that since the world is such a mess, God must not be there, if He ever existed at all. They forget that since God created us, we bear His fingerprints and those fingerprints point to His existence.

First, we are all born with an innate knowledge of what is right and wrong. Even a young child knows that when they misbehave they are doing something that goes against their parents’ wishes. The knowledge of good and evil comes from God. It was put there to keep us in balance and to allow us to understand why we need to come to God for forgiveness.

Second, we have a desire to seek love. Our whole life is spent trying to fill a gap that exists in our souls; a gap that only be filled by the love of God. No matter what we do to try and fill this gap -- money drugs, alcohol, sex, possessions -- the hole will never be filled until we turn back to God and accept His Son as our Savior and Lord.

These are only two of the inward feelings that should tell us that we are more than just some random mistake of nature; that we are created, that a real God that created us, and that He is still there watching over us.

Is there any proof that God exists? Take a good look at His Son, Jesus Christ. All we need to do is take a good look at the life of Jesus to see that He was a man, but more than a man, He was God. When was the last time you saw a man walk on water, calm a storm, or make a man rise from the dead? Even Jesus Himself conquered death and rose again to ascend to Heaven.

Think about the impact that Jesus has had on this world from the very moment of His birth; the way His life, death and resurrection have shaped world history, changed lives, and healed souls. No mere man could do this so we must say as the Roman soldier did at His crucifixion, “Surely this is the Son of God.”

Philosophy says that our existence is based on that which we perceive existence to be. It is even suggested that maybe we do not exist as we think we do here, but on a different plane of reasoning not yet known to us. As God’s creation, we know God is real; all we have to do is take a good look.

trx#9
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #37 on: June 15, 2006, 08:48:38 PM »

These are good videos that show how science does not prove the bible wrong.  http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-5056470106006523967&q=kent+hovind if more do not show up on the right search for Kent Hovin
Read this one, ][email]www.ethicalatheist.com/docs/religion_and_science.html Isn't kent hovin a preacher?
« Last Edit: June 15, 2006, 08:52:25 PM by trx#9 » Logged

Fuzzy Pickle race team!
CABLEGUY1
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #38 on: June 15, 2006, 09:02:54 PM »

I'm not going to bite anymore.I thought this was an antagonizing topic when it was posted and it has been beat to death on this site. I know what the truth is and that's all that matters to me. If some people think this topic "Does God exist" was started not as a debate but as somebody soul searching than you got taken. Feel free to get suckered in by people just trying to rattle a few cages if you like but I refuse to help keep this post alive. GOD RULES.
SWAMP_DONKEY

« Reply #39 on: June 15, 2006, 09:08:09 PM »

I'm not going to bite anymore.I thought this was an antagonizing topic when it was posted and it has been beat to death on this site. I know what the truth is and that's all that matters to me. If some people think this topic "Does God exist" was started not as a debate but as somebody soul searching than you got taken. Feel free to get suckered in by people just trying to rattle a few cages if you like but I refuse to help keep this post alive. GOD RULES.

I guess I got taken!! Its' ok I gave the benefit of the doubt that someone was thirsty.
« Last Edit: June 15, 2006, 09:33:30 PM by SWAMP_DONKEY » Logged
trx#9
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #40 on: June 15, 2006, 09:09:30 PM »

Ditto
well said.
If there was a God where was he when the man of the cloth was having his merry way with the young boys?
Or where was he when that woman drown all her children and on and on and on and on...
So, my answer is no.
With all due respect
and if there is a target on my back now that proves it is a farce
Bunch of hypocrites
Mudnuri, we finally we agree on something. wow Embarrassed

Fuzzy Pickle race team!
Bigscrb15
Supreme Member

I'm a Florida Mud Rider

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #41 on: June 15, 2006, 09:19:46 PM »

These are good videos that show how science does not prove the bible wrong.  http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-5056470106006523967&q=kent+hovind if more do not show up on the right search for Kent Hovin
Read this one, ][email]www.ethicalatheist.com/docs/religion_and_science.html Isn't kent hovin a preacher?

