Home ATV Florida Forum ATV Florida Where to Ride? ATV Florida Links Advertise

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 ... 9   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Does God exist? This thread is not meant to be a debate!  (Read 75858 times)
FishaHallic
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« on: June 15, 2006, 04:53:38 PM »

Has there ever been a reputable scientific study as to wether there is a god?  If so, by whom?  Yes we have the books of the bible that say that there is a god but anyone could have wrote them, I need proof. 

And if this god exist why would this god let millions of people starve to death every year, have thousands of Americans and people world wide suffer the awful affects of cancer and have all these people dying in religious wars?  Why would god have kids born with horrific birth defects to suffer for the rest of their lives, why would there be these huge sunamis that kill over 100,000 people? Are all these people nonbelievers?  Maybe they didn't pray hard enough?  Maybe it's gods will? 

Are you saying that god can create heaven and hell but has no power to stop the suffering of millions of people?   I honestly would like to hear some opinions on this subject.  This thread is not meant to be a debate!
SWAMP_DONKEY

« Reply #1 on: June 15, 2006, 04:56:45 PM »

I would much rather believe and find out I was wrong ....

than to not believe and be wrong. Shocked

If you cannot believe in something only because you cannot see it, than do not take another breath of air,
for it is also invisible but is as life sustaining and my belief.
« Last Edit: June 15, 2006, 04:59:43 PM by SWAMP_DONKEY » Logged
FishaHallic
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: June 15, 2006, 05:07:44 PM »

I understand what your saying but that still does not explain the suffering of millions of people and alot of those people are god fearing christians.
VForcedave
Supreme Member

V TWIN FOR THE WIN.

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: June 15, 2006, 05:11:00 PM »

Fish: Are you going to start this??? Why. You know whats going to happen. People are going to sound off and start another pissing contest. Look, If you do not believe thats OK. But it sounds like fear to me. What are you afraid of? I think you want to believe but will have to give up a few things if you did. He is a forgiving God so don't worry, it will be oK. People have been trying forever to discredit the teachings of Jesus Christ and the Bible with no success. Just let it go, say the Lords Prayer and he will forgive you. Its OK. Just like Swamp Donkey said, You better hope these Bible Thumpers are wrong. I have to go home now but if you want to talk about the teachings of the Lord Jesus Christ, Your savior and mine, PM me and we can see what happens.  

2004 Kaw Vforce 700 twin. Mine
2005 Honda Rancher 350 Kev Mans
2002 Yamaha 80 Raptor Kev Mans
2000 Jeep Wrangler 4" lift, 33's, winched
1988 Harley FXRP Dropped and chopped
2003 Chevy Duramax 100+K and still cruising. 18mpg.
klutchbuster400
Supreme Member

Cuz the chicks dig it.

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: June 15, 2006, 05:12:04 PM »

You one of them scientologist tom cruise fans? Nerd
SWAMP_DONKEY

« Reply #5 on: June 15, 2006, 05:20:20 PM »

I understand what your saying but that still does not explain the suffering of millions of people and alot of those people are god fearing christians.

Fish, you have to understand God has never promised there would be no suffering he only promises to be a forgiving and merciful God. You have to understand that Satan is responsible for thoughts such as yours we have all had them, his job is to create doubt so he can work on you. Know that when God it in your life there will be trials and tribulations but what he brings you to he will bring you through. I have lost allot of wonderfull people in my life and been through some very tough times and I would not have wanted to face any of them with out God. If you would make the drive to Sebring some Sunday I would love to invite you to visit our church with us.
« Last Edit: June 15, 2006, 07:19:47 PM by SWAMP_DONKEY » Logged
fastrnrik
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: June 15, 2006, 05:38:45 PM »

Wow, first gay Ford dealers, and now a bonafide "does God exist" discussion? This site is awesome! Who wants to talk about ATV's when you can read all the interesting posts for these topics. Maybe someone will start a thread claiming the Holocaust was an elaborate hoax, or that the U.S. government invented crack to keep the black man down.   
debatethis

I'll be a martyr, but I'm no hypocrite or thief

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: June 15, 2006, 05:40:29 PM »