Dr. Kent Hovin was a teacher for 15 years and taught Biology, Anatomy, Physical Science, Mathematics, Earth Science, and other sciences. He is now an evangelist that lectures on this topic and also has a ministry and theme park/museum in Pensacola.
« Last Edit: June 15, 2006, 09:21:25 PM by Bigscrb15 » Logged

"When once you have tasted flight, you will forever walk the earth with your eyes turned skyward, for there you have been, and there you will always long to return."
Sleazy_Rider78

Old enough to know better, still too young to care

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #42 on: June 15, 2006, 09:26:33 PM »

Swamp and Chuck,  I am completely impressed with what you two wrote and now have a profound respect for both of you.  Unfortunately not all the seeds you plant fall on good soil.

www.myspace.com/mlatcham
Stolen: 2003 Yamaha YZ250F. Moto XXX graphics, Pro Taper handlebars, black Excel rims.  Pics of bike in Stolen ATV Watch Forum.
http://www.atvflorida.com/forum/index.php/topic,25023.0.html
Bigscrb15
Supreme Member

I'm a Florida Mud Rider

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #43 on: June 15, 2006, 09:32:52 PM »

I really wish I was more educated in the bible. I am a strong believe and try to live right, but I do not have enough knowledge in the bible. Scott and Bill, you 2 are true believers who stand up for what's right.

dreth

« Reply #44 on: June 15, 2006, 09:41:22 PM »

when it is your time to believe in GOD, you will believe. i still wonder why GOD lets all the bad things happen around the world?HuhHuh?? and i still believe. believeing in GOD and eternal life is just like retirement, you save and save and invest and save in hope that when you retire you will reap the rewards for all your hard work...........but what if you die before you retire? all that work and wasted money for nothing! but you still save just incase so you can have everything you want. FAITH IS FREE so im saving it in hopes that when i die i will be in heaven instead of a pine box 6 feet deep.

thanks JESUS
                                                                                  Shawn
dreth

« Reply #45 on: June 15, 2006, 09:47:18 PM »

so you do believe?
trx#9
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #46 on: June 15, 2006, 09:51:20 PM »

there is no god.
Thrasher you suprise me...Where is your proof? Why is it our burden to prove God exist?

The non believers should shoulder some of the burden to prove there is no God. This is the best I can do on my end...

Whenever this question comes up, I am always reminded of Thomas in the Bible who would not believe that Jesus was alive until he could touch Him. That is the same analogy many people use today when it comes to answering the question “Is there any proof that God exists?” They want physical proof for something that must be taken on faith value.

It takes greater faith to believe that an unseen God exists than it does to just dismiss Him because you cannot physically confirm that He is there. For those who deal in evidence there is proof all around you and inside of you that God does exist.

Is there any proof that God exists? Take a good look around. When most people look at the world around them, they see only the trees; they do not see the forest that is there. It should be obvious that God exists because of His creation, not only us humans, but the world we live in, the galaxy that world is in, and the universe that the galaxy is in.

Our universe contains too much order for our existence to have been created out of chaos. We are complex beyond our imaginations and when you look at such a complexity, you see God and His creation.

Is there any proof that God exists? Take a good look inside yourself. Most people fail to look inside themselves for God. Instead, they look to their surroundings and conclude that since the world is such a mess, God must not be there, if He ever existed at all. They forget that since God created us, we bear His fingerprints and those fingerprints point to His existence.

First, we are all born with an innate knowledge of what is right and wrong. Even a young child knows that when they misbehave they are doing something that goes against their parents’ wishes. The knowledge of good and evil comes from God. It was put there to keep us in balance and to allow us to understand why we need to come to God for forgiveness.