It amazes me that people even have to ask. We live in a time when people will put money in a coke machine and push the button to dispense their can or bottle, yet if nothing happens they will push it again. Some will do it several times and then usually just switch to a different flavor and try again. The point being that people have more faith in if that machine actually works or contains any sodas to dispense than believe in God. Somehow they can't fathom that the soda machine doesn't work properly or is totally out of soda, but they think there was vast nothingness then BOOM there was a universe and planets which eventually spat forth all the living creatures on Earth. Isn't it more parsimonious to believe that there is a greater being that is responsible? And people as a whole (not necessarily individuals) are what make the world what it is including poverty, starvation, crime, etc. and then have the nerve to say "if there's a God why does he let this happen". One of the things we were gifted with is free will. Yet people don't want to believe they and others like them could be the problem.
Keep pushing that coke button, believe what you want, I know where I'm going.

The world is filled with hypocrites and martyrs....the difference is one has the nerve to stand tall against injustice while the other uses injustice to stand tall

"I don't trust anything that bleeds for 4 days and doesn't die "

floridaatv.com Home of the Short Bus !
SWAMP_DONKEY

« Reply #8 on: June 15, 2006, 05:45:19 PM »

It amazes me that people even have to ask. We live in a time when people will put money in a coke machine and push the button to dispense their can or bottle, yet if nothing happens they will push it again. Some will do it several times and then usually just switch to a different flavor and try again. The point being that people have more faith in if that machine actually works or contains any sodas to dispense than believe in God. Somehow they can't fathom that the soda machine doesn't work properly or is totally out of soda, but they think there was vast nothingness then BOOM there was a universe and planets which eventually spat forth all the living creatures on Earth. Isn't it more parsimonious to believe that there is a greater being that is responsible? And people as a whole (not necessarily individuals) are what make the world what it is including poverty, starvation, crime, etc. and then have the nerve to say "if there's a God why does he let this happen". One of the things we were gifted with is free will. Yet people don't want to believe they and others like them could be the problem.

Amen Brother!
FishaHallic
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: June 15, 2006, 05:54:14 PM »

Sorry I don't get this coke machine reference and what does this word mean parsimonious?

Wow, first gay Ford dealers, and now a bonafide "does God exist" discussion? This site is awesome! Who wants to talk about ATV's when you can read all the interesting posts for these topics. Maybe someone will start a thread claiming the Holocaust was an elaborate hoax, or that the U.S. government invented crack to keep the black man down.   
You should have seen the post about a month ago about the 9-11 conspiracy.
SWAMP_DONKEY

« Reply #10 on: June 15, 2006, 05:58:26 PM »

parsimonious \par-suh-MOH-nee-uhs\, adjective:
Sparing in expenditure; frugal to excess.

Da_Mtg_Man
extraordinaire
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: June 15, 2006, 06:04:10 PM »

Had to look that one up did ya?  Wink

FLORIDA MUD RIDER
AintSkeered
Contributing Member Plus
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: June 15, 2006, 06:07:58 PM »

How come the Old Testament God is portrayed as being mean(telling Abe to sacrifice is son, Sodom and Gomorrah, etc.) while the New Testament's Jesus as the Savior Messiah? Maybe the fish in your fish tank ask the same questions about YOU?

2015 Can-Am Outlander XT-P by Perry Performance Group
SWAMP_DONKEY

« Reply #13 on: June 15, 2006, 06:09:49 PM »

Had to look that one up did ya?  Wink

You d#mn right Cheesy
LordReed

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #14 on: June 15, 2006, 06:20:32 PM »

Ummm this thread.....why?  Undecided

How do you take your trails?......Scrambled!
'06 Scrambler 500
Da_Mtg_Man
extraordinaire
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: June 15, 2006, 06:26:16 PM »

It's to start a debate, Not sure why but ahve fun I guess. These types of debates do absolutley nothing but drive people apart.

FLORIDA MUD RIDER
SWAMP_DONKEY

« Reply #16 on: June 15, 2006, 06:27:56 PM »

It's to start a debate, Not sure why but ahve fun I guess. These types of debates do absolutley nothing but drive people apart.

Not me I have fun Kiss
Chuck_Norris

« Reply #17 on: June 15, 2006, 06:29:49 PM »

If that does not get you fired up then your wood is wet. good stuff

I can speak from the experience of being in Jerusalem thanks to Uncle Sam  and seeing the evidence first hand has made my desicion more enhanced. It is overwhelming to touch the history and not be able to believe if it were not for that Id would more than likely still be a non believer. "Fish"  I  do care for you and your eternity and if you believe that there is not a GOD in Heaven then hell is your eternal destiny, sorry to be so blunt, I am not judging you, please see that this is said in a caring manner and not to belittle you in any fashion. I would say for the sake of the discussion if you are right then nothing is lost. If people lived life how the Bible said to live life then we would live in a perfect world or at least make this fallen world a little better place. because you are literally betting your eternity that you are right,  at least investigate what the Bible says with an open mind. I can tell you where I was prior to knowing Christ and where I am now and you'd never know I was that rotten. It takes reflecting on who I was every now and then to keep me in check from time to time.  If you'd truely like to know PM me or call me and I'll share it with you. I am by no means perfect in my walk with Christ and never will be that is where Gods mercy and Grace come into play. Unfortunately many who believe do take Gods mercy and Grace for granted and never really evolve/mature in the walk with Christ they unfortunately give other Christians a bad repore. For instance Look at the Preachers, Pastors and other men of God who fall into the likes of sin. Of course the media is right there to exloit their fall.  As unfortunate as it is Sin affects everyone because we give way to the fleshly desires rather than the things of spirit.  If you will allow me recomend a few books. The first is by Josh McDowell called "Evidence that demands a verdict" It is my understanding that Josh wrote it as antheist trying to disprove the Bible but through his investigations, proved himself wrong and the Word of God correct. The next one is by Lee Strobel called "The case for Christ" He too was an atheist at one time and put on trial the life of Jesus and His claim to being the only redemption of sins. It is an excellent book that is written in a very non confronting form that has tons of proof of Jesus' life and claim to being The Son of God. Josh McDowell has another book out to called "More than a Carpenter. The spirit of God wil get ahold of you when you read these and hopefully answer the questions you have outside of this forum.

How come the Old Testament God is portrayed as being mean(telling Abe to sacrifice is son, Sodom and Gomorrah, etc.) while the New Testament's Jesus as the Savior Messiah? Maybe the fish in your fish tank ask the same questions about YOU?

The Old testiment was under the Law of God. The New testiment being after the death,and resurrection of Jesus is under Grace.
« Last Edit: June 15, 2006, 06:45:46 PM by Chuck_Norris » Logged
FishaHallic
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: June 15, 2006, 06:31:48 PM »

Actually this post was not made for a debate.  This is a question that I was looking for answers for.  That's why I have not responded to some of the comments, because I'm all about love baby no hate here.  Please no debate on this thread maybe we ALL will learn something.

Now, my next post about abortion that will be a debate  Grin.
CABLEGUY1
Supreme Member

Finally, ATVFlorida.com is here!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: June 15, 2006, 06:32:17 PM »

I know what in and to mean but what does Sparing,expenditure,frugal and excess mean?
Da_Mtg_Man
extraordinaire
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: June 15, 2006, 06:36:06 PM »

I know what in and to mean but what does Sparing,expenditure,frugal and excess mean?

Thats great, I love it Keith.

FLORIDA MUD RIDER
renmus
Supreme Member

I am a Florida Mudrider

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #21 on: June 15, 2006, 06:36:52 PM »

Did not read any post past the subject  matter.  Yes, it is NOT DEBATABLE.  God does exist.  Period.  There is not need for proof, no need for extra words.  God is existence.
FishaHallic
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #22 on: June 15, 2006, 06:48:52 PM »

Did not read any post past the subject  matter.  Yes, it is NOT DEBATABLE.  God does exist.  Period.  There is not need for proof, no need for extra words.  God is existence.

Well it's settled then god does exist, wow  Devil
SWAMP_DONKEY

« Reply #23 on: June 15, 2006, 06:58:34 PM »

Well it's settled then god does exist, wow  Devil

You learn fast fish...never question a woman. Wink
« Last Edit: June 15, 2006, 07:03:39 PM by SWAMP_DONKEY » Logged
TRX450R_Racer
Retired Racer
Supreme Member

**** Frank **** **FF&J Racing**

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #24 on: June 15, 2006, 07:03:47 PM »

In my opinion this type of thread doesn't belong on this site.

Member of South East Florida Trail Riders

Life's to short, wear a helmet.
Dress for the crash, not for the ride.
Ripped off by Brandon George.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 ... 9   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Other Florida sites of interest: www.PinballShark.com