Second, we have a desire to seek love. Our whole life is spent trying to fill a gap that exists in our souls; a gap that only be filled by the love of God. No matter what we do to try and fill this gap -- money drugs, alcohol, sex, possessions -- the hole will never be filled until we turn back to God and accept His Son as our Savior and Lord.

These are only two of the inward feelings that should tell us that we are more than just some random mistake of nature; that we are created, that a real God that created us, and that He is still there watching over us.

Is there any proof that God exists? Take a good look at His Son, Jesus Christ. All we need to do is take a good look at the life of Jesus to see that He was a man, but more than a man, He was God. When was the last time you saw a man walk on water, calm a storm, or make a man rise from the dead? Even Jesus Himself conquered death and rose again to ascend to Heaven.

Think about the impact that Jesus has had on this world from the very moment of His birth; the way His life, death and resurrection have shaped world history, changed lives, and healed souls. No mere man could do this so we must say as the Roman soldier did at His crucifixion, “Surely this is the Son of God.”

Philosophy says that our existence is based on that which we perceive existence to be. It is even suggested that maybe we do not exist as we think we do here, but on a different plane of reasoning not yet known to us. As God’s creation, we know God is real; all we have to do is take a good look.

Well said, if you want to believe that nonsense ok by me free country. But note: that your taking words out of some book (bible) . Does a book means something is true? Did you check out my link above, how can you agrue that. Another thing about the bible that you didn't know is that scientist  have taken hair sample from many different mummy's from that era and ALL of them came back postive for early day drugs far more stronger than todays drugs,  opium or herion was the favorite and opium grows wild in that area of the world. Maybe thats why they thought jesus walk on water, or maybe he's a past day magician like david blain. Jester All I ask is to keep a open mind, and please don't try to kill me. A lot of  religions people scare me Crap  
« Last Edit: June 15, 2006, 10:52:22 PM by trx#9 » Logged

Fuzzy Pickle race team!
FishaHallic
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #47 on: June 15, 2006, 09:53:12 PM »

[
 I'm sorry you feel this way but the question was just that a question, it was not meant to "rattle a few cages".  I think by reading all the post on this thread that is was a good question with good answers from alot of different members.   Was it the answers I was hoping to see, no but it was the answers I expected and a little more.  And one more thing I'm really not soul searching but if I heard a definitive answer I would have been pleased.  
LostCause
Supreme Member

SSQSA is coming back!

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #48 on: June 15, 2006, 09:55:23 PM »

I want to start by saying that I believe that God exsist.  It would be wrong of me to not express that.

I do not go around pushing my belief on others however.  I try to live my life right and that brings me joy.  That sometimes causes others to ask what makes me happy.

From the beginning of time man has looked to the heavens for a higher power.  I have faith that the god that I worship and follow is the true God.  That is my feeling and will never be changed.  

The only thing that I have to say for those of you who do not believe that God exist failed the test.  What I mean by that is, just acknowledging the word "God" shows that there is some belief.  

We have the ability to control our future.

www.SSQSA.net

Thanks to our sponsors: Walsh Racecraft, X-Tream Clean, Ripixx, Goon with Style, Pit Posse, Amsoil, Equalibryum, Crown Wear, Answer, MSR, AXO, Slackercross, UFO, MXRESULTZ
SWAMP_DONKEY

« Reply #49 on: June 15, 2006, 10:02:13 PM »

I want to start by saying that I believe that God exsist.  It would be wrong of me to not express that.

I do not go around pushing my belief on others however.  I try to live my life right and that brings me joy.  That sometimes causes others to ask what makes me happy.

From the beginning of time man has looked to the heavens for a higher power.  I have faith that the god that I worship and follow is the true God.  That is my feeling and will never be changed.  

The only thing that I have to say for those of you who do not believe that God exist failed the test.  What I mean by that is, just acknowledging the word "God" shows that there is some belief.  

Well said.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 ... 9   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Other Florida sites of interest: www.PinballShark.